[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /m/ even acknowledge this exists?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 19

Does /m/ even acknowledge this exists?
>>
>>15022716
Stop posting blank images.
>>
I thought OP had to include an image when starting a thread.
Must be a bug.
>>
>>15022716
Yes, better than the first by a mile, needed more secrets in the second half though and Emily going Char briefly was dumb
>>
If there was a sequel to E7, I'd say it should be very wary of not accidentally rendering the ending to the previous series totally moot.

Ofc. that'd never happen. I am sure the writers would have their shit together and do a good job by providing a cour that doesn't feel half-finished, with plots being dropped left and right- Or, god forbid, add in some dumb shit about time travel and alternae realities.
>>
I remember the concept soundtracks they released with that same name, they were amazing. If they make an E7 sequel, they should totally bring that guy back to do the soundtrack.
>>
>>15022716
/m/ have a mental block in their head to block the memories of AO. Hell mentioning the word "Truth" will send us in a primal screech of rage.
>>
I heard there was an E7 sequel, but that they retconned it out of existence.
>>
Personally I quite like ao. It was the first Eureka thing I watched though.
>>
File: what.png (25KB, 889x296px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
25KB, 889x296px
What am I supposed to be looking at?

It's a shit show of the highest order OP, and you're a faggot for bringing it up
>>
things like ginguiser enter this reality through these holes you make when you do this, op
>>
So is this better or worse than Macross Delta? Because while both have involvement from Kawamori, E7AO definitely has him at the right place as a mecha designer ONLY.
>>
>>15023072
AO is definitely worse than Delta. Delta would have to retroactively shit on the ending of SDF to be as bad as AO.
>>
File: Akari pondering.png (889KB, 756x715px) Image search: [Google]
Akari pondering.png
889KB, 756x715px
>>15022716
Can we be invisible friends OP?
>>
>>15023086
>Delta would have to retroactively shit on the ending of SDF to be as bad as AO.

It did do that though. In episode 19, the Arab dude tells everyone that music is just a form of mind control from the Protoculture.
>>
Did OP post a picture of Big Boss? Or maybe John Cena? Either way I don't see anything.
>>
Okay /m/, the joke is old, the anime was released and its not invisible
>>
>>15023133

Yeah, right. Next you'll tell me a Tsukihime anime exists.
>>
>>15023072
Funnily enough, the mecha design isn't bad at all in this series. The LFOs look pretty unique, and they're drawn pretty dynamically.
Generally the series does look pretty, both background and mechanical-wise. Characters have that soft, comfy style E7 had, and the only blemish are the Secrets with their shit tier alien design- And even then you get a few cool scenes with them.

Which is a puty because not even that can save a series from being utter bollocks. Delta may be idolshit or whatever you call it, but at leat it doesn't drop plot threads left and right. Or fucks over the protagonist, his friends and his family with a non-ending.
>>
>>15023139
it does
>>
>>15023166

YOU LIE
>>
it wasn't a flute
>>
>>15023223
nope
>>
Just as bad as the original Eureka Seven.

Eureka Seven had almost everything to one of the best anime of all time.

Superb Character Designs.
Superb Transformable Mecha Designs by Kawamori.
Good Music and BGM.

All they lacked was a good story and shouldn't have tried to be like Evangelion.

Renton was fucking bad as a main character. Author tried to do a Shinji Ikari 2.0 but failed miserably. What made Shinji good was that Anno knew how the character felt.
Renton was just a fucking bad attempt to imitate Shinji, that's it, the author didn't understand shit.
>>
>>15022716
The Nirvash was ok?
>>
File: 1343516210119.jpg (53KB, 704x528px) Image search: [Google]
1343516210119.jpg
53KB, 704x528px
>mfw I realized everything Eureka and Renton did was for naught
>>
>>15022716
Stop wasting image space with blank pics anon. Nirvash Neo was pretty cool. But other than that...
>>
File: Sis.jpg (490KB, 1633x1798px) Image search: [Google]
Sis.jpg
490KB, 1633x1798px
>>15023072
AO was bad. Like, not even mediocre, but legitimately bad in the sense that The Room is a bad movie. The plot changes every four episodes, the characters either get no development or get completely nonsensical development, and the latter half of the series is all about undoing everything that happened earlier in the series. The two redeeming features of AO are the music and the way it treated the love pentagon. And I guess the last two minutes of the ending, which would've made a better series than what we actually got. Or at least, would've been a not-shit version of what we got if we consider the Retgun to have been an interdimensional hyperdrive instead of just a Retgun.

Delta was just really mediocre. It's only on the level of IBO S1 or just below that. Serious pacing problems means the story goes nowhere fast. Characters are cookie-cutter archetypes except for Freyja. Interesting ideas are dropped without much exploration, or are expounded on to the point of utter inanity. At least Delta had a few good scenes.
>>
>>15022716
I liked the first half where it was motw with some background plot forming.
Some character interactions and action scenes were nice too.
It's honestly just the last third or half of the story that completely blows everyone out.
but in every other aspect the show was pretty good.
>>
>>15023633
>I liked the first half where it was motw with some background plot forming.
That's literally the worst part of the series before the retcon gun though.
>>
>>15022716
No.

Reminds me of Evangelion: when a show becomes a succes against expectations there's always a drive to milk it. Never ends well.
>>
File: Bernard.jpg (185KB, 1160x653px) Image search: [Google]
Bernard.jpg
185KB, 1160x653px
>>15022716

Doesn't look like anything to me.
>>
File: Untitled.png (470KB, 900x350px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
470KB, 900x350px
>>15022716
Here you go, anon.
>>
>>15024416

Close, but you need to put a box around it. So it looks like a rubber stamp!

>>15022716

It exists, I just try to forget about it because it was insultingly bad. It seems to take a perverse glee in setting up plotlines and then giving them the most anticlimactic un-payoff it possibly can, a trick it pulled like 5 or 6 times. Truth never gets his comeuppance despite getting hit by explicit one-hit-kill-instant-death attacks TWICE, Elena gets half a season of playing up her plot importance only to drop that plot in a stupid way, the Secrets give an obviously bullshit answer to their origins and motivations but the show never calls them on it, they re-use the plot of an episode twice and it plays out exactly the same way both times with no escalation or twists, they introduce stuff from the original show multiple times to build hype and then blow them up for no reason... the list goes on and on.

Its not an underwhelming show. Its an aggressively bad show. The kind of bad that only happens if whoever is in charge doesn't have anyone to tell them their ideas are stupid, or if they actively hate the material they are working with.
>>
>>15023342
>Renton was just a fucking bad attempt to imitate Shinji
You have to be legitimately ausitstic to think this.
>>
File: 1449309311058.jpg (31KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1449309311058.jpg
31KB, 600x600px
>>
File: Achknowledge what.png (102KB, 1350x712px) Image search: [Google]
Achknowledge what.png
102KB, 1350x712px
>>15022716

I can't be the only one going crasy...
>>
>>15025316

crazy*
>>
File: really.png (89KB, 1350x712px) Image search: [Google]
really.png
89KB, 1350x712px
>>15024416
>>
I don't remember any show, but I do remember a fantastic OST in spite of its show not existing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJdERiK97Z0
>>
>>15023530
>Characters are cookie-cutter archetypes except for Freyja
I dropped Delta at around episode 18, but from what I watched, Freyja was the most generic character in the entire cast. The only one that didn't feel like a complete stereotype was Hayate. Did I miss something in those last few episodes?
>>
>>15025339

That was a great fan-made parody. Whoever made that should quit his/her day job and be a composer in real life.
>>
>>15025128
>You have to be legitimately ausitstic to think this.
Its Aofag, what do you think? He is the only one who keeps defending this turd years after it aired
>>
File: 1420590559492.jpg (7KB, 244x238px) Image search: [Google]
1420590559492.jpg
7KB, 244x238px
I like how they had no fucking clue anymore by the end that the writers more or less made Ao commit suicide in the very last scene

It was a testament of how little fucks they gave about the actual plot
>>
>>15025493

And apparently, in the same action erased the secrets... or so the creators claim, despite the fact that no one says that in the show and it in fact contradicts Renton's entire plan. If erasing all secrets from the timeline was that easy, Renton wouldn't need to go back in time to specifically target the first Scub to erase all the scubs. And if all the secrets were erased from the timeline, Ao just killed every single person he has ever met or known other than his parents, because butterfly effect means none of them will ever be born now (Secrets have been showing up and doing shit for all of human history in Ao's timeline. Their removal means that all kinds of shit didn't happen now, starting at the very least thousands of years ago).
>>
>>15022716
Remember that part that where Eureka had an infant daughter who immediately painfully died after childbirth because human/Coralian hybrids can't survive in the atmosphere, effectively validating the anti-crossbreeding villain in the first season and taking away the whole point of Renton and Eureka fighting him?

That would be like a GSD sequel that revealed someone else sent the assassins, only it wouldn't be warranted.
>>
>>15026008
Remember when large parts of the world being thin enough on trapar that you couldn't even lift at all was a plot point in the original show? And that's before half of scub left? Good times.
>>
>>15025348
Freyja and Mirage are the least generic characters in the entire series.

Freyja's mannerisms, like her obsession with apples and her way of sprinkling randomness into her speech, while also being a driven and dedicated heroine who actually tries to reach out for her love, are pretty unique among the Macross heroines.

Mirage is unique because for all the things you think she'd do given the type of character she is, she never actually does any of them.
>>
>>15025493
>Ao commit suicide in the very last scene
What are you talking about? Clearly he was sailing on his trapar waves. Remember, he's half-Coralian and can generate his own Trapar to surf on.
>>
>>15026008
The Secrets were basically Dewey all along, trying to prevent Scub from violating the Limit of Questions in alternate universes.
>>
File: 1465791001988.png (435KB, 750x564px) Image search: [Google]
1465791001988.png
435KB, 750x564px
>>15026066
>like her obsession with apples and her way of sprinkling randomness into her speech

So she has absolutely no depth to her character, only SO RANDUM XDDDD personality quirks. Sounds like your typical modern day anime 'heroine' to me.

>for all the things you think she'd do given the type of character she is, she never actually does any of them.

Yeah, she never does anything at all, making her somewhere within the range of Flower girl in terms of how wildly ineffectual she is. What a cherish-able accomplishment.
>>
>>15026082
>personality quirks
What does that even mean?

Her "depth" is how she reconciles love, career, and racism.

>What a cherish-able accomplishment.
Flower Girl was pretty unique too. Nobody ever said being unique was a good quality.
>>
Did the writers of Astral Ocean hate Psalm of Planets?
>>
>>15026066
>like her obsession with apples
Not even a character trait; it's literally a function of her species.

>her way of sprinkling randomness into her speech
So you're saying being a moe genki ditz doesn't make her an absolute cardboard cutout?

>who actually tries to reach out for her love
Oh please. She had about as much initiative as Gamlin and was only a serious contender because her opponent had as much initiative as Ranka and was even less effectual. She doesn't even come close to Minmay in being proactive, let alone Sheryl.

>>15026128
>Her "depth" is how she reconciles love, career, and racism.
Again, unless I missed something, Freyja doesn't even think about any of those except for her career. And she only thinks about that for maybe the first four episodes. After that she just sings and makes faces and generally does about as much as Mirage.
>>
File: retconcannon.jpg (111KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
retconcannon.jpg
111KB, 1280x720px
>>15022716
it's like they're making fun of the viewers
>>
>>15026448
You missed a lot then. Most of Freyja's development is 16 and later.
>>
>>15026190
The most-credited writer, after the non-existent Yuichi Kato and Kakuto Takeyoshi, is Aikawa Sho.

Aikawa Sho wrote the script and screenplay for a lot of /m/-related anime including:

Genocyber
Kamen Rider Blade
Violence Jack 2
Hades Project Zeorymer
Martian Successor Nadesico (15 episodes,+ story editor)
Garo: Guren no Tsuki
Fullmetal Alchemist (30 episodes + Conqueror of Shamballa)
Casshan: Robot Hunter Casshern
Clockwork Fighters Hiwou's War
>>
File: 1438251448561.gif (3MB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
1438251448561.gif
3MB, 275x275px
>>15022716
I actually liked Ao. I just wish it wasn't connected to E7.
>>
>>15026472
You know, I was watching Hiwou Senki awhile back. Didn't get very far in, was much more boring than I thought it'd be.

I now know why

It's also the only thing on that list I've seen. I haven't watched Ao either.
>>
File: sea of colored clouds.webm (3MB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
sea of colored clouds.webm
3MB, 680x510px
>wasting time talking about some nonexistent, shitty, sequel series

Talk about the original E7 instead.
>>
>>15026544
But it was also shit
>>
File: spearheads.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
spearheads.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>15026552
ur shit
>>
>>15026190
I don't think it has anything to do with not liking the source, it think it runs into the similarly common problem of being a sequel to a show aimed at kids and young teens, and trying to make a sequel aimed at an older audience. The 'bad end' aspect of it almost certainly is meant to be dark and serious rather in intent, rather than trying to treat the original badly.

>>15026502
I thought similar. For the majority of the series I thought it was fine, if completely unexceptional. It's just reveal that comes about when Renton arrives that leaves a sour note on things.

I think it completely could have worked exactly the same as an original property not tied to E7
>>
>>15026595
>I think it completely could have worked exactly the same as an original property
It wouldn't have fixed wooden characters, misplaced political commentary, aggressive anticlimax resolution of every plotline or obnoxiously meandering plot progression.
>>
File: blah.jpg (156KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
blah.jpg
156KB, 960x720px
>>15026472
>Casshan: Robot Hunter Casshern

Good. Now I know which idiotic writer to blame for that awful jump cut in the first episode and not being able to see the actual Luna vs. Robot Army (with clothing damage) battle scene.
>>
>>15022825
>the show is so bad it retcons itself
The ending was poetry
>>
>>15028478
That's the director's choice though, and the storyboarder's choice. The writer just inserts the scene.
>>
>>15023342
Original Eureka Seven borrowed way more from Gundam 79 than Eva
>>
>>15023634
>That's literally the worst part of the series before the retcon gun though.
How? It's not even offensively bad there.

We get to see their world, are introduced to characters and factions, and we get a look at the secrets.
They begin dropping hints about Eureka and Renton, but leave that for the second half.
>>
>>15026070

The "explanation" that the secrets are some kind of naturally occurring antibodies the universe shits out to deal with the scub is such clear bullshit. First off, that's not how universes work. Second, the secrets are pretty blatantly artificial, to the point that you can plug computers into them and it interfaces apparently just fine.

And most importantly: there was a secret that was specially designed to shit out drones to attack human sized human shaped targets and nothing else. If the secrets were only popped out to fight the massive appearance of coral in the future, and then follows the scub on their various trajectories back in time, why the fuck is one of them built to fight humans? The secret shouldn't know what humans are, it has never encountered them before.
>>
>>15028521
I don't know, there's a vocal hatebase for that part of the series.
>>
>>15028753
Secrets are manifestations of the LImit of Questions as reached by humans in the far distant future. It knows everything mankind knows because a Secret is in essence a mankind.
>>
>>15028794
That's really not what the Limit of Questions is supposed to be. Limit of Questions it the breakdown on the physical universe due to overwhelming number of intelligent observants present (namely, scub coral who are primarily thought beings rather than physical ones). It's heavily paralleled with Blood Music's concept of intelligent microorganisms inherently transforming the planet because of a different way they perceive the universe, and the real application of the anthropic principle theory (as opposed to whatever horseshit they thought it was in the last episode of AO). It cannot manifestate as giant purple cocks of death. That just doesn't make any goddamn sense.

Then again some of the key setting rules of the original were only loosely hinted at and to be honest I don't think the director even understood fully what the fuck the writers even penned for them.
>>
>>15027318
Not the guy you replied to. The series was full of issues but I found it enjoyable enough to over look these issues. I thought it held up to the one standard that the previous series set and that was bat shit insane contentedness. It was very much so bad its good level of entertainment.
>>
>>15029447
I respect your opinion and think you are a cool dude, however, you are mistaken.
>>
>>15029447
>bat shit insane contentedness
I meant "convolutedness". Damned auto correct.
>>
File: 1462519784995.jpg (35KB, 293x364px) Image search: [Google]
1462519784995.jpg
35KB, 293x364px
>>15029448
Neat then. I'm glad we had this discussion.
>>
>>15023106
It was a slow build to that over Plus, 7, and Frontier.
>>
Remember when everyone thought the girl in the lower-left hand corner of >>15023530 was Talho and Holland's kid? Good times.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.