[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SDF Macross

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Macross-sdf-1-macross.jpg (779KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Macross-sdf-1-macross.jpg
779KB, 1680x1050px
Am I the only one who disliked the majority of Macross cast?
Hikaru - can't decide if he's alpha or beta
Minmay - one of the absolutely worst main heroines I've seen in my life, she acts like a braindead bimbo 24/7
Misa - plain bitch but she gets much better
Kaifun - don't even get me started
Focker - meaningless drama could be avoided if he went to a fucking hospital like a sane man instead of visiting his girlfriend
Global - nothing more than a half-assed homage to Bright and Okita
Max is pretty based though. Even got a superior waifu.
>>
The cast were sometimes annoying, but not nearly as bad as what Tomino is able to accomplish when he puts his mind to it.

>Hikaru
He was an out-and-out beta, his only good aspect is his inability to actually die due to mediocre piloting.

>Minmay
Keep in mind, she's a literal teenager, they're supposed to be stupid. She's somewhat better in the movie though.

>Misa
The way she acted about Kaifun really ticked me off at first, but yeah, she does get much better.

>Kaifun
If you just accept that he's an outright hypocrite, then he's much easier to ignore.

>Roy
The man took three high-caliber machine cannon rounds to the chest. There's almost no recovering from that kind of shit. You'll love Frontier if you thought that was bad.

>Global
He was pretty based IMO. He did his own thing, cared for the crew and civilians, and drew up the heart of the doctrine that sets up every other Macross that follows.

>Max
You'll definitely love Seven, he gets a lot more character than just being the ace dude.
>>
>>15036627
Yeah, I've only watched the 1982 Macross so far. I've started rewatching it yesterday.
>not nearly as bad as what Tomino is able to accomplish when he puts his mind to it.
I get mad whenever I remember Reccoa or most of Victory's cast.
>>
>>15036598
I only really liked Roy and Global on the human side
All the Zentraedi were pretty cool though

Max and Millia were only good in Macross 7; they're practically non-characters in SDF
>>
File: 4897148163235654.jpg (189KB, 900x618px) Image search: [Google]
4897148163235654.jpg
189KB, 900x618px
>>15036598
Sorry, OP, but your post reeks of an attempt to sensationalize your perceived faults of the writing. The only legit point you have is the pineapple salad moment.

Max Sterling is the true hero during the events of SDF. Max is Luke, Rickaru is Porkins. He is just the side figure in those events that the show focuses on.

Minmay, Misa, and Kaifun are all just engines to drive the love story. Minmay is a teenage girl who is naive and too infatuated with her own newfound celebrity to really care about other people beyond superficial connections. That's not at all outlandish. Kaifun is mainly there to give Rickaru someone that he would see as a romantic rival for Minmay's affections. However, he also serves to an agent for pacifism and has its ideals challenged. Misa's only fault is that she puts up with Rickaru's shit in the last story arc and is basically just human doormat for him to wipe his feet on for the final 10 episodes. She only acts aggressively because some little shit found his way into a VF. Despite her emotional hangups, she is shown as a competent bridge officer and you have to remember that she is one who came up wit the Daedalus attack that would go on to be used by other fleets.

As for Global, you have to remember that he is a captain of a military-grade vessel and there will be some similarities with Bright and Okita given their shared occupation. However, you have to admit that he did a good job facing challenges on a level that neither Bright nor Okita faced. To whitewash Global as a derivative of the other two undermines all three characters and what they did in their respective series.
>>
>>15036598
I thought most of the Macross characters were more relatable and likable compared to the MSG characters. I love both, don't get me wrong and I like the cast of MSG too, but I always thought the characters were better written in SDF. Fuck Kaifun though.
>>
>>15037012
>Macross
>better written characters
It felt like every episode had a completely different writer.
Also
>Minmei
>likeable/relatable
At least Gundams didn't have unbearable heroines with too much screentime. Aside from Shakti, of course.
>>
>>15037119
>It felt like every episode had a completely different writer.
What? No it didn't, why do you say that?

>Minmay
She wasn't even that bad, I only watched Macross like 2 years ago and I was going into it with the expectations that she was going to be insufferable, but she was just a dumb teenager.

As for the gundam heroine thing, there's also Nina, Reccoa (only at the end, even though I like the heel turn) Sochie (I still like her). They have all been called unbearable.
>>
>>15037119
>unbearable heroines with too much screentime
Relena
Lacus
Marina Ismail
Romary
Kudelia

You're a fucking retard.
>>
>>15037187
Oh shit, in I forgot all about the Wing/00/Seed girls. I tried to forget.
>>
>>15036598
>Hikaru
Depends, in movie and after all that shit happens in SDF he's pretty much alpha

>Minmay
She's a teenage girl with much pressure by having such big popularity and struggle to even contain it. Hell, not every people able to handle that in the end.

>Misa
Well, thats girl man. She's a workaholic that put too much concern in ships affair and some mental issues, but still very competent tactician. I think she's potrayed so realistically as it is in her affair than being your perfect waifu anime gurl, so its good.

>Focker
He know he'll not survive .50 call class weapons anyway so he decide to take last chances seeing his lover again. Hospital is not a magical place you know.

>Kaifun
He's a real bitch but his word at Minmay was right in the end, and indirectly change her for the better.

>Global
Fucking fite me fag, he's far more competent than two and doesn't rely on a pussy slap to get shit done. He's the best drinkin buddy you ever had better than Dozle.

>Max
He's struggle in his own love stories and even more in controling his own kids. Thankfully he's pretty much a bro. His waifu can't even cook, and fucking love throwing her own babies all over.
>>
File: 4897148163235654.jpg (53KB, 470x359px) Image search: [Google]
4897148163235654.jpg
53KB, 470x359px
>>15037206
>He know he'll not survive .50 call class weapons anyway so he decide to take last chances seeing his lover again. Hospital is not a magical place you know.

If he was shot with .50cal fire, he would've exploded in his cockpit.

Realistically, given the injuries he sustained, he would've lost consciousness before he even landed and would've died immediately after if even made it that far.

Roy's death was stupid and poorly written. Stop trying to retcon it.
>>
>>15037283
He was a badass though.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.