[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heavy Gear Assault

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 21

File: header.jpg (40KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
40KB, 460x215px
Last few hours to get your free Heavy Gear Assault keys!

Get key here:
http://splash.heavygear.com/

Steam Store page for those interested in screenshots and bideo
http://store.steampowered.com/app/416020
>>
Oh, sure, why not, free shit. And I was thinking about this yesterday, thought it was dead.
>>
>The expected launch date is December 15, 2016
I thought it's waporware.
>>
Apparently not. I fully expect issues delays and other shit but its launching I think.
>>
2bad it doesn't send it
>>
I can't stand the redesigned gears but what the hell

>>15025188
i dont htink it sends till unlock, 1 hr
>>
A terrible group of people have their eye on this game.
>>
>>15025226
Who?
>>
Got my access key, will probably install and play today.

Will there be an /m/ clan/guild/whatever for this?
>>
>>15025226
Are they Reddit or Tumblr boogie men or is it...
Micro$oft?
>>
>>15025226

Is it Kong Interstellar? They're harmless, they've lost all their money backing Star Citizen, they can't do anything but criticise the game for all the things they can't admit they like about MWO.
>>
>>15025248
>>15025312
>>15025313
crix
>>
>>15025314
What is even that? Some shitty youtuber? Who cares?

Or did they actually get a sponsorship from a cracker company?
>>
File: I guess.png (63KB, 321x357px) Image search: [Google]
I guess.png
63KB, 321x357px
>Want a metal gear sequel
>Get this shit instead
>But they give it to me for free
>>
>>15025335
whoops, meant heavy gear, I'm retarded.
>>
>sign up for key
>dont get one
>>
File: who.png (138KB, 640x268px) Image search: [Google]
who.png
138KB, 640x268px
>>15025314
>>
>>15025342
Pre-steam release founders got their keys
Devs are just waiting on the go ahead from Valve for the free early access keys.
>>
so is this heavy gear II but modernized?
>>
>>15025411

It's early access multiplayer only E-sports heavy gear.

Not really sure how that's supposed to work out, but that's what they've set out to make.
>>
>>15025432
that sounds terrible but it's free so it can't hurt to try.
>>
>omegasword is in the official discord
oh lord
>>
>>15025478
i have keys email me and ill sell em to you
>>
File: b80.jpg (31KB, 565x600px) Image search: [Google]
b80.jpg
31KB, 565x600px
>>15025478
>>
File: r20njjB.jpg (128KB, 1185x889px) Image search: [Google]
r20njjB.jpg
128KB, 1185x889px
>>15025478
So that's what >>15025226 meant by a terrible group of people have their eye on it. Welp, I'll just avoid every game those people are in. I don't want to get dragged into that autistic moshpit again.
>>
File: 1434925698595.png (22KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1434925698595.png
22KB, 600x800px
>>15025714
Please be understanding my friend
>>
File: 1342393651516.gif (309KB, 460x351px) Image search: [Google]
1342393651516.gif
309KB, 460x351px
Give me a code and I'll suck your dick
>>
File: manly tears.png (3MB, 1395x1079px) Image search: [Google]
manly tears.png
3MB, 1395x1079px
>been a heavy gear fan for over 20 years
>didn't get a key
>>
>>15025730
still being sent out lad, not sure if you can apply for them still but therye still in the process of being sent out.
>>
File: Good honest guys.png (282KB, 1366x724px) Image search: [Google]
Good honest guys.png
282KB, 1366x724px
>>15025714
>>
anyone get a key yet
>>
>>15025478
I'm curious. Who are these people an why should I give a damn.
>>
>>15025793
I haven't got one yet
>>
>>15025849
Keys wont be out for another couple of hours because Steam is busy sucking dicks
>>
>>15025898
good to know
>>
Any emails received yet?
>>
>>15026234
Nope.
>>
>>15026234
>>15026234
nothing here yet
>>
>>15026234
negative my dude
>>
>>15026234
Sounds like they may still be waiting on some action or word from Valve to finalize the release before those are sent.
>>
while we wait, post musics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWQGHiulA2c
>>
I can't open the page anymore is anyone else getting this problem?
>>
>>15026274
they took down the page because people were getting misled thinking there were still keys
>>
>>15026278
oh well shit
>>
File: hga_steam_developer_notes.gif (497KB, 616x8062px) Image search: [Google]
hga_steam_developer_notes.gif
497KB, 616x8062px
Might as well start fielding questions, been playing HGA since the alpha was available about two and a half years ago, feel free to ask away.

Attached the developer comments from the Steam page for those that missed it.
>>
>>15026266
https://youtu.be/n9q5OhL32xo
>>
>>15026290
is the HUD still ugly af?
currently the only turnoff for me atm
>>
>>15026274
>>15026278

i can still get to it, check again
>>
>>15026375
nope still down for me
>>
down for me.. is this that game that was on kickstarter?
>>
>>15026290
Oh cool, Singleplayer is still on the roadmap.
>VR
That's ambitious.
>>
File: HGA_UI.jpg (2MB, 1680x4150px) Image search: [Google]
HGA_UI.jpg
2MB, 1680x4150px
>>15026322
Hosted a Wave Survival server with AI bots to get some representative shots from the current version. Here is a set showing the UI customization menu up top for changing the interface colors, which has a popup color selector window when clicking on each option.

The three screens following are from the map San Lopez. Some of the elements are still likely being worked on as far as which HUD/HMD areas of displayed info is tied into which selected color option from the UI menu, so the arrangement could change down the road.

This set also shows how the reticle changes to the in-game enemy color when targeting the opponent at the end, is neutral when not on target, and likewise would change to the allied color over a friendly target.
>>
>>15026507
Will the steam version be capable of hosting games with bots too?
>>
>>15026510
Yeah the current game modes are Team Deathmatch; Brunesball which is effectively CTF with an explosive keg on a pedestal in each team base that can be unlocked, picked up and carried by Gears with a free hand, thrown and passed between teammates or intercepted by the other team as they take it to their pedestal; Annexation that features neutral generators around the map that can be repaired to score cumulative points when they are under your team's control, which then the other team could damage and repair for themselves for the points; and Wave Survival where one team is all players and ther other team is respawning waves of AI bots. Can choose a rotation for the server with several maps having options for various time of day and weather settings, along with different match lengths and target scores for each entry in the rotation to define win conditions.
>>
>>15026413
UE4 has VR support by default, but I'd guess it needs proper configuring and programming to work well in any particular application.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (155KB, 602x982px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
155KB, 602x982px
hate steam forums
>>
wow its still not out steam must have really fucked up
>>
>>15027796
There should be some sort of announcement about that soon. The HGA Facebook page was already updated with some info in that regard.
>>
>>15027796
I got mine just now actually, have a look in your inbox.
>>
Steam has some issues, reconquest is stuck unreleased too.
>>
>>15026266
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yi7a8pSfXI&t=5m18s
>>
File: 123456789123412.webm (3MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
123456789123412.webm
3MB, 1024x768px
So here was my experience
>Download the game
>Try the tutorial
>Alt + X didn't change movement modes for some reason
>Finish out the Tutorial with basic controls
>The jumping was super finicky for some reason
>Spend 10 minutes customizing my Gear
>Swapping out parts and painting it all up
>Like all the different material options and being able to customize each part is nice
>Save all my changes
>Load it up to make sure everything saved right
>Game runs kinda crappy but I've got a five year old PC so it's expected turn everything down to mid/low before I actually try to play to maximize framerates
>Try to join a game
>Select my customized mech from the customized mech section
>My mech isn't customized and is totally default
>Ping in the 200s
>Try to shoot, nothing happens
>Everyone else is shooting fine apparently since I can hear gunfire, luckily no one is camping the spawn
>Check controls in the options, nothing works, maybe there is a conflict because my controller is plugged in
>Try my controller, it works, it's not perfect but I don't really feel like turning the game off unplugging the controller turning it back on and then finagling with the key bindings to get everything working right on the KB&M especially when there isn't a training room I can try this shit out in first
>Drive around and shoot a couple guys with the controller
>It's an online only shooter so I'm not really that interested.
It have some promise, the game looks alright, I like the Gears. I'll come back in a few months or when they got some single player. The online only stuff makes my eyes glaze over. I used to be big into online shooters in high school but they just don't do it for me anymore unless it's like a LAN match with close friends.
>>
>>15029387
yeah alt-x and prone toggle is fucked for me

so far my experience:
>gears are pretty
>movement and especially SMS are breddy good
>gun handling, interacting with objectives and HUD are janky
>gear bay is sweet but how do you use it in game
>multiplayer maps need work

keep at it stompybot
or else
>>
>>15029399
Oh speaking of the gear bay while I liked fiddling with the gears the UI was pretty ugly and unresponsive.

It was nice having a full color wheel but I kept accidentally closing out of it when I was trying to adjust the saturation bar or something

Also when I was changing materials there wasn't an easy way to do it, I had to like manually click each material go back to the drop down window and then click the next one, as opposed to say highlighting the first one and then just going through them with down arrow. There were also little things that bugged me like when you picked Gear body part the window with all the different gears was cut off and had a scroll bar so you couldn't see the second row without scrolling it down each time, felt clunky. These menus should be like fast and snappy.
>>
Is the game out on Steam yet?

I got a key back a few days ago and activated it on Steam but gong to its Steam page, I can't access it at all, nor is it in my library.
>>
>>15029439
http://steamcommunity.com/games/416020/announcements/detail/702957051090791544
>>
>>15029387
I can try and do a rundown and see if these resolve most of that.

>Alt + X didn't change movement modes for some reason.
>Finish out the Tutorial with basic controls

The default controls are in progress and may be a bit off until the next couple updates since they are reworking how controls are programmed to have separate standard and advanced profiles. Alt-X by default is the drop weapon command. You can change between standard and advanced movement mode in the meantime by using the menu Options > Gameplay > Aim Control Style. The tutorial is also being updated to reflect the proper keyboard command.

>The jumping was super finicky for some reason

If this refers to jump jets not having clearance on the jumping section you can get additional jump height by double tapping the spacebar without using the directional movement keys, or going into SMS or getting a running start then with the momentum double tapping for the higher jump jet pulse. Think they are tweaking the jumping mechanics also.

>Spend 10 minutes customizing my Gear
>My mech isn't customized and is totally default

After customizing the colors/parts, make sure the paint scheme is saved, then clicking the top Save button under the Gear list a few times and see if that makes it take in-game. Also make sure to select from the Custom Gear list, though pretty sure that is what is shown first.

>Ping in the 200s

Check the Browse Servers list and see if there is a region closer to your location, the Play Now button might just be selecting the server with the most players.

>Try to shoot, nothing happens

Select your hand held weapon by pressing 1-4 for the storage location, then click left or right mouse button to equip the hand. The weapon moves from the storage to the hand display. Rockets can be cycled with T and firing modes with Alt-T, and make sure you have a mouse/keyboard button configured to fire shoulder weapons. And make sure there isn't a weapons disabled/enemy spawn message visible.
>>
>>15029497
Thanks.

I've seen the announcement but then there was a lot of people talking directly about their experiences on here so I was unsure of my interpretation.
>>
File: JdBasilisk1_6.jpg (106KB, 1024x721px) Image search: [Google]
JdBasilisk1_6.jpg
106KB, 1024x721px
>>15025102

On that second link there are also a couple .pdf downloads on the Steam page with the initial version of the HGA game manual at the View the manual link, and a digital version of the Heavy Gear Technical Manual 2nd Edition at the View the quick reference link that is a good primer to read up on for people new to the series.
>>
>got key
>don't think my pc can run it
>waiting to the download to be unlocked
kek
>>
>>15030054
I need the basilisk in game
>>
File: hga_red_shoulder.png (3MB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
hga_red_shoulder.png
3MB, 1280x1920px
>>15031435
What sort of specs are you running? UE4 is pretty good at scaling to lower end systems.

>>15031526
A few of the players were running some variations of a red shoulder Scopedog stand-in for a brief time last year when a couple of Gears happened to have their armor color locations assigned differently than the rest. Could get a bit of asymmetrical color patterns going for a while by swapping parts around. Looks like both the Basilisk and its Silverscale variant are on that list for eventual inclusion.
>>
File: wONhTuD.png (46KB, 1280x942px) Image search: [Google]
wONhTuD.png
46KB, 1280x942px
>>15031805
>>
>>15031939
Might be able to get by on that if the card can handle DX11 without issue. The min specs on the Steam page do mention a 680 or higher but otherwise the rest look able to pull it off. May have to set some options lower than the max settings to be smooth, though it has been seen that i3 systems are capable of running it maxed out at a passable framerate and that listed screen resolution looks like it'll promote better performance.
>>
File: hg_horizon.gif (4MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
hg_horizon.gif
4MB, 1680x1050px
>>15029439
There are several videos on the Stompybot Twitch channel as well as the heavygearassault Youtube channel if you want to preview some of the action in the meantime. Some of the more recent ones have been showing the cutom house rules that can be set by server hosts to alter the gameplay by having the ability to change the Gear stats, and it sounds like weapon editing will probably be added to that as well down the road. Since the devs have a modding background going back to MechWarrior 3 and 4 they want to give the players that ability as well for HGA.
>>
File: 1480200735295.gif (2MB, 345x386px) Image search: [Google]
1480200735295.gif
2MB, 345x386px
>mfw too late to get a key
>The game is $40 at the minimum
>Broke as fuck
All I wanted was a fun mech game even in these trying times, fuck.
>>
>>15026413
How exactly is VR ambitious
Its literally just using TrackIR (20 year old infrared tech) with a screen taped to your face set to 1-1 motion control.
>>
>>15036792
After seeing all the showcase Vive games I figured VR games still have a long way to go.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.