[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AU gundam shows.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: AUAUAU.png (2MB, 932x1003px) Image search: [Google]
AUAUAU.png
2MB, 932x1003px
So i have heard that most of the AU gundam shows are either mediore or really bad. If im only gonna try out 3 AU shows, than what should they be.

Personally i would watch Turn A, 00 and After war gundam X.
>>
>>15051670
>So i have heard that most of the AU gundam shows are either mediore or really bad.
You were fed a lie.
>If im only gonna try out 3 AU shows, than what should they be.
SEED, Destiny, and 00, maybe X if you want a fourth.
>>
>>15051670
Turn A and G-Reco aren't AU, Build Fighters and G are really good, and 00 and X are alright. AGE, Wing, and SEED can go in the trash can.
>>
>>15051670
As >>15051686 pointed out Turn A isn't an AU, I think your choices are fine though, you definitely need to include G, its pure fun.
>>
>>15051716
>you definitely need to include G, its pure fun.
Im not looking for pure fun in a gundam show, so i am pretty sure that i wont like G.
>>
>>15051739
It's almost Dragonball/yu-yu hakusho's tournament arcs but with gundam's.

Any ways the only really bad AU is Destiny, but it's first 13 or so episodes are pretty solid, and they'll allow you to watch stargazer which is an amazing OVA spin-off from Destiny.

Seed is mediocre, but not offensively bad.
It has enough decent areas to warrant a watch.

IBO varies from having 3 great first episodes, having lots of mediocre sections, and a few extremely poorly done story arcs.
The animation quality is extremely inconsistent, but conceptually it has a lot going for it.
Probably the most non-traditional entry second to 00.

00 season 1 is a great departure from the traditional formula, but the second season becomes more traditional and adapts a lot of Zeta's plotlines.
It's still a solid entry though.

AGE is a show for children, if you watch it the only good thing you'll find is the animation, OST, and mecha design.

Only watch GBF after seeing all of UC and every AU up until Seed-00

Try is horrible outside 2-3 episodes, and many rights reuse animation.

Turn A is UC

If you like Turn A you might watch reco, but he warned this is the most divisive series ever and needs its own post to explain why.
>>
1. Metal Armor Dragonar
2. After War Gundam X
3. Gundam Wing
>>
>>15051843
>Metal Armor Dragonar
This actually reminds me a lot of Sunrise's works are practically just unofficial gundam AUs.
>Code Geass
>Cross Ange
>l-gaim
>vifam
>SPT Lazner
>Infinite Ryvius
>Garasaki
>Argento Soma
>Dendoh
>King gainer
>Valvrave
>Buddy Complex
>>
>>15051835
>00 season 1 is a great departure from the traditional formula
and yet it is the worst entry in the franchise
>>
>>15051893
Any of those good?
I have l-gaim, vifam, spt layzner, ryvius, gasaraki, calrave and buddy complex in my backlog.
>>
>>15051989
If you go in watching Valvrave expecting to be entertained, then you will be. It's a nonsensical mess of relatively well-animated bullshit that's very good at being bad.
>>
>>15051893
There's also Vifam, which actually does use the initial original premise/concept Tomino wanted for Gundam.
>>
>>15052099
Kids stuck on a satellite in space being attacked by aliens?
>>
>>15052104
More or less, though said concept is "Two Years' Vacation, but in space", as kids fight off evil adults.
>>
>>15051989
I liked Layzner, though its early sections felt like a bit of a drag. L-Gaim was neat, though I only watched part of it. It seemed much more light-hearted, with bits that reminded me of Xabungle.

Valvrave's a train wreck, but it can be entertaining if you expect it to be bad. I enjoyed the first season and a half or so, despite its many major flaws, but eventually it broke through the amusing idiocy barrier and was just kind of bad. I do like the semi-industrial "keep bolting more shit to it" aesthetic of the antagonists' mechanical design.
>>
>>15051670
G, Wing and X. Then you watch Turn A (which is not AU) and you'll have watched every gundam made until 2000.
>>
>>15051835
>Only watch GBF after seeing all of UC and every AU up until Seed-00

That's a horrible suggestion, the only thing you gain is understanding all the easter eggs. GBF is one of the most accessible and easy to watch shows in the series. If you really feel bad about missing all the minute references and visual gags then just rewatch it later but as a self contained series there are no prerequisites for understanding or enjoyment.
>>
>>15051670
G, BF and 00.
>>
>>15051989
Infinite Ryvius is pretty cool, and sets up its mecha in a very interesting way.
Though there is a very vehement shitposter who will tell you to avoid it.
>>
>>15052293
if by cool you mean worst anime of all time then sure
>>
>>15052293
you mean will save him from hours of agonizing torture at the hands of evil
>>
>>15051670
Seed, Destiny, and 00 are the best ways to go, ignore IBO and Age.
>>
>>15052293
Is it Ryvius or Stratos that gets called Infinite Shit?
>>
>>15052716
Stratos, it's a battle highschool harem show with mecha
>>
>>15051670
Turn A isn't au, neither is g recon
>>
>>15051670
X is pretty good, 00 is alright, G is great
>>
G, IBO, and BF

My logic is those three reimagine things the most
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.