[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Harlock thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: snapshot20100331185003.jpg (25KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot20100331185003.jpg
25KB, 640x480px
The Mazone were fascinating villians in a golden age sci-fi kinda way. Didn't see the zombies coming, that was really cool. I liked how they showed off all these burning corpses throughout the show.
The secret of humanities origins tieing into the Mazones claim to the planet was a pleasant if predictable twist, added depth to the whole thing. The dystopic earth reminded me of Wall-E & Idiocracy. I too, enjoy wallowing in Pessimism like Harlock, but the message I took away from the show was ultimately a rejection of that at the very end.
That ocarina music was better than Zelda, and the music in general was 10/10
This is so much better than Harlock Saga was
>>
>>15018032
I don't like Harlock outside of the Heavy Melder episodes.
Some characters act so irrationally nearly every episode that it frustrates me.
I thought the Mazone were kind of boring.
The music is good, and I like Mime, Emeraldas and Tochiro.
If you compare it to Yamato and 999, it's definitely the weaker series.

Harlock Saga is simply weird because it's loosely based on Das Rheingold.
Endless Odyssey and Gun Frontier are the only Harlock shows I really enjoyed.
>>
File: 1440455260470.jpg (117KB, 640x456px) Image search: [Google]
1440455260470.jpg
117KB, 640x456px
I watched the whole original series about a year or two ago

I've forgotten most of what went on aside from that if you ever see one of those "What If scenarios" and you needed a buddy with you for whatever reason to always pick Harlock because he'll always show up at the right moment shooting someone with his ray gun.
>>
>>15018139
Arcadia of my Youth was pretty good
>>
>>
>>15018032
I liked the manga better than what I watched of the anime because they didn't keep heading back to boring earth.
>>
>>15018032
but Harlock was a good boy
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.