[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MERRY PLATYPUS ONE AND ALL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: Tis the season to be jolly.png (502KB, 1518x1314px) Image search: [Google]
Tis the season to be jolly.png
502KB, 1518x1314px
MERRY PLATYPUS ONE AND ALL
>>
File: bladybus.jpg (26KB, 500x306px) Image search: [Google]
bladybus.jpg
26KB, 500x306px
>>15055603
bladybus?
>>
>>15055603
>fa is the only one with santa hat
BEST GIRL CONFIRMED
>>
>>15055603
Where did you found the last Lalah pic?
>>
File: 74340.png (768KB, 2550x1521px)
74340.png
768KB, 2550x1521px
>>15055680
they're all on one sheet. it's sprites from some game
>>
That took me longer than I want to admit
>>
>>15055689
Oh. I see
>>
>>15055691
subtle jokes are the best kind
>>
File: psyduck.jpg (44KB, 550x700px)
psyduck.jpg
44KB, 550x700px
>>15055603
?
>>
File: falalala.jpg (835KB, 2550x1200px)
falalala.jpg
835KB, 2550x1200px
>>15055719
The joke has been around on /m/ for at least two years.
>>
>>15055603
>>15056086
It has been a year and I still don't get the fucking joke! ;_;
>>
>>15056897
Don't worry m8, you're not alone
>>
>>15055603
TRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMBBBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXZM5bxoccc
>>
>>15056897
>>15056900
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIFqnEoctI4
>>
>>15056897
Are you perhaps... Jewish?
>>
>>15057263
Ah, thank you!

>>15057276
Born in a non-English-speaking Catholic country, so I never heard this song >>15057263
>>
>>15057299
It's actually a holdover from Yule ("troll the ancient Yule-tide carol, Fa Lalah Lalah Lalah Lalah"), the pre-christian holiday that the tree, presents, wreaths, etc all come from. At the time christianity spread through western europe, the holiday was called "Candlemas" with "-mas" being the standard suffix indicating a holiday (kinda like how we just tack "day" on the end of a word to indicate a modern holiday [memorial day, veterans day, earth day, etc, etc]). They couldn't get the locals to stop celebrating Candlemas so they just stamped Jesus over the top of the already existing holiday celebration, kinda like how modern baptists want to make Halloween "Jesusween".

But I digress...
The song didn't get spread around the world with the rest of Christianity because it has nothing to do with Christianity so it's not surprising that you haven't heard it. It's only part of the english-speaking Christmas tradition because PAGANS.
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (39KB, 194x410px)
Clipboard01.jpg
39KB, 194x410px
*unintelligible*
>>
>>15057324
>It's only part of the english-speaking Christmas tradition because PAGANS.
Yeah, I guess so. Is that the one people sing in front of the doors of other people's houses? Here "Christmas songs" are the ones sung in churches.
>>
File: Easter_bunny_variation.png (313KB, 520x380px) Image search: [Google]
Easter_bunny_variation.png
313KB, 520x380px
>>15057366
It's one of them, yeah. Caroling kind of went from group sing-alongs at huge (entire town) parties to door-to-door "remember our traditions?". Most people neither know nor care that the practice is from before the holiday was associated with christ.

And since no one asked, I'll explain the "platypus" comment in the OP.
In the Invader Zim episode "The Most Horrible X-Mas Ever", Zim tries to take over the world by creating a holiday about Platypuses. No one cares, and he instead decides to subvert Christmas by building a giant robot Santa suit that goes out of control and threatens to wipe out life on earth (see? it's /m/ related!)
>>
>>15057324
>kinda like how modern baptists want to make Halloween "Jesusween".

That's pretty funny considering Halloween is Samhain with Jesus caring for the dead pasted over it.
>>
>>15057472
>Halloween is Samhain with Jesus caring for the dead
Halloween has fuck-all to do with Abrahamic religion. It's about children dressing up like monsters and going out into the streets begging strangers for candy. Its traditions originated from the belief that the boundary between the land of the living and the land of the dead was thinnest halfway between the autumn equinox and the winter solstice and you'd light your walkway so your dead loved-ones could find their way to your house and hang scary decorations to keep unfamiliar/unfriendly spirits away (this is where jack-o-lanterns came from). Then little kids started sneaking around dressed like ghosts/goblins/faerie/whatev because there was a superstition that giving offerings to spirits protected you from bad spirits. So people who didn't give out sweets would get their yards trashed by hoodlums. Some witty adults took it to the next level by plotting to scare kids away from their homes, and these things coalesced into "trick or treat".

>Jesus caring for the dead pasted over it
That's just the first stage of the "jesusween" co-opting. Everyone knows it's a pagan holiday and always has been. The push to insert Jesus into it is less than a century old.
>>
>>15057498
All Souls Day and All Saints Day disagree. All Hallow's Eve (shortened to Halloween) is just the vigil ahead of the holiday, much like Christmas Eve is for Christmas and Holy Saturday is for Easter.
>>
>>15057549
Those are Nov 1 and 2, respectively, and do not involve dressing like a power ranger to get free chocolate.
They coincide with, but are not connected to, Halloween. Yeah, the name may come from "All Hallow's Eve" like "Christmas" has "Christ" in it, but the actual celebration of the holiday is just modernized Samhain.
>>
>>15057600
okay great nobody cares about your smelly hippy fat chick holiday
>>
>>15057600
And I quote >Halloween has fuck-all to do with Abrahamic religion.

I demonstrated how exactly it has fuck-all to do with Catholicism in specific. I didn't deny in the least that Christianity loves co-opting local holidays for its own use. Halloween is the fucking vigil before All Souls Day, that is what it has to do with Abrahamic religion. How it is celebrated is irrelevant to what you said.
>>
>>15057630
>Christianity loves co-opting local holidays for its own use
>hurr durr it's bad to include Christ in anything not related to the literal church building

That's how your country ends up a sleazy crime-infested third world cesspit. If anything has fucked up the church's image, it's man made bullshit like the Catholic cult's praying to candles and statues, self-victim entitlement, replacement theology, and placing people, icons, and race baiting above God that have fucked up the Church's image.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.