[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Macross Delta movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 214
Thread images: 27

File: cgoc3qr2zaaqi6jsvpuy.png (662KB, 800x436px) Image search: [Google]
cgoc3qr2zaaqi6jsvpuy.png
662KB, 800x436px
You are in charge of making the Macross Delta movie better than the show.

What needs to change?
>>
Hayate flies his father's VF-22 at the end after his VF-31 was shot down during the final battle.
>>
>>15053277

We remember Mirage is part of the show
>>
>>15053277
Make it a seacat documentary.
>>
File: walkure_concert.png (14KB, 974x199px) Image search: [Google]
walkure_concert.png
14KB, 974x199px
>>15053277
I would not try to fix anything and just move on hoping to make new and better story.

At least 2 years after the events of TV show.
New enemies. No windermerians except for Freyja.
No Mirage. She was assigned to another squad or maybe even died.
Madoka-style ending with Freyja becoming goddess.

Also slightly related: tickets for Walkure's live concert were sold out (at least for the first day). Nice results considering the size of the concert hall: https://www.google.com/search?q=%E6%A8%AA%E6%B5%9C%E3%82%A2%E3%83%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%83%8A&tbm=isch . I still believe that if movie is ever announced it will be on the live concert.
>>
Make it like the TV series. It is perfect the way it is. It's the best installment to the franchise imo.
>>
>>15053277
remove the entire second season
>>
>>15053277
Reina and Makina fuck onscreen.
>>
>>15053277
Replace Mirage with Mikumo.
>>
Basara and Mylene travel through time and space to call Hayate a faggot.
>>
>>15054430
This tbqh fampai

Also remove the middle section of the show.
>>
Kill Mirage and Arab. Make them all more competent. Make the Air Knights a bigger Squadron and kill some off. Mikumo awakens earlier and becomes a villain of her own will with Roid, eventually betraying him like Leon got shat on until Freyja's kiss brings her back to normal.
>>
>>15053277
Do not push Windmere as sympathetic.

Make Mirage into an action girl.
>>
The love triangle should be between Hayate, Freyja, and Mikumo.
>>
>>15053277
Remember to actually give 90% of the cast development.
Especially Mirage.

Either make it a straight love story, or write a proper triangle.

Fix the pacing around episodes 14 onwards.

Deal with the Nuns, you don't have to resolve everything, but don't half-ass a plotpoint like that.

Have Hayate git gud without music buffs.
Don't have a main character who is proficient in battaroid mode, then have him only uses it 5 times in the entire series.

Don't treat the best character like shit by killing him off and ntring him.

Don't have Keith and Roid die in such an anti-climactic way.
In fact redo the entire finale, it was the weakest in all of Macross.

That's all I can currently think of.
>>
>>15053277
Remove every idolshits besides Freyja
>>
>>15054182
At the end we nuke the Windermerians.
>>
>>15053277
Macross Delta II: Idols Again

It's a documentary about Mikumo
No other characters from the series are featured.
>>
>>15054182
With much help from ticket scalpers
>>
I really really really wanted a Heinz opera and Walkure pop dual style song
>>
File: 1482815398755.jpg (217KB, 354x500px) Image search: [Google]
1482815398755.jpg
217KB, 354x500px
>>
File: 1470872567061.jpg (448KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470872567061.jpg
448KB, 1280x720px
Cure Frejya. The cutest girl needs to live!
>>
>>15059299
> inazuma
MY BODY ISN'T READY
>>
Space IS actually does antagonistic stuff rather than pussyfooting around and playing both sides to no apparent endgame. It's sad how Keiji Fujiwara is typecast as these sleazeball types.

>>15059299
>Inazuma

Whoa, I thought he stopped doing ero stuff like other doujin artists that went legit. Last doujin I remember from him is the Yamato 2199 one.
>>
>>15059365
Cure her of what, pathetic genetics?
>>
File: pixiv54732841.png (1MB, 1018x1463px) Image search: [Google]
pixiv54732841.png
1MB, 1018x1463px
Just gonna make Mikumo the best babe of Macross universe ever by replacing and relegate Mirage as a mirage character.
>>
File: 1482086962489.jpg (109KB, 695x720px) Image search: [Google]
1482086962489.jpg
109KB, 695x720px
>>15059365
She's a dumb stinky idol, not a Cure.
>>
>>15053277
>make Mirage relevant or spare her the anguish and make Mikumo take her place
>reduce mention of muh winds by 70%
>make Bogue competent
>remove filler
>more lewd behavior between Makina and Reina
>Messer confesses to Kaname and dies anyway
>Kaname confesses to Arad anyway
>Freyja dies of overexertion

Also cameo concert by Fire Bomber
>>
>Bogue and Hayate rivalry
>Messer confesses to Kaname
>Makina and Reina on-screen yuri
>Solo wing Mirage finale
>>
>people implying Makina and Reina were gay
I want /u/ to leave
>>
>>15053277
Remove mirage.
>>
>>15062442

I'd prefer Mikumo not replace Mirage personally, since then the love triangle aspect becomes a carbon copy of the last entries' by being between a pilot and two idols one experienced and one a newcomer. I'd prefer Mikumo be merged with Freyja as a character instead, or maybe merge Freyja and Kaname. Both Mikumo and Kaname have more interesting characters and possible arcs. than Freyja anyway, with one being an artificial being programmed for music and with no identity beyond it while the other is takin a second chance at fame and struggling with being second place to the group's main.
>>
>>15053277

Hayate has been with Xaos for some time. Arad picked him up off of the street for reasons that Hayate doesn't really know (Arad knew his dad and wanted to see Hayate taken care off). Hayate has been training to be a pilot for some time, and while he has some talent he remains unfocused and never really managed to make it to Delta squad status. Mirage is his instructor and has known him for at least a year or two at this point, and while she agrees Hayate isn't ready yet she is the one that keeps pushing Xaos to give Hayate (yet another) chance. She already likes him, even if she is in denial about it.

After Freya shows up, Hayate and Freya 'click' and for reasons no one can explain Hayate starts flying better. Good enough to validate the belief that Arad and Mirage have in him, and he ends up the new Delta pilot.

Windemere reaches some new Var research that lets them deploy the song of the wind on a greater scale. The take the cat planet first, and Delta is forced to fall back (Hayate makes their retreat possible via song buff and downing Keith nonlethally). But the rest of the planets in the cluster get taken all at once in a later set of simultaneous attacks, too many fronts for Delta to respond. This condenses the action enough to fit into one movie.

Combine the 'Windemere takes Ragna' and the final fight into a single battle at the end of the movie. Bogue and a few others stick with Roid tot he end, while Keith and some of the more sympathetic windies flip sides to serve Heinz. Keith suicide attacks Roind, and Hayate kills Bogue in a duel to defend Walkure and Heinz (Heinz is singing on the same stage as Walkure for the big finish).

There. Fewer battles, so things seem less samey. Faster paced war. Mirage and Hayate have some kind of history and connection so it feels like she actually could have been a thing (she basically fills the childhood friend trope here) and Hayate/literally any non-windie character actually do SOMETHING important.
>>
>>15059299
Will someone be at comiket and be getting this on the 31st of Dec?
>>
>>15055184
>killing him off and ntring him.
If anything, Arad got NTR'd by a ghost and his bracelet. Did you see how she talked to it?
>>
File: 1465558669572.jpg (463KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1465558669572.jpg
463KB, 1536x2048px
>>15054365

...you could do worse.
>>
>>15053277
Either make it proper Ace Combat in spess with idols or punch the writer enough times to make him remember battroid exists. And no music buffs asspulls, that's lame.
>>
>>15053277
Delta was a piece of shit but Frontier wasn't any better.
>>
>>15066226

You know, the Music buff was made really samey and boring in the middle, but what really turned it into a shit sandwich was that it ultimately never fucking matters.

The downsides of the song buff just go away because Hayate decides he won't go var berserk anymore (lol what? Were you doing it on purpose before now?) and he never actually uses the song buff to do anything important in the end. Largely because Xaos and every person in it other than Freya is totally fucking irrelevant in the final episode. Moreso than usual, even.

>>15067747

I disagree. While they had a lot of the same elements, the characters in Frontier and what they did actually mattered. The SMS and Alto and the rest actually impacted the plot and moved events forward to a resolution.

Literally no non-windemeren character in Delta matters. Windemere does things and no one can stop them. Then a Windemeren (Roid) betrays Windemere and the rest of Windemere has to stop him after another Windemeren (Freya) gives them the chance because of her feelings and then Windemere goes home. Everyone else in the plot is basically spends the whole show sitting in the corner jerking off and wondering when they get to do something (the answer is never).

Its just terrible writing that makes no use at all of its ensemble cast and makes you wonder why the show wasn't from their perspective in the first place. The only reason it isn't the worst /m/ show I have ever seen is because Eureka Seven AO exists. Delta is just stupidly done, whereas AO was actively spiteful towards the viewer.
>>
File: spaceelfwithglasses.png (232KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
spaceelfwithglasses.png
232KB, 800x450px
>Keep the focus on Hayate
>Make Mirage a badass onscreen, also give her a humorous side
>Better yet, make all of Delta platoon badasses onscreen, fucking seriously
>Messer survives
>Arad or Chuck should die
>Have Hayate kill more windniggers and not just fucking drones
>New songs should be more like Ikenai or Junjou
>Stop victimizing the fucking Windniggers and stop antagonizing NUNs, they both must be wrong in the end
>Make Hayate and Freyja actually confront the lifespan issue instead of ignoring it like the TV show
>At least one of the Knights must be fucking KILLED, not die of old age
>Show NUNS and Windy cannon fodders duking it out more often
>Either reveal who Lady M is or don't fucking bother including her at all
>Space Jew Uta Wa Heiki conflict needs to fuck off
>MORE IMMELMANN DANCE
>At least one kiss scene between Hayate and Freyja, seriously the purity bullshit is getting old

I could go on some more but it would just be nitpicking, these are fixes for legitimate issues the show had.
>>
>>15053277

make messer and kaname the main couple and nuke the rest from orbit its the only way to be sure
>>
Has their ever even been any word of a movie coming soon? All I ever see are more concert announcements.
>>
>>15068982

No announcement, and probably not all that soon. But every Macross series sans Zero got a movie extension or adaptation. And none of the needed one so desperately as Delta needs a movie version.

Delta has a number of characters and pieces that could be good, but the writing is so poorly thought out and poorly paced its dogshit. A second try to tell a tighter version of the story is the only hope Delta has of not being remembered as the single worst entry in the Macross franchise.
>>
File: 1460422679146.jpg (555KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1460422679146.jpg
555KB, 1280x960px
Freymika
>>
Unrelated, but is there any lineart of the Macross Plus Ghost drone/fighter? Can't find any in the two Plus artbooks I've got.
>>
>>15055530
>At the end we nuke the Windermerians.
What is amazing is that the show somehow managed to convince me that the entire race deserves to be nuked. I have seen many alien antagonist races in many shows, but Delta is the first time I genuinely think genocide is justified. The Windies have no redeeming traits whatsoever.
>>
>>15053277
Remove idols. All is fixed.
>>
>>15068986
>A second try to tell a tighter version of the story is the only hope Delta has of not being remembered as the single worst entry in the Macross franchise.
This meme will never cease to get old
>>
>>15071358
don't forget the moe shit
>>
>>15071358
Don't be fucking stupid. Idols are not the reason the show sucked.
>>
>>15064350
Beginning changes remind me of DYRL. I like it.
>>
>>15055481
Fuck it, remove all the pilots too. Just make Hayate and Freyja some experimental team that NUNS or Xaos proposed.
>>
>>15071396
>Fuck it, remove all the pilots too.
What exactly are you doing in /m/?
>>
File: 1468387911438.jpg (2MB, 2132x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1468387911438.jpg
2MB, 2132x3000px
>>15053277
>Badass Mirage (at least in the plane lol)
>Fucking triangle actually exists
>Messer dies but in a more RUN YOU FOOLS way
>Wind Niggers actually act and are portrayed as villains.
>Show the motherfucking fate of Megaroad-01 and its gold.
>>
>>15071428
The pilots were garbage characters you idiot. If Kawamori can't into character development for almost 10 fucking characters or even 5, might as well make it easier for him and just have 2.
>>
>>15071380
>Don't be fucking stupid. Idols are not the reason the show sucked.
Indeed, the idols are practically segregated from the war. Yes, Mikumo is the plot device, but other than conveniently showing up as to get captured by accident, by just the one person who knows what to do with her, there is basically no explanation why the fuck she is even in a position to get kidnapped.
>>
File: macross-movie.jpg (158KB, 1000x1571px) Image search: [Google]
macross-movie.jpg
158KB, 1000x1571px
These three come back at the end
>>
>>15053277
cut all of the muh dimensional weaponry bullshit
>>
>>15053277
Nothing can save macross, even if done good, delta already happened and killed the franchise.

just forget about this shit
>>
>>15071909
If Macross 7 wasn't enough to kill the franchise, I don't think that Delta will.

Macross Delta's music >>>> Macross 7's music, which is where the majority of the money is going to be made.
>>
>>15070697
http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrossplus/x9-ghost.htm
>>
>>15072063
>Macross Delta's music >>>> Macross 7's music
>>
File: 1436950761477.png (59KB, 749x613px) Image search: [Google]
1436950761477.png
59KB, 749x613px
>>15072063
>Macross Delta's music >>>> Macross 7's music
>>
Sex scene with Reina and Makina
>>
>>15064350
>Heinz is singing on the same stage as Walkure for the big finish

Holy shit. Now I will never be able to forget what a missed opportunity the end of Delta was.
>>
>>15071358
>how to fix Gundam: remove giant robots
>>
>>15072063

Fire Bomber have probably made more money than any other aspect of Macross given they've been putting out albums and people have been buying them for 20 years. Delta hasn't got a tip on them music sales wise, and they probably never will. Walkure are selling concert tickets now, but they haven't been shifting them at levels that would indicate decades of popularity the way Fire Bomber did as far as I've seen.
>>
>>15072063
Macross F killed the franchise with its moeshit idols
>>
>>15072605
>how to fix /m/: remove weebshits and cancerfags like yourself
>>
>>15072759
Is this the present of /m/? Do some retards here really deluded themselves into thinking word "weeb" is not applicable to them? I bet you're one of those newcomers who unironically thinks that he watches mature anime for mature audience like himself.

How to really fix /m/: increase age restriction from 18 to 30.
>>
>>15072769
pls ANN get out
>>
>>15071648
>there is basically no explanation why the fuck she is even in a position to get kidnapped
Not defending Delta but the show constantly implies she is the star singer which attracts Roid's attention. The problem with the show is that it completely forgets what made it stronger in the first half, like actual fucking combat and dancing mechs.
>>15071909
My god you "Macross is dead" meme fags need to kill yourselves right fucking now.
>>
>>15073275
>Not defending Delta but the show constantly implies she is the star singer which attracts Roid's attention
No, what I mean is that she just fell into Roid's lap. I would have accepted it if Roid schemed to capture her and succeds, but he clearly didn't do that.

It is as bizzare as just "accidentally" have the nuclear launch codes falling at my feet when it is what I wanted. Yes, Roid wanted the Star Singer, but he did nothing to obtain her.
>>
>>15073298
Windies also accidentally had an armed VF-22 in their castle. And one of the knights accidentally killed himself. Delta is too retarded even by macross standards.
>>
>>15073621
>Windies also accidentally had an armed VF-22 in their castle.
It was explained in the very same episode that it was armed by muslim merchant. It's very logical that party that supplies windermerians with all the equipment would have access to it. Why instead of all unexplained things in Delta did you decide to pick the one of explained ones? Some viewers are too retarded even for Delta.
>>
Can we go back to giving out ideas on how to make Delta better? I like reading interesting ideas and changes that will never see the light of day.
>>
>>15073745
>Can we go back to giving out ideas on how to make Delta better? I like reading interesting ideas and changes that will never see the light of day.
See, the thing is, we could discuss GSD all day because it had a lot of wasted potential. But with Delta even the potential isn't there. With Delta we basically had to scrap the entire 2nd half of the show and invent something whole-cloth, or just transplant Frontier into it. There isn't enough in Delta that could be "saved".
>>
>>15073759
>the potential isn't there
Let me guess, you hate the "idolshit" and moeshit" even though these were always in Macross? Yeah, fuck off.
>>
Macross is ded
What is Kawamori doing right now?
>>
>>15073786
>Let me guess, you hate the "idolshit" and moeshit" even though these were always in Macross? Yeah, fuck off.
You guessed wrong. I am perfect fine with idols and moe, except in Delta they are literally irrelevant.

The Delta idols might as well be performing on Earth far away from the Windermere war, and it would have changed nothing.
>>
>>15073792
Expats in china to troll more people
>>
>>15073745
>how to make Delta better?
An interesting plot.
>>
It reminds me that in one of Febri's interviews with Yasuda revealed that originally they did not plan to spend much time on windies. They were supposed to be just mysterious enemies.
But then probably someone decided to get a little bit of fujo audience. I just don't see a reason why would anyone think shoving windies was a good idea. Delta would be so much better without constant "muh wind" bullshit. Why does Bogue exist? Why do chinese twins even have names? Why are all windies so heavily promoted and advertised if they are supposed to be enemies of main characters? I just can't believe Kawamori betrayed everyone for some easy fujo bucks. And it didn't even work, fujo didn't give a single fuck about Delta and windies.
>>
>>15073848
All of Delta feels like they decided to change fucking everything halfway through the series.

Its like halfway through preproduction they decided they didn't like anything they have but only had time to finish the second half.
>>
>>15073794
But the idols ended up saving the galaxy, didn't they?
>>
>>15073874
>But the idols ended up saving the galaxy, didn't they?
In Delta? No.

In fact, if the Idols were nowhere near the war, then the Windermere war would have ended when NUNs shows up.
>>
>>15073879
>the Windermere war would have ended when NUNs shows up
Oh a NUNSfag. NUNS did show up and they still ended up getting obliterated by the windniggers.
>>
>>15073848
>Why are all windies so heavily promoted and advertised if they are supposed to be enemies of main characters?
What do you mean? The Windies ARE the main characters. the Delta Squadron were bystanders.
>>
Did they announce an official movie at the next Walkure concert?
>>
>>15073900
>Did
Their live concert is on 28th and 29th of January.
>>
>>15073745
Here's my attempt.

Epsilon is the big bad, playing 5D chess and guiding both NUN policy through corrupting key figures and and Windermere's through manipulation. Delta squadron and the Aerial Knights only meet each other once before the final and instead get to fight facless mooks or side characters of the opposing faction so that the Windies are no longer boring Mary Sues. Instead of being the one story told from both sides it is instead two stories from two sides that meet at the end. Half is about Delta Squadron fighting the war on behalf of NUNS and then becoming suspicious of corruption within the spacy that prevents it from effectively fighting and ending the war and the other is about the Aerial Knights fighting the war and learning that Gramia had been fed a lot of misinfo and that Roid is being a turbo autist in the corner and has his own goals. Roid spergs out at being discovered and launches a coup against shota king and the knights during which time Delta infiltrate Windermere to follow a thread in their investigation about the dimensional weapon in the last war, Hataye's dad and the Epsilon connection. Delta meets the Knights, Freyja and shota sing for some love and understanding then they work together to save the day.

Chuck and his family is gone, Arad too with Messer being in command and Mirage is actually competent. On the Windermere side Bogue and Qasim are removed but Theo and Xao can stay as they are essentially already non-characters. I have no idea what to do with Mikumo though.
>>
>>15053277
the movie is about another delta squad that has nothing to do wint songs or wind faggots
>>
>>15073882
How to win the war as NUNS in two easy steps:

>mass produce ghosts and those song rape shield projectors
>win

Windermere has one Wind singer who can only sing so much before he gets space cancer, one team of ace pilots, a tiny industrial base and presumably a tiny pool of regular pilots and other combatants too.
>>
In the final scene Hayate burns up like Guld did in Plus while fighting all dank against the ultimate Windermerean fighter, killing them both. While this happens, Freyja is the only singer left standing after starsinger mindrape, but she manages to bring Mikumo back to her senses. Roid points a gun at Mikumo but Heinz grabs onto him and tosses him into the chasm, before lying down and dying like Darth Vader. Freyja also dies. And then for some reason Mirage has to nuke Windermere again and live with the guilt for the rest of her life. Mikumo returns to the great flow. Freyja keeps singing to stop the rest of the Aerial knights from preventing the bomb from landing. They're all vaporised. If we could work in the Elysium crashing into the planet it would be perfect.
>>
File: noice dom0.png (150KB, 500x543px) Image search: [Google]
noice dom0.png
150KB, 500x543px
>>15072077
>>
File: 447a.png (707KB, 570x852px) Image search: [Google]
447a.png
707KB, 570x852px
>>
>>15073848
wtf the fact that you can actually sum up Delta's plot without mentioning Delta should tell you which side is actually relevant
>>
>>15072063
I don't know why people keep pretending Macross 7 was good. The MC is all style but no substance, a literal cartoon character. The rest of the cast isn't any good either. It's no surprise after Delta came around, 7fags emerged chanting "HA 7 isn't the worst anymore!"
>>
>>15076202

Very few people were saying it was before Delta, given that both II and Zero get far more apathy and hate in turn. Frontier gets quite a lot of shit too.
>>
>>15076219
Frontier gets a lot of hate because its the most recent entry and newfags won't shut up about it, same thing as the most recent Gundam entry getting shit on relentlessly by /m/

Its hard to actually tell if Delta is awful for that reason. Although I genuinely don't like it as much as other entries I'm sure there is someone out there who thinks Delta is the best Macross and that I'm a jaded old man.
>>
>>15076295

I think it's the worst entry as well personally, but I know there's others here love it and I don't hate it so much as I'm just apathetic about it. Same as my reaction to II really. From my observation of Delta threads, the people who like it most seem to enjoy it primarily because they like Freyja. So I guess if you can enjoy her character (who I found grating after 8 or so episodes, but who has some nice moments) then you'll probably enjoy the show. Which I guess makes sense, since Freyja and Windermerians are the two things the show really pushes. I probably have much the same thing with Frontier really, since I really enjoy Sheryl and liking her character makes me more fond of the entire show despite recognizing that it has faults.
>>
>>15053277
are they making a Delta film?
>>
>>15076308
Sheryl's a really good character.
>>
>>15076202
There are a few things that makes me enjoy an anime. They include a good soundtrack, which is about what 7 has going for it. As long as it isn't dragged down by any of the other elements, which it isn't, it's good. Frontier in comparison is dragged down by both the shitty J-pop and the moeshit idol fucks. Is it too much to expect my Macross to have class?
>>
>>15073745
Screw this, the whole thing is dead anon. Dead and buried.
>>
>>15076308
Frontier is popular mostly because of Sheryl and Ranka. 2016 and both got more fanart for their birthdays than Freyja did for hers. They have become iconic characters on their own on a level that, to be honest, only Kaname and Messer could have reached if they had been the protagonists. Freyja is really well-liked and popular, but in comparison to Sheryl and Ranka she just pales and there's nothing that unique or different that sets her apart from other genki girls.
>>
>>15072063
7 unironically had redeeming qualities.
I'm perma-saging macross from now on.

>d music good
Don't discard you opinion so quick next time.
>>
>>15076308
You make a good point. One of the problems with the Macross franchise is that it has varied characters, varied music, and varied backgrounds. Sure this is better than samespace syndrome, but it means it hops around between intended audiences a bit. If you don't like the chosen character or the music or the setting of the series, you probably won't enjoy the series itself. This is why me being a lolicon made Delta more likeable than Frontier. At least Macross will always gather up bigger and bigger dedicated audiences thanks to this variety, maybe they'll eventually stray from J-pop again.

So what is Macross 8 going to be about?
>>
>>15076491
>So what is Macross 8 going to be about?
Android idol. This is basically inevitable. A pity that Mikumo is just a clone.
>>
>>15076491
>So what is Macross 8 going to be about?
Will there even be one after that trainwreck?
>>
>>15053277
Modern cancer
>>
>>15077214

You missed /tg/, mate. This isn't a Magic thread.
>>
Start by making the main character have any sort of personality whatsoever. He is the flattest MC in the franchise despite having a promising start in the first 6 episodes of the anime.
To do this, the cast that isn't Hayate, Mirage and Freyja down by a lot. Delta did itself a disservice by having such a wide cast (5 pilots, 5 singers, 5 relevant 'kono kaze' space Imperial Japanese).
Speaking of Mirage, scrap the current character of shy, serious, functionally useless plot device and perhaps make her direct competition with Hayate. For example, perhaps they enter the Delta squadron and have to learn from each other.

Make Windies militant environmentalist instead of whatever the fuck they are right now.
>>
>>15077241
>Start by making the main character have any sort of personality whatsoever. He is the flattest MC in the franchise despite having a promising start in the first 6 episodes of the anime.
It is insane that his only role is "the son of the guy Windermere is mad at".

The fact that Hayate's dad did what he did, because he believed that Windermere is not going to try to mind control the galaxy, makes him the accidental villain. Because the entire war from start to finish is proof that NUNs was right and Hayate's dad wrong. Having faith in the goodness of Windermerians is silly, as we see with their sham trial.
>>
>>15077241
>Speaking of Mirage, scrap the current character of shy, serious, functionally useless plot device and perhaps make her direct competition with Hayate. For example, perhaps they enter the Delta squadron and have to learn from each other.
Ye, genderbent Pixy would be cool.
>>
>>15077216
and nor its weeb shit
>>
>>15071662
THIS. I'm tired of all this idol bullshit.

Macross used to me a MANLY series for MANLY MEN like Rick motherfucking Hunter: slayer of pussy and Zentraedi battlepods alike.

Minmay a massive steamy shit and should have been killed in the crossfire a hundred times
>>
>>15077241
>He is the flattest MC in the franchise despite having a promising start in the first 6 episodes of the anime.
Hayate's pretty flat at times, but he still managed to stay above Hikaru's level.
>>
>>15079890
>THIS. I'm tired of all this idol bullshit.
Delta has the least amount of actual Idol in the franchise. At least in the sense the idols were irrelevant. They might as well being some mid-show ad break thing.
>>
>>15079900
>Hayate's pretty flat at times, but he still managed to stay above Hikaru's level.
Hikaru is an actual war hero. Hayate wouldn't even be remembered in any future instalments. In fact he is probably the first Macross male main character who isn't historically relevant.
>>
>>15079904
That's like claiming Gato isn't as flat as a sheet of paper just because he stole the GP02A, nuked the entire feddy fleet, and set the colony to drop on North America, which set the stage for the creation of the titans and forever changed the political and military framing of the Earthsphere.
>>
File: Max ''WEDGE ANTILLES'' Sterling.jpg (20KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Max ''WEDGE ANTILLES'' Sterling.jpg
20KB, 640x480px
>>15053277
>when you fuck an enemy alien pilot so hard in battle that she falls out of the sky directly onto your dick and gives birth to your future children

Max was a badass. I'd watch a series about him, Rick, and a few other pilots just going off and fighting crazy shit in space.
>>
>>15079917
Not him, but Hikaru was in my opinion a better character because he had reflection on his own actions

Hayate is just being a good lad the entire time. Additionally, he's dense as fucking rocks in terms of love interests and one of his love interests isn't even trying or something.

The 'Idolshit' is a problem insofar as it distracts from characterization of the important characters.
>>
>>15079927
>Rick
Who?
>>
>>15079890
>Rick motherfucking Hunter
Who?
>>
File: 14172821376171.png (318KB, 800x451px) Image search: [Google]
14172821376171.png
318KB, 800x451px
Freyja Lee
>>
>>15079904
To expand from my own post, I am starting to think that the entire Delta would be erased from the timeline. I am not saying they would remove everything, but that the entire Delta Squad would simply never be mentioned in the future. The Windermere war would stay, but no one would bother to record anything about either the singers or the Delta Squad that failed to protect them.
>>
>>15080371
So, the Delta squad should no loner exist? Sounds very Ace Combat.
>>
>>15080371
>>15080380
Well, when the war started the UG wrote it off as a minor conflict between outlier colonies, it probably wouldn't be hard to make it little more than an obscure footnote in the official historical record.
>>
>>15080371

This. Walkure will go down in history as a promising but ultimately failed experiment in regards to using fold wave singers as a tactical tool, overshadowed entirely by the Windemeren success at using fold wave songs as a strategic tool.

Everything Delta attempted was nothing anything more but a vastly inferior and less effective version of the Song of the Wind, much less the Song of the Stars. Unless Walkure's music was notably popular for its entertainment value outside the globular cluster, history will remember Windemere's war and their galaxy-wide psychic attack, but not much else.

The planet windemere was, of course, utterly annihilated by planetary MDE bombing in the months following the the final episode, with fleeing Windemeren ships pursued and destroyed whenever possible. They are simply too dangerous to let live, have just scared the living shit out of everyone important in the NUNG, and everything that could have protected them now is gone. Heinz can't sing the Song the Wind much more without killing himself, and the NUNS have jammers that work well enough against it to make progress. And they lost Keith, so no more soloing enemy fleets. And the stupid bastards didn't even have the presence of mind to realize that they needed to surrender.
Windemere is super, super dead.
>>
Remove the shitty singing.
Remove that retarded airhead on the right of that picture.
Add a lot of dog fights.
>>
>>15080326
Kawamori you god damn imbecile.

ffs what a piece of shit
>>
>>15081111
>shitting on Freyja and Ranka
Crawl back to your robotechx hole
>>
The amount of waifufaggotry a show generates seems to be a good measure for how shitty the actual plot is. Frontier's is absolutely nothing worth noting and Delta's just goes completely out of its way to insult the viewer's intelligence.
>>
>>15081470
Not really a good measurement.

Evangelion is great and has the most waifu faggotry of any /m/ anime.

>>15080635
>The planet windemere was, of course, utterly annihilated by planetary MDE bombing in the months following the the final episode

I wish
>>
>>15081869
>Evangelion is great and has the most waifu faggotry of any /m/ anime.

It's hilarious that you think this given that the entire point of Evangelion was Anno throwing a hissyfit about weaboos oogling over little girls. Evangelion isn't so much waifufaggotry as it is the director holding up a pedophilic parody and screaming at the audience "HEY YOU FREAKS, THIS IS NOT OKAY."
>>
>>15081869

Yeah, I don't think they would do it either since the show sucked the windie cock so much. But really, I can't imagine any half-logical outcome that doesn't end int he compete and total obliteration of Windemere.

They simply have kicked too many anthills, made themselves too big a threat, and now are totally open to reprisal. The only reasonable response is for the hammer to come down so hard their entire species forgets how to SPELL 'wind'.
>>
>>15081869

That's a good point you make there, but at the same time Evangelion is one of those bizarre examples where both the haters and majority of fans seem to filter out all the qualities that make it such a classic while putting an unusual fixation on romanticized pictures on the character favorites and vice versa for the non-favorites.

It's a pretty weird phenomenon to say the least.
>>
>>15081869
Evangelion is a generic harem shit for western weebshits.
This garbage is much more popular in west (especially in USA) than here in japan.
>>
>>15053277

Make Messer the MC.

>>15081877

>15 year old
>Little girls

Are you actually implying that most males in this earth would not ogle over a 15 year old in a tight bodysuit?
>>
Good plot
>>
>>15081945
The number of people who managed to watch Evangelion while completely missing every point it had to make is baffling.
>>
>>15082905
Nice try Cohen.
>>
File: Image00001.jpg (352KB, 1271x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Image00001.jpg
352KB, 1271x1800px
Meanwhile
https://exhentai.org/g/1013447/c9f8c3b8e5/

>>15081882
>But really, I can't imagine any half-logical outcome that doesn't end in he compete and total obliteration of Windemere.
Alternatively if there are lots of peacefags amongst NUN planets it could end the same way Syrian conflict with chemical weapons was "resolved" few years ago. I.e. windies destroy their protoculture ruins and Sigur Something. Then they can continue living in their snowy shithole.
>>
>>15079927
Who's Rick? Who's Max Sterling? Where is that screenshot from? Looks cheap.
>>
>>15083508
>Meanwhile
>https://exhentai.org/g/1013447/c9f8c3b8e5/

And it's still better than the actual ending.
>>
>>15083508
be nice to get a translation for this and not take too long.
>>
>>15083508

I dunno. After what happened, even if Windemere completely disarmed I would expect the NUN to move in and wage a MASSIVE culture war to break down Windemeren pride and national identity to make sure this shit doesn't happen again.

...kind of like what we did to Japan after WW2, come to think of it. But it would be even more effective, because Windies only live 30 years. Influencing their culture is SUPER easy because the turnover rate is twice as fast as ours.
>>
>>15084452
So, in other words, it pretty much becomes a 2030 C.E. situation.
>>
GAS THE WINDIES

SPACE WAR NOW
>>
>>15083508
Even in her own doujin Mirage can't get a break.
>>
>>15084452
>>15081882
>>
>>15083508
>Mirage doujin
>still gets upstaged
Maximum bully
>>
Honestly, letting Delta basically run with AC5's plot would have been perfect.

>Epsilon are remnant Anti-UN fags that want to ruin everything for the NUNS
>Manipulates Winderemere into warring with NUNS

Hell, they could even have Delta squad "shot down" and later return with the perfect symbolism.
>Walkure = Valkyrie
>Valkyries gather deceased warriors to be part of the Einherjar
>>
>>15053277
Fucking everything. Scrap the movie project and use the money elsewhere.
>>
- Better execution
- Have subplots/characters that are well utilized, not ignored, be relevant, and are connected to one another especially involving the main characters. Don't become mere (hanging) plot devices like the TV series.
- Have a competent Delta squad with actual group effort
- Better characterization/development of the characters
- Music that has better repertoire and is well integrated into the plot
- Have the singers convey more emotions into the songs
- Have a focus (not focus on too many things)
- A better written triangle whether it has romance, a minimum amount of it, or none at all
>>
>>15066209
what is this? Is it legit? from the staff?
>>
Make Mirage the MC and make it about her tragically not getting the guy but still managing to keep her will to fight. Kind of like how Hikaru was originally supposed to be before the writers decided to give her Misa.
>>
>>15059299
>>15059563
>>15059582
>>15066140
https://nhentai.net/g/183608/
Here you go guys. It's out already but unfortunately not translated. For now we have to be happy with what we got.
>>
>>15091744

>>15083508
>>
>>15091769
Didn't see that, but hey, the thought counts, right?
>>
Remove ever Walkure not named Mikumo and Freyja. I guess keep Kaname, but as a minor character. Freyja and Mirage are rivals trying to get into Walkure. Reduce how OP Windies are. Make the UN Spacey less incompetent.
>>
>>15091805
You'll just be making Frontier 2.0 except less shit
>>
Don't forget the fucking Immelmann Dance.
>>
How to fix Macross in general: Go back to making uncultured Zentradi the antagonists. Gundam isn't afraid to revisit Zeon baddies so why does Macross always have to introduce some new unmemorable baddy like space bugs or space faggots? Make more stories taking place before or after the events of Plus. Have different human colonies trying to work their way around Zentradi fleets harrasing them.
>>
>>15092991

Because Macross is not, and never has been, about military victories. Its about cultural victories and clashing mindsets.

Military action in Macross is only useful as a stalling action until the cultural solution has a chance to pay off. Its important to prevent the good guys from losing, but its very rare that a military action is what actually solves a problem in Macross (I think Macross Plus might be the one time that just killing the enemy was straight up the right answer, and that's because Sharon was an insane solitary actor instead of a faction).

One of the best decisions Macross ever made was to not get bogged down in endless pointless rehashes of man vs Zentradi conflict. Gundam isn't 'brave' for going back and doing Zeon 98 second edition, its boring and safe and trapped in the same story with the bad bad guys over and over again.
>>
>>15095105

Even in Plus Isamu was only able to attack because Myung sang to awaken him from Sharon's hypnosis. Though honestly, I'm partial to the idea Sharon wanted to lose to Myung and was ultimately trying to push her and Isamu together since she stopped shooting as soon as Isamu was under hypnosis, made no effort to stop Myung's song and never actually aimed at Isamu, only blind fired.
>>
>>15095105
>Gundam isn't 'brave' for going back and doing Zeon 98
Seems preferable to introducing wind niggers. And who says returning to the Zentradi would make it a military conflict only? Have said fleets have that one character who would rather sing to them and carry on Minmay's ideals. It's really not that hard anon, especially since its been said that there are still many Zentradi lurking the galaxy by the time the Earth was partially reformed. Besides, absolutely no Macross villain since the original has topped the Zentradi.
>>
File: Macross Meltran Wrestling.jpg (2MB, 1764x1459px) Image search: [Google]
Macross Meltran Wrestling.jpg
2MB, 1764x1459px
>>
Have main characters act as main characters especially Mirage and have real impact on the story.
>>
>>15091709
Mirage is literally too good for this dead shit.
>>
>>15091709

What a waste of her TV character.
>>
>>15053277
More mech fights instead of dogfights.
>>
>>15095130
Yeah, I felt Sharon wanted Isamu to be with Myung most of all. She could´ve just killed them both many times but just did not.
>>
File: ghost-of-razgriz.jpg (92KB, 440x750px) Image search: [Google]
ghost-of-razgriz.jpg
92KB, 440x750px
>>15087675
Or maybe pic related.
>>
>>15053277
more freyja
>>
>>15103749
>Ghosts of Razgriz
That's the idea.

But instead, they call themselves Einherjar to symbolise that they are ghosts.
>>
Utilize the character designs from the character book into the movie (which was disappointedly and mostly never used in the TV series).
>>
>>15104813
>less freyja
ftfy
>>
File: 1434363968465.png (473KB, 615x682px) Image search: [Google]
1434363968465.png
473KB, 615x682px
>There's no bokura no senjou freyja solo
>>
>>15104813
literally fuck off
>>
>>15106954
It's coming out on the 25th.
>>
File: 204040J6.jpg (328KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
204040J6.jpg
328KB, 2000x2000px
>>15106777
Main pilot suits looked like shit to be honest, SMS had better looking suits. Mirage herself was truly wasted. We'll never see her gain a sense of humor and laugh like in the art book. Apparently Kawamori's excuse for this was that he never expected people to get hyped over a fucking Jenius.
>>
It's easy to join the mob and say that anime is shit, but you need to have at least a little bit of intellect to understand why exactly it's shit.
Lots of anons here gave perfect examples of numerous flaws in Delta and how they could be improved. But then there are stupid faggots like for example >>15106838 and >>15107464 who just want to look cool on internet by bashing everything including actually good elements of the show. Those shitters should never be allowed to judge anything since they have no taste whatsoever.
>>
>>15064350

Better than the Delta we got.

Throw in some new songs and we got a winner.
>>
>>15107968
Meltran are not given justice.
>>
>>15107968
>Apparently Kawamori's excuse for this was that he never expected people to get hyped over a fucking Jenius.
I can't understand it too.
I would by hyped if it was Max himself (or Milia). Good old well known character. But Jenius is just a last name, it means fucking nothing, Mylene was Jenius too and I dare you to find a worse character in Macross.
>>
>>15108054
The thing is Mylene js a loli rockstar. Mirage is a pilot. Most of us thought Mirage would be like Klan. A hotblooded and prideful Meltran who can kick fucking ass like their warrior ancestors. Instead we got a cuck who tends to disappear from battle.
>>
>>15107973
>bashing everything including actually good elements of the show.
>freyja
>good
Pick one rankafag
>>
>>15108092
If you're comparing Freyja to Ranka then you're exactly what he's talking about. No taste whatsoever.
>>
>>15108101

They're both shitty waifubait characters, stop trying to pretend otherwise.
>>
>>15108101
>he
Sure thing rankafag
>>
>>15108133
Is any good girl waifubait these days? I don't even like Ranka.
>>
>>15108133
>waifubait
How to spot faggot who found /a/ only this summer (and /m/ only few months ago).
>>
File: 1480757171507.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480757171507.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
>>15108178
>unironically defending Delta
>>
>>15108241
Nice strawman. Unfortunately this is not /v/ and greentext with image macro won't change the fact you're summerfag.
>>
>>15053277
mikumo wins, freya and mirage btfo'd
>>
>>15108267
>Unfortunately this is not /v/
It's worse, it has people like you.
>>
>>15108154

If your only requirement for a good female character is to not be a pathetically passive little snot, you need to re-evaluate your standards.
>>
>>15108346
If the only positive thing you saw in Freyja is lack of one negative trait then you're certainly blind. She is well executed immature but strong willed type of character which actually fits Macross perfectly. But I'm not gonna argue with you because I suspect you are that cancerous shitposter who was saying that Freyja is Mary Sue, that she has no arc and other stupid shit.
>>
>>15108429

He can't be, because that's me. And I don't even hate Freyja, but that doesn't actually give her character an arc or make her less perfect. Shocking as it is I think there might actually be more than one person on /m/ who doesn't like something.
>>
>>15108451
No, that's me. There are many of us.
>>
>>15108507
No need to cover for me, man.

I'll come out and say it, that was me.
>>
>>15108451
>more than one person on /m/ who doesn't like something.
But it's rare for people here to be stupid enough to not know what Mary Sue and waifubait means.
>>
>>15108555

Is this your first day on the internet or something? I don't even mean just /m/ or just 4chan, I mean the whole thing. Almost no-one uses Mary Sue correctly. The actual definition of a fan created character who overshadows the main characters in an actual fan-fiction (as opposed to official "fan fictions" as the term gets used a lot these days) is a rare sight, here or anywhere else. You could argue the definition of the term is morphing over time or has already fully changed, but there is official or accept definition of the new usage of it. Waifu or waifubait have never had one. Ever. So any use of it is essentially up to the user.
>>
>>15108838
But there are unofficial definitions even if they are extremely vague and diverse.
Waifubait - yes, it can be applied to Freyja just like to almost any other girl from any late night TV anime. Creators obviously want their characters to be loved by audience. Yet even the most distorted definitions of Mary Sue I've ever seen are not applicable to Freyja. Unless you loose all criteria to the extent that 90% of main female characters would fit this term.
>>
>>15108521
why don't we have IDs (anymore)?
>>
File: best walkure.jpg (318KB, 1280x1654px) Image search: [Google]
best walkure.jpg
318KB, 1280x1654px
Kaname-san is so lovely.
>>
>>15108885

Well if there are no official definitions of something then of course there are unofficial ones. They're completely worthless though since they're so varied and vague. As for Freyja, she has at least one Mary-Sue aspect in that she isn't the main character, but you'd never know it going by the show itself. Especially in the second half. She over shadows Hayate entirely after a while and plays a bigger role in the show's resolution than he does.
>>
>>15109372
>over shadows
Wasn't Mary Sue about idealistic portrayal and stuff? That's why I said you have absolutely no fucking idea what Mary Sue is. At least read tvtropes or something (I can't believe I unironically recommend someone reading that site). Word overshadow is used in definition only in context of fan created character overshadowing canonical characters. Freyja is obviously canonical character. You just came up with your own stupid definition. By the way both Sheryl and Ranka played significantly bigger role in Frontier than Alto. I guess they are both Mary Sues, huh?
You should really educate yourself and read at least something about major characters, main characters and protagonists. The very first link in google has very detailed explanation using examples of Shawshank Redemption and Terminator 2.
>>
Did Kawamori's new project get cancelled yet because of Delta's flop?
>>
>>15110124
Kawamori managed to deceive chinks to fund his new project. And they don't care too much about financial success of his previous shows.

I'm not sure why would anyone here want it to be cancelled. We already get less and less mecha with every year.
>>
>>15108289
Would've been the best ending. Wright "Bomb&Tomb" Immelman collected two alien waifus for his son from Windermere and he completely ignored the better one.
>>
Hire a better script writer.
Thread posts: 214
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.