[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam Franchise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: loadsagundams.jpg (241KB, 497x500px) Image search: [Google]
loadsagundams.jpg
241KB, 497x500px
Sup /m/, somewhat new to the genre here.
Having gained interest in the series after playing Super Robot Wars, I've watched Gundam Wing and Gundam 00 and I enjoyed both.
After deciding I was into the series (even if I'm still partial to Supers over Reals), I've taken upon myself to watch as many Gundam series as I can. I've since watched the original Gundam and am halfway through Zeta.
Are there any Gundams I shouldn't bother watching? I keep being told SEED Destiny and AGE are pretty bad, but haven't been given any real arguments as to why.
Is SEED just as bad as SEED Destiny?
Give me some insight here.
>>
File: 1447959929394.jpg (154KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1447959929394.jpg
154KB, 1440x1080px
No, watch everything.
Do it in production order.
Drop and move on to the next if you feel you're not enjoying it.

It's that simple. Everything else is wrong.
>>
>>15045417
That's another question, actually. Why should I watch in production and not chronological order (say, for Universal Century Gundam)?
>>
>>15045450
Because the answer is ALWAYS production order you fuck
Tons of OVAs and shit assume you know what happens in shows made before them
>>
>>15045311
Watch in production order, and form your own opinion of the shows. Don't let anybody tell you what is and is not good, there is some general consensus but you shouldn't let that stop you.

>>15045450
Because the shows made afterward are fanwank that expect you to have watched the previous shows first. If you haven't watched 0083 first, you'll be confused as to who some of the characters are. It mostly doesn't matter since the OVAs are side stories, but the other side effect is that the quality of animation drops and zigzags if you jump from old show to new OVA back to old show.
>>
File: 1457803179639.png (308KB, 555x398px) Image search: [Google]
1457803179639.png
308KB, 555x398px
>>15045450
So you aren't as thrown off by the stylistic changes.
Going from 0079 straight to 0080/0083 is a huge leap.

Watching in chronological order is like watching the prequel trilogy of star wars before the original trilogy.

Also what those other two anons above me said.
>>
>>15045450
Chronological order is for normalfag retards who stream and don't know how to watch anime properly. If you're not one of them, don't watch in chronological order.
>>
File: authentic gundam chart.jpg (3MB, 2800x3402px) Image search: [Google]
authentic gundam chart.jpg
3MB, 2800x3402px
>>15045311
here is the gundam chart, posting it now before whiny IBOfags use an out dated version
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.