[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dariusburst

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (152KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
152KB, 1920x1080px
Just got it on sale for 20 dollars. It's fantastic. So far it's my #2 STG of all time (#1 being Gradius V). It absolutely is worth the money spent. I was a bit hesitant because even after the discount it was a bit pricy. But it has tons and tons of content.

https://youtu.be/B4jD6AILz3U
>>
>>15050102

Oh, and because it's a PSP game originally it will run on anything. My discount laptop can run it full speed.
>>
File: dariusg.jpg (115KB, 1019x729px) Image search: [Google]
dariusg.jpg
115KB, 1019x729px
>>15050102

Chronicle Saviours is a great entry point to this series. It is a shame about that overly high price tag though.

Have you tried emulating the other Darius games yet? All of them are great, and offer surprisingly unique experiences for each iteration with superb, surrealish atmosphere being the one thing shared in common. I adore this series to no end.
>>
>>15051616

The only other Darius game I played wasDarius Twin, which I had rented as a kid.
>>
>>15051616
>It is a shame about that overly high price tag though.

Hense why the 55% off sale is rpetty decent. 24 dollars is a nice starting price for the game.
>>
>>15050102
>>15051616
They really needed to market the game better because the price is great for the shitload of content you get with it.
>>
>>15051859
What do you mean by content? When I saw the game featured on Giant Bomb, it seemed like there was only a handful of levels to play through.
>>
>>15052020

People have sunk 100+ hours into this thing.
>>
>>15052020
>a full 32:10 arcade game with online functions
-with a stage mode spanning 3000 stages to clear between all the players of a cabinet.
>a 200 stage story mode, fearuring every silverhawk ship from every darius game.
>over 1000 dlc stages
>dlc packs including ships from different shmup franchises from cave, namco and sega.

A lot of these stages can be considered padding, yeah, but the game is quite loaded.
>>
>>15052513
Ok, remove namco. My mistake.

Its cave, taitos other shmups and sega.
>>
File: DSC_8002S.jpg (59KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_8002S.jpg
59KB, 640x425px
>>15052800

Irem DLC when?

And man, depending on how much DLC this game gets in the future it may end up surpassing R-Type Final as the ultimate digital spaceship museum.
>>
>>15052020
There's two extra modes with literally hundreds of levels to play through. Even without them the arcade mode still has a ton to offer when you consider how drastically different each ship plays from one another and this isn't factoring in all the DLC.
>>
wow
>>
File: 1332095625595.png (297KB, 768x720px) Image search: [Google]
1332095625595.png
297KB, 768x720px
>mfw I just recently discovered a shopping mall near where I live has Another Chronicle EX in its mini arcade center

I have yet to play it but holy moly am I ever hyped to get to feel the multi-HD screen Darius experience. It'll be totally worth the boxing day chaos.
>>
Before learning how to (properly) use burst: "Wow, even the top path isn't a joke. I can't imagine how they expect me to dodge everything the game throws at me on the harder routes."

After learning how to burst: "So basically, I am god damn invincible."

Burst is a good mechanic, yall.
>>
>>15056750
Burst is good when you realize most bosses give you fodder to charge it up for free, a good example would be Big Fossil's scales, those things can fill up your burst almost completely.
>>
>>15056863
I'm talking more than just big burst.

The little, detachable burst is super great.
>>
>>15050102
hai dariusburst shills

is the soundtrack fixed or is there a selection to choose from, was thinking about buying but the music is a real turn off for me
>>
>>15056909
what the absolute fuck
>>
>>15051691
Heck yeah Darius Twin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLpYoK50dmo
>>
>>15056909
Fuck off /v/ I know it's a mystical concept to you but someone can actually speak positively about a game and not be a marketer.
>>
>>15050105
I doubt there's even a shred of the original PSP code in there. Maybe the iOS port is built off that, but Chronicle Saviours is probably derived from Another Chronicle, and arcade cabinets these days are really just pc rigs as opposed to collections of custom made PCB, so getting it to run on a toaster is kinda inconsequential when it's coming off of a toaster as is.

>tfw the original DB has been retroactively rendered a paid demo

I mean, it's still a fun game, but it's really not worth buying in the world where DBAC/DBCS exists.

Of course, when's the last time you ever -bought- a PSP game?
>>
>>15060169
>Of course, when's the last time you ever -bought- a PSP game?

I bought only one PSP game and that was Dracula X Chronicles back in 2009.
>>
>>15058935
>>15059501
wtf is wrong with you uppity faggots

I just wanted to know if there's more to the bgm than the clips let on
>>
>>15062028
>wtf is wrong with you uppity faggots

>I just wanted to know if there's more to the bgm than the clips let on
No, the music is legitimately that gorgeous throughout the game.
>>
>>15062028
>I just wanted to know if there's more to the bgm than the clips let on
Some of the gameplay modes cut the soundfiles short, because the music was tracked to be exactly as long as the original arcade levels. It's a little unfortunate, sadly.
>>
>>15050102
>So far it's my #2 STG of all time
>#1 being Gradius V

I want to believe you're not a marketer, OP, but you're really not helping your case here.
>>
>>15052826
Wasn't it one of the things they were talking about at the same time they first mentioned the possibility of Cave DLC?
>>
File: HURR.png (50KB, 345x400px) Image search: [Google]
HURR.png
50KB, 345x400px
>>15064368
>marketer
>on one of the smallest boards, much less at all

I want to believe you're not retarded, but you're really not helping your case here.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.