[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which mecha would be powerfull enough to stop Getter Emperor?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8

File: shin-getter-robo-2348933.jpg (228KB, 800x1168px) Image search: [Google]
shin-getter-robo-2348933.jpg
228KB, 800x1168px
Which mecha would be powerfull enough to stop Getter Emperor?
>>
>>15024924
STTGL
>>
>>15024924
>inb4 Aquarion Logos meme
>>
>>15024924
Kirby's Robobot.
>>
>>15024973
Kirby is Getter.
>>
>>15024924
Doraemon
>>
File: Getter-Robo-Go-07-0118.png (222KB, 819x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Getter-Robo-Go-07-0118.png
222KB, 819x1300px
>>15024978
>Kirby is Getter.
>>
>>15024924
Demonbane as usual
No matter how powerful Emperor gets, it can't time travel or summon billions of itself
>>
Heybot
>>
>>15025030
Demonbane manipulates spacetime but Emperor IS spacetime and everything that happens is preordained by Emperor.
>>
What was Getter's deal anyway?
It absorbed everything but to what end?
>>
>>15025050
>absorb everything
>gather all matter within the universe
>collapse upon self
>big bang
>new universe
>repeat
>>
>>15025079
Heavy. Getter told dark energy to go fuck itself.
>>
>>15024924

For all its power, Getter Emperor wouldn't survive a direct hit from a sufficiently large MDE. That's a weapon that flat-out destroys spacetime in an area and obliterates all matter within that volume, potentially a very large area depending on the bomb.

Granted, Getter Emperor has a number of different ways to avoid taking that direct hit, like making wormholes to send the bomb somewhere else or even just shooting down the MDE.

I suppose, given how Getter works, being destroyed by an MDE might not actually permanently killed Getter Emperor, but rather just disperse it and force it to start to process of leveling up all over again, putting it back below the level where Getter Rays were first discovered. But its not going to be happy about it.
>>
>>15025109
>That's a weapon that flat-out destroys spacetime in an area and obliterates all matter within that volume, potentially a very large area depending on the bomb.
You DO realize Emperor literally crushed a wormhole in his hand?
>>
>>15025114

Which isn't exactly a counterargument. Wormholes are notoriously fragile. The whole reason making a wormhole is impressive is that any wormhole that doesn't collapse on its own in less than a second is a marvel of advanced technology.
>>
>>15025121
Except he did physically crushed a hole in space-time.

Holes don't work that way.
>>
>>15025125
star trek has like fifteen different ways to blow up wormholes so super crushing should work too
>>
>>15025125

What part of 'fragile' do you not get? A sufficiently large starship could collapse a wormhole just by driving too close to it, or even a smaller whip with artificial gravity would cause a wormhole to fall apart.

A wormhole is like a house of cards. Its building one that's really impressive, not knocking it over.
>>
>>15025109
>>15025134
Getter Emperor has a energy barrier. Admit it, you don't know jackshit about Emperor. Get out!
>>
File: offtrackbetting copy.jpg (582KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
offtrackbetting copy.jpg
582KB, 2592x1944px
>>15024924
>Hmm, I'm betting four credits on that Scopedog.
>What? No, Vinny, I'm not wasting my fuckin money. He's gonna win.
>Just you watch, he's gonna win, the underdogs always win, it's easy to be a champ. It takes guts to start out from the bottom.
>It takes guts to not have anything. No money
>Like me, no money. I have guts.
>Shit he needs to win. Those credits were for milk, my wife wants it

>Eddie?
>Buddy, the scopedog lost

>well fuck
>I guess this is why i dont have any money
>>
>>15025079
So Getter Emperor is Galactus?
>>
>>15025047
> Emperor IS spacetime and everything that happens is preordained by Emperor.

Which means nothing when the upper levels of the franchise outright don't abide by spacetime or causality.
>>
>>15025519
Everything abides by spacetime, else it wouldn't exist. Everything that happens is preordained by Getter, no amount of wankery can change what already is.
>>
STTGL
>STTGL beats the shit out of Emperor at first but all the Spiral is being absorbed because Emperor is just the natural evolution of Shin Getter
>Simon warns Ryouma about the dangers of Buddhism
>Ryouma tells him to fuck off
>Simon has infinite Spiral because fucking plot
>just keeps funneling energy into Emperor
>universe breaks as both reach critical mass
>Getter tells them both this was all part of its keikaku
>new universe
>>
>>15025553
>STTGL beats the shit out of Emperor
haha nice fanfic
>>
Who would win, Getter Emperor, or one trillion Boss Borots?
>>
>>15025581
Who would win, Getter Borot or Boss Emperor?
>>
>>15025523
>else it wouldn't exist

Meanwhile in H.P. Lovecraft's world of whatever the fuck.
>>
>>15025613
Warping or controlling spacetime is not the same as not even existing
>>
>>15025619
Master Therion and Nyarlathotep both state that they have no relation to Time and Space.
Various uses of "Creation and Fantasy/ Chaos/ Doesn't Exist" "separated from Time and Space"
to say nothing of the recurring differentiation between Creation and Fantasy/ Chaos/ Shouldn't Exist/ Whichever nonsense they'll add, as well as the various "Separated from Time and Space"
>>
>>15025704
Too bad we're talking about spacetime.
>>
File: 1468252145114.png (3MB, 2342x1604px)
1468252145114.png
3MB, 2342x1604px
>>15024924
>>
>>15024924
ElderGod Demonbane is capable of erasing it existence, along with its history, but it most likely won't.
>>
>>15025030
That only applies to ElderGod Demonbane; especially when elder gods, which according to the author, are beyond comprehension and logic and could even exist outside of the consciousness of the Blind Idiot God (thus, surviving its death according to NitroPlus Blasterz).
>>
>>15025899
Didn't a version of Demonbane erase all of the Omniverse except the girls piloting it?
>>
>>15024924
Chirico with a Scopedog.
>>
>>15025158

And you clearly don't know how an MDE works. An energy barrier isn't going to stop it, because the space the energy barrier occupies just ceased to exist. The properties and strength of the energy barrier itself never come into play.
>>
>>15026884
How large is the explosive radius of an MDE?
>>
File: Dimension Eater bomb.png (262KB, 664x399px) Image search: [Google]
Dimension Eater bomb.png
262KB, 664x399px
>>15026892

Depends how much dimension eater you want. The very first MDE we ever saw took out a huge chunk of a planet, the only reason it didn't destroy the whole thing was because it was detonated on the surface of the world instead of at its core.

Weapons development after that was more concerned with making the area of effect smaller and the bomb able to be mass produced and mounted on space fighters, which ended up being able to carry 4 at a time, each of which was capable of eating an entire capital ship.

Presumably they can also go the other direction and make them bigger, they just haven't had the need to yet. But its a technology Macross understands pretty well now, its not a mystery tech.
>>
>>15026922
It would have to be pretty large to take out the main body of Getter Emperor is why I ask. Just a single one of Emperor's the component flagships is much larger than a planet, so the MDE would have to be quite large to destroy Emperor's entire body.
>>
>>15026922

To add: obviously Getter Emperor would eventually grow beyond the ability of any individual MDE bomb to destroy. Once its the size of a solar system, its probably too late to realistically stop it, though use of MDEs could slow it down some.

The key is attacking Getter Emperor while it is still small enough for deleting large chunks of it to actually hurt it. Even if it is 50 times the size of a planet, that means that taking planet-sized bites out of it still does a lot of damage. Its not easy to kill, but its still POSSIBLE.

But eventually Getter Emperor just gets too big. Unless Macross goes full Gunbuster-tier and decides that fucking the galaxy is worth destroying Getter Emperor. Which I'm not sure they can actually do.
>>
>>15026952
You also have the issue that Getters are merely a conduit to give Getter rays a physical form. Combined with the fact that Getter rays are ambient through the entirety of the cosmos and are a source of infinite, inexhaustible energy and you ultimately can't stop Getter unless you destroy all of existence.

However defeating Getter isn't the question but Getter Emperor, which we have only seen three appearances of: in Shin, Arc, and Armageddon. Based on all sizes presented, an MDE would take a lot of improving to take the body out whole. If you aim for just dealing damage you have four obstacles to face: emperor's fleet, the fanatic devotion and willingness to die of its fleet, its personal defenses, and its status as a living machine.

The fleet and their fanaticism is a big two part obstacle. Humans can be cloned inside of emperor to pilot what has to at least be thousands of different Getter ships of variable sizes and types. A single Getter can be a thorn in a fleet's side, a whole battalion of Getters is horrifying. Add in that people in the fleet or on the mother ship have 0 regard for their lives as they just become one with Getter when they die means they are all perfectly loyal soldiers.

Next the impressive armaments and calculation ability of Emperor makes shooting a missile of any considerable damage and hitting a difficult task.

Finally if you hit Getter, it can assimilate organic and synthetic material so it could likely call upon its fleet to patch any holes. Not only that but it's possible, now this is just spit balling, that emperor could actually catch the missile without detonating it and assimilate it/MDE technology.
>>
>>15026988

The assimilation part is a legitimate danger, but I am actually not too worried about the fleet.

Macross has always been about fuckhuge numbers. The final battle of Space War One involved 4 million capital ships, and that was just what the Zentradi brought with them! But the time of Frontier, hundreds of equally large Zentradi fleets have been absorbed by the NUN, and they are producing their own Macross class ships left and right.

I am reasonably sure in the abilities of Macross to fight a very large fleet of big enemy ships. Its basically what they have been doing since day one. The Zentradi can afford to toss 10,000 ships directly into the sun and still call it a win with only minor casulties.
>>
>>15027013
While the massive size of the Macross fleet is nothing to scoff at, remember that military dominance comes against fighting ship. All Getters are extremely quick, nimble, armed to the teeth, run on infinite fuel, can fire Getter beams which will melt through any metals and kill anyone near it from the sheer radiation, have insane pilots all without fear of death, and do not need repairing due to much lower wear since they are fighting in space and again the pilots have no sense of self preservation. Also remember Getter pilots can all perfectly coordinate and instantly communicate with each other by communicating through Getter itself and directly get their orders from Musashi clones or even from emperor itself.

I'm not saying Emperor for sure wins in said fleet battle however this is a very different fleet than any they have faced before.
>>
>>15027073

How nimble we talking here?
>>
>>15025553

> Getter Emperor main trait is absorbing stuff
> Lagann and all it's evolutions main trait is combining
> any clash between them ending in anything but combining

I'll never understand this.
>>
>>15027100
Depends from pilot to pilot, wouldn't expect them to be any main Getter team level but loads better than the wash out grunts who failed to replace them. Getters, particularly in emperor era which range somewhere between the efficiency of the original model and Shin, are extremely fast with Shin reaching near light speed in space. So as vague as it sounds, they would be moving at speeds between speed of sound and speed of light but likely cost to the latter then the former. If you want how nimble the Getter can be a perfect example is watch the opening to Daikessen which features no name new generation pilots.

Due to the size of Getters I don't know if they could maneuver a field of missiles quite like that, maybe in a nimble Getter 2 form with competent enough pilots, but I would say they likely can outrun those missiles. Now even if they can't maneuver that, the way the fleet was shown to work in Arc more than likely they would send in one Getter solo to just body block the missiles, preferably as close to the enemy fleet as possible in hopes to garner damage on them. Meanwhile the rest of the fleet would likely destroy any smaller ships while moving at breakneck speed to destroy the larger ships.

Sorry I can't give me concrete answers or numbers, Getter is fairly consistent with the capabilities of the mechs but due to its near multiverse nature it's hard to give concrete answers.
>>
>>15027156

That's fair. Thanks for your reasonable response!
>>
>>15024924
Shin Mazinger Zero
>>
>>15027163
Always fun to indulge in hypotheticals when it stays civil, friend. Also allows for people not in the same fandom to enlighten one another, like you have done for me with Macross and I hope I have done for you and Getter.
>>
>>15025502
I'm no expert on Marvel comics, but Galactus isn't that much of a big threat. There are much powerful beings than him like Celestials and shit
>>
>>15027249

He's beat multiple Celestials at once in the past apparently, but isn't the biggest power in the Marvel universe by any stretch, since there's things like The One Above All at the very least. He just chumps out regularly to the F4 and the Avengers or whomever because the underdog always wins basically and there's no point introducing a threat unless it's defeated. They always manage to find some way to defeat him, even if by using suicide weapons like the Universal Nullifier. It severely undercuts his threat after two or three times.
>>
>>15026884
And you clearly don't know how Emperor works. It doesn't matter how powerful the attack is. It will either be neutralized or absorbed. End of story.
>>
>>15027530

If it didn't have a limit to what it could absorb, it wouldn't be forced to defend itself by neutralizing.

That implies it has weaknesses it is forced to defend. Weaknesses that can be taken advantage of.
>>
>>15027555
All of those assumptions are wrong.
>>
>>15027577

Why bother neutralizing an attack that can't hurt you?

Simple: you don't. You neutralize an attack because it would have caused harm for you if you didn't.

That means its not invulnerable.
>>
>>15027588
Again, you're assuming and you're wrong. The barrier makes Emperor impervious, but it also absorbs the energy. Being invulnerable doesn't mean you're weak.
>>
>>15026988
>in Shin, Arc, and Armageddon
in Will of Evolution, too.
In there, he got bigger than a galaxy a able to fight universal gods... literally using Evolution as a weapon, evolving beings over million of years to distract his opponent

And in Daikessen, when it was still just a big space-ship. That's the weakest we've seen Emperor, it was even just one ship and not all three.
>>
>>15027156
>If you want how nimble the Getter can be a perfect example is watch the opening to Daikessen which features no name new generation pilots.
what? no
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30aCyFc16EY

It's the original Getter Team, Benkei, Getter Go team and Getter Rekka team(which is composed by kunoichi chosen by the Getter Go professor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgn9ro9mJ-A ).

Still, speed-type forms are fast enough to leave after-images.

Also, you are forgetting that MANY Getter Fleet ships are as big as planets, not only Emperor
>>
>>15027249
Galactus was, by its own nature, weakened most of the time.
Celestials vary a lot in power: a well-fed Galactus could defeat any Celestial, but multiple Celestials might be a problem(depending on the Celestial)

That said, it's in the past: now Galactus evolved and we haven't seen his full might.
He's been tasked by the Eternity of the Multiverse to find who chained him and was shown punch the abstract representation of Order in the face and talk the abstract representation of Chaos in defeat.
>>
>>15025502
No, but they are know to hang out and play pool every Thursday.
>>
>>15025502
Pretty much. They are very similar imo. Even in the way that they're used in the story. Both Emperor and Galactus are like forces of nature that are inevitable. They don't really work in power wank battles the same way a standard protagonist/antagonist robot does.
>>
>>15025747
In which case the points here >>15025704 still stand.
>>
>>15026199
Vortex Blaster Demonbane did end up killing the BIG; And since all of the realities, fictions, and universes were all part of this deity dream, once that sucker goes down, so will all of existence.
>>
>>15024924
Aside from the forementioned Demonbane, Aquarion Logos could erase the concept of getter rays and growth, ending GE from that.
>>
>>15030155
Aquarion Logos would simply not exist and therefore would do nothing of the sort. Go away with your wankery.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.