[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Japan BTFO!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 13

File: korean mecha.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
korean mecha.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re6P7WP2N5w

Seems Japan lost the bipedal giant robot race.

What happened here? How come Japan wasn't the first to make it?
>>
That jaunty Irish jig
>>
>>15039940
wtf I love Korea now.
Japan might have lost this race, but I reckon they'll be the first to have moving robots more than 15 meters tall
>tfw the giant robot race turns into the next space race
PLEASE GOD. GET JAPAN AND KOREA INTO A DICKWAVING CONTEST.
>>
>>15039940
When is this going to battle the megabot and kuratas?
>>
>>15040801
>When is this going to tip the megabot over and battle kuratas?

FTFY
>>
>>15039940

We Avatar now
>>
>>15039940
seems useless, what are they going to use it for? There's no point to it when normal machinery can do the work this thing does.
>>
>>15041206
Do you know where you are?
>>
>>15041206
I mean I like it, it's a mech. But in the real world mechs are pointless and useless
>>
>>15041210
Humanoid robots are cool but they're fiction anon. They're not useful in the real world.
>>
Meanwhile whenever the fuck ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlRPICfnmhw
>>
>>15041216
Monster trucks aren't useful either.
What is your point, besides being autistic?
>>
>>15041224
>Monster trucks aren't useful either.

Big fucking tires that can cross harsh terrain are super useful, as are advancements and improvements to motors.

Moron.
>>
>>15039940
got any shots of it walking without those cranes holding it up?
i didn't think so.
>>
>>15041248
There is one where the bets are slacked, just as a safety line.
>>
>>15041206
Bipedal tanks that can launch traceless nukes.
>>
>>15041285

Why is the bipedal part of that sentence necessary or desirable?
>>
>>15041295
In case you need to step on a cyber ninja super soldier.
>>
>>15041307

> not just rolling over them

Commie!
>>
>>15041317
>Impliying you can even pull it
>Agains 100km/h sidestepping nanocharged cyborg ninja

At least you've tried /k/
>>
>>15041380

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BTp2UAaihaI

An omnicrawler or mecanum treaded tank would be perfectly capable of rolling sideways as needed and squash one of those fuckers flat.
>>
>>15041206
>>15041214
>>15041216
Hurr durr why use guns when bows and arrows were perfectly good for killing?
>>
>>15041389
I want one.
>>
>>15041394

Hurr durr why use guns and bullets when I can imagine supersonic farts with no recoil? It'll be totally possible and that completely equivocal to saying it'll be totally practical and useful.
>>
File: 9d5e98dfacc0.jpg (55KB, 800x552px) Image search: [Google]
9d5e98dfacc0.jpg
55KB, 800x552px
>>15041401
>>
>>15041402

My imaginary weapon of limitless possibilities trumps your gun and your authority.
>>
>>15041407
You're not quite smart, are you?
>>
>>15041414

Ironic coming from someone arguing that just because technology can innovate means all technology will innovate.
>>
>>15041417
Fortunately, unlike you, humanity is smart enough to find use in everything.
>>
>>15041425

No, it isn't. Not only are there plenty of inventions with no real use every year, there are plenty with actual use that just don't get used because the tried method is more cost effective in the short term or just has greater market recognition. The mecanum wheel up a few posts was invented 40+ years ago. Most people have still never heard of it, because travelling forward or backwards on rubber is cheaper, at least right now, and good enough that no-one besides a few engineers is really looking for something more. I could invent a supersonic fart. Just because I invented it doesn't make it useful.
>>
>>15041432
>mecanum wheel
>The US Navy bought the patent from Ilon and put researchers to work on it in the 1980s in Panama City. The US Navy has used it for transporting items around ships. In 1997, Airtrax Incorporated and several other companies each paid the US Navy $2,500 for rights to the technology, including old drawings of how the motors and controllers worked, to build an omnidirectional forklift truck that could maneuver in tight spaces such as the deck of an aircraft carrier. These vehicles are now in production.

You were saying?
>>
>>15041464
Jeeze, ignore her anon, she just can't handle reality that peoples get shit done instead ranting about suspension of disbelief in Congo's exotic used cars board and bipedal robots are actually happening.

Just let her stay in her cave.
>>
>>15041389
Holy shit, Japs did it again

Combine this with a spider tank and i'll go vrommvrommvromm with my tachikomas all day erry day.
>>
>>15041401
Are you saying that if we found a way to make lethal supersonic farts (with no recoil) that it wouldn't have any impact on any other technology - ever?

Because if your point is that "mecha can't exist because it doesn't exist because it can't exist" then that's just circular logic. If the motors in monster trucks can innovate, why wouldn't the motors in mecha? Or stabilizers? Hydraulics? AI? Whatever else? Why wouldn't any of that innovate even if the mecha itself is totally useless?
>>
>>15041394
>Hurr durr why use guns when bows and arrows were perfectly good for killing?

Because humanoid mechas are useless and inferior for those tasks? what you're saying makes no sense you fucking retard
>>
>>15041206
because it looks cool
>>
>>15040749
>>tfw the giant robot race turns into the next space race
>PLEASE GOD. GET JAPAN AND KOREA INTO A DICKWAVING CONTEST.
>>15040801
>When is this going to battle the megabot and kuratas?
Yeah, can't we get on this action as well?

>>15041248
>got any shots of it walking without those cranes holding it up?
>>15041253
>There is one where the bets are slacked, just as a safety line.
Yeah, right in the middle of the video, now they just need to do it with a guy in there.
>>
>>15042485

>Because humanoid mechas are useless and inferior for those tasks? what you're saying makes no sense you fucking retard
>I have no argument outside of suspension of disbelief, so i just call you retarded.

Next you say that human was inferior and bear and tread was a pinacle of design.

Jeeze, whatever man, your circular logic can't stop people in getting shit done, mades bipeds a thing and people will make use of bipeds war machine anytime soon whatever form and roles its in, deal with it.
>>
File: aTqU5Pu.png (139KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
aTqU5Pu.png
139KB, 1000x1000px
>>15042643
>bear and tread
>>
File: 1440006383417.jpg (74KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1440006383417.jpg
74KB, 2000x1333px
>>15042643
>and people will make use of bipeds war machine
>>
>hurr you don't need bipedal robot it's useless when you have tanks who needs a giant robot don't bother with that shit
I don't know if any of you cucks are from /k/ but the hypocrisy is real. If people don't NEED something, they can still have it.

How about this, you don't need 30 round magazines for your baby killer assault rifle AK-15, it's useless, you can't fight the goverment drones and tanks, don't bother with your scary black rifle just use a double barrel shotgun loaded with birdshot.

That's how retarded you sound.
>>
>>15042688
Yeah, step it up spurdo, your /k/uks are showing
>>
>>15042750
Nice strawman and false equivalence, but that doesn't explain why giant robots are needed.
>>
>>15042766
>If people don't NEED something, they can still have it.
>>
>>15042786
oh sure if you actually read what was written instead of REEEEEing at getting triggered over cheap bait for gun nuts, but a guy's got priorities
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (42KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
42KB, 480x360px
Tanks, helicopters and jets are going to be BTFO by the inevitable future of warfare, the BATTLE SEGWAY
>>
>>15042750
>you can't fight the goverment drones and tanks
Sure you can. Not with the AK-47, but you can fight them. Assault Rifles are for shooting people, to defeat tanks you need to learn chemistry and physics.

PROTIP:
The neck of a glass coca-cola bottle is a parabolic cone. They're made this way so they can be stacked really high in warehouses without cracking, but there are...other uses for the fact that they're molded in a shape that directs all force straight towards the bottom of the bottle.
>>
>>15042840
That wasn't the point, the post was mocking the YOU DON'T NEED IT SO YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE IT mentality, the statement was supposed to sound ignorant and annoying.
>>
>>15042787
>cheap bait for gun nuts
>unironically using the term gun nuts
So you aren't even from /k/, just some pretentious hippy who thinks they know what's best.
>>
>>15039940

It's unable to keep balanced. Look at how much it sways and wobbles with walking. It needs cables to stay up. Also it doesn't seem to be able to walk very fast.
>>
>>15042899
It's brand new, cut it some slack, even shit smaller than it needs help, the fact that it works as well as it does is impressive man.

I'm not gonna say this is the future, or we're going to be having scopedogs within a few years or someshit, but it's still cool.
>>
>>15041464

I was saying that not everything that's invented is useful, but perhaps I should say that one bad example doesn't disprove a point (though I'm personally delighted to see it seeing use since they're cool as hell). Tell me, how much use has the military made of jetpacks? They've had those since the 50s. How about flying cars? Those have been around since the 70s, even if only by strapping a set of detachable wings to a car for the prototypes. How much use do they make of monowheels? Those are more than a century old. How many flying aircraft carriers do we have? How many ball tanks? How much use is made of screw tanks?

What about materials? How much use has pykrete seen in reality? How about smaller weapons, like LED incapacitators?

And if you want, you could also look to inventions with clear advantages that just haven't seen much use. Like maglev technology. There's half a dozen active maglev trains in the world, despite having numerous advantages compared to traditional trains. And the most probable reason is simply because the upfront cost is higher, even if the maintenance cost is lower.

A lot of those inventions are good only for entertainment. Which is quite probably all that a giant robot will be good for. Giant being an operative word there.

>>15041621

I've no idea how you came to the conclusion that saying "just because you can invent something doesn't automatically make it useful or good" is equivalent to saying "it's impossible to invent something that doesn't exist" or "it's impossible to find use for individual components or advances in an overall technology". To clarify though, no, I wasn't saying that it can't be invented, since it quite clearly can - only that inventing it doesn't automatically make it useful. And while you can obviously find innovations in the components, that doesn't mean the actual invention itself is useful.
>>
File: 2807466_orig.png (507KB, 1037x787px) Image search: [Google]
2807466_orig.png
507KB, 1037x787px
>>15041206
seems useless, what are they going to use it for? There's no point to it when normal animals can do the work this thing does.
>>
File: this is you.jpg (666KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
this is you.jpg
666KB, 1280x1024px
>>15042485
>>15041401
>>15042926
>>15041206
>>15041214
>circular logic: the post

Remember when moot said /m/ was one of the best boards? Oh how things have changed.
>>
>>15042941

The thing is, mechanical animals/bots have fairly clear advantages if you can make them good enough in that they could work harder, last longer, are easier to control and less likely to cause problems. And being able to offload some of the weight burden that's becoming an issue for soldiers using something smaller than a car but more controllable than a horse has advantages too. Replacing one mechanical vehicle with another has less obvious advantages. So just going acting like someone is denying the future by questioning it's use is fairly simplistic.
>>
>>15042948

There's nothing circular about those posts actually, unless you're just wildly misunderstanding the meaning of the word. Questioning the usefulness of something is not circular logic.
>>
As we learnt from the last thread "Gundam is gonna be real" guy is just shitposting and "pretending" to be retarded
>>
>>15039940
Needs waist articulation to help the hips not sway side to side as much when walking.
>>
That's not bipedal locomotion: that's bipositation.

Basically, true bipedal walking means your upper half knocks you off balance and then to move forwards, all you have to propel is your lower half and as a result you're more stable and you spend less energy.

In running stances, you actually achieve this motion through rotary stabilization: by being off balance and then correcting that off balance posture so it is stabilized as a constant through time just like how fly by wire works with planes.

This robot unfortunately lacks proper bipedal motion and lacks a spine to channel stepping force or perform hip stabilization on all three axis properly so its motions are exaggerated which make it unstable to begin with.

tl;dr: It will always walk like its shit itself. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsIz8xn3srI

It will never ever run because by definition its technically not actually walking. They just lift and drop themselves in rhythm and can't work outside of that rhythm.
>>
>>15042993

I agree, this will also increase the sex appeal of the walk cycle by several hundred percent.
>>
>>15042926
>I was saying that not everything that's invented is useful, but perhaps I should say that one bad example doesn't disprove a point (though I'm personally delighted to see it seeing use since they're cool as hell). Tell me, how much use has the military made of jetpacks? They've had those since the 50s. How about flying cars? Those have been around since the 70s, even if only by strapping a set of detachable wings to a car for the prototypes. How much use do they make of monowheels? Those are more than a century old. How many flying aircraft carriers do we have? How many ball tanks? How much use is made of screw tanks?

The thing with prototypes, that you mentioned, is that they are meant to test if a concept can be applied into the wider use. If they pass that stage then, after all of it's inner workings and prototype stage flaws are corrected and the design itself improved, it's ready to be sold and used. It takes different amounts of time to properly develop some stuff.

>What about materials? How much use has pykrete seen in reality? How about smaller weapons, like LED incapacitators?

And if you want, you could also look to inventions with clear advantages that just haven't seen much use. Like maglev technology. There's half a dozen active maglev trains in the world, despite having numerous advantages compared to traditional trains. And the most probable reason is simply because the upfront cost is higher, even if the maintenance cost is lower.

A lot of those inventions are good only for entertainment. Which is quite probably all that a giant robot will be good for. Giant being an operative word there.

With different times come different needs. Some materials and tech developed nowadays might not be useful at this very moment, but as times change new solutions will be required to make the world going. At that time past inventions might find their use in the future.
>>
>>15043030

> It takes different amounts of time to properly develop some stuff.

A lot of that stuff has been completely dropped. It's not just that they're not yet out of the prototype stage, it's that they've stopped trying to do even prototypes because they proved completely worthless. Not to mention that most of those aren't even prototypes and became more than prototypes long ago, like jetpacks, screw tanks and monowheel.

> With different times comes different needs

This is true. That doesn't mean that everything that doesn't have use now will have use in the future. A lot of it just gets forgotten and will never have use. A lot of the time those different needs mean technology means even further beyond those inventions. Like hot air balloons will never have military application again in a world with jets, helicopters etc.
>>
https://youtu.be/tJVYtrRuX84

A company called Hajime Robot developed something similar fairly recently. It isnt as sleek, but at least they have footage of it walking with a person inside it, virtually unassisted.
>>
>>15043030
The next important factor of a passing time, when it comes to technology, is that older machines(cars using gas for example) are slowly, but surely, being exchanged for newer ones(electric cars). With time older tech and materials that might still be useful, will become obsolete. At first it's not that cost effective, but materials improve over time so that will have no meaning in not too distant future.
>>
>>15043063

This still isn't addressing that there have been working models, not prototypes, working, cost effective models of concepts like jetpacks, monowheels and screw tanks with decades and that they're simply not very useful. It's not that they're simply prototypes, or too expensive or materially insufficient in some way - they're just not useful. The jetpack might see use in the future when paired with better engines or fuels to improve jump time and distance, but the monowheel, the ball tank, the screw tank, pykrete and other stuff never will because they're just not that useful compared to existing stuff. They're cool. They're even fun for entertainment purposes in some cases (the monowheel for example), but they never found a niche, couldn't compete with contemporary technology and have been left behind. And they're never not going to be left behind because the problem isn't technology, it's lack of use.
>>
>>15043078
Jetpacks as such will never see widespread use for the simple reason that very few people can be trusted to fly such a thing without killing themselves or others. The idea basically boils down to "Fly with as little plane as physically possible" which is completely anathema to any notion of safety.

I think the closest we might come to that is more or less strapping a person to a flying robot, with only some of the control resting in the hands of the person, the bulk of it, if not all of it, handled by the robot.
>>
>>15042926
>I've no idea how you came to the conclusion that saying "just because you can invent something doesn't automatically make it useful or good" is equivalent to saying "it's impossible to invent something that doesn't exist" or "it's impossible to find use for individual components or advances in an overall technology". To clarify though, no, I wasn't saying that it can't be invented, since it quite clearly can - only that inventing it doesn't automatically make it useful. And while you can obviously find innovations in the components, that doesn't mean the actual invention itself is useful.

The author of said invention wouldn't make it if he thought that it wouldn't be useful. If there's a better stuff used to do a certain task or if the task that the author made his invention for is really restricted and won't find any wider use then that's the fault of the invention. Remember, usefulness can be found in anything, even though it might not find a wider use.
Captain Obvious here to save the day
>>
>>15043102

Not entirely true, since some people invent using blue sky thinking, that inventing is often it's own cause and reward and there's no explicit niche or use needed. They might imagine a possible use during the course of events, but the use isn't needed to justify the process. And just because they imagine a use for the invention, doesn't mean it'll particularly excel at that use, either on it's own or in comparison to other methods.
>>
>>15043095
So you're saying that just because something might be dangerous or used in a harmful way it won't be used? Good luck with flying on a plane, wielding a gun or driving all of the various vehicles available to us.
>>
>>15043122
Exactly what I meant to say.
>>
>>15042485
Disaster rescue and recovery
>>
>>15043127

The difference is of course that a plane is useful and expensive enough that it's worthwhile to have an entire class of workers whose entire job is to operate a single aircraft.

Planes, guns, and cars are around and in the latter two cases, available to any idiot, because they are not only fairly safe when used competently, they also do something useful enough to warrant their existence.

What is a jetpack for, that couldn't be done cheaper and safer through other means? What warrants carrying one around all the time that you aren't flying? What warrants the years of training it takes to be able to fly with (founded) confidence?

I understand the appeal is the achievement of man's ancient dream of gaining the absolute freedom of flying, alone and unencumbered, like a bird. But I bet the second some idiot runs out of fuel and crashes through someone's roof, you'll be swamped in so many lawyers that you'd never be free of 'em even at your maximum theoretical service ceiling.
>>
>>15042880
>the post was mocking the YOU DON'T NEED IT SO YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE IT mentality
Blowing money on delicate and useless robots is not the same as buying guns in anticipation of catastrophe.
>>
>>15039940
They already won the bipedal race years ago >>15041219. You think Honda wouldn't of done it if they wanted to? They didn't because it's a waste of time and resource on something purely impractical.
>>
I feel sorry for the guy riding inside of that thing, with the way it shifts weight to keep balance. Back and forth, back and forth, ride in that thing any faster and you'd puke your guts out.
>>
Look.

We didn't NEED to go to the moon, but we did because it was fucking cool.

We don't NEED giant mechs, but they are fucking cool so why not?
>>
>>15043386
Going to the moon has actual strategic value.
>>
>>15039940
>3DPD
>>
>>15041219

Meanwhile way the fuck back in 2005, toyota deployed the first true bipedal mecha

Behold, a weapon to surpass Metal Gear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU31RQUB9RA
>>
>HURRRR IT'S UNREALISTIC AND IMPRACTICAL IT'S A WASTE OF TIME I HATE JOY AND HAPPINESS SOOOO MUCH

I can't wait for the day when super robots are real and your faggot tanks get rocket punched to smithereens.
>>
>>15043434
>I ONLY WATCH REAL ROBOTS BECAUSE IT'S THE FUTURE OF WARFARE AND LEGITIMATE HARD SCIFI AND MY DREAM SHOW IS EDGY TACTICAL MERCENARIES DOING EDGY TACTICAL WAR THINGS UNLIKE ALL THAT GAY SUPER ROBOT SHIT
>>
>Japan
>we need robots to help take care of our elderly

>USA
>we need robots to help conduct scientific research on another planet

>Korea
>DUDE ANIME LOL
>>
File: 1460830490110.jpg (237KB, 598x792px) Image search: [Google]
1460830490110.jpg
237KB, 598x792px
>>15043434
>>15043484
>HURR DURR REDUCTIONIST CAPSLOCK
>>
>>15041389
Neat.

Looks like hell to maintain/repair though.
Also that suction tube.
>>
>>15041389
>gripper that can pick up soft objects without deforming them
So basically a robot vagina?
>>
>>15042926
So because something hasn't been mass produced we should just stop innovating. Sounds legit. You sound like one of those post Great War cavalry officers sayings tanks would be shit and that horses were still the way to go.
>>
>>15041389
"omni crawlers" already exist. They're shit compared to regular tire or track vehicles.
>>
File: Do_not_fist.png (75KB, 434x432px) Image search: [Google]
Do_not_fist.png
75KB, 434x432px
>>15043571
Exactly like that, yes.

Pic hopefully unrelated
>>
>>15043527
Well of course, there's no spare parts yet. Different shit if its already massproduced and the know-how already widespread.

Its like saying tanks are hard shit that only broke my hands in 1914.
>>
>>15039940
>BTFO
Not really. It looks fairly clumsy compared to the Asimo. They may have rushed ahead of Japan in creating a piloted biped, but between the Asimo and the Kuratas it's more like Korea's playing catch-up. Also 13 feet isn't exactly "giant robot" scale. First piloted walking biped still deserves credit, of course, but a Scopedog sized Robotjox is a long way from being a Gundam (fingers crossed for 2020 olympics...)
>>
File: toyota ifoot.jpg (42KB, 336x500px) Image search: [Google]
toyota ifoot.jpg
42KB, 336x500px
>>15043680
>First piloted walking biped still deserves credit, of course

Heard you talkin' shit like I wouldn't find out
>>
>>15043581

You sound like you take whatever meaning you want from things given that's nowhere even close to what I said or meant.
>>
>>15043485
Trump is making anime real (with the help of worst korea)
>>
>>15039940
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyus_%28spacecraft%29

1MW beam cannon? Funnels?

Lockheed's compact fusion reactor in 15 years
>>
>>15043236
>What is a jetpack for, that couldn't be done cheaper and safer through other means? What warrants carrying one around all the time that you aren't flying? What warrants the years of training it takes to be able to fly with (founded) confidence?

Jetpacks can find their use in military operations for example, if they are quiet enough, which will eventually happen. Why would you need to carry one with yourself? Use it to fly to work leave it at a parking lot and after you are done with your work go back for it and fly home. Something like that. Why do you say it would take years to train to be able to fly with it? It's not rocket science or flying a jet.I believe you have seen those ''jetpacks'' attached to a jet ski propelled by pressurized water? At first it might be difficult to catch your balance, but after a few tries you get what's what and where and you can fly.

>I understand the appeal is the achievement of man's ancient dream of gaining the absolute freedom of flying, alone and unencumbered, like a bird. But I bet the second some idiot runs out of fuel and crashes through someone's roof, you'll be swamped in so many lawyers that you'd never be free of 'em even at your maximum theoretical service ceiling.

Freedom of flight is one of the main reasons for developing jetpacks. As for the idiots using them. Usage of jetpacks, if/when they become common will be controlled by law an I imagine that there will be flight paths set and sophisticated controls to prevent any kind of accidents.
>>
>>15043680
While developing ''giant'' robots is possible something as big as a gundam would be truly useless. Mechs from 5 to 10 meters tall are a completely different thing although the former ones would be more useful in my opinion.
>>
>>15044157
We'll need neurohelmets and myomer motors.
>>
This thing wat designed in part by Vitaly Bulgarov, a true /m/an

http://www.bulgarov.com/index.html

> grew up in a poor eastern europe contry
> started doing some shitty 3D work
> saw some Blizzard cutscenes and thought "holy shit I need this"
> leveled up his skills by sheer force of will to a point where he got to work for Blizzard
> was invited to help design REAL FUCKING ROBOTS

why are you waiting for life bros? Go out and do what you want to do
>>
File: 000026aa_big.jpg (279KB, 766x1000px) Image search: [Google]
000026aa_big.jpg
279KB, 766x1000px
>>15040801
>Megabot and Kurata Battle
>SUDDENLY MYSTERY BOT DROPS IN, boobs Megabot on the head with its fist, thus winning because Megabot can't into arms or hands AND CHALLENGES KURATA TO AN ACTUAL FIST FIGHT
>>
File: WhiskeyTip.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
WhiskeyTip.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>15044739
Cheers to this guy. He is one of the truest /m/en I have heard about. Let his work be blessed with success.
>>
>>15044740
They are working on MB's hands here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdHfv7xa758
>>
>>15043745
That is still more practical than the Kuratas or METHOD-1.
>>
>>15044715
You've basically got a 4x4 or at most a light tank with little armour, no room for crew, weapons or cargo, that's vertical and thus taller, that's putting more ground pressure down and will have a harder time moving through terrain than conventional vehicles.
>>
>>15044715
Doesn't it need to be bigger to carry extra fuel or support for the large reactor?
>>15044725
Darpa has tech for wirelessly controlling a single arm
Can't this be made to control multiple flying objects through quantum communication?

Northrop Grunman is making 100KW beam bending lasers by 2019 for Air superiority fighters
>>
>>15041206
Mostly, it's more adaptable and flexible than a backhoe and requires a lot less training to use.

You might not be able to dig as fast as an excavator or shove dirt around like a buldozer but you can do both while standing in 5 feet of water and maneuvering around 3 foot thick trees. Since the controls are basically motion capture (waldos actually but nobody uses that term anymore) you just have to get used to the size rather than memorizing a half dozen levers.
>>
>>15039940
Is it just me or is this basically the AMP suit?
>>
>>15044962
With more expensive and less efficient.
>>
>>15044974
If you're talking about that shit from avatar, yes.

Shit needs some light, really beefy rotaries to power it and really fucking fast hydraulics or pneumatics, and new legs/lower torso.

They've almost fucking got this shit though. Next they should work on ground mapping.
>>
>>15039940

All it can do is slowly shuffle across the floor I have $1 wind up toys that do that lol
>>
>>15045020
Arguably less expensive depending on power requirements. The frame seems much lighter than a bulldozer. Nobody has put a price tag on METHOD-1 yet.
>>
>>15045035
Silly anon. It moves like that because it's only a prototype.
>>
>>15041230
Actually, the big tires work against larger trucks as the shear size of the tire upshifts the torque to near useless levels.

Some monster trucks actually need to use orbit gears to downshift the power to something usable.
>>
>>15045035
It's not shuffling. It is however moving so slowly that it has to completely balance over the points of contact at all times. I put that entirely on the actuators and powerplant.
>>
>>15045035
It can also wave it's arms around. Can't forget the arms.
>>
>>15044796

Also the interior is upholstered like an early 2000s Toyota Camry.
>>
>>15045060

>yfw the mass produced model will be worse
>>
>>15045532
Luckily life doesn't look completely like Gundam.
>>
>>15039940
Because Japan is busy with making the 1:1 Gundam move.

That shit is baby mode compared to making the Gundam move.
>>
>>15045964
At least Method-1 at it's current stage can do more than that gundam will ever be able to do.
>>
>>15040801
Dunno
>>
>>15039940
Pity it's fake.
>>
>>15045532
bullshit
Thread posts: 122
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.