[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/M/ influences you suspect but cannot prove

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

this comic came out 1977, the same year Genndy Tartakovsky moved to the united states. I'm not saying he bought it, but I do believe he at least saw the cover at some point in his first few years of comic-reading, and the design aesthetic stayed with him and inspired Sym-Bionic Titan.
>>
Aren't they both just Roman helmets?
>>
>>15044038
vaguely, but the "fin" is much further up and more squared
>>
File: nah_.png (47KB, 270x200px) Image search: [Google]
nah_.png
47KB, 270x200px
>>15044034
>>15044049
It's a generic Hollywood Roman/Greek helmet design.
>>
>>15044034

seriously dude it's just a generic centurion hat

why is the Internet so obsessed with pointing out references. I remember reading on the soul calibur wiki that Taki's 2p design was like naruto because they both had metal plated headbands. Which are pretty generic as fuck among ninjas.
>>
>>15044034
It's also similar to the RX-78-2 helmet ridge. It's just a typical Roman/Greek helmet appropriated to a mech design. They all look the same.
>>
>>15044091
Yeah but you did you know that every whip sword ever is a reference to Ivy because she was the first one to ever fight with a whip sword?
>>
>>15044120
Actually the Gundam one is supposedly based on samurai top knots.
>>
>>15044127
>the Gundam one is supposedly based on samurai top knots.
what? how do they look even vaguely similar?
>>
>>15044136
>>
>>15044123

Well that's really my point. People look for connections to things they like without really doing proper research regarding them
>>
>>15044204
he was making a statement against you in an obviously ironic voice, his meaning supporting yours. you silly goose
>>
>>15044275
Ironically, you're the one who misread a post.
>>
>>15044283
howso?
>>
>>15044457
His comment doesn't imply that he thought >>15044123 wasn't supporting his view.
>>
>>15044038
Yes
>>
>>15044136
>>15044161
The funnier part is that the red 'beard' is actually the knot in the rope that holds a samurai helmet on. Because the designer gave it Daitarn 3-esque nose and mouth originally, and had a molding like a chinstrap, but was then told to ditch them, and so put a mouthplate over it. But the knot still stuck out the bottom.
>>
>>15046442
This
>>
>>15044034
Oh, stop it.
>>
File: 54454.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
54454.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
>>15044034
>>
>>15044204
At least we're past the days of
>drill [dril], noun: gurren lagann homage
Those were just a pain
>>
>>15044034
Hulk is not /m/
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.