[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /m/ think about The Big O?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Big_O_-_Armor.jpg (128KB, 635x478px) Image search: [Google]
Big_O_-_Armor.jpg
128KB, 635x478px
What does /m/ think about The Big O?
>>
>>15046533
It's a Big O

Omae ga da
>>
>>15046533
The design itself is 10/10. I fucking love the pile bunker arms and the head is cool.
Show itself is a mixed bag. It's better when it's just episodic mystery stories rather than focusing on the core plotline and it can get really muddy in the final arc in particular. But it's charming enough to stay at least decent.
>>
>>15046546
Big O
>>
>>15046580
Its showtime!
>>
It’s my second-favourite mecha show and its fatalistic themes make it my standard reference when I want to show some normie who likes ‘Eva’ what an ACTUAL philosophical mecha anime.
>>
>>15046533
Its not guilty
>>
File: big o season 2.jpg (1000KB, 1284x2896px) Image search: [Google]
big o season 2.jpg
1000KB, 1284x2896px
>>15046571

there's a very good reason for that

but I agree. though overall I liked the show a lot
>>
>>15047074
Its kindve a double edged sword. America gave the show the second season it deserved, but forced an ending that wasnt needed
>>
>>15047087

eh, if nothing else it resolved the cliffhanger so Im grateful for that even if the ending was fucknanners
>>
One of my favorites, along with Giant Robo and Getter Robo:Armageddon
>>
>>15047037
Neither of them are "philosophical" you underage retard.
>>
>>15047187
Well, Big O is kind of philosophical, as it questions what it means to be human. In the second season anyways
>>
>>15047202

No. Not really. The director just thinks Asimov is neat.
>>
>>15047187

I was a philosophy major at an Ivy-tier university. If you think their musings were vapid, that’s fine—it’s even true in the case of ‘Evangelion’—but you don’t have to mainline some sort of metaphysical dialectic to qualify for the descriptor of ‘philosophical’.

>>15047202

It’s much less about that than about how man grapples with the notion of his destiny being (partly) preordained: rage against it like Schwarzwald, ignore it like Alan Gabriel, revel in it and expect everything to come to you like Rosewater, or do the best you can to live by your ideals using the tools destiny gives you, like Roger—though the parallels with the questions of robots’ humanity do draw deterministic questions somewhat into the fold.
>>
>>15046533
It had a terrible opening
>>
File: 1298432603299.jpg (1MB, 1491x1118px) Image search: [Google]
1298432603299.jpg
1MB, 1491x1118px
>>15047074
Honestly, I was okay with the ending. Confusing as all hell, but it wasn't the trainwreck that it had the potential to be.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.