[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, why do YOU like mecha?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

File: demonbane-HUGE_9947.jpg (177KB, 1132x867px) Image search: [Google]
demonbane-HUGE_9947.jpg
177KB, 1132x867px
So, why do YOU like mecha?
>>
>>15040072
I like how they combine the dynamic posing abilities of a human with the powerful and intricate motions of a machine. Looking at heavy machinery is cool, looking at people being athletic is cool, mecha combines both.
>>
>>15040079
>>>15040072 (OP)
>I like how they combine the dynamic posing abilities of a human with the powerful and intricate motions of a machine. Looking at heavy machinery is cool, looking at people being athletic is cool, mecha combines both.
Because is the future bruhhhh
>>
I like mecha stories, the mechas itself, I dont give a shit.
>>
File: 1459405725872.jpg (104KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
1459405725872.jpg
104KB, 500x371px
>>
Gundamumu :D
>>
>>15040086
Pretty much this. Grew up with robots punching things and thought it was cool then. Still do now.
>>
>>15040079
fpbp
>>
>>15040086
This sums it up, really. Robots punching everything from monsters to other giant robots is cool as fuck, and that will never change for me.
>>
I like looking at the designs, and how they include form and function(sort of), kind of like architecture.
>>
File: Kuroi Ken.jpg (154KB, 625x800px) Image search: [Google]
Kuroi Ken.jpg
154KB, 625x800px
>>15040072
For the same reason people like superheroes. They're a fantastical power fantasy

Only, there's more you can do with a standard mecha than you can with a standard superhero, for several reasons
>The distinction between the mecha and the mecha operator creating several occasions where the protagonist is without his "superpowers," as it were
>Following from that, mecha can display varying levels of sentience, sometimes giving the "superpowers" a mind of their own
>Mecha are capable of taking different physical configurations through kinetic transformation
>Mecha can combine with other mecha
>Mecha can have different configurable attachments and equipment that range from new guns and wing packs to replacing the entire main chassis
>Mecha create a larger scale conflict almost by definition
Of course, there are superheroes to which some of these apply to, but they are few and far between

Really though, the biggest reason to like mecha is because they make great action figures. Toy joints look right at home on a robot
>>
>>15040072

Chicks dig giant robots.

Serious answer though, I love a lot of the designs and the action scenes that result from those designs in motion.More than anything, I love the visual spectacle of the genre.
>>
I always belived it stems from a power fantasy.

I mean who doesn't want to pilot the super duper awesome gundam?
>>
File: 1476481376649.jpg (54KB, 500x403px) Image search: [Google]
1476481376649.jpg
54KB, 500x403px
I dunno I've always thought the idea of robots used for combat was cool then when I discovered stuff like gundam, macross, votoms etc I came buckets and never looked back.
>>
>>15040072
realistic
>>
>>15046211
Yeah NO
>>
>>15040072
Because there's no other anime genre which would try to pick up some political themes.
Yeah, they fail at it for the most of the time.
>>
I don't know to be honest. Even as I kid I always had bootleg transformers or gundam toys (my favorite was a bootleg VF-19 and searched for any show with robots I could find on foreign TV channels. I guess I was always this way.
>>
>>15040175
As an addition to your first point, the difference between operator and mecha means that the mecha can suffer crippling damage for dramatic effect while leaving the character alive - getting its limbs or head shot off, or being outright scrapped leaving the pilot to climb from the wreckage.

Case in point, when Amuro has to abandon the Gundam and leaves it lying in the ruin of A Baoa Qu while the whole thing explodes is both poignant and poetic.

It also means suits can be upgraded and changed out to reflect character growth, or the character can react to it being stolen or damaged and show the bond between them.
>>
File: Final Shooting.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Final Shooting.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
>>15048114
Whoops, forgot my pic - but I also realised I didn't mention that a suit can be piloted autonomously or by another pilot, which can be used as a plot point or for dramatic effect.
>>
>>15040072
They're cool.
>>
>>15040175
>sometimes giving the "superpowers" a mind of their own
This is my jam
>>
>>15048116
I mistook the thumbnail as a gyro.

>>15040072
I like mechanical humanoid/non-humanoid performing intricate actions.
>>
High quality stock footage of combinations and finishers.
>>
>>15048130
I'm still mad this only happened once.
>>
>>15040072
Does culture interest you?
>>
File: image.jpg (130KB, 753x737px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130KB, 753x737px
>>15040072
Realistic
>>
>>15040072
Giant robots lend themselves really well to tragic and/or beautiful stories

And fuck, they're just darn cool
>>
>>15040072
giant cock
>>
>>15040072
I have no idea

I hate guns and military shit in real life but I like the idea of giant robots with giant guns blowing each other up

I also like how they use cool melee weapons more often in anime compared to hollywood kung fu gun bullshit
>>
>>15040086
This.

I just think giant robots are cool.
>>
It's cool to see something that could never exist in our world kicking ass.
>>
File: British_Mark_IV_Tadpole_tank.jpg (18KB, 348x180px) Image search: [Google]
British_Mark_IV_Tadpole_tank.jpg
18KB, 348x180px
>>15040072
I just love everything mechanical, don't care if its 'realistixxxx' or not, it doesn't matter anyway, as long as its represented well.

>>15050828
>mecha
>never exist

Dude, they already exist for like, a couple centuries or so.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.