[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rogue One

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 48

File: swce2016-at-act.jpg (19KB, 262x247px) Image search: [Google]
swce2016-at-act.jpg
19KB, 262x247px
Only a few days until the most /m/ Star Wars film yet. Who's hype?
>>
>>15018361
Eeeeeeeeh, maybe?
>>
>>15018361

Initial reports suggest it's pretty good. They're almost certainly biased though, just by getting people who are likely to love it or favourably review it in early. It doesn't even have to be a conscious thing, since the first people to push to see a thing will probably like it just by nature of pushing to see it. I'm thinking of going to see it for the action and setting, but the dialogue in the trailers is pretty awful and off putting.
>>
>>15018364
>no Jedi
>new stormtrooper armors
>tanks
>grunt wank
I would have thought /m/ would be all over this.
>>
>>15018361
>Only a few days until the most /m/ Star Wars film yet. Who's hype?

I don't give a shit. Star Wars is dead.
>>
>>15018371

Contrary to vocal opinion some people actually enjoy the fantastical elements of fantasy. Even space fantasy. And mostly, or only enjoy the more mundane pieces when contrasted against the fantastical.
>>
They opened a new fancy 3d cinema in my city, I might give it a shot on the weekend.
>>
The grrrl power woman rebel passes me off.
>>
>>15018361
Is Rogue One the IBO of the Star Wars franchise?
>>
>>15018371
after the amount of prequel hate resurgance last year I lost all possible hype
>>
>>15018391
No, it's a one off set between 2 previous installments that starts, plays out and ends before it can overlap any established plot points.
So it's more like Sentinel or AoZ that all conveniently end with all the tech destroyed and characters fade into the background.
>>
I feel like at this point at least 4 or 5 separate groups stole the Death Star plans. Imperial security sucks.
>>
>>15018391
>Is Rogue One the IBO of the Star Wars franchise?

Look who has got the franchise man. It's fucking Disney. They will milk it until the end of time. One film per year. And then when people won't give a shit direct to video/streaming whatever..
>>
>>15018410

We know it does. It has since Luke and co broke Leia out of the Death Star in A New Hope. It's more likely an indication Rebels are boastful and half a dozen of them are claiming to have done the same thing different ways.
>>
It will probably be the same old stuff with a few uninspired additions like it was in TFA.

Now maybe they could possibly do something interesting with that, but I don't really have any hope left.
>>
>Star Wars after Disney's acquisition
>>
>>15018429
yeah where's the teddy bears beating up bad guys
where's the endless senate debates
whats this space action movie shit
>>
File: 1479498781031.png (363KB, 424x444px) Image search: [Google]
1479498781031.png
363KB, 424x444px
>>15018433
>>
>>15018371
>"Death Troopers"
>"grunts"
>Rogues
>"grunts"
>>
>>15018421
It doesn't you mongoloid. Did you conviently forget the part in ANH where Tarkin and Vader intentionally let Luke and the others escape and even sacrificed a few Tie-Fighters sent to "destroy" the Falcon to make the act of their escape that much more believable?

Tarkin and Vader did this because they had a homing beacon on the Falcon to track it to the secret Alliance base in the Yavin system. So no, Imperial security does not "suck" and basing it off Vader and company allowing the Rebels to get out was the reason they were allowed to leave.

>>15018410
Original/Pre-Disney Star Wars continuity and canon: Kyle Katarn carried the stolen Death Star technical/data plans from the original Rebel team to the Alliance headquarters.

Rebel Assault 1 also has the MC participating in the Battle of Yavin but it was clearly non-canon even back then.
>>
I'm sick of anti-white shit.

Where is my Empire nuking rebels: the movie?
>>
>>15018361
No, TESB/RoTJ/RoTS are the most /m/. Luke becomes a cyborg at the TESB. We have two cyborgs fighting each other in RoTJ as well as AT-STs, and Stormtroopers + Imperial Army soldiers vs Rebel commandos and guerillas. RoTS has Anakin loosing his remaining limbs, put into a cybernetic iron lung and having fully robotic limbs and becoming a space samurai with a beam saber.
>>
>>15018458

Vader and Tarkin only took advantage of something that was already happening due to lax security. Even before they allowed Luke and company to escape, Luke and company had already snuck off the Falcon and in to the Cell Blocks to free Leia. And Kenobi had slipped in to the tractor beam array and turned it off without anyone being aware.
>>
>>15018433
Ewoks were losing the battle until Han hijacked that AT-ST thanks to Chewie. I don't remember any "endless" senate debate but you probably suck off RLM with your fellow redditors.

>>15018465
>happening due to lax security
Nice lies.
>>
File: Rogue one.jpg (172KB, 2392x524px) Image search: [Google]
Rogue one.jpg
172KB, 2392x524px
>>15018425
I see so many people on 4chan like this that already hate it, like they wanted Rogue One to be Call of Duty meets Star Wars.

And Gamergate people that hate the female lead and the diversity of the cast..

I'm looking forward to Rogue One. Classic Stormtroopers, classic X-wing dogfights, It will be worth the nostalgia buzz alone.
>>
>>15018465
They were captured as soon as they were in range of the Death Star's tractor beam, unable to escape or break free. As soon as their disguises were found and the detention block firefight broke out, their nearly killed in a trash compactor chute and the only reason their allowed back access to the Falcon is because of Tarkin wanted their escape to be more believable.

The overwhelming narrative is they would not have escaped if Tarkin and Vader did not want them to since their ultimate priority was locating and destroying the main hidden Rebel base.

Obi-Wan using the Force and being a legendary Jedi Master is the outlier but hardly unexplainable. Watch the fucking movie.

>>15018472
It has nothing to do with any of that. TFA was a bad movie. I have higher hopes for Rogue One though.
>>
Some ep 8 set pics of the Falcon at the Jedi Temple
>>
>>15018461
Right here:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU
>>
>>15018474
>>
>>15018466

What's a lie about Han, Luke and Chewie breaking in to the Dentention Blocks or Obi-Wan turning off the tractor beam? Or do you think it's perfectly acceptable that someone should be able to do that and it's just not something security should be expected to catch?
>>
>>15018480
Are you really incapable of reading comprehension?
>>
>>15018478
>>
>>15018472

>durrrr if you don't like the female lead and diverse cast you're some gamergater

Look man I'm just tired of every fucking movie now requiring some female character who is all grrrrl power being aggressive and smirking and slapping everyone's shit like a Dragonball Z character. It's just stupid, and it only gets worse because they keep pushing it.

Same for the "diversity." I am tired of characters being black or whatever the fuck for no reason other than some faggot somewhere saying "it's too white." Black Heimdall is stupid, not because I hate niggers but because black Heimdall is stupid.

Don't you realize that the people who hate this shit don't hate it due to some ideological bias, but because they are sick of other people forcing their ideological bias into these movies?
>>
>>15018484

Are you incapable of explaining your argument?
>>
>>15018486
>im a mad babby because more and more movies these days don't cater specifically to me anymore
>>
File: 1311568830265.jpg (145KB, 500x646px) Image search: [Google]
1311568830265.jpg
145KB, 500x646px
I liked Rogue One. Fuck the hivemind.
>>
Trek > Wars
>>
>>15018487
I did, you are just too stupid, newfriend.
>>
>>15018486

What difference does Heimdall's skin color make to anything? Why is him being Black stupid, yet him being White fine? Why do you care if someone is forcing diversity instead of forcing conformity?
>>
>>15018496
What did you like about it?
>>
>>15018486
Why do you care if some character is a girl or a black person?
>>
File: 1471672745695.jpg (162KB, 1301x1419px) Image search: [Google]
1471672745695.jpg
162KB, 1301x1419px
>>
>>15018497
Babylon 5 > rest
>>
>>15018508

Because Heimdall is "the whitest of the gods," and a Nordic deity, so him being white makes sense, while him being black does not make sense.

>>15018510

Because every "strong female character" is the fucking same.
>>
File: 1383491810176.jpg (92KB, 534x1126px) Image search: [Google]
1383491810176.jpg
92KB, 534x1126px
>>15018508
>"White people are bad and movies should be more anti-white as possible."
>>
File: mfalcon.jpg (2MB, 2137x1855px) Image search: [Google]
mfalcon.jpg
2MB, 2137x1855px
>>
>>15018504

Your explanation was "it's lies". My question was, what part of it was lies. You've yet to respond. Unless you're >>15018473, in which case I didn't respond yet because I wanted to wait for a more complete answer before responding to both at once, but to which the short answer is that the Falcon was captured per routine security but Han, Luke, Chewie and Obi-Wan evaded personal capture by using an old smuggling trick and simply hiding - then knocking out and dressing up as Stormtroopers. Which is lax security. And for a legendary Jedi Master, Obi-Wan didn't use the Force much. He used it once to distract a guard if I recall. The rest was just regular old subterfuge. Also, consider that stormtroopers let the droids escape in the beginning and again only chased them down because of higher orders. The overwhelming narrative is that Imperial Security is pretty lax and only really screws down when being pushed and watched from above.
>>
>>15018433
>hating ewoks
>>
>>15018511
I have this figure. Most fun/good-looking toy I've held in a while.
>>
File: empire ilm models.jpg (3MB, 2977x1861px) Image search: [Google]
empire ilm models.jpg
3MB, 2977x1861px
>>
>>15018521
>>15018528
Resize your images.
>>
>>15018486

It's the decline of the american super-white majority. It's left a lot of people super uncomfortable because they're witnessing changes faster than they expected.

It's quite stupid actually, but it's actually even MORE obvious in entertainment because if you go back a few decades, the majority of hollywood catered to almost exclusively white casts but now updated itself to reflect the new very real demographic changes.
>>
>>15018361
I haven't been to the movies in years and there's not much about Rogue One that really sells me a ticket besides maybe some TIE Fighter and AT-ST stuff, but I can get that from video games.
I'll just catch the fight scenes when they eventually land on youtube.
>>
>>15018522
>Stormtroopers let the droids escape in the begining
No, they didn't. Not even the same anon but you're full of it now utterly. They detected no life signs in the escape pod ejected from the Alliance starship and the gunners were about to blow it up before the officer dismissed them.

>getting jumped is lax security
Go ahead and keep making up your own head canon and ignore what Tarkin said about letting the Rebels escape. Or not answering or giving a rebuttal on the Falcon's capture in the first place which I saw you didn't answer that anon on earlier.

The question wasn't even on the main cast getting on the Death Star, the question was on why they were *ALLOWED* to escape. You clearly do not know what you are talking about much less trying to buffer your argument on a Jedi Master whose displayed the ability to mentally influence other peoples minds with telepathy.

There is no "overwhelming" narrative, its just you projecting false information and misrepresenting events to form your own nonsensical claims.
>>
>>15018516

Which is only a single part of the old Norse mythology. A mythology the comics already heavily edit to suit their own purposes. What, they can edit it to make Thor a superhero or use science-fiction staples like dimensional travel and wormholes, but can't touch the skin color or just make the Gods not care about skin color without stepping over the line?

>>15018518

> implying anyone here said that
>>
File: ilm star destroyer.jpg (3MB, 3344x2229px) Image search: [Google]
ilm star destroyer.jpg
3MB, 3344x2229px
>>15018531
Why? I hate small pics
>>
>>15018538
>implying
Not even, faggot.
>>
>>15018539
Because it takes fucking forever to load on my third world tier internet connection.
>>
>all these fags worked up over fairy tales for old vikings and modern nerds
>>
>>15018553
>why are people getting upset their heritage is being shitted on by hollywood
>>
>>15018533
The least they could do is hire actors with actual talent. Nobody threw a fit about Lando because Billy Dee could actually act and show charisma.
>>
File: atats models.jpg (1MB, 1912x1582px) Image search: [Google]
atats models.jpg
1MB, 1912x1582px
>>
>>15018559
Nobody threw a fit, period because the internet didn't exist then.
>>
>>15018555
it's make-believe shit not a historical document about make-believe shit from the age of the dinosaurs

learn the difference between the two
>>
>>15018559
At least the new female lead in Rogue One doesn't look like a human-reptile hybrid like Daisy did in TFA.
>>
>>15018538

OK how would you feel if I made a movie about Pancho Villa who was the swarthiest fucking Mexican with a glorious Mexi-mustache and I decided to cast Dolph Lungdren or Andrew Garfield or someone else who looks nothing like him in that role?

You wouldn't like it, and you're full of shit if you're going to say that you'd be fine with it. And Mexicans would be outraged. And they would be perfectly right to be outraged. And everyone would back them up.

Heimdall is THE WHITEST GOD and he's played by Idris Elba. Now, I like Idris Elba. But there is literally no reason to make Heimdall black, while there would be a reason to make him white(he is the whitest god, remember, from the land of the whitest white people out there). So the casting of Idris Elba as Heimdall was PURELY so some shithead could get his diversity fetish rocks off. It's pointless, except that some faggots wanted to stick it to whitey by making the whitest god black.

That shit is forced. It's forced when people stick in all this diversity bullshit, girl power feminist bullshit, for no reason. These things don't contribute to the story, they just add in some shitty cliche. Like you know Rogue One is going to have a scene where the strong female rebel woman does a cool thing and kicks some ass and does a one liner and then there's a reaction shot or something to show how impressed people in-universe are by what a badass cool woman she is. And you know it's going to go down like that, because in modern movies that's how it goes down, that's how it always is, because a bunch of feminists will whine if it isn't. And it's cliche, forced, and stupid, especially because it's now in every movie.

And you can talk all you want about how "it's not hurting anything" "why does it matter if they're black" but it's not HELPING anything either, so why keep shoving that shit in? Fuck off.
>>
>>15018572
>"its not important to me so it shouldn't be important to you"
Stunning argument dude, truly a captivating appeal there. So you are truly okay with the cast of Marco Polo being played largely by Asians and Middle Easterners because its accurate as a representation of Kublai Khan's court but Nordic Gods being replaced with black and asian actors is alright?

That's dumb.
>>
File: 1260150304432.jpg (850KB, 2229x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1260150304432.jpg
850KB, 2229x1000px
>>
>>15018575
>Pancho Villa who was the swarthiest fucking Mexican with a glorious Mexi-mustache and I decided to cast Dolph Lungdren
that would be fucking awesome
>>
>>15018559
>Implying if the Internet existed in the 1980's that there wouldn't be the same idiotic /pol/fags whining about 'forced diversity' and 'niggers in my Star Wars'
>>
>>15018584

Alright that would fucking rule, but you see my point here.
>>
>>15018575
>Pancho Villa
I'm pretty sure he's real and not an old folktale.
>>
>>15018536

> They detected no life signs

Oh, so because security didn't think to look for droids despite the fact they're everywhere and often used to carry information in Star Wars the security isn't at fault? Or is because I referred to naval officers as stormtroopers carelessly when I should have differentiated them properly?

> getting jumped is lax security

It is. If you're security system can be compromised like that then there's a problem. There's no security system in reality that has "oh, unless our guys get jumped - then all bets are off, we don't know what could happen" clause.

> the question was on why they were *ALLOWED" to escape

Actually, it wasn't. The original point was that even in the original security was lax and Luke and company's rescue of Leia was used to illustrate the point, with another anon aruging that it was only because Vader and Tarkin planned it, which isn't true since they only took advantage of something already happening and allowed it go off. A lot of it is still due to security not being all that great in the first place.

> much less trying to buffer your argument on a Jedi Master whose displayed the ability to mentally influence other people's minds with telepathy

Except again, he didn't do it simply by that - that was only one step in his plan, and most of it was just him sneaking in to the right area. Which is, again, a security concern.

> There is no "overwhelming" narrative

I agree actually, since overwhelming is too strong a word. The opinion it leaves of stormtroopers efficiency is pretty low though. Which is probably part of why the common idea of them is that they're stupid and have bad aim.
>>
File: 1450726770520.jpg (339KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1450726770520.jpg
339KB, 2560x1440px
>>
>>15018497
>>
>>15018595
>>
>>15018593
>Oh
Because their following standard operating procedures, retard.
>If
No ifs there, you moron. The scanning crew was going to find them despite the hidden cargo holds so Han, Chewie, and Luke jumped them from under the floorboards. That does not strengthen your claim. You need to stop trying to shift the goal posts.
>Except again he didn't do that
Except he did in the film and most of what he's doing is off-screen and explained further in the novel that he was using the Force to remain hidden. Which is still canon.
>The opinion it leaves of stromtrooper efficiency is pretty low.
It doesn't. Again, your head canon and not supported by the film. They were never going to escape Vader or the Stormtroopers except through Tarkin's orders, they were captured against their will by the same force earlier, and they only escaped because Tarkin allowed them to.

You are wrong.
>>
>>15018575

> You wouldn't like it, and you're full of shit if you're going to say that you'd be fine with it.

Thank Heimdall I have you to tell me how I feel about it I guess, since personally I wouldn't give a shit and would be more concerned about whether the action, plot, characters etc. are good rather than the race of the guy playing Pancho Villa.

> he is the whitest God

If they really went for it than only Albinos would be able to play him or it'd be racially insensitive to Whitest Whites to make him a regular White guy instead and just as bad as giving the role to Black actor.

> it's not HELPING anything either

Actually, it is. There's plenty of Black people who like seeing their heroes look like them. It's not a huge help and there's certainly other stuff to do, but it's not completely ineffective either.
>>
>>15018586
Well it didn't, so what's your point? That people have different opinions and congregate around others with shared viewpoints? Well, that's not new at all.
>>
>>15018600
>There's plenty of Black people who like seeing their heroes look like them. It's not a huge help and there's certainly other stuff to do, but it's not completely ineffective either.

So there are blacks whose hero is Heimdall?

Get the fuck outta here.

Stupid fucking logic, too. I'm a big fan of Batman but I'm not white. I don't care that he's white. I don't need to see Mexican Batman. Maybe blacks should get over themselves and stop being babies.
>>
>>15018605
>Get the fuck outta here.
that's pretty much the response about anybody who does anything of any value to anyone giving a shit about Heimdall
>>
File: zorrolegendlogo.jpg (51KB, 967x1161px) Image search: [Google]
zorrolegendlogo.jpg
51KB, 967x1161px
>>15018605
>I don't need to see Mexican Batman.
you should
shit's so cunning and free
>>
>>15018608

Sorry SJW, you don't get to dismiss opposing viewpoints just because you can't argue against them with the old "racist" card.

>>15018609

Come on bro he's not even dressed as an animal, he's just suave.
>>
>>15018611
nobody said racist
just like nobody said Heimdall in any real conversation because nobody gives a fuck about old dead gods of old dead people
>>
>>15018599

> they're following standar operating procedures

So what? Those operating procedures are still insecure.

> The scanning crew was still going to find them

Which is why they also jumped them before they could be found. And which is, again, bad security since "our guys got jumped" isn't a particularly reassuring explanation.

> You need to stop trying to shift the goalpost

You mean the goalpost of "security has been lax since the first film"? I haven't shifted it an inch.

> Except he did

Thank you for editing my comment to leave out the important clause and then acting like your responding to my point

> your head canon is not supported by the film

Your apparent canon that he brought down the tractor beam by messing with one guy's mind and only used Jedi mind tricks to do it isn't either.

> They were never going to escape Vader or the Stormtroopers except through Tarkin's orders

Actually, we simply don't know. We never see that scenario, so we have no idea whether they would or not.
>>
>>15018480
Bud-- the "lie" is you're saying the security was lax. The truth is that security was tight as fuck.

sneaking around, powering down the tractor beam, escaping the trash compactor, surviving the snub fighter fight was all JUST AS PLANNED by Vader and Tarkin.

Tarkin expresses his reluctance to go along with the plan, but ultimately trusts Vader made the right call in proposing the plan.

Wasn't it in Shadows of the Empire that Xizor first suggested leaking the plans so the rebels could "steal" them? It was Vader back then who expressed his doubt the plan would be fruitful.
>>
>>15018605

> there are blacks whose hero is Heimdall?

There certainly are following the film, yes.

> I don't care about race, therefor no-one should

Good argument.
>>
>>15018614

Then no one should give a fuck about fictional people in a fictional universe, so you can't actually say anything is wrong about my opinion that having all these forced feminist and black characters in Star Wars is stupid. Because by your logic since these people don't exist none of it matters, so my opinion cannot be criticized, because "who cares lol."

In which case, why are you here? Why are you replying to me?

You see how that works out?
>>
>>15018619

> sneaking around, powering down the tractor beam, escaping the trash compactor, surviving the snub fighter fight was all JUST AS PLANNED by Vader and Tarkin.

At least half of that wasn't "JUST AS PLANNED" at all and was instead "well it's already happened, but we can take advantage of this".
>>
>>15018622
who cares lol
>>
>>15018620

Maybe blacks should stop being so fucking racist, then?

I mean according to you it's extremely important for blacks that their heroes look like them. So important, in fact, that movies have to cater to them and this tiny minority of 15% of Americans have to subject the other 85% of people in the country who are not black as well as countless others across the world to having black characters everywhere because they can't take their heroes not being black, it mentally upsets them that much.

So you could have five black guys, one born in an American ghetto, one born in England who's the son of a doctor, one born in Africa whose parents were killed by ebola, and one born in a galaxy far far away, and one who's a fucking ancient alien god, and these guys are all the same to black people because they're black just like they are.

That's what you're saying, right? And that's OK, while I am wrong because I care more about the cohesion of the movie and setting and who the characters are, rather than that they look like me. That's what you think, right? That's where you're going?
>>
>>15018622
>"""forced characters"""
Wow it's like I'm on /a/
>>
>>15018629
Damn, son. You mad.
>>
>>15018391
first 3 is UC MSG/Z/ZZ
prequel is G/W/X
newest trilogy are unicorn but a million times worse
>>
>>15018629
>the cohesion of the movie and setting
So how do aliens REALLY look then since you're so assblasted over those make-believe aliens.
>>
>>15018629
>cohesion of the movie and setting
So you're saying there are not supposed to be black people in star wars
Ok
>>
>>15018643

Well, Heimdall would obviously be white.
>>
>>15018629

> according to you it's extremely important

Actually, no it isn't. Note that the wording I used was that it wasn't a huge help and there was other shit to do but it wasn't ineffective either. No part of that suggests "extremely important".

> That's what you think, right? That's where you're going?

No. >>15018600

> I wouldn't give a shit and would be more concerned about whether the action, plot, characters etc. are good than the race of the guy playing

I'm not pushing for diversity casting. I just don't care when it happens because there are more important factors to a film in my opinion than the race or gender of the people being cast.
>>
>>15018648
I think he's saying there are not supposed to be black people in space god superheros.
Big difference.
>>
>>15018472
I never liked Call of Duty because it didn't let you use vehicles in multiplayer (except in the first one). A thing I loved in the old Battlefront games was being able to use the Star Wars vehicles you saw in the movies (and even some that you didn't, like the imperial tanks).

However I doubt we'll see much of that in Rogue One as they'll probably use most of the movie to build on the disposable characters they've been marketing until now. My guess is that most of the big scale action shown in the trailer will only be quickly skimmed through like it was the case in Revenge of The Sith (outside of Coruscant Battle).

But hey, I could be wrong.
>>
>>15018650
I'm thinking Thai, actually.
>>
>>15018371

Star Wars is dead and its corpse has been politicized for a progressive agenda, who cares.
>>
I'm just here for the model kits

Unfortunately Bandai doesn't seem to have an official portmanteau for the Star Wars Vehicle Model Kits like Gundam Models for GunPla
>>
>>15018665

Would he also be a ladyboy?
>>
>>15018650
the fictional character of the Marvel Cinematic Universe is whatever they make him

you're confusing that character with the character from folklore that he's loosely based on

it's like crying about Robin Hood the furry having the wrong color hair from the pseudo-historical figure

it's an easy mistake to make
>>
File: YLM.jpg (33KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
YLM.jpg
33KB, 600x600px
>>15018629
Not the person you're arguing/discussing with, however I'll say this:

unless a character's gender or race is critical to the character him/herself, then it doesn't matter what they look like or who they are. Its just a crap shoot on what the creator felt like doing at the time.

In the case of Batman-- does it matter he's a male? Bat"man" implies yes it does.

Does it matter if he's white? Unless Bruce Wayne derives some sort of power or benefit from being white, it really doesn't matter what race he is.

For Iron Man, "Iron Heart" is literally a different character carrying on the torch.

For Thor, its whomever is worthy gets the power, right? For green lantern, it literally doesn't fucking matter-- its whomever gets a ring.
>>
File: 1479006619775.jpg (389KB, 1284x980px) Image search: [Google]
1479006619775.jpg
389KB, 1284x980px
>>15018666
>Whatever. Han dies and Luke is pissing of a cliff. Who cares.
>>
>whites don't realize they are a global minority
>They also don't realize they are the WHINIEST minority, to the point of complaining about other people's problems when they can't complain enough about their own, and have a unique need to be mercilessly pandered to

loving
every
lel
>>
>>15018673
>Does it matter if he's white? Unless Bruce Wayne derives some sort of power or benefit from being white, it really doesn't matter what race he is.

Well he has been white for like 80 years.
>>
>>15018682
Sure that's tradition. It simply does not matter-- its the way things have been.

Seems more like an aversion to progress/change that folks take a hard edge against. Just because something has been one way for years doesn't imply that it must remain that way.

Human kind's very existence literally exemplifies this.
>>
>>15018673
>For Thor, its whomever is worthy gets the power, right? For green lantern, it literally doesn't fucking matter-- its whomever gets a ring.

These are extremely poor examples.
No one has a problem with black Green Lantern or Chinese Green Lantern or whatever, because from the very beginning Green Lantern is just one of a literally intergalactic police force made up of many people, the majority of whom are not even human.

People had a problem with female Thor not only because female Thor was poorly written, but because Thor is not "whoever is worthy of the power." If you're worthy of the power, you get the power, but you don't BECOME Thor. Thor is a dude. This is like saying if you became president of the NAACP, you literally become W.E.B. DuBois. Beta Ray Bill picked up the hammer and was worthy, but he didn't become Thor, he just got powers. That's why female Thor was dumb.

Same for your Bruce Wayne example. Bruce Wayne should stay white because Bruce Wayne is a white man. It is who he is, his character, and that character is established. You could have Bruce Wayne get injured and have other people be Batman, because Batman is a mantle, a name, a concept. But Bruce Wayne is a person.

>>15018693
>Just because something has been one way for years doesn't imply that it must remain that way.

But just because something has been one way for years, why does it have to be changed? Remember New Coke?
>>
File: IMG_16831.jpg (201KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_16831.jpg
201KB, 800x800px
>>
>>15018705
>But just because something has been one way for years, why does it have to be changed? Remember New Coke?

Of course-- the argument goes both ways. As Bruce Wayne is fictional, he is entirely at the mercy of whomever wishes to portray him. Being fictional means he can be fluid as needed (or as wanted). Its all make believe so if the change is well accepted, why not?

New Coke wasn't well accepted. Are you saying Black Heimdall or female Thor hasn't been well received by paying customers that the backlash is enough to switch back to "what's familiar?"

As for Female Thor, I honestly don't have much exposure-- is she the actual Thor, or has she taken the power and mantle of "Thor" and opted to take the name as well? Had she called herself something else, would the backlash still be there?
>>
Wasn't New Coke a complete marketing scheme that tried to make a fake controversy that only diabetic fatties really cared about?
>>
>>15018727

She took the powers and the name. There would have been less backlash if it was just the powers. There would still have been a backlash because female Thor was written like shit.
>>
>>15018727

If you made Bruce Wayne black after he was white for 80 years but kept everything else the same, it would be forced because changing his race does literally nothing but make him black, so the only reason for it would be some political bullshit since it doesn't make anything better or worse.

And because it doesn't make anything better or worse and was just to push a political diversity point, it is automatically worse.
>>
>>15018741

It could also just be because he prefers him Black. Just like some creators prefer like ng ears and others short ears. Or some prefer grimdark Bats while others prefer comedy 60s Bats.
>>
>>15018750
>It could also just be because he prefers him Black. Just like some creators prefer like ng ears and others short ears. Or some prefer grimdark Bats while others prefer comedy 60s Bats.
I'm just waiting until this /pol/fag finds out what they did to the Gordan's in the Lego Batman Movie...
>>
>>15018770
>no Billy Dee Two Face
;_;
it still hurts all these years later
>>
>>15018750

But then if it doesn't matter, why is it necessary to make him black?
>>
Jerehmy Jahns called it awesometacular and I trust him over most critics, but he did slam Gods of Egypt....
>>
>>15018778
nobody said it's necessary
why do you keep imagining things?
>>
>>15018783

Just wondering why it's so important that characters be blacked.
>>
>>15018778
Its not "necessary" and it does not matter.
This also implies that its not "necessary" nor does it matter that he is/has been white. It simply does not matter either way. Suddenly making Bruce black would only shock and awe fans who aren't expecting it.

When the dialogue, scenarios, etc... are the exact same, as with white Batman can one really say that it matters that he's now black?

>>15018741
>... so the only reason for it would be some political bullshit...
This is where I think you are wrong. Political bullshit would change the scenario of the Batman-- the character of him would change. A simple pallate swap from tan/pink to tan/brown doesn't imply politics had anything to do with it.

its Tuesday and its cold out- lets made Bruce black just because its Tuesday and snowing outside. Why the fuck not? No politics involved, just a creative tweak for the sake of it. Joker is still causing shit, Bruce is still being grimdark about his life and Gotham City rolls on as usual.
>>
File: 70912_alt18.jpg (92KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
70912_alt18.jpg
92KB, 1000x750px
>>15018776
>>no Billy Dee Two Face
>;_;
>it still hurts all these years later
But Anon, don't you know?
>>
>>15018798
>>When the dialogue, scenarios, etc... are the exact same, as with white Batman can one really say that it matters that he's now black?

Yeah, because he's a white guy.
>>
>>15018784
It is not "important" anymore than it is "important" that he remains white. It simply is the way Batman has historically been.

Barring radical character changes, his skin color doesn't mean shit.

Quite literally, Batman is Batman because of the content of character, not the color of his skin, if you will.
>>
This reminds me of the outrage when the movie Sampo portrayed the magical device as having properties not in line with the original legends.

Oh wait that never happened because nobody really gives a shit about old norse myths getting changed for pop culture movies.
>>
>>15018813

It's important that he remains white because he is white. It's like making white Martin Luther King Jr.

>b-b-but Martin Luther King Jr. is real and Bruce Wayne is not

They're basically the same shit in the end: a person who you're not going to interact with, who you may look up to because of qualities they have or ideals they represent. It's just as unacceptable. And if you can't understand why, there's no hope for you.

>but Martin Luther King has to be black because that's who he is

And Bruce Wayne is white, that's who he is.
>>
>>15018826
>They're basically the same shit in the end
no, make-believe and real is an important distinction because fictional characters aren't real
>>
>>15018828

Sounds like you're being a real shitlord to those pagans who worship Heimdall and Thor.
>>
>>15018837
Marvel's fictional characters are still different from the mythological figures they're loosely inspired by.
It's like when Japan makes a cartoon where Nobunaga has rocket launchers and alien demons helping him.
>>
>>15018849

But when they've been one way for a long time, suddenly changing them is obviously going to upset people.

Look at how people on this very board get upset when the RX-78-2's v-fin is gold now instead of white or something like that. It's the same shit. Are all those people part of gamergate too?
>>
>>15018857
>Are all those people part of gamergate too?
what the fuck are you even babbling about
>>15018837
>you're being a real shitlord to those pagans who worship Heimdall and Thor.
what are they going to do, smell bad at me? who the fuck cares what some failed mythology majors try to use to get laid by fat chicks
>>
>>15018693
Can't wait for white Static Shock and white Lando. Oh wait, that will never happen because you and your ilk hate whites and wish only for our replacement through this magical concept of "progress". Just like the Rogue One director proclaiming the Empire as "White Supremacist".
>>
File: 1323272780888.jpg (39KB, 640x464px) Image search: [Google]
1323272780888.jpg
39KB, 640x464px
>>15018860
>what are they going to do, smell bad at me?

#SHOTSFIRED
>>
>>15018798
>A simple pallate swap from tan/pink to tan/brown doesn't imply politics had anything to do with it.
This is identity politics. Don't act like you don't know. Whites are the only ones not allowed to have an identity nowadays, and that also involves slowly stripping them of anything familiar, including their roles in movies. This is indeed politics and Hollywood directors LOVE to virtue signal how progressive they are by doing this shit.

Imagine if there was no progressive agenda, we wouldn't even be having this conversation and everyone would be enjoy or shitting on Rogue One for its plot rather than the progressive agenda of the director.
>>
>>15018876
Isn't half the point of Static Shock that he's a black urban youth though
It's pretty integral to the character.

I mean if you wanna see some wigger riding a trash can lid, sure. I don't see the appeal.
>>
>>15018895

Do you think only black kids can be poor?
>>
>>15018895
You don't need to be black to struggle in urban areas. Of course, you don't even think that whites could ever have it hard. It is true that if you're poor and white, you're out of sight though.

Never mind that there was a wigger in Static Shock as an antagonist.
>>
>>15018895
>some wigger riding a trash can lid
Old Man Static mentors some Chav in the arts of being Electric Ghetto for the new generation.
>>
>>15018876
>white Lando
Uh, wasn't he already in A New Hope, guy by the name of HAN SOLO?

>>15018890
>Whites are the only ones not allowed to have an identity nowadays
So what is the "White Identity" they aren't allowed to have?
>>
File: i9mtrfz6xzix[1].png (487KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
i9mtrfz6xzix[1].png
487KB, 800x450px
>>15018711
I love the new shoretroopers
>>
>>15018876
You're assuming its a one-way street. It is not.

White Static Shock is fine. It is not important to his character that he is black. White Lando is fine. It is not important to his character that he is black.

Where's the controversy?
>>
>>15018436
T H I C C
H
I
C
C
>>
>>15018927
extra Troopers remind me of the ATs that aren't Scopedogs
>>
>>15018908
Well problem fuckin solved then, everybody go home. Would have preferred a mick or something to a chav but aight.
>>
>>15018693
>HE MUST BECOME A BLACK MAN OR ELSE THERE'S NO SOCIAL PROGRESS
>>
>>15018943
Over time he picks up a Mick, a Slav and eventually forms an international taskforce of electric poor people
>>
>>15018923
>So what is the "White Identity" they aren't allowed to have?

I myself am Black, but let me take a stab at it:

Thanks to Aryanism, Slavery, White Supremacy, etc... historic "atrocities" caused by white/caucasian people make it difficult to display a reasonable form of self pride or self satisfaction with their own identity. Germans exemplify this-- they simply cannot show "German pride" without someone mentioning the Nazis.

Is it fair? By no means-- the sins of one Generation ought not transfer to the next. Is it our reality? It definitely is.

The question is now, how can a white person go about reclaiming his or her sense of pride? Sure they can blame their predecessors for doing things so goddamn foolish to ruin the "white image," but that does little good other than to identify the cause of the lack of identity. The difficult task that white people have on them now is to reclaim their identity while discarding the atrocities of the past.

All I can say is good luck and the problem gets compounded when force is chosen as a means to reclaim that.
>>
>>15018953
Man this is getting 90s as shit. One of em got a wheelchair?
>>
>>15018923
>Uh, wasn't he already in A New Hope, guy by the name of HAN SOLO?
Nice deflection. You can do better than that though.

>So what is the "White Identity" they aren't allowed to have?
Having a white person play a white character you fucking moron. It seems like nowadays, just being white is enough to dismiss somebody for a non-white. Aside from that, whenever whites wish to come together in their own collective interests, "that's racist". White identity is the collective achievements and culture of the west. Film and acting is largely considered culture, even if it is pop-culture like Star Wars.

>>15018929
It wouldn't be so bad if it was a two way street. But it is not. Only white characters get changed to something else. Whites are the only ones to get replaced.
>>
>>15018798
>its Tuesday and its cold out- lets made Bruce black just because its Tuesday and snowing outside. Why the fuck not? No politics involved, just a creative tweak for the sake of it.
I get what you're saying, but this is an absolutely retarded reasoning.
>>
>>15018961
I don't see how this applies to NEW characters. Such as the subject of the thread. If it was fucking Somalian Kyle Katarn that logic would apply, but this is a from scratch cast.
>>
>>15018974

Because the characters are a bunch of shitty multiethnic focus group-tested cliches, like the strong woman and etc.
>>
>>15018961
>Only white characters get changed to something else. Whites are the only ones to get replaced.

Isn't that just because the vast majority of established characters are white? If the vast majority of established characters were black, I do not believe the lone white characters would be singled out to change.

Weren't Katara and Sokka changed to caucasian-ish people in the Avatar movie? There was uproar-- I bet there would be equal uproar if Black Panther was changed to a white South African guy.

The point is in either case, it doesn't define their character that they are black-- they simply are because the designer choose for them to be. That same designer could change his mind next week just because.
>>
>>15018959
>The difficult task that white people have on them now is to reclaim their identity while discarding the atrocities of the past.
This is hilarious, since literally every culture has atrocities they've committed in the past, yet it's only actually bad when it pertains to white people.
>>
>>15018961
>White Identity is the collective achievements and culture of the west
>"we did everything!"
Alright, /pol/.
>>
>>15018550
that's your own fault for being from Manila though
>>
>>15018985
As opposed to... what? Everyone being a white male?

Could Rogue's cast had more white males? Sure. Should they have? I'd say yes-- there are still plenty of white males portrayed across the Star Wars films, but for a more inclusive cast, they could have.
>>
>>15018997

And it needs to be "inclusive," why?
>>
>>15018995
That's not what he's saying, shitskin.
>>
>>15018990
Because you're the only ones who refuse to own up to it, you and the Japs. I say one cross word about Andrew Jackson, what kind of response you think I'll get?
>>
>>15019005
>what kind of response you think I'll get?
"Who? Did he play football?"
>>
>>15019005

lol are you fucking serious?
They pretty much teach the Civil War for like five years in American history classes. Every college has courses on black feminism or whatever the fuck. Canada gives every abo 10,000 dollars because of things that happened beyond anybody's living memory. Germany is still giving Jewsrael billions annually in reparations.
>>
>>15019005
The fuck are you talking about? Have you never heard of the Germans? Even a lot of Americans recognize the fucked up things American imperialism did.
>>
>>15018990
And that is the reality we live in today so again I say, good luck to the White people out there. Its not fair by any means and yet the daily stakes are much lower.

Put another way, it is difficult to sympathize with anger over fictional characters being race-changed when not even 60 years ago, I would not have been allowed to enjoy a meal where I'd like to, in real life.
>>
>>15019005
Adding on to>>15019019
Middle Eastern countries don't give two shits about any of the appalling things they've done for centuries and the majority of blacks don't even recognize that they can do any wrong.
>>
>>15018638
So is Rogue One 08th MS Team, 0080, or 0083?

Pls be 0083. Regardless, I'm hype, thanks for the loose metaphor.
>>
>>15019024

Well you weren't around 60 years ago, asshole. Boo hoo. 100 years ago they shat on micks and wops too.
>>
>>15019028
probably 0083
cool tech that never appears again
sets up stuff that we already knew
main characters of no particular value, some cool secondary characters
>>
>>15018974
I never replied to anything other than the posters supporting the REPLACEMENT of white characters. I have no problem with making NEW black characters. As a matter of fact I always tell people to fucking do this if they want to, knowing a few artists myself.

Now, the politicization of Star Wars via the director is a whole other story.

>>15018987
I get on Hollywood too for not hiring Asian actors for Asian roles. (though, Asians like the nips seem to not really care) I wouldn't want to see a white Black Panther either. Now, lets say there was no liberal politicization in Hollywood, your argument about the majority of characters being white would make sense, indeed. However, you literally have people like JJ Abrahms saying Hollywood is too white and wishing for their replacement. Their racial agenda is out in the open for all to see.

In regards to not defining their character, you're wrong. Their character is the collective of their entirety of traits. This includes their skin color. You slowly erode a character that way. If their skin isn't important, what about their facial features? Then the color of their regular outfit? What about their sex? It's like a copy machine copying a copy. You erode away the original until it is no longer recognizable.

>>15018995
Considering that whites made up the vast majority of the west and the achievements of the west are... the achievements of the west. Yes, in regards to the west, whites shaped their own culture and achievements. And no, everything is not made of cotton.
>>
>>15018961
>...collective achievements and culture of the west.

The key word is collective. American/Western culture is defined by the immigrant races over the course of generations. White people may have started the cultural cultivation of America, however it is a stretch to claim that the collective achievements and culture is the identity of white people.

If that is so, then the identity of white people is based upon mixed bits and pieces from other races.

Did a white person build the car? Yes, and a Black person built the Stop light. Its all complimentary.

Perhaps White Identity in America may be viewed as a catalyst for bringing others together, by hook or by crook, such that great things could come out of any situation.
>>
>>15019059
wow it's like basing your life around race is a waste of time for fags who never achieve anything or something
>>
>>15019059

Do you think white people were only around since the creation of America or something?
>>
>>15019063
No. I was responding to the statement of collective achievements of the West. Obviously there is rich history of whites/caucasians in Europe before the formation of America by whites.
>>
>>15018615
Holy shit you are retarded.
>>
>>15019062
The take home is that race does not define invention nor achievement-- they are what they are based on merit alone.

Its when playing the "my team does more than your team" game where race creeps in.

>>15019000
Because it seems you're upset that a white male wasn't included?
>>
>>15019078

So it needs to be "inclusive," why?
>>
>>15019083
you're right
we don't need to include a white male
good thing you're here to question inclusiveness
>>
>>15019078
>The take home is that race does not define invention nor achievement

Actually it seems like it does since the world we live in was built by crackers and ching chongs while places in Africa still don't have the wheel.
>>
>>15019085

You can try and dodge all you want but you're not fooling anyone. If "inclusion" is so great and necessary, then why? And if it's not, if it's not a big deal at all, then once again, why is it needed?

You can't answer it, because it's bullshit. So all you can do is divert.
>>
>>15019083
Because you're bitching about being left out or being underrepresented.

So the same thing it was always supposed to solve: end bitching by people who want to see more of """their""" people on screen.
>>
>>15019092
>>15019083
So it reflects the very population it is attempting to portray. They're going for realism with movies, comics, etc... and so the cast (supporting and main) relfect that realism that we see day to day-- a hodgepodge mix of tan/pink/brown/pale/yellow people.

It is a truer reflection of the reality and world we live in today.
>>
>>15019097

I'm not bitching about being left out, I'm bitching because I want to know why others have to be pointlessly shoved in.
>>
>>15019102
>I'm not bitching about being left out
lol
>>
>>15019097
>Because you're bitching about being left out or being underrepresented.
Oh hey, just like people of varying shades of brown.
>>
>>15019070
America was built upon by European traditions. By West, Europe is included as well, as is the understanding by just about fucking anybody who uses the term.

The contribution of non-whites to Western civilization, while still important in its own right is incredibly small compared to what Whites have done. The identity of Whites is not just that of America (which is vast majority white achievement) but also that of Europe which is almost exclusively white achievement over the centuries.

>>15019085
And of course, thank you for proving my other point, inclusiveness is about removing Whites. And your kind wonder why people hate progressives today.

>>15019118
Go make your own shit then and stop shoving yourselves into roles that were already white.
>>
I want this movie to fail so bad.

This garbage is what Kyle Katarn was axed for?
>>
>>15019494

No, Kyle was axed regardless because Disney didn't want to be forced to conform to 20 odd years of continuity. This is just their attempt to explore and explain some of the same stuff.
>>
>>15019494
I imagine someone somewhere wished on a monkey paw for a Dark Forces movie adaptation, and this is what they got.
>>
>>15019494

Here's a tip - Katarn wasn't very good either.
>>
>>15019509
I understand, but this is a story that was already told infinitely better with Kyle Katarn. And all he did was get the plans and hand them off to the Many Bothand who Died.

To me, it just feels like they're trying so hard to do their own thing, that they forgot to make it good in the process.
>>
File: 1478655955147.jpg (41KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1478655955147.jpg
41KB, 320x240px
>>15019515
>talking shit about Katarn
>>
>>15019515
That doesn't make Rogue One any better.

Not to mention that Rogue One and Rogue Squadron was always Wedge's thing, and that kinda bugs me.
>>
>>15019518

The many Bothans who died was the Second Death Star, not the First like this is though. Also, if you haven't seen it you can't know whether it's good or not.
>>
>>15019526
I thought the Bothans helped with the first one as well.

Also, I don't know for sure that it's bad, but the trailers do no inspire confidence.
>>
>>15019524

It shouldn't. Disney tried to get Wedge's actor on board so that they could make it his thing in the new one too, at least as a "passing the torch" moment in the films if nothing else and he declined since he was retired if I recall.
>>
>>15018371
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkAd4XWwNos
>>
>>15019530

The original trilogy only mentions them in regards to the Second Death Star at least.
>>
>>15019531
I forgot about that. Oh well, as long Wedge is either still alive or died in a blaze of glory in the new canon, I can't be too mad.
>>
File: 1476416802706.png (523KB, 720x690px) Image search: [Google]
1476416802706.png
523KB, 720x690px
>>15019532
The trailer is the movie.
>>
>>15019524
Well the two biggest names of Rogue Squadron (in terms of their debut at Hoth) were Luke and Wedge, both of whom were surviving veterans of the attack on the first Death Star and the former of which landed the killing shot.

Having spent some time thinking about it, it wouldn't be too far fetched to say Rogue Squadron took its name in honor of the Rogue One group whose theft of the plans were ultimately responsible for making the attack on and subsequent destruction of the Death Star a possibility.

At the very least, that's the best way I could see it all tying together, because it's not like Rogue wasn't sorta an arbitrary name for a squadron in ESB's time, and at the same time calling another group Rogue doesn't make sense if they're going to be exclusively their own thing with zero call-forward to the original (production-wise).

Just my 2 cents.
>>
I'm not looking forward to Rogue One because the new protag just seems like a cunt. I was fine with Rey. She's a fine, typical hero. But as soon as I heard the line
>This is a rebellion isn't it? I rebel
I knew the girl in Rogue One was gonna be shit.
>>
>>15019585
Why couldn't we have gotten someone who doesn't act like a cunt? Like a Jan kind of character. Damn shame.
>>
>>15019589
>>15019585

She's a strong female character. That means a cunt.
>>
>>15019604
If she was a male we'd be calling her edgy.
>>
File: smugyuri.jpg (48KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
smugyuri.jpg
48KB, 640x480px
>>15019604
You can be strong and not be a cunt, it all comes down to temperament.
>>
>>15019630

It's a serious problem. The definition of what a strong female character is has been fucked up by feminism so now unless they are some hard as balls cunt kicking ass and delivering cool one liners they're not strong. So now, we're stuck with this archetype.
>>
>>15018472
>>And Gamergate people that hate the female lead
What are you talking about? People hated Rey because she was a mary sue and fear the main lead of Rogue One is going to exactly the same.

And the information coming out is not promising.

And it was about ethics in game journalism
>>
File: Starkiller-Walls.jpg (100KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
Starkiller-Walls.jpg
100KB, 1000x563px
>>15019630

We did.
>>
File: 04 shocked.jpg (53KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
04 shocked.jpg
53KB, 640x480px
>>15019635

That's 50 percent a bad example. Kei and Yuri where turbo cunts. They just had the good sense to play it up comically
>>
>>15019654
If you consider who raised him it's a miracle he turned out this well.
>>
>>15019654
Gee Starkiller. How come your master lets you have TWO light sabers?

>>15019636
We need more Noas. And Ripleys.
>>
>>15019660

yeah but the fact that who raised him is the one who raised him is part of the problem. He's a fanfic character. His inclusion makes no sense and his power level clashes with what we see in the actual films.
>>
File: iria 33.jpg (285KB, 704x1000px) Image search: [Google]
iria 33.jpg
285KB, 704x1000px
>>15019662

I miss Iria so goddamn much
>>
>>15019656
Sluts sure, but I wouldn't exactly call them cunts. At least not in the same was as the Rogue One protag and seemingly most Hollywood movie female protags act.
>>
File: b5earth_alliance_civil_war.jpg (173KB, 1280x937px) Image search: [Google]
b5earth_alliance_civil_war.jpg
173KB, 1280x937px
>>15018515
Amen brother
>>
>>15019670

Nay they bicker constantly. They straight bitches, son. It's just the show actually acknowledges them as such and it's treated as a joke. They're not the scowling SUPER SRS ACTION TOUGH GIRL cunt but they are cunts. They're less Lighting and more...Betty and Veronica.
>>
>>15019678
>>
I'm honestly just tired as fuck of the type of female character like in Rogue One. As soon as I saw the trailer I was practically groaning, thinking "not this shit again."

I mean right here they called it, >>15018575. Every "tough" woman in movies is the same now, this hard ass-kicking bitch who acts aggressive and serious all the time and has to have some moment where she dunks on men so all the whiny feminists on tumblr who don't even care about Star Wars can juice their panties because to them there is no other way a woman can be strong.
>>
>>15019665

Almost every EU character's power level clashes with what we see in the films. I'm not sure what's wrong with Vader having a secret apprentice either to be honest. Vader wanting Luke to be his apprentice doesn't preclude him from having had one in the past or making other attempts to become the Master.
>>
>>15019739

Him plotting against the emperor with a secret apprentice does though. That's part of Vader's character and why him turning against Palpy in Jedi was so important.
>>
>>15019744
The way he killed Sheev vs the way he was going to is different. One is the natural way the Sith turn against each other (Sheev never intended to teach Vader about the way the Rule of Two works), the other is Vader turning against Sheev back to the Light Side redeeming himself.
>>
>>15019639
>people hated Rey because she was a mary sue
See, that completely sums up my feelings on the matter. Sci-fi has made it a point to be "diverse" since at least the mid-60's, so in the genre it shouldn't really matter if a specific character is black, white, green, male, or female. And in Star Wars in particular the Empire, the great homogenizing jack-booted space fascists, were always clearly the bad guys. What matters is that the character is compellingly written and acted, and that the story being told is one worth telling.

In that context a "strong female" should first be a strong and compelling character, and not a caricature of what someone at Disney thinks a "strong female" should look like. That's what sort of turned me off with Rey, and it's what I'm nervous about with Rogue One.
>>
>>15019744

He was offering to turn against Sheev in Empire too. The thought had clearly crossed his mind before. The big deal in Jedi wasn't that he betrayed Sheev, it was that he betrayed him for a selfless reason and to save someone.
>>
>>15018361
Wake me up when there's a new Star Wars film that isn't a white genocide fairy tale.
>>
>>15019755

Vader wasn't like other sith though. He wasn't a power mad conquerer. He was a broken, literally destroyed man in every sense of the word. His loyalty to Palpateen was all he had left and was the only thing he had to live for.

He's not going to turn on him just because it's the Sith way. Fuck that Rule of 2 shit was added after the fact anyways.
>>
>>15019767

If your dumb ass really wants to perceive it that way then they've been 'white genocide' from the first, with all the dead Imps to consider.
>>
>>15018666
>>>/pol/
>>
rey needed to whine about power rods and every other single goddamn thing so she could be a good character like luke in star wars
>>
>>15019726
Don't forget the scene where she schools the male lead.

'Member Finn being so badass he can use a Lightsaber without training and is according to the lore the very best combatant in his entire platoon who had a flawless unbeatable record in 1on1 sparring and was resented by everyone in his squad cause he was that good?

Member how MaREY Sue just effortlessly dunks him the second she lays eyes on him?
>>
>>15018941
Like the ones that aren't scopedogs IE standing turtles.

Or the scopedogs that aren't scopedogs, despite really basically being a slightly different scopedog, like the Brutishdog?
>>
>>15019771

Vader being a broken man with nothing left but loyalty was added later too. Not that he's against turning on Sheev for power in the films regardless, since he offers Luke the galaxy as father and son if he'll join him, including that they'll kill the Emperor. That's plainly him vying for power. It's about as plain as could be really.
>>
>>15019779
He's not wrong.
>>
>>15019785

I think this becomes a good example of how Leia was competent and not at all a shitty character like Ray was.

She was able to help in her own rescue but still clearly needed to be rescued but even Luke and Han needed to get bailed out by the droids now and again.

It came across like they where actually working together not OH SHE'S SO BADASS BETTER THAN THEY BOYS
>>
>>15019794

Yeah. Leia was strong, in her own way. She was a princess with no combat experience or training being held as a hostage, and managed to become a hero of the resistance.

But here's the thing. When feminists look at her, all they see is that she almost got raped by Jabba the Hutt and was a hostage so she's nothing more than a damsel in distress. Because feminists are narrow-minded bitches.

So now we got Rey and whatever the cunt in Rogue One is called.
>>
>>15018361
Yep, pretty hyped.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC9abcLLQpI

Nice to see Darth Vader again, and also all the old vehicles.
>>
>>15019792

He is, if for no other reason than that Star Wars was always a fairly liberal work by a liberal creator and built on his political views about freedom versus security, gender equality and so on.
>>
>>15019811

You can have a fairly liberal work by a liberal creator and it can still be entertaining, if it's not obnoxious. For instance I don't agree with the politics of Oliver Stone, and Oliver Stone definitely puts his politics into his movies. But sometimes he puts less than other times, and it's still a fine movie. There's a line there.

The new movies are jumping over that line.
>>
>>15019811
nah, before the prequels it didn't get more political than "fascist bad guys are bad"
>>
>>15019794
>>15019803
This. Leia was strong, and beleivably so, she didn't feel like pandering, but she didn't feel like total damsel. She resisted torture, went on to lead a resistance, hell was even handy with a blaster, but didn't feel like a god(ess?) with one right off the bat for just taking hold of it.

Part of the reason she was great. But nuwave feminists just see her as being Le captured princes. Despite Leia being not only a better character but a better role model to kids like they always harp about wanting characters to be. Wish they went more Leia then more what Rey is with Rey. Sucks too because I liked Finn, even if he was played as comic relief to make Rey look better. Mother fucker deserved better.
>>
>>15019803

She had training in how to use a gun at the very least. Also, feminists probably share Carrie Fisher's view that she didn't get much to do in comparison to Hamill and Ford. Leia just lost her entire planet, but Obi-Wan died so she has to console Luke and past the initial scene it happens in doesn't really get to do anything with it. Fisher wanted Leia to have a more meaty role and some kind of characterisation in all of the films, since Leia got little in that department compared to Luke or Han. The A New Hope novel is nice in that respect actually, since it adds a little more to her character, like having to decide between violence and standing by for Alderaan and a few others.
>>
>>15019833

Yeah but that's just general lousy writing rather than some kind of crazy sexist agenda
>>
>>15019833
>Fisher wanted Leia to have a more meaty role

It's okay, Ford shared his meaty role with her.
>>
File: 1481595954365.jpg (79KB, 490x585px) Image search: [Google]
1481595954365.jpg
79KB, 490x585px
>>15019811
>Star Wars
>Liberal
Lucas sure as hell isn't conservative, but his works are far from even fairly liberal. At most Star Wars indeed has an Anti-War message, but that is not inherently liberal.

Did everyone all of a sudden forget that Toydarians are jews, Rodians and Grans are spics, Hutts are wop gangsters, and Tuskens are muslims? If Lucas was such a liberal he wouldn't have made those aliens like that. He's named the Jew before in real life too, so saying Star Wars is fairly liberal is a real fucking stretch.
>>
>>15019847
>liberals
>only knowing stereotypes
pick two and always two
>>
>>15019839

I don't disagree, but the point is that people complaining about Leia not being great have some grounds and aren't always just dismissing her out of hand because they're militant feminists with an agenda. I have no doubt some are, but not all.

>>15019847

It's less "forgot" and more "don't actually buy that". As in, don't buy the idea that if an alien likes money they're automatically a Jew surrogate, or that if they're something, they're spics? I don't even know what the corollary between those two is supposed to be. Just because someone makes use of a cliche doesn't mean they're tying it to a stereotype. It's possible to make a gangster without it being automatically disparaging of Italians. Or to make a desert dwelling people without it being disparaging of Muslims.
>>
>>15019895
>"don't actually buy that"
>"I'm closing my eyes to the obvious"
fixed

Especially with the Toydarians, it couldn't be more fucking obvious. If you can't see that, you're obviously either retarded, being intentionally deceptive, or have never actually watched the movies.
>>
>>15019895

Please, the people who complain about Leiah are the same jerks who think a character can only be strong if they themselves can chop shit up with a laser sword
>>
>>15019921
>Leiah
that's was bullshit she ended up with Ham
>>
>>15019911

> look anon, it's an alien that loves money
> a single one
> but his whole species has a pronounced nose
> it's obviously a reference to and knock on Jews
> how can you not see it
>>
>>15018711
Better designs than the new stormtroopers helmets.
>>
>>15018927
Nice designs.
>>
File: Roz.jpg (48KB, 299x458px) Image search: [Google]
Roz.jpg
48KB, 299x458px
>>15019935
>a single one
>single
>>
>>15019949
that blue skullcap could be about anything
stop reading things into things
>>
>>15019955
>oy vey just a skullcap
>now about that finder's fee Jango...
>>
>>15019949

I had to look who that was up. It's a character from a video game. Not even a movie tie-in video game, but a spin off one. I bet Lucas had a personal hand in developing every character for that one!
>>
>>15019975
>oops they're all clearly space jews better move my goalposts
>>
>>15019983

> Start off talking about Lucas and his tendencies
> Talk about character's he's likely to have developed
> moving the goalpost
>>
>>15019975
And where do you think the guys at Lucasarts got the space-jew theme for Toydarians from genius? Episode I. Plus, it is actually plausible that Lucas had some degree of input in Bounty Hunter, since he is known to have input on other SW games like The Force Awakens.
>>
File: Ferengi.jpg (115KB, 692x530px) Image search: [Google]
Ferengi.jpg
115KB, 692x530px
>>15019895
I managed to make it through this thread and not comment on how cool a Rhodesian Black Panther could be.

However, I just have to ask. Do you honestly not see comical space Jews when you see Ferengi?
>>
File: Gnolam_MOO2.png (35KB, 299x332px) Image search: [Google]
Gnolam_MOO2.png
35KB, 299x332px
>>15020005
Don't bother with him, I bet he thinks the Gnolam from Master of Orion II are just a pure coincidence as well and certainly had no influence in their design from jewish stereotypes.

Nope, never mind their racial bonuses that give a bonus to credits per population.
>>
>>15020001

I think the people who wrote took it from Episode 1. That's not the same as saying that Lucas intended it. Nor is saying he sometimes has input on games the same as saying he personally oversaw a, at best, secondary character in a spin off game that wasn't even a direct tie in.

>>15020005

I wasn't talking about Star Trek, nor have I ever even seen it. Roddenberry was a bit of a prick in real life and had some hostilities to various people and groups if he ever felt slighted from what I've heard, so it wouldn't surprise me. I wouldn't pass judgement given my lack of familiarity though, since outside pictures I've not really seen them. And certainly haven't seen their original characterisation in TOS.
>>
>>15020021
>at best, secondary character in a spin off game that wasn't even a direct tie in.
Roz isn't exactly a secondary character considering she's on the comm through out most of the missions before she's killed by Montross. Plus, it's not like Bounty Hunter was just some unrelated spinoff, it was fairly relevant to expanding Episode II in the end and did tie in to the movie.

But yeah of course Roz is a space jew Toydarian because the team worked off what they knew from Toydarians in Ep I, that they have a reputation for being fucking space jews, and they look like fucking space jews. Keep being in denial.
>>
>>15020021
>nor have I ever even seen it.
get out freak
>>
>>15018638
First 3 MSG-CCA
Prequel GSeed
Newest - Unicorn
Rogue One - 08th MS Team.
>>
gonna drop this here because I'm not disagreeing with a lot being said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g9cJ5WKZeU
>>
>>15020065

Id hardly call it the worst but it's certainly one of the laziest
>>
>>15018961
>White identity is the collective achievements and culture of the west.
So we have the entirety of western civilization as our "Cultural Identity"... Yet as white people we are somehow not allowed to have it?

>Whites are the only ones to get replaced.
>He doesn't know about American Anime Live Action Adaptation Movies...

>>15019062
>wow it's like basing your life around race is a waste of time for fags who never achieve anything or something
Yeah, it's almost as if they have nothing of actual value to contribute to the world, so they cling to some arbitrary trait they were born with for a sense of personal value!

>>15019101
>a hodgepodge mix of tan/pink/brown/pale/yellow people.
Hell, this is the first Star Wars we're getting more than ONE token Non-human Organic in the main cast!
>>
>>15020350
>Yet as white people we are somehow not allowed to have it?
Considering socially, every time someone wants to take pride in being white, they're branded a racist or white supremacist, they have their job stripped of them, and are derided by 'tolerant' liberals as they attempt to erase us from any positions of prominence. Yeah socially we are not allowed to have an identity. Meanwhile minorities reap exclusive government benefits just because.

>Yeah, it's almost as if they have nothing of actual value to contribute to the world, so they cling to some arbitrary trait they were born with for a sense of personal value!
Typical ad hominem, not an argument. I feel pride when my family makes an accomplishment, much like a father is proud of their son. Why am I not allowed to feel pride of a lesser level to my own race in the exact same way? The idea that personally anyone who feels pride for their own race has made no accomplishments is baseless and just meant to mock because you have no argument. Unlike the fact that we know you are an attention whoring namefag, you know nothing about me aside from the content of my posts.
>>
Remember this thread was about star wars and when /pol/ stayed to their own board
>>
>>15020388
in hindsight maybe spamming jabba and pizza wasn't so bad
>>
>>15020388

Am I on reddit or something? Discussions evolve.
>>
>>15020388
Remember when directors didn't go around acting like fucking retarded liberals and projecting onto their films?
>>
>>15020466

You mean around the time of the original trilogy, maybe? The prequels were vehemently anti-Bush/anti-War on Terriers
>>
>>15020466
Are you legally retarded? Or just pretending? Most directors have a political agenda in their films, and it goes both ways with shit like American Sniper
>>
>>15020426
HOO HOO HOO SOLO
>>
>>15020365
>every time someone wants to take pride in being white, they're branded a racist or white supremacist
Because they almost certainly ARE, remember your own definition for "White Cultural Identity" is nearly the entirety of Western Civilization, which in and of itself has been sub-divided so many times that at points in history we've had "White" people killing each other for being from the next fucking HILL over!

Those that want to take pride in their "Race" probably don't even have the first clue where their ancestors came from, and more likely don't even want to know least they discover some unsavory truth.

They cling to the grand romanticized yet generalized and vague ideal that, in reality, they probably don't even conform to in the first place!
>>
>>15020497
>Because they almost certainly ARE
Proving my point, and this is why you dumb pieces of shit no longer control any branch of government in the US. Just because whites have gone to war with each other does not all of a sudden mean that all of a sudden white accomplishment does not exist. Much like a family does not cease to exist because brothers hate each other. You're not even making any sense any more and are just babbling dumb shit.

Pride for one's culture does not equate to contempt for another. I happen to really respect Asian and Arab (note, pre-muslim arabs) cultures and respect their accomplishments.

>Those that want to take pride in their "Race" probably don't even have the first clue where their ancestors came from
Not an argument, ignorance of one does not equate to ignorance of another. I have for one have explored my genealogy and know who my ancestors are.
>>
>>>>>>/tv/77222344
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/13/movies/star-wars-rogue-one-review.html
Wow, it was a piece of corporate committee sludge after all, who would've though?
>>
>>15020620
>radio trailer is darth vader breathing
>Vader doesn't really do much
Why do they hurt my soul like this.
>>
File: cgarnold.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
cgarnold.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>15020620
Who plays Princess Leia? Or is it CG trickery?
>>
>>15018410
> feel like at this point at least 4 or 5 separate groups stole the Death Star plans
12 different groups.

At least 3 of them were in video games, all contradicting each other. Two of those games were first person shooters. (Dark Foces, Battlefront 2) They couldn't NOT have known.
>>
>>15020620
>the exhaust port was an intentional design flaw
jesus fucking christ
I pity anyone stupid enough to actually believe Disney could make a good Star Wars movie after TFA.
>>
>>15020672
>Battlefront 2
Fun as it is, I don't think anybody takes that game's campaign as canon.
>>
>>15020684
Guessing this guy's been retconned...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agcRwGDKulw
>>
>>15018486
>Black Heimdall is stupid, not because I hate niggers but because black Heimdall is stupid.
I'm going to just point out that in the old pagan myths, Heimdall had gold teeth.

It only makes sense to cast a black guy in the role of a character who canonically had a grill.
>>
>>15019803
>all they see is that she almost got raped by Jabba the Hutt
Which is a stupid thing to sperg out about, considering she strangled the sonofabitch to death with the very same chains he put her in.
>>
File: Hogun-Marvel-Comics-Thor.jpg (72KB, 500x893px) Image search: [Google]
Hogun-Marvel-Comics-Thor.jpg
72KB, 500x893px
>>15020717
But Elba didn't have a grill. Again, Black Heimdall is stupid.

Almost as stupid as Chinese Hogun.
>be the one Warriors Three guy with black hair
>license to be racebended into chinamen to get dem chinabux
>>
>>15020065
>Eh that wasn't too bad
>Check out his other videos

This guys an idiot
>>
>>15020744
>But Elba didn't have a grill.
And that was an enormous missed opportunity.

Maybe Elba decided that being dressed up like a common nignog was beneath his dignity - and him being Idris Elba, I'd have to agree.
>>
Another thing about Heimdell?

HE'S SIFS BROTHER!
>>
File: 29268286902_22f63d979b_z.jpg (106KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
29268286902_22f63d979b_z.jpg
106KB, 640x360px
>>
>>15018371
I would've loved to see this if it was around the new movie's time.

Retreading the original trilogy just gives Disney free reign to shit on what's already there, moreso than even Lucas. They already have another Boba Fett origin set up.
>>
>>15021700

This is the best thing to come from Disney Wars.
>>
>>15021086
that grossly contradicts everything we know about inter-dimensional space alien genetics!
>>
File: 1481741494834.webm (881KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1481741494834.webm
881KB, 480x480px
SPOILER
Someone on /tv/ just posted a webm of Vader slaughtering Rebels in Rogue One
>>
>>15021938
MOVIE CONFIRMED GOOD
>>
File: 1e48c96a7937e9e33f8bcb46f1a20d50.jpg (96KB, 2048x1026px) Image search: [Google]
1e48c96a7937e9e33f8bcb46f1a20d50.jpg
96KB, 2048x1026px
>>
>>15021938
Creepy.
>>
>>15022319

I find him just casually walking out after he's let the Stormtroopers do the work far creepier.
>>
File: PoorpoorVader.jpg (152KB, 666x500px) Image search: [Google]
PoorpoorVader.jpg
152KB, 666x500px
>>15021939
>>
File: lf-33 copy.jpg (2MB, 2011x3000px) Image search: [Google]
lf-33 copy.jpg
2MB, 2011x3000px
>>
File: Super Battle Droid concept 1.jpg (1MB, 1982x2577px) Image search: [Google]
Super Battle Droid concept 1.jpg
1MB, 1982x2577px
>>
>>15024333

Why do they all look so Chinese?
>>
>>15018449

This. This isn't "gruntwank", it's "slightly less Jedi than normal"--which is fine, but why confuse the two?
>>
File: SW. Empire.jpg (721KB, 2904x1486px) Image search: [Google]
SW. Empire.jpg
721KB, 2904x1486px
>>15024334
to appeal to that market
>>
File: 1450731997910.png (1MB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
1450731997910.png
1MB, 1920x816px
>>15024333
I like the defined head on the second from the top right, looks way better than the hump back B2 we got.
>>
>>15018361
Most /m/ my ass. I watched it and it didn't even have that much mechs. Few AT-ATs, one AT-ST, a tank and space ships. The main characters weren't Jedi, but that didn't stop them from being invincible for 99% of the movie, except for that sweet Tomino ending. That's the most /m/ thing about it.
>>
>>15020684
Wasn't the exhaust port. It was the reactor colossally failing and blowing up after being hit. Without the sabotage it would have likely taken multiple torpedo strikes or the DS would have gone on auxiliary power.

>>15020630
See >>15021938
>>
File: 1478892667923.jpg (18KB, 239x297px) Image search: [Google]
1478892667923.jpg
18KB, 239x297px
>>15018636
Not him, but that shut post is just awful

> Le you mad bro xDDDD

Come on didn't even contribute you're just like the one guy in a group that never does anything to help yet is the first one to point fingers and complain about shit instead of being useful. Just awful.
>>
Saw it earlier today.
Thoroughly entertaining, but it stuck to the same formula EP 4, 6 and 7 had and was very fast paced. One too many fan-pandering cameos/scenes as well, I thought.
The droid character was entertaining though, and the SFX were great except for the CGI Tarkin. The part towards the end with Darth Vader activating his lightsaber in the dark and then killing all the rebels as they desperately try to get a door open to get the Death Star blueprints out of the ship was a great scene.
>>
>>15020466
>fucking retarded liberals and projecting onto their films
There were no politics projected onto this film that wasn't in the OT.
>>
>>15018371
Also, terrorist, terrorists were great

Allu al khabar!
>>
>>15020466
It isn't really reflected in the actual movie, at least not more than the stances Star Wars usually has.

These retards are just damaging their own movie for shit that isn't even in it.
>>
File: doug chiang.jpg (138KB, 722x457px) Image search: [Google]
doug chiang.jpg
138KB, 722x457px
>>15024334
Projecting maybe.
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.