[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Airbags on a mech doesn't seem like such a good idea.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

Airbags on a mech doesn't seem like such a good idea.
>>
>>15033318

Slamming your face into the control panel seems like a worse idea.

Anyway, I like the airbag simply because they give a nice and clear visual that the pilot is being exposed to force.
>>
>>15033326
They don't have airbags in IBO. Or much in the way of seatbelts it seems like. Or even pilot suits or helmets unless they're in space. So when they start getting knocked around they tend to start spouting blood. This is your alternative.
>>
>>15033331
The manly way.
>>
Someone post the webm of Marida getting trashed.
>>
>>15033318
Why even wear a helmet?
>>
>>15033331
>They don't have airbags in IBO.
Mostly because the technology is foreign to them and treat them like old age tanks.

Air bags are a nice touch and it shows how the company who makes the suits cares about its pilots safety. A dead pilot, or brain dead pilot is no bueno
>>
>>15033331

The cockpit action in IBO is so lifeless. "oh no my nose started bleeding and a coughed a bit of blood because that's what happens when you get smashed around like a ragdoll inside a cockpit"

Literally biting their tongues.
>>
File: 1225910063302.png (29KB, 875x880px) Image search: [Google]
1225910063302.png
29KB, 875x880px
>>15033318
>First war in 500 years
>Lack hindsight
>Lack foresight

GASP!
>>
>>15033351
Because space. The airbag keeps you from being slammed into nearby objects and cushions you during major impacts. The helmet keeps you alive in case your cockpit's seal is breached or you need to step outside into the void.

Or, you know, like in Marida's case where the impacts are so severe the airbag isn't enough and the helmet is that additional layer that keeps your head from being split open.
>>
>>15033351
so you don't suffocate when your suit explodes in space.
>>
One of the coolest things in the UC is seeing the development of technology. Like funnels, and the airbags.
>>
>>15033318

Why?
>>
>>15033331
IBO cockpits are literally coffins.
>>
>>15033318
>Airbags on a mech doesn't seem like such a good idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWObQ3FX_do
>>
>>15033318
The airbags are literally one of the best practical ideas to come out of the franchise. They deploy fast enough that the pilots never hit something hard
>>
>>15033543
boston dynamics! Gundam mk1
>>
Airbags are pointless if you have a 6 point harness, HANS device and helmet.
>>
File: muv13.jpg (19KB, 550x250px) Image search: [Google]
muv13.jpg
19KB, 550x250px
SAFETY FIRST
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.