[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>KONO PURESSHA how can you feel pressure in space?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: jewpresureoven.gif (318KB, 500x427px) Image search: [Google]
jewpresureoven.gif
318KB, 500x427px
>KONO PURESSHA

how can you feel pressure in space?
>>
>>15027612
>how can kisama yatsu
>>
It's a newtype of pressure.
>>
same thing as ones presence in the force, dummy
95% of Newtype related questions can be solved by remembering its just the force
>>
>>15027620

It's distinct from the Force in that the Force is not a result of humans and subservient to them like newtypes, but an external energy of some kind that most life forms interact with in some manner and can rely on to enhance themselves in various ways, but which has its own moral values and agenda as well as power.
>>
>>15027633
>It's distinct from the Force
> The Force is an external energy of some kind that most life forms interact with in some manner and can rely on to enhance themselves in various ways, but which has its own moral values and agenda as well as power

You haven't seen the trippy newtype vision shennanigans at the end of MSG and Unicorn have you? Because holy shit the whole transcendentalist "I'm dead so now I can see that all become one in the end and one day humanity will awaken to that fact and go beyond the time/over the rainbow to enlightenment" is pretty damn similar. It even has ghosts kinda sorta made out of it that come back to help the protagonist.
>>
>>15027633
20% Force 80% Dune Prescience
since Star Wars is at least half stolen from Dune that makes Newtype 90% Dune.
>>
>>15027612
The same way you feel pressure anywhere. It's just force over an area, the concept is independent of a fluid medium.
>>
>>15027657

I have, and I don't agree. All that implies to me is that newtypes ascend to a different plane of existence upon death and can, at least temporarily bring other, living newtypes there. Not that newtypes gain their power from that plane of existence, or that the plane of existence has any agenda or moral values of it's own.

>>15027696

I've only read Dune and I don't really recall it going in to anything similar, though it has been years. Was it in the original and I just forgot it, or was it only really gone in to in detail in the two sequels released before A New Hope? There's no doubt that Star Wars took inspiration from Dune, and I doubt Lucas would even deny it, since he's been pretty open about inspiration from other sources like Kurosawa and Flash Gordon, but the Force seems more akin to narrative convention and to owe more to Joseph's Campbell's Monomyth/Hero's Journey than to any specific sci-fi examples of mysticism from what I can see.
>>
By clenching your butt cheeks.
>>
>>15027741
I'm pretty sure I remember reading that Star Wars was made with no knowledge of the writings of Joseph Campbell, and later they were like, "oh, that makes sense."

Maybe I'm totally wrong, though.
>>
>>15027787

I'd doubt it just because Lucas was a big fan of his and even helped fund his last interviews to be filmed if I recall, with the specific intention to show Campbell A New Hope as part of it (Campbell liked it if I recall). It might be retro actively credited or something though I suppose.
>>
>>15027795
I remembered it sightly incorrectly, it was an early draft of the script.

>I [Lucas] came to the conclusion after American Graffiti that what's valuable for me is to set standards, not to show people the world the way it is...around the period of this realization...it came to me that there really was no modern use of mythology...The Western was possibly the last generically American fairy tale, telling us about our values. And once the Western disappeared, nothing has ever taken its place. In literature we were going off into science fiction...so that's when I started doing more strenuous research on fairy tales, folklore, and mythology, and I started reading Joe's books. Before that I hadn't read any of Joe's books...It was very eerie because in reading The Hero with a Thousand Faces I began to realize that my first draft of Star Wars was following classic motifs...so I modified my next draft [of Star Wars] according to what I'd been learning about classical motifs and made it a little bit more consistent...I went on to read 'The Masks of God' and many other books.[46]
>>
a gundam pressurewave is not the same as starwars. When a newtype has great power his or her force can overwhelm a fellow newtype and they would prob response: muh persure /(chingmuh pressurechang(jap trans)
>>
>>15027633
>>15027741
> a latent energy field has an agenda and morals
The hell are you even talking about?
>>
>>15027849

The Force isn't just a latent energy field. Not since at least 2011, with The Clone Wars episode "Overlords". It probably hasn't been with even longer, since The Living Force is mentioned as a concept in the prequels. It could have been a concept even before that in the EU.

Regardless, Light and Dark Side aren't just terms that people use to describe their own personal moral alignment when talking of the Force. The Force itself has moral values, which are represented in various ways, including what powers you can use. Any given Force users personality and actions dictate their moral alignment with an aspect of the Force. The Force is split at the very least between the Cosmic Force and the Living Force, with the Living Force being the collective energy of all living things, while the Cosmic Force is what binds those things together or some shit.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Living_Force
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cosmic_Force

The Jedi and the Sith were more concerned with the Cosmic Force, while other sects distinct from them concerned themselves with the Living Force. Qui-Gon, Yoda and Obi-Wan becoming aware of it is what allowed them to become Force Ghosts for a time after death. At another level The Force is split between the Light and Dark, with a middle ground. These aspects war with each other, somehow, and have been represented by The Son, The Daughter and The Father. Along with probably the Bendu.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/daughter
http://www.starwars.com/databank/son
http://www.starwars.com/databank/father
http://www.starwars.com/databank/bendu

The first three were living embodiments of the moral aspects of the Force, who Anakin and Ahsoka encountered on a hidden planet that disappeared once the aspects killed each other if I recall

http://www.starwars.com/databank/force-planet

The Bendu is probably a living embodiment of the middle ground that Ahsoka adhered to later in life and gave some knowledge to Kanaan.
>>
>>15027612
Don't think.

Feel.
>>
>>15028305
>there is a Light Side of the Force
I hate this meme.
>>
>>15027612
Was Judau the strongest Newtype?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.