[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 14

>make a super weapon with a learning computer
>take that learning computer and put its data in a new shell
>new shell is completely fucking mediocre

Literally how
>>
File: IMG_3397.jpg (221KB, 507x758px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3397.jpg
221KB, 507x758px
>>
>>15019202
What are you talking about? By all means and in well-on every department the GM outperformed every Zeek suit currently deployed. It literally won the Federation the war and would essentially remain a mainstay of it for years as the RGM line continued for decades in endless successors and upgrades to them.

The only true problem the GM has is that it exists to be in trouble. It is intended to give the good guys an army to job with, but statistically and canonically it's a fine machine.
>>
>>15019202
It needed to be cheaper and easier to mass produce.
>>
File: 19-1.jpg (2MB, 1692x1605px) Image search: [Google]
19-1.jpg
2MB, 1692x1605px
>>15019202
>mediocre
The "new shell" beat just about everything but the Gelgoog and maybe the Dom on land.
>>
File: 485523.jpg (64KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
485523.jpg
64KB, 640x640px
>>15019210
Light armor GMs are underappreciated as fuck
>>
>>15019202

To mass produce and overwhelm in numbers.

That is the battle tactic that the Federation knows best, and going purely off of the original series, that is all they cared about. And I assume that the higher ups thinking was something along the lines of "If one of our GM's can destroy one of their units on average, we're satisfied"

Sure side stories have them playing with other proto-types and ace's, but essentially the only thing the Federation wanted was a large group of disposable units with superior fire power to the majority of what they were fighting. And even then, the GM's were still superior to the bulk of Zeon's Zaku II forces.

And the whole basis of the learning computer was to analyze the Zeon mobile suits to make it easier for new pilots to combat them, since it would know the relative speed, tactics, and weakness of anything the Gundam had fought, giving even rookie pilots an edge in combat.

This is something that is noted to have hurt Zeon, as by the time they had the Gelgoog produced, there was not many experienced pilots left, and lots of rookies without combat experience. If they had similar info, they probably would have done a lot better... But that was only limited to the Feddies.
>>
>>15019202
>gundamrager
>pretending to be me

Also the GM has to be the ugliest machine in all of gundam
>>
File: Vagan-gear.png (36KB, 561x415px) Image search: [Google]
Vagan-gear.png
36KB, 561x415px
>>15019296
>the ugliest machine in all of gundam

Did someone call my name?
>>
>>15019296
Your opinions are so fucking delusional they're not even opinions anymore. ugliest MS in the entire franchise? Maybe the most plain for sure but ugliest? You're probably gonna say that for at least 3 other MS in some other thread because you're an autistic crybaby shitposter
>>
File: GM light armor.jpg (220KB, 1200x1644px) Image search: [Google]
GM light armor.jpg
220KB, 1200x1644px
>>15019266
>>
File: GM light armor 2.jpg (53KB, 325x575px) Image search: [Google]
GM light armor 2.jpg
53KB, 325x575px
>>
>buttfucks 95% of Zeon hardware
>Dom armor can't stop them from murking
>Gelgoogs can't outrun them in space
>Zakus literally don't have a chance unless it's a prototype
>Specialized variants wreck -everything-

>mediocre
The GM literally won the war. The only problem was a shift in the way wars in UC were fought. The OYW was the last of its kind, leaving the only necessary units to be limited production, high performance fuckbaskets that mass-production units like the GM can't even compete with.
>>
>>15019448
>implying I'm a shitposter

I'm here to clean up /m/ buddy
And I'm here to stay
>>
>>15019202

>mediocore
>GM and its inspired descendents kept on winning against spacenoids MUH IDEALS until the dissolution of the EF.

The cure to spacenoids is the GM.
>>
>>15019401
What even is that and why haven't I seen it? It's not G or X Gundam is it?
>>
>>15019556
It's from AGE
>>
File: Vagan-gear-sid.png (55KB, 590x430px) Image search: [Google]
Vagan-gear-sid.png
55KB, 590x430px
>>15019556
That's Vagan Gear, a superweapon of the Vagans from Gundam AGE that came out of absolutely nowhere for about a third of a fight before getting taken over by and fused with the AI-controlled mobile armor SID (which again, came out of nowhere) and rampaged around the battlefield causing destruction to both sides so that there could be some "working together against a greater threat" solution to making peace between the Federation and the Vagans. AGE's ending was not very well paced. That said, I think Vagan Gear SID actually looks kind of cool. It didn't do much that was impressive, actually less than either of the component mobile weapons that went into it, but it looked neat.
>>
If Amuro or Kamille got in a GM, would plot armor and newtype shenanigans make it just as good as the actual gendem
>>
File: Rgm-79.jpg (25KB, 271x500px) Image search: [Google]
Rgm-79.jpg
25KB, 271x500px
I like the GM a lot but I never cared much for the 70s version. Everything in that show would often have a serious vibe of "DRrRRR I LIKE CHOCOLATE MILK"
>>
>>15019800
Not necessarily- OYW Amuro at his prime could have a lot of trouble with an unmodified GM owing to how slowly it'd react for his reflexes. Otherwise, despite the downgrades in power, I think Amuro wouldn't have too much trouble.

Kamille I wouldn't be as sure about, but this is mainly because there are several GMs for us to put him in and what I'd presume the differences would be between the Zeta, GM II, and Nemo would be. The GM II especially I would expect not to do well under Kamille. I think his performance in a Nemo would be fine.

If we put them both in the highest power GMs available during their piloting days, that is, GM IIIs and Jegans, I also don't think they'd be held back too badly.
>>
>>15019816
>tfw that's my favorite GM
;_;
>>
>>15019547

We know it's you, Snapshit.
>>
>>15019202
It's not mediocre. It's a late OWY suit with great specs (yes, better than Zaku II).

It's also one of the most successful in terms of deployment numbers and evolutionary tree. The GM probably has spawned the most mobile suit variety, everything from the Jegan to the GM III and various others that you wouldn't even guess were related. Pretty much every mass-produced federation suit ties back to the GM in some way.

Just because it can't kick ass and take out ten Zaku in a row the way that Gundam can, doesn't mean it's a mediocre suit. Not every suit can be a sue, most are grunts and this one is a pretty damn good grunt.
>>
>>15019912
Speaking only in the OYW it's better than pretty much anything short of a Gelgoog or super prototype.
>>
>>15019266
>>15019455
>>15019458
damn, orange fits the GM so much better than red
>>
File: e0037268_4847e44f9701a.jpg (33KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
e0037268_4847e44f9701a.jpg
33KB, 360x480px
>>
File: 62539l.gif (11KB, 240x340px) Image search: [Google]
62539l.gif
11KB, 240x340px
>>
File: picture-61.png (171KB, 485x511px) Image search: [Google]
picture-61.png
171KB, 485x511px
>>15019979
All I see are Bucs GMs
>>
File: CzmyDGpVIAAvytm.jpg (81KB, 600x838px) Image search: [Google]
CzmyDGpVIAAvytm.jpg
81KB, 600x838px
>>
>>15019202

>mediocore
>better than everything but a gelgoog and dom
>>
>>15019728
I like the alien feel it has.
AGE had so many great designs.
>>
>>15022510
Dom only outdoes it theoretically in land speed, and GMs, while below Gundam jumping capabilities, can still jump good. In space, where most of the fighting was done between Doms and GMs, we already know the winner.

Even on land, the Light Armor GM, which is getting a lotta love IIT, was made to outdo and compete against the Dom.
>>
File: GDS-3814-17[1].jpg (52KB, 496x600px) Image search: [Google]
GDS-3814-17[1].jpg
52KB, 496x600px
>>15019816
I liked the 1990's GM/master grade 1.0
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.