[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished this. Look like /m/ opinion was wrong once again.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: bp.jpg (292KB, 663x1000px) Image search: [Google]
bp.jpg
292KB, 663x1000px
Just finished this. Look like /m/ opinion was wrong once again.
>>
>>15022546
It is a quirky show no doubt. But I find that it really exemplified everything unique and interesting about Tomino direction and world building. The way that the mother/child relationship permeates every aspect of the show makes for a really dense and engaging experience.
>>
>>15022546
What's the hivemind opinion on this, exactly? I've seen it range anywhere from complete shit to complete masterpiece (as with literally every other title mentioned on here)
>>
>>15022558
From what I've gathered it's boring wich seems to be the opinion of most other anime community.

>>15022556
Yeah, that why I really loved about the show. However the typical Tomino's flaw are also very strong, so I suppose it's just a matter of wich you feel more strongly about.
>>
>>15022546
Brain Powerd just goes 2000% Tomino.
So Tomino-fags love it and Tomino-fags hate it.
It's as simple as that.
>>
>>15022623
I meant
>Tomino haters hate it*
>>
>>15022623
Why are kawamorifags and annofags so retarded?
>>
>People unironically call it an Eva clone
>>
>>15022546
The Brains are some of the best designs ever. Nagano decided to take some mushrooms and tree bark and somehow turned that into a mecha, and it somehow worked. Too bad they were too complex to be properly animated.
>>
>>15022546
>>15025309
Yeah, the designs are great.
>>
File: motherfucking Jonathan2.jpg (628KB, 640x2436px) Image search: [Google]
motherfucking Jonathan2.jpg
628KB, 640x2436px
>>15022546
>>
>>15022546
/m/ isn't a single person. Quit trying so hard.
>>
File: idunnolol.png (167KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
idunnolol.png
167KB, 640x480px
>>15028659
>>
File: motherfucking Jonathan.jpg (34KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
motherfucking Jonathan.jpg
34KB, 704x480px
>>15028663
>>
>>15028682
>bothyoursisterandmom.jpg
>>
>>15022546
>/m/ opinion was wrong once again
That it's an overall not so good show with a GOAT OST and some incredibly memorable moments?

Also B Plates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvSP6hM5PcI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC80QuCGHMw
>>
>>15025309
Nelly Brain best girl.

>Too bad they were too complex to be properly animated
More like the budget wouldn't allow for that, The fight scenes were literally IBO tier.

>>15025295
Idiots unironically call it an Eva clone.

FTFY
>>
So does anybody know where to download this shit?
>>
>>15030532
What's wrong with bakabt?
>>
>>15029630
>The fight scenes were literally IBO tier.

I disagree

https://youtu.be/jC2i0c21o8s
>>
>>15030663
That was the last episode which was great, with a few other moments were the exceptions.
>>
>>15030676

I can think of quite a few battles that were really good. I think it just takes a bit to accept that the Brains do just float around - which makes them essentially just stills moving across a background allot of the time, if not just appearing in random places because they can do short teleports. While that aspect makes it look jenky allot of the time, I think the fight choreography itself was almost always really good.
>>
>>15031194
> I think it just takes a bit to accept that the Brains do just float around - which makes them essentially just stills moving across a background allot of the time

It was certainly designed to have cheap animated battles. The issue is that the editing and choregraphy were lazy, a toddler crashing two plastic toys into each other would be more exciting to watch. Also when a cheao video game with limited animation manages to make the brain/gc fighting style more dynamic, you have a problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jwEVxOjI4k
>>
>>15032052
>The issue is that the editing and choregraphy were lazy, a toddler crashing two plastic toys into each other would be more exciting to watch.

Eh, I just don't see it. I thought that the choreography was pretty good to really good almost all the time. Certainly more interesting stuff happened than the repeated stock footage of a SRW game. I was watching BP and playing that SRW at the same time actually.
>>
>>15030532
There's this amazing thing called a search engine.
>>
>>15022546
>/m/ was wrong about something.
When have we been wright?
>>
it's fucking retarded but damn if Johnathan doesn't make the show fun as fuck to watch
>>
>>15032369
I remember when MJP and Valvrave were coming out /m/ was raving about MJP and was like IT SAVED MECHA

Honestly I thought MJP was garbage with like two entertaining fights and that Valvrave was far more entertaining and watchable in the long run and even though Valvrave was a trainwreck and only became more of one in s2, fuck me it was a good trainwreck.
>>
>>15032433
MJP was great whenever Rape Prince was around and mostly mediocre the rest of the time.

>Valvrave was far more entertaining and watchable in the long run
VVV was painfully tedious and boring whenever some outrageous asspull wasn't happening. And despite its reputation, the crazy asspulls only made up for a small ampin of screentime.
>>
>>15022546
It made more sense to me faster than Eureka 7 did.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.