[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong here? Could the movies have been fixed in any way?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

File: code-geass-akito-the-exil.png (884KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
code-geass-akito-the-exil.png
884KB, 1024x768px
What went wrong here? Could the movies have been fixed in any way?
>>
The show is to make you suffer. Why would they fix it in the movies?
>>
In a perverse way I was annoyed at the 4th and 5th episodes making me like the Britannian redheads (if only to a moderate extent).

Akito had, up until then, managed the distinction of not having a single character that I could care about in the least.
>>
>>15038382
Wasn't the 4th movie considered the worst?
>>
>>15038103
>What went wrong here?
Nothing really. The Geass fandom is just really fucking stupid as evident here>>15038106
>>15038382 they're like babies who want their shiny keys (Lelouch) dangling in front of them because they largely don't care about the world and setting.
>>
>>15038430
Then why was Lelouch showing up one of the dumbest parts of the series?

Akito's pretty bad, but not much Lelouch wasn't the problem at all.
>>
>>15038451
>Then why was Lelouch showing up one of the dumbest parts of the series?
How was it dumb? It was largely harmless unless this is the first Geass related series you've ever watched
>Akito's pretty bad,
Nice meme
>>
>>15038451
If you were actually offended by a shitty cameo then you have some serious issues.
>>
>>15038458
I didn't say I was offended. And you just called it shitty, so I'm pretty sure we're on the same page

>>15038456
>I'm gonna be contrarian for the hell of it and not even offer an arguement
You're allowed to like Akito, but at least pretend you're being serious about it.
>>
>>15038461
>contrarian
Akito was a huge success. If anything hating it makes you contrarian
>>
>>15038103
Not as much as you think. They were decent movies, with a few issues but also some positives.

>>15038382
Well, that sounds overly harsh to me. I liked Leila well enough and was interested in Akito's condition, though less so his character per se, and also thought Klaus (her deputy) was a decently characterized fellow.
>>
The main problem, other than running time limitations keeping the staff from fully flexing their muscles, is that Akito was made for the Geass audience that should ideally exist, not so much the one that actually does. It's a generalization, but most people expected/wanted to literally see the same show all over again and that's not what they got. Unfamiliarity breeds boredom and disinterest in those not ready to take a different approach.
>>
>>15038499
To add, I wasn't a fan of the rest of the character in general, but thought the third episode started doing some good by letting the Japanese terrorists act like human beings and not only criminals. Helped make them tolerable afterwards.
>>
>>15038501
>Unfamiliarity breeds boredom and disinterest in those not ready to take a different approach.
Tell that to Gundam
>>
>>15038506
>but thought the third episode started doing some good by letting the Japanese terrorists act like human beings and not only criminals
I noticed that too. They did a complete 180 in terms of characterization after the second episode, Yukiya went from wanting to blow everyone up in episode 2 to sacrificing himself in the 4th episode. Ayano went from emotionless girl to bimbo and Ryou stayed mostly calmed down considerably.
>>
>>15038524
That's part of my point too. Gundam fans, at least these days, are divided into those who are open-minded and those who are UC-only or even OYW-only.
>>
>>15038532
Even that is a more or less inaccurate view. They changed emphasis, but elements remained throughout.

Yukiya, in the first two episodes, did care about Ayano and Ryou. He was ready to blow himself up, yeah, but mostly to protect them. Literally tells that to Akito in ep 2 and in ep 1 he also strapped a bomb to himself. So his sacrificial attitude in episode 4 wasn't out of nowhere.

Ayano was not emotionless in episode 1 when she charged with that sword and screamed something at Yukiya when he arrived with the bomb. Nor in ep 2 either, where the other two even made some light fun of her by not explaining the escape plan.

So, objectively speaking, it's a true 180.
>>
>>15038536
>are divided into those who are open-minded and those who are UC-only or even OYW-only
That's mostly in Japan though the rest of the world are more concerned with MUH GRITTY REALISM given the outcry over AGE, G-Reco and GBF having a more lighthearted tone. In Japan a good portion of the fanbase don't even consider non-UC installments Gundam and they're mostly geared to casuals. It just seems silly with Code Geass to differentiate between what's Geass and what's not since the franchise doesn't have a consistent tone to begin with or something that makes it standout because they're people who take this immensely goofy franchise seriously and those that don't and just want to see Lelouch again hence why we've only gotten this one-spin-off after 10 years of mostly fluff side material.
>>
>>15038541
*So, objectively speaking, it's way less of a true 180.
>>
>>15038543
You could say the mix of tones is where the consistency lies. People expect Code Geass to be both melodramatic and goofy, so then Akito comes with some melodrama but a darker feel and relatively little in terms of silliness (at first). The focus on Lelouch definitely explains a lot, but I figure that could have been "resolved" if they made Akito act more like him instead of being more distant and quiet when not in berserker mode.

Other than Akito they've never taken any real risks yet. Most of the manga are all minor investments with low risks and low rewards.

In any case, apparently the original staff behind the show does want the property to continue even after they're gone, so the upcoming sequel might well be more surprising than we expect, by the end, even if Lelouch is the protagonist. They could make push that to the limit and then turn him into an immortal watcher or whatever.
>>
>>15038541
> He was ready to blow himself up, yeah, but mostly to protect them
He wanted to blow himself and everyone up because he didn't like Akito not to sacrifice himself for them.
>and in ep 1 he also strapped a bomb to himself.
That was a bluff as literally stated by Akito. His change in heart came in the second episode where Akito revealed that he was just as unhinged as he was.

>Ayano was not emotionless in episode 1 when she charged with that sword and screamed something at Yukiya when he arrived with the bomb
Wow...its fucking nothing
>>
>>15038562
>You could say the mix of tones is where the consistency lies. People expect Code Geass to be both melodramatic and goofy, so then Akito comes with some melodrama but a darker feel and relatively little in terms of silliness (at first).
Ya know the original series opened up with a gang of cops killing a child. This franchise isn't known for tonal consistency so fans being afraid that Akito was going to be too dark and serious probably didn't realize the irony for themselves.

>Other than Akito they've never taken any real risks yet. Most of the manga are all minor investments with low risks and low rewards.
Renya was pretty out there in terms of setting and mechanics while OZ definitely kept in the same line as the TV series but it didn't stop both of them from bombing so I guess that people only prefer Geass material if its animated versus on print.

Not really surprising which route they took with the new anime given that its a 10th anniversary project and the fact that they haven't done jack shit with the TV series since it ended even though they could have.
>>
File: 1428401912147.gif (2MB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
1428401912147.gif
2MB, 220x220px
>>15038103
You are saying you weren't expecting it to be bat shit insane military mecha melodrama ? Did you not watch the original series?

I liked it. Actions scenes went on sometimes for a little too long but crazy shit like the brother's mecha centaur or crazy ass violent for the sake of violent flash backs of the two brothers kept me entertained.
>>
>>15038543
>>are divided into those who are open-minded and those who are UC-only or even OYW-only
>That's mostly in Japan though the rest of the world are more concerned with MUH GRITTY REALISM given the outcry over AGE, G-Reco and GBF having a more lighthearted tone

Oh please take off those rose tinted glasses. Western Gundam fandom is as retarded as the Japanese one. We have those that won't touch any product outside of the UC timeline under any circumstance just as the Japanese. We have those that are eternally fixated on the OYW no matter what. We have those that are Zeon wanks no matter what. The reason/s may be different from those of the Japanese, the outcome though is exactly the same.
>>
>>15038103
Needs more female pilots even fodder ones like in the TV series
>>
>>15038597
>Westerners
>giving a shit about UC
They're still waiting for a Wing sequel
>>
>>15038568
>He wanted to blow himself and everyone up because he didn't like Akito not to sacrifice himself for them.

Nope. He uses it as a threat near the end of the failed kidnapping in ep 1. In ep 2, he tells Akito that he's doing it to protect his two friends.

Calm down. I wasn't arguing that Ayano was a deep character. Just not emotionless.
>>
>>15038577
I see your point, but other scenes were different too. Geass also opened up with Lelouch (and Rivalz) beating a guy at chess and that noble making a cartoony face when he lost.

Then they accidentally cause the Black Knights to crash their truck. Lloyd also has his first A-HA moment, as very brief as it was.

The child killing did happen, offscreen, but later. and close to when Shirley called Lelouch's phone, giving up his position.

I didn't mind the tone in Akito myself, but I can see how some folks wanted something a little different.

Yes, I think they would have worked better as anime series. Renya is still both cheap to produce (mostly art costs and publication rights) and almost from a totally different genre given the lack of robots. Just for trivia, Oz has, ironically, been getting more promotion in videogames than when it was actually running. Having pretty girls helps. I suppose we don't know any exact sales figures to say if Oz sold better than Renya at least, even if not enough to get more volumes.
>>
>>15038103
Fix it by forgetting it happened
>>
Last movie was a cluster fuck when Leina's geass is revealed and Smilas gets jobbed.

Otherwise fine.
>>
>>15038103
The fights were a lot better
The CGI was good this time
>>
>>15038644
>They're still waiting for a Wing sequel

Only American retards are waiting for a Wing sequel. The rest of the world is fixated on the universal century timeline.
>>
File: 1478733036887.webm (2MB, 720x406px) Image search: [Google]
1478733036887.webm
2MB, 720x406px
Lewd
>>
>>15038103
Tell me about these movies, I haven't watched them at all.

Would I enjoyed them as someone who enjoyed Code Geass as one of the greatest questionably unintentional comedy anime of all time?

And do you think these will give me an idea of what to expect for R3?
>>
>>15039862
>Eurocucks are UC only fags
kek
>>
Suzaku didn't kill everyone. In fact, Lelouch and Suzaku didn't do much of anything. They shouldn't have even shown up.

But we got scenes like >>15042534 so not a total bummer.
>>
>>15038103
No Lelouch
>>
How did Akito even end?
I remember that after the castle battle, Akito styled on his brother with the help of the blue-geass blondie but then it's just blank.
>>
>>15046362
flawless victory, understanding and happy end
>>
>>15046415
Oh yeah.

Now i remember. It was pretty "meh"
>>
>>15046362
Akito and the gang became gypsies
At least he got hot blonde pussy
>>
>>15046320
This
>>
>>15038103
This show is 10/10
>>
>>15042534
Muh dick
>>
Speaking honestly, I actually got into Akito.

The character establishment was weird, and the whole elevens gang changed from super epik chunnis to characters I felt were from the first two movies tot he third one

Also the whole gypsy thing, and going to live with the gypsies, was dumb as fuck
The fights were nice, even with cgi. UNDERSTANDING elements aside, the final movie wasn't bad action or narrative wise
>>
File: 1478123704156.jpg (21KB, 236x343px) Image search: [Google]
1478123704156.jpg
21KB, 236x343px
>>
>>15050756
Best couple.
>>
>>15038501
Ever heard of the phrase 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'?

That said, I moderately enjoyed akito until the final episode.
>>
>>15038103
The world needs more centaur mecha.
>>
Akito a cute
>>
>>15050756
They were actually a pretty well-written couple that avoided falling into most of the romantic subplot tropes IMO. They were each individual characters with identities, goals, and arcs.
>>
>>15038103
There was nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>15038103
Code Geass: Boukoku no Akito was a good show
>>
>>15061705
SYMBOLISM
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.