[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Super Rescue Solbrain General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 115

File: 203703-1_orig.jpg (123KB, 800x629px) Image search: [Google]
203703-1_orig.jpg
123KB, 800x629px
I have an announcement to make: today, December 12, I have completed initial translation of all 53 episodes of Super Rescue Solbrain. What remains now is for me to go through and make a secondary pass on them before releasing them. My method of subbing is to build a backlog by subtitling many episodes in advance, while regularly editing and releasing episodes.

I aim to do this quickly. Some of you have referred to this process as Jetmanning, after how quickly GUIS did Jetman. With this in mind, I will refrain from posting in individual threads for new episode releases because they are going to come out often and I don't want to spam up the board with my threads.

I would also like to ask for your assistance in hunting down any typos or weird grammatical errors/double words that were missed in the editing process. I want to correct those for the batch.

That being said, I am about to post Episode #20 in this thread. I do like to post notes on every episode, sometimes they are useful/important.
>>
File: braver20.png (677KB, 636x477px) Image search: [Google]
braver20.png
677KB, 636x477px
https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=879876

When an American girl studying abroad is killed in a hit and run accident, one by one, the perpetrators begin to die at the hands of a shadowy commando who evades all attempts at capture. As Solbrain investigates, Daiki is forced to confront the shocking truth that his former instructor when he trained with the FBI may be behind the killings. But with Daiki incredibly close to this case, will he be able to do what's necessary when the time comes?

Notes:
Veteran writer Takashi Yamada writes this action packed story with slick writing. We get Rambo like revenge, drama, political scheming, Daiki's backstory, and a critical crisis of conscience. The action starts and just doesn't stop, leading to an emotional ending. It's an excellent episode, and probably would be considered even more excellent, if not for the teaser that shows what's coming in the next episode.

Yes, that's right. You loved them. You missed them. Ryoma, Bikel, and Walter are BACK!
>>
>>15017267
Woow. A lot of Metal Heroes are being done now. This makes me happy because I dont know anything about this franchiese and that will make me go spoiler free
>>
I <3 U
>>
>>15017267
Are you going to continue to sub Metal Hero shows or do something else? If you continue with the Metal Hero shows, what's next after Solbrian? Exceedraft?
>>
>>15017283
Thanks again sir, this episode sounds promising--
>Yes, that's right. You loved them. You missed them. Ryoma, Bikel, and Walter are BACK!
Fuck yes!

>>15017354
>>15017750
Just you wait, he'll jump right into Exceedraft later this year.
>>
NEAT.
>>
Once they're done mining the space sheriffs for all the japan shekels they can get, do you think we'll get a trilogy of rescue police movies
>>
>>15018019
Seems a bit doubtful, given that Solbrain didn't even get Figuarts. Winspector seems to be the one people remember/like the most.
>>
>>15017267
>I am about to post Episode #20 in this thread. I do like to post notes on every episode, sometimes they are useful/important.
Hey, Sailor. Now with all episodes almost done, how much frequency will you post each episode here? Thanks, mate.

>>15018019
>do you think we'll get a trilogy of rescue police movies
Dude, down the hype A LOT. Toei made this "fast revival" of space sheriffs and nothing more. They don't REALLY want a show or new movies of other MHs.

Did you watch Jiraiya in Ninningers ep.34 last year? Well... It was not Toei's ideia. Takumi Tsutsui, the Jiraya actor, asked Toei for that (they did a new suit for the Super Hero Taisen Z but did not have the intent to use it anymore). Do you realize how DUMB and LAZY Toei really is?

So, forget about it. Same shit for Jiban, Metalder, Rescue Police or any other MH MC. It would be pretty great see these shows again (sequel, remake, spin off, special guest, whatever), however... we need to stay realistic.

>>15017354
>This makes me happy because I dont know anything about this franchiese and that will make me go spoiler free
We are finishing a Metal Heroes Guide and will make a Metal Heroes General after Sailor finished and posted all episodes of Solbrain. Stay tunned.
>>
>>15017267
Thanks for your work SO. I loved Winspector and loving Solbrain now too so this is good news.

I'm not that good at spotting typos in subs but if I do, I´ll inform them, thanks a lot.

>>15018115
>tfw no Janperson in Drive

Speaking of revivals, I always wondered, was Gavan really THAT popular back then ( like, was he at OG Ultraman, KR 1 or Goranger level) or Toei just milks it the most just for being the first?
>>
>>15018115
>>New movies
Same shit with the new Gavan movie. People REALLY think Juspion will be back because Mad Gallant will be there... No fucking way. Toei will just revive Mad Gallant (to be killed again for the third time) only because Space Sheriffs don't have a great villain.

Just it.
>>
File: 2346556.jpg (56KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
2346556.jpg
56KB, 640x480px
>>15018152
>Speaking of revivals, I always wondered, was Gavan really THAT popular back then ( like, was he at OG Ultraman, KR 1 or Goranger level) or Toei just milks it the most just for being the first?
We need to see the old tv numbers. Gavan got 15% during its first year (than 14% with Sharivan, 12% with Shaider...). Nowadays, Sentai and KR are doing just 3-4%. If you see only the numbers, they did it "well".

However, nowadays we need to go beyond and also see the QUALITY of the show (technically speaking, if they aged like milk or wine). In this case, I think they are not that good and Toei tries to force it a bit harder... Exactly how they did with Goranger in Gokaiger. Same shit.

Space Sheriff, especially Gavan, is basically the "AkaRanger of MH": just the pioneer, not the best. In essence, it's just jap homage.
>>
>>15018152
Gavan did better than any Sentai series after Goranger. So, yeah, it was not quite at Goranger levels, but it's the closest thing to it. This is still quite a bit bellow Rider's peak with Rider 1 and V3, but Rider's original run had very high numbers in general even after the drops with later shows. X got reformulated several times during its run but it actually performed better than Goranger in tv ratings.

>>15018262
>However, nowadays we need to go beyond and also see the QUALITY of the show
That's not how it works though. Toei went for Gavan and the space sheriffs because they were the most successful Metal Hero series in the first place, and the most well remembered. It doesn't matter if you think they didn't age as well as later shows, they're the most well known and referenced, so they have the strongest brand power, which is why they were the ones that got a revival.
>>
>>15018262
>However, nowadays we need to go beyond and also see the QUALITY of the show (technically speaking, if they aged like milk or wine).
>le art ages meme

>Exactly how they did with Goranger in Gokaiger.
So not at all? Have you even watched Gokaiger?
>>
File: img5347763.jpg (171KB, 1432x810px) Image search: [Google]
img5347763.jpg
171KB, 1432x810px
>>15018325
Errrrrrrrrr.... I know it, anon. It's pretty obvious, basic stuff.

But we are talking about different things. You are talking about common 2016's audience, how normies and actual Toei see it. I'm talking about old fags who have been watching this shit since 80's (including myself - yeah, I'm old). So, let's make a clear division here.

And let's be honest: if Toei REALLY trusted in this franchise, they would made a regular tv series show (not "commemorative" v-cinemas), also putting every non-space sheriff as guests in relative current series... But they don't have the guts to do it (will and audience).

As I said, Toei is lazy as hell even to do it simple things (like the Jiraiya case).
>>
>>15018115

Well if all it takes for those sorts of cameos is to make the damn suit then it's not that outlandish. They're running out of long-lasting suits to make!
>>
>>15018353
>So not at all? Have you even watched Gokaiger?
Of course - and I think it's a pretty overrated show. But this is MH, not sentai. So, let's avoid off-topics in a MH thread.
>>
File: bkub2.png (153KB, 420x283px) Image search: [Google]
bkub2.png
153KB, 420x283px
>>15018152
My friend said that Gavan was the absolute coolest for kids back in the 80s. It was what you watched if you had cool parents who would let you watch scary and violent shows. It was a more scary and violent than even KR and Sentai. Goggle V was the Sentai at the time and Rider wasn't airing on TV that year.
>>
>>15018382
>>15018382
I think his point is that Goranger didn't get that much of a push in Gokaiger. There was Black Cross Fuhrer returning as the villain in 199 Heroes with the Goren Gokaioh appearing as the movie's great power, but outside of that it was basically just another series. Even in that movie we basically just get a speech from Akaranger rather than actual screentime bonding with him. It's definitely nowhere comparable to the focus that Rider 1 and Gavan get compared to the later Riders/Metal Heroes.
>>
>>15018382
I'm not the one who brought Gokaiger for a wrong example though.
>>
>>15018153
Plus Kurosaki is basically retired anyways. I wouldn't be surprised if Haruta was more than happy when he was asked to show up in the crossover film, given how active he is nowadays.
>>
>>15018365
He is not talking about anything different, anon. He is blatantly telling you that your opinions do not matter in this situation.
>>
>SO contemplates doing Exceed's Xmas episode because why not
Oh lord almighty. What is it with Metal Heroes and completely nutbar Christmas episodes? It's a bit of an odd trend.
>>
File: what the fuck is going on here.png (547KB, 638x478px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck is going on here.png
547KB, 638x478px
>>15019328
The problem with doing this is it's a two parter and it spoils the fuck out of the show. Also, it's nonsensical because characters from midway through make their grand return.
>>
>>15019429
Probably better not to do it then.
>>
File: spielban_34.jpg (34KB, 720x544px) Image search: [Google]
spielban_34.jpg
34KB, 720x544px
>>15019429
>>15019328
Santa-san episode?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-22-02-27-42.png (1MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-22-02-27-42.png
1MB, 1280x800px
>>15019487
>>
File: mad gallant is MAD.jpg (124KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
mad gallant is MAD.jpg
124KB, 1440x810px
>>15019106
Probably. But I saw some news around he'll just dub the villain. He may not appear in scene, just the suit actor.

Who knows. Let's wait to confirm.
>>
>>15019429
Nah, dont do it then.
>>
>>15019429
A fair point (though it won't stop Dorkly from streaming it anyway).
>>
>>15019503
I don't think Mad Gallant even had a human form. He's always in that Meta Hero-like armor.
>>
File: madman.jpg (167KB, 996x444px) Image search: [Google]
madman.jpg
167KB, 996x444px
>>15019525
Anon, the guy has his own fashion designer. How can you say that?
>>
>>15019544

Huh. For some reason, I don't remember him at all.
>>
>>15019554
How? He was in his human form A LOT during the course of the series.
>>
>>15019554
>>15019572
Starting at the 4th episode, no less. Not sure how anyone can forget the show's designated archrival.
>>
>>15019520
there's likely to be a lot of spoilers/finales in the stream
I've already got it going nonstop for my background noise as I upload more stuff to youtube, so I'm trying to keep an eye out for what all will be in these, that way people can have a heads-up if an episode reveals how Main Character was really the secret heir to Bad Guy all along or whatever
>>
File: CzkMGHGWgAQe3wK.jpg (34KB, 635x478px) Image search: [Google]
CzkMGHGWgAQe3wK.jpg
34KB, 635x478px
JESUS WHAT THE FUCK

The end of Exceedraft is about Armageddon. An Angel of God comes on Christmas to literally cause the Rapture, sparing the children chosen by God to allow at least some of humanity to survive the final battle between God and Satan. And for some reason both God and Satan use Santas as their messengers..
>>
>>15019855
hahahaha oh holy shit that's fucking great
there is no fucking way I am not showing that every Christmas forever
if I have to put a monitor on my gravestone I will fucking show that forever
>>
File: exceedsanta6.webm (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
exceedsanta6.webm
3MB, 320x240px
>>15019855
Typical Business Suit Satan.
>>
>>15019865
Business Suit Satan is playing racquetball in episode 43, like a douchebag.
>>
File: exceedraftsatan.jpg (759KB, 639x4789px) Image search: [Google]
exceedraftsatan.jpg
759KB, 639x4789px
>>15019855
Oh, it gets weirder.
This is why toku should always have ESPer shenanigans.
>>
>>15019855
That...that's absolutely fucking amazing. Holy shit.
>>
>>15019881
I should probably mention that Business Suit Satan has a legit glowing 666 tattoo on him and after he plunges the world into the apocalypse, humanity resorts to cannibalism in a record 12 hours or something.

He is also defeated, in part, with the help of an unborn indigo child shooting psycho energy from within its mother's womb. For serious.

Basically, Exceedraft is the best.
>>
>>15019751
A wise move, then.

>>15019855
>>15019861
>>15019881
The funny thing is, Jun Hikasa went on to produce GoGo V later on, so it's no wonder.

>>15019898
>Masaki comes back literally two episodes away from the final battle
Seeing his reaction to all of this will be something, to say the least.
>>
File: badass ryoma.png (382KB, 629x477px) Image search: [Google]
badass ryoma.png
382KB, 629x477px
Episode 21: The Return of Winspector (PART I)

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=880113

Buckle up, because this is the one you've been waiting for! When the GigaStreamer, Winspector's most powerful weapon, is sent back to Japan to be overhauled and tested by Braver, Commander Masaki reminisces about his irreplaceable first team. But something strange is going on: Winspector can't be reached at the ICPO headquarters in France. Even more troubling are the sightings of Bikel and Walter within the city... and finally, Ryoma himself attempting to murder a child! What's going on here? Has the legendary Ryoma Kagawa become a criminal?!

Notes: This is a clip show, pure and simple. Just like American shows that reminisce about past episodes and seasons, this episode is primarily made of clips from Winspector and music from the show. But if you love Winspector, that won't be a bad thing, will it? Very little story in this episode, but what it sets up for is a fantastic three part team-up. Junko and Koyama won't be back though, unfortunately. Enjoy this slickly written feel-good episode that leads into an amazing Terminator 2 ripoff!
>>
>>15019898
>an unborn indigo child shooting psycho energy from within its mother's womb.

Sounds like something out of a Kamen Rider Shin sequel
>>
>>15020098
>clip show, but for a different series
I'm more than okay with this, seems like an uncommon practice.
>Junko and Koyama won't be back though, unfortunately.
Oh well, figured as much.

>>15020118
More like a sequel to Victory Gundam.
>>
File: GigaStreamer2.jpg (63KB, 358x509px) Image search: [Google]
GigaStreamer2.jpg
63KB, 358x509px
>>15020098
I think Europe traumatized Ryoma in Solbrain. Almost the same shit America did to Brian in Winspector, hehehe.

Outside Japan is harcore... Guetos in Los Angeles, favelas in Rio, muslins in Europe. Hard times, man. Bring some Giga Streamers.
>>
https://twitter.com/JEFFBM/status/808847685218222080?lang=fr
>Maybe double bill it with Kabutack Christmas.
I seriously doubt that this would be a good idea.

>>15020180
As with anything in Rescue Police, things are not what they seem.
>>
hey SailorOtaku, can you seed the Winspector batch torrent?

I'm getting only 15kbps
>>
>>15020242
Yep, firing up that seed for ya.
>>
File: 1477073863514.gif (16KB, 320x288px) Image search: [Google]
1477073863514.gif
16KB, 320x288px
>>15020337
thanks!
>>
File: 1222458873501.jpg (23KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1222458873501.jpg
23KB, 800x600px
>>
>>
File: the team.png (712KB, 632x482px) Image search: [Google]
the team.png
712KB, 632x482px
Episode 21: The Ruthless Fire (PART II)

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=880457

Winspector's Ryoma Kagawa, Walter, and Bikel have shown up in Tokyo! However, Ryoma's actions are baffling: he indiscriminately attacks individuals including a child while claiming to be on a top secret mission. And even the ICPO in Paris, the organization that governs Winspector's international activities, claims to have no knowledge of Ryoma's presence in Japan. When Bikel becomes worried and contacts Commander Masaki, the awful truth will begin to unravel!

Notes:
There is a scene in here that takes place in a house with a bound and gagged couple that is a mashup of two scenes from Terminator 2: the one where the T-1000 is disguised as a man's wife and stabs him through the mouth, and the scene where Sarah repairs the T-800 in a garage. Appropriate given the gimmick in this episode. However, the Terminator comparisons end there: the story takes its own route afterwards. There is a disappointing quantity of stock footage in this episode. You will notice some scenes of the Winspector team saving people from Winspector (remember that scene of Bikel lifting the people up from Winspector Episode 1?), and some of the Solbrain team from Solbrain Episode 1. That being said, it's actually a very fun episode, and seeing Ryoma Suit Up again (even though he's not in his badass Camaro) was really satisfying.
>>
>>15022752
>There is a disappointing quantity of stock footage in this episode.
I hope I don't have to see that shockwave-making device from Winspector again, Toei got a lot of mileage out of that.

That aside, thanks yet again!
>>
>>15022752
>Episode 21: The Ruthless Fire (PART II)
Seriously: this scene (pic related) was one of the best in the entire trilogy.

NO SHIT.
>>
>>15022828
Oops. That should say Episode 22.
>>
>>15021779
That's really cool. Looks like a mix between SolJeanne and Den-O, with Kamen Rider's mouth.
>>
File: TOCA AQUI.png (120KB, 534x528px) Image search: [Google]
TOCA AQUI.png
120KB, 534x528px
Sailor Otaku, you are one of the greatest heroes of /m/. I SALUT YOU FOR YOUR AWESOME WORK.
>>
File: realhero.png (2KB, 768x682px) Image search: [Google]
realhero.png
2KB, 768x682px
>>15022862
You're the real hero!
>>
File: winspector and solbrain.png (608KB, 634x476px) Image search: [Google]
winspector and solbrain.png
608KB, 634x476px
Episode 23:
From Ryoma to Daiki! (PART III)

The rift between Ryoma and Daiki grows as the deadly shapeshifting spy robot, Messiah, escapes. With no way to stop it from self destructing, the Winspector and Solbrain teams learn a horrifying truth about the robot's self aware behavior. Now, both teams must work together to prevent as many civilian casualties as possible.

Notes: A really good episode, a great conclusion to the three parter. The writing is slick and the characterization is believable. Though somehow, I feel like the ends-justify-the-means characterization of Ryoma is a bit out of character, unless being in Europe really has taught him that behavior. Luckily, things do change when he comes back later in the series. I guess they also needed a way to sell off the stocks of leftover GigaStreamer toys, so they brought it back into the series! Enjoy this excellent, well written episode. And unfortunately, Bikel and Walter's final non-flashback appearance. :(
>>
>>15025545
Thanks a million, you're practically spoiling us with these.
>>
Hey OP, I'm curious. Do you sub these by ear, or do you have a script you labor over? Machine translation and edited into native English, or J->E?

I'm curious since I live in Japan but still lack the skills to keep up with shows meant for kids. Definitely envious of how you're able to just go ahead and sub an entire series like that.
>>
File: IMG534645.jpg (215KB, 660x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG534645.jpg
215KB, 660x500px
>>15025545
>Ryoma to Daiki
>>
File: 1464706264121.jpg (128KB, 986x553px) Image search: [Google]
1464706264121.jpg
128KB, 986x553px
>>
>>15025545
Damn, crankin em out lately. Good work.
>>
>>15018494
There's some points in Gavan where I think "There's no way parents didn't complain about this."

And that probably upped the cool factor by a bunch for kids watching it in the 80s.
>>
>>15025696
A combination of both, really. I have the closed captioning scripts, and in some cases I actually own the physical shooting scripts for the episodes (which are frequently different) but I go through every line, listen, and do a full translation. Machine translation only occasionally translates idioms: it tries to do them literally. CC scripts also do not have things like songs or onscreen text, and I have actually noticed typos from time to time.

To give an example of a machine translation issue, the expression, "I won't dance in your palm." -- means, "I won't let you manipulate me." -- machine translation will almost always translate it literally. It also can't get pronouns and subjects correct, you really have to listen. Japanese is often a very vague language.
>>
>>15025696
There's also the matter of localization. There's a few things that will have no meaning in English, so you have to localize them to make sense. The fact that Bikel had a kind of goofy accent needed to be conveyed to make the character work, since the accent is directly referenced several times, so I had to give him kind of a goofy Jersey/New England accent.

By the way, people who automatically translate Kansai as Southern American are dumb.

Osaka people are super proud of their accent, which they say no one outside of Osaka can imitate. They have a baseball team that they follow rabidly. They have the best seafood in Japan. They're coastal. They're a little rude, but in a friendly way, and their comedy is renowned. And they have a super rivalry with Tokyo and especially Tokyo's baseball team. That's why it's obvious: if you do Osaka as a Boston accent, you're doing it right.
>>
>>15026424
>By the way, people who automatically translate Kansai as Southern American are dumb.

Don't people only do this because of how the dub of Azumanga Daioh handled Osaka's accent?
>>
File: TSGB-Messiah_Reboot.jpg (26KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
TSGB-Messiah_Reboot.jpg
26KB, 450x600px
>>15025545

MESSIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
>>
File: metal heroes_80s-90's.jpg (200KB, 1920x960px) Image search: [Google]
metal heroes_80s-90's.jpg
200KB, 1920x960px
>>15026242
>I think "There's no way parents didn't complain about this."
People were not hypocritical - and that was one reason why these shows are great. Just it.

To be pretty honest, there's no problem about it because all those points where showed as "serious bad shit", always self-explanatory: Sake? You got drunked and feel sick next day. Drugs? You go to the hospital. Satanic references? You got hurt in the end (so follow the good path). Suicide? You die. Cute girl licking your face? Not nasty, it's fucking awesome.

In general, parents nowadays are pretty dumb, super protective, don't have time to waste and let the heavy hand of midia tell you what your kid should watch. In some countries, this is so strong there is no kids shows anymore.

The guys who watched toku in 80's-90's are now the fathers of these alienated millenials.
>>
>>15026428
I thought Azumanga was an ADV joint, don't they do it as Texan?
>>
>>15026737
>The guys who watched toku in 80's-90's are now the fathers of these alienated millenials.

Technically they themselves are considered millenials if they were born in the early 80s.
>>
>>15026424
Now I'm debating whether Scouse would be a good UK equivalent, or maybe Geordie, but that one's notoriously incomprehensible.
>>
>>15025938
>there are two Reds now
Do you suppose that this show is what inspired Yasuko Kobayashi's usual habit in the first place (although she didn't actually start writing for Metal Hero until Janperson)?

>>15026746
That is correct. They also did the same for the MCs of Abenobashi.

>>15026456
Glad to see I wasn't alone in thinking that.
>>
File: 4534664.jpg (13KB, 200x263px) Image search: [Google]
4534664.jpg
13KB, 200x263px
>>15026757
Even people from Human Resources don't understand each other about these generations. I just given up.
>>
>>15026782
Scouse, or perhaps Cornish/Devon.
>>
File: 6435.jpg (63KB, 800x626px) Image search: [Google]
6435.jpg
63KB, 800x626px
>>15026784
>what inspired Yasuko Kobayashi
Hard to know, mate. Specially shows with more than 1 writer (co-writers).

But there are some common points I like: bring back an older character senpai-like to the battlefield is always nice (Gavan->Sharivan, Winspector->Solbrain). And MCs who got upgrades are neat too (this is basically a law for most toku heroes).
>>
>>15026746
Haha, you know, a funny story, ADV used to be located in a shopping center in Texas.
>>
>>15026852
Yeah, those are cool (when done nicely). Though Jiban did the "older character is coming back" trend by having the kid sidekick show up instead of the hero, weirdly enough.
>>
>>15027646
>kid sidekick
Tiger Boy drug rehab program.
>>
File: jiraiya_tips fedora.jpg (92KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
jiraiya_tips fedora.jpg
92KB, 720x960px
>>15027772
"My little brother is doomed".
Jiraiya.
>>
>>15017267
Hey Otaku, your Winspector Mega folder is down. I'm only a few episodes from being done and the individual torrents don't have any seeds. Halp?
>>
>>15028159
wait winspector had a mega folder?
>>
File: img63775.jpg (125KB, 652x720px) Image search: [Google]
img63775.jpg
125KB, 652x720px
Fuck torrents. They are good just for releases. Since things became "old", DDL is the key. Besides Champstice's Mega folder, I created my own Juspion folder to share with the community.

https://mega.nz/#F!OFBwmDqJ!309z7HbqQjsEKVF4G89yDw

I truly believe this is the ONLY decent way to spread toku, specially MH shows among beginners. Every single show done MUST have a DDL account.

BTW, Gavan and Byclosser have DDLs folder?
>>
>>15028165
Yep. Otaku posted it awhile back.
>>
>>15028202
Problem with DDLs and MEGA specifically is that there is a cap on how much one account can upload. They also get dealt with faster for copyright infringement as far as I can tell.
>>
>>15028260
And the problem with torrents is that after a while, they barely get any seeds. I can't even fucking finish Bioman now.
>>
>>15028202
>I truly believe this is the ONLY decent way to spread toku

Were you not around for Megaupload? Do you realize how much valuable shit was lost there?
>>
>>15028282
Oh god, they were about to give that guy 50 years just for pirating.
>>
>>15028282
This. We CANNOT rely on a single filesharing site. We need several at the very least and torrents and other sources and archives.

We still haven't recovered everything that was lost in the Megalopalypse.
>>
>>15028335
What was lost from Megaupload?
>>
>>15028365
Just off the top of my head, a ton of artbooks, soundtracks, etc. Entire subbed series (Hurricanger, etc), better raws of a ton of stuff like AT VOTOMS Shining Heresy, etc.
>>
>>15028403
Damn. We did lose a lot of great stuff.
>>
>>15028365
I think Dead Fish's versions of Robot Detective and Changeman are pretty much gone.
>>
>>15028410
...Wait, I didn't know Dead Fish did Robot Detective.
>>
File: ninja hacking.jpg (64KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
ninja hacking.jpg
64KB, 800x600px
>>15028265
>I can't even fucking finish Bioman now.
This. These kind of shit that happened in Sentai I want to avoid in MH projects.

>>15028260
>Problem with DDLs and MEGA specifically is that there is a cap on how much one account can upload.
Can't 4-5 people here create each one an account to put only 1 show inside? Ex: I did one just for Juspion and share the link, anon 2 do another for Gavan, anon 3 for Byclosser, anon 3 for Winspector, anon 4 for Solbrain...? Then we create a DDL show list inside some pastebin and share.

About deleted copyright, don't they do it based on traffic, or just the file name?

>>15028282
I was not talking about Mega specifically. I just have an account there. If motherfuckers delete it, I'll find another place and upload again... What else can I do?

>>15028365
>What was lost from Megaupload?
Want to know x2.
>>
>>15028265
Yell at GUIS to at least get the damn batch torrent done.

>>15028449
Yeah. IIRC, it was also the only show he ever did in it's entirety.
>>
>>15028509
Damn.

I really wanted to watch that show. I heard Deadfish had some decent subs too.
>>
>>15028509
No, it's actually Changeman that they finished (well, almost, the translator didn't like the musical episodes), not Robot Detective.

On the bright side, MBE and Hi no Tori are doing a joint project for Robot Detective. The downside, Hi no Tori move as fast as they usually do, and any non-MBE releases must be downloaded via a forum account.

>>15028509
Chief problem with that is that one of the members is married now. Virushopper is the only active one at the moment.
>>
>>15028515
They were alright. Though there was a period where they would use Windows Movie Maker. I think the also occasionally left some lines untranslated.

>>15028549
> No, it's actually Changeman that they finished (well, almost, the translator didn't like the musical episodes)

Ah, alright then. It's been a really long time, so I'm bound to mix up details. I recall being kind of upset they didn't want to do it because I unironically love the karaoke episode.

I do know that Robot Detective is getting worked on and it's almost complete. Though knowing Hi no Tori it'll be another two years before the last four episodes come out.
>>
>>15028202
>Fuck torrents. They are good just for releases.
It's good to have both options underage-kun

>>15028282
Back then I hoped that'd show people how the "it'll always be online!" attitude is retarded but it sadly didn't.
>>
File: 7834563214.jpg (79KB, 589x734px) Image search: [Google]
7834563214.jpg
79KB, 589x734px
Looks like JA Scanlations (http://ja-scanlations.tumblr.com/) got stucked in Jiban ep.4.

Seriously: the first 2 subs (ep.2 and ep.3) are pretty ok, but I'm not felling much will from these guys... They need to learn some techniques from Sailor.
>>
>>15028410
>Changeman
I recall guides saying there were only two unsubbed episodes like if anyone could travel to the past and get the missing one.
>>
File: e74f76gh2.jpg (104KB, 347x494px) Image search: [Google]
e74f76gh2.jpg
104KB, 347x494px
>>15028568
>It's good to have both options underage-kun
Tell it to >>15028265, blind-tan.
>>
>>15028593
>It's good to have both
>therefore torrent has no flaws
Anon, if torrent had no flaws, then I wouldnt be saying it's good to have both. Are you literally retarded?
>>
>>15028577
Those guides are probably very old.
>>
>>15028576
Damn, looks like Jiban is cursed now. First Moon-Lighters, now them.

Then again, the tumblr owner did say he only does stuff when he feels like it.
>>
>>15028633
> Jiban cursed
> Groups fansubbing Jiraiya killed by subninjas

Oh well.
>>
>>15028629
Just checked and they're up to Zyuohger's release. the one at L&C still says two episodes are missing.
The one at tokusubs wiki is also updated with GUIS's release(which started this year IIRC) and also claims there's two missing episodes on deadfish.
But it added this "sentai fan" subs of those two missing episodes(the two that were never subbed, not the one lost with MU).
>>
https://twitter.com/WeeabooShogun/status/809880444128952320?lang=fr
>I might do two episodes just to get the bad taste of it out of everyone's mouth.
Luckily, I already got the Kakuranger episode with Tsuruhime's sisters as a palette cleanser.

You are forgiven though, because Takaku is the one who couldn't adapt to a series that's relatively grounded. Doesn't help that this came right after one of the best episodes.
>>
>>15028159
I had actually taken it down, didn't know anyone was still using it. THe eps there are not as complete as the batch.

https://mega.nz/#F!z8MVSR6K!Zkfu0Yq0XmEaMssYQRREYg
>>
File: 523454.jpg (50KB, 500x703px) Image search: [Google]
523454.jpg
50KB, 500x703px
>>15028991
Hey, Sailor. I realize your Winspector releases got both JP and BR audio. However, Solbrain not, only JP.

Well... I have all the PT-BR audio. Can I add it?
>>
>>15028991
On a related note, have you tried this out? Just don't mind the uploader's scathing review of Shatterhand.
http://www.romhacking.net/translations/229/
>>
>>15030479
The original DVD raws I used had Portuguese but the batch were higher video quality but had none. Solbrain, I don't have dual audio.
>>
File: wild birds.png (522KB, 633x473px) Image search: [Google]
wild birds.png
522KB, 633x473px
Episode 24: Save the Goshawk!

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=881368

In his off time, Daiki spends time with members of a local birdwatching society. By chance, he encounters a young misfit in whom he hopes he can help instill the values of life. But poachers are afoot, attempting to catch and smuggle an endangered goshawk. Can Daiki stop them before the poaching endangers human lives as well as bird lives?

Notes: Susumu Takaku once again writes another environmental episode about giant birds, only this time without hilarious puppets. You surely remember the giant bird episode of Winspector, and the one with the giant bat monster and witch that somehow hypnotized Bikel in Winspector. Now we have a more realistic but no less absurd episode of Solbrain. When Daiki has time off he's trying to pick up some girl from the birdwatching society. He has time to counsel some asshole kid about the meaning of life and then that kid runs into some poachers who are after an endangered goshawk. Things happen and then DAIKI THREATENS HUMAN BEINGS WITH THE GIGASTREAMER. That seems like an incredible escalation of force. Also, why is Solbrain even investigating bird poaching? Isn't that a job for the prefectural police, or the equivalent of Fish & Wildlife?

On the other hand, the things Keiko says about the Tama River pollution is true, and it is also true that in the 1990s, it rebounded and now much of the damage has been reversed thanks to conservation laws.

I am afraid I do not like this episode because I don't see how Solbrain should be investigating poaching. But I guess that's why they are heroic. Even the smallest crimes matter to them. And on TV, there's no such thing as "jurisdiction".
>>
>>15030587
Thnx
>>
File: rogue one.jpg (222KB, 818x618px) Image search: [Google]
rogue one.jpg
222KB, 818x618px
>>15030573
>The original DVD raws I used had Portuguese
Wow... Impressive and unexpected. But no trouble about that.

Ah, just a curiosity from someone who stopped using it since 2006: which software do you use to mix video+audio+QC/subtitles and release your episodes?

>>15030587
Great.
>>
>>15030627
MKVtoolnix
>>
>>15028991
You're a good man, Charlie Brown.
>>
>>15030587
Good on you for once again managing to Brave through a bad episode of something.

Seriously though, Daiki using the Gigastreamer against humans for such a minor crime is completely missing the point of the crossover that just occurred. Feels like Takaku didn't bother to get informed about what the other writers were doing.

But hey, a Sugimura episode is coming next at least.
>>
File: 5342654.jpg (7KB, 221x180px) Image search: [Google]
5342654.jpg
7KB, 221x180px
>>15031039
>Daiki using the Gigastreamer against humans for such a minor crime is completely missing the point of the crossover that just occurred
That's the point when you watch and analyze it as an adult, from a writer's perpective. When I watched it as a kid (and from a kid's perpective), I didn't give a fuck about it, kek...

>>15030777
Thanks. I'll try to practice again.
>>
>>15031039
>>15031221
That's EXACTLY why I hated this episode. Ryoma just gave him the Gigastreamer BECAUSE he showed restraint. Very next episode, he threatens two randos. Yes, poaching is cruel and it is a crime, but it's not worth threatening people with a weapon that can destroy a building in one burst.
>>
File: solbrain25.png (608KB, 639x474px) Image search: [Google]
solbrain25.png
608KB, 639x474px
Episode 25: Giant Mothership, Come In

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=881464

An atmospheric compression device, capable of immense destruction is stolen by a criminal. Threatening the destruction of an oil refinery in distant Iwate Prefecture, the only hope to reach it in time is to have the professor that built the device accompany the Solbrain team aboard the SS-1. But when bombings begin to occur, will the team make it in time to stop the oil refinery from going up? Daiki makes a risky gambit that could very well lead to his own death!
Notes: Main writer Sugimura wrote this episode. When I'm translating and localizing, I can tell you that the best episodes to translate are always Sugimura or Ogizawa episodes. They love technical jargon, checklists, and other things that really make the show feel like a police show. So whenever I see one of their episodes, I know it's going to be a joy to write for, and this is no exception.

I really feel like you are going to like this episode. Sugimura writes a perfect mystery here with a ticking clock element, and Daiki's gambit is nothing short of inspired. This episode is the perfect heroic counterbalance to the previous Takaku episode which showed him threatening people who were of no real threat to him with the GigaStreamer one episode after Ryoma gave him the GigaStreamer for refusing to use it when he had the chance. This episode will make you forget the bird episode, and will actually make the SS-1 cool again.

You know, I think if they had an hour to do a Rescue Police episodes, I really think they could do some amazing crime storylines. When I see things like recent shows such as Arrow or even older shows like 24, it's obvious that having time to set up a crime can be a really effective storytelling technique. Ah well. Maybe if we buy enough Winspector Figuarts they'll think about doing that Winspector Prime Amazon Streaming series I had a dream about.
>>
File: gyaban-lasa-bureade_orig.jpg (90KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
gyaban-lasa-bureade_orig.jpg
90KB, 1024x576px
>>15031548
>I really think they could do some amazing crime storylines. When I see things like recent shows such as Arrow or even older shows like 24
Curious point.

Technically speaking, it's completely possible. However, the major problem here is about market focus: even with 40 sentais + 27 KRs + 18 metal heroes + many other solo productions, Toei don't have any intent to risk the format as an adult show (personally I think they should: sales and tv rates are terrible nowadays), but these guys are lazy as fuck, don't want to change the style, became slaves of Bandai (even Saban) more than never, and can't see their own franchises with 1% chance to be "serious & for adults", like US live action has been trying to be along these recente years (ex: DC TV with Arrow, like you said).

Unfortunately, they will die looking their shows as kid stuff... FOREVER.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW4DbnRIu_M

It really makes you think.
>>
File: sharivan_sekisha.webm (2MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
sharivan_sekisha.webm
2MB, 720x480px
>>15031548
>>15031717
By the way, the only best thing we can see today is just Space Sheriffs with modern CG effects/edition. Nothing more than this.

What a waste of potential.
>>
>>15031725
Honestly, that they even throw a bone to folks nostalgic for the Space Sheriffs is a miracle.
>>
>>15031548
>I can tell you that the best episodes to translate are always Sugimura or Ogizawa episodes. They love technical jargon, checklists, and other things that really make the show feel like a police show. So whenever I see one of their episodes, I know it's going to be a joy to write for, and this is no exception.
That's what I like to hear, so thanks once more.

>>15031717
The only way for those stodgy old businessman to change anything is if the toy sales go lower beyond zero. If they don't? Franchise is deader than dead, time to double down on what they got left. It's the nature of the beast.

Heck, it's a wonder that something like Ex-Aid managed to get serious themes at all, despite looking gaudier than Kabutack/Robotack.

>>15031849
Not to mention having Madgallant of all people come back.
>>
>>15031548

>Amazon Prime metal heroes

YOU'RE A GENIUS.
>>
>>15032592
That's certainly something I'd love to see. If Amazons season 2 continues to do well, I'd love to see something like a Rescue Trilogy or a B-Fighter reboot/sequel. Add in the proposed Akibaranger season 3 and we're living in the absolute perfect future.
>>
>>15031548
>You know, I think if they had an hour to do a Rescue Police episodes, I really think they could do some amazing crime storylines.
Would this really achieve something that can't possibly be done with two-part half hour episodes?
>>
https://twitter.com/strongest_human/status/810239366148816896
Looks like the Metal Hero police train won't be stopping any time soon with this.
>>
File: nig_cry.jpg (30KB, 479x464px) Image search: [Google]
nig_cry.jpg
30KB, 479x464px
>>15032900
>B-Fighter
By the way, will B-Fighter be subbed? I saw a message in Champstice's twitter and nothing more.

>>15028633
>Then again, the tumblr owner did say he only does stuff when he feels like it.
The most different and hardcore shows (Jiraiya, Jiban, Metalder, B-Swat) will be the very very last.

So sad.
>>
>>15033056
They're pulling a Sailor Otaku by doing a bunch of first passes, before eventually starting weekly releases.
>The most different and hardcore shows (Jiraiya, Jiban, Metalder, B-Swat) will be the very very last.
Nah, that would be the 'Tacks, since those don't have DVD box sets (assuming that would ever happen, given that they're more infamous than Ginguiser).
>>
>>15032930

what metal hero show has poncho boukenblack
>>
File: exploding fish terrorism.gif (2MB, 350x264px) Image search: [Google]
exploding fish terrorism.gif
2MB, 350x264px
>>15033204
Janperson (FOR JUSTICE!).
>>
File: janperson_fingers.webm (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
janperson_fingers.webm
2MB, 400x300px
>>15033212
Janperson = Purple Jiban + Police Academy.
>>
>>15033109
I really wonder how bad Kabutack and Robotack are if even a DVD release is out of the question.
>>
>>15035497
It's babby shit.

It has a few great designs, but it's a complete 180 from previous shows. It's like Robocon/Robomaru with a few cool looking upgraded mechs. On the whole, it's a wacky robot pal show.

I guess they wanted to sell some toys and this was the way to do it. It's a shameful low point in Metal Heroes, when Fushigi Comedy Series and Metal Heroes kind of merged into one entity.

An Indonesian dub that will give you an idea of what to expect:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdBrOLDnQgY
>>
>>15036759
I do like wacky robot pal shows, but yeah, I can see why people aren't that enthused by them. They really don't belong.

I think the Robotack toys have a pretty cool gimmick, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxpxZbW6OL8
>>
File: kill them.gif (496KB, 280x180px) Image search: [Google]
kill them.gif
496KB, 280x180px
>>15035497
I watched de raws some time ago. Valid for kids, but a complete waste for old viewers (specially if you watched the previous shows before). To me, MH ended 2 years earlier, with B-F Kabuto and the last "great" moment in MH was the last crossover.

About the DVDs, I'm pretty sure I saw then 2-3 days ago, in jap online shops. It looks like they got release in 2009.

>>15036759
>An Indonesian dub that will give you an idea of what to expect:
MY SIDES.
>>
>>15036822
The thing is, it can be done well under the right hands. Take Galatt, nobody complains about that, since it takes the Dr. Slump route (by the director of Vifam, no less). Same gimmick, too.

That they had Urasawa as only an occasional episode writer for the 'Tacks was the biggest wasted opportunity.

>>15036844
>To me, MH ended 2 years earlier, with B-F Kabuto and the last "great" moment in MH was the last crossover.
As far as Toei is concerned, they think that too now.
>About the DVDs, I'm pretty sure I saw then 2-3 days ago, in jap online shops. It looks like they got release in 2009.
Looks like the proverbial Pandora's Box got found, then.
>>
>>15036860
Kabutack wise, it's only the Christmas special, mercifully, and the Robotack/Kabutack Wonderland crossover is also on DVD. Never a series release, probably not enough interest to justify an actual physical release. But maybe they'll run it on Toei Channel or on their app.
>>
>>15036860
>Take Galatt

I'm gonna stop you right there. Nobody has a problem with Galatt because it is not part of an established franchise where people already have in mind what it's "supposed" to be.
>>
>>15036911
Well, I'll grant you that.

>>15036875
>Christmas special
I still wonder if Dorkly will dare to run that on his stream.

On a related note, the "crossover" those shows had with B-Fighter consisted of the action figures of the latter. That was beyond lazy, even for Toei.
>>
>>15036844
Does that crossover happen in the B-Fighter show? What episode?
>>
>>15037092
The very last one. It was basically the Wizard episode 53 of the 90s.
>>
File: purple chan.jpg (23KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
purple chan.jpg
23KB, 640x480px
>>15037092
Encounter in 52, last fight in 53.
4 B-Fighters + 3 B.Swat + Janperson & Gun Gibson.
BTW, Purple SWAT is top waifu material.

>>15037218
>...the Wizard episode 53 of the 90s.
Nice definition.
>>
>>15036919
>I still wonder if Dorkly will dare to run that on his stream.
I've got a torrent going of the HnT version when I'm not at the office, but it seems to have stalled at around 80%
>>
>>15037587
It'll be frustrating when/if MBE get this far, since Blue Swat has almost no subs.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (61KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
61KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>15031717
That's the crazy thing. I watch something like Flash or Legends of Tomorrow and they're pretty much exactly like the better toku shows. They aren't as gaudy as recent ones, but they're still a steady mix of comedy with darkish-but-not-too-darkish drama.
>>
File: jiban met jiban.jpg (18KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
jiban met jiban.jpg
18KB, 480x320px
>>15042475
Yeah. Talking about other toku shows, when I watched the first Garo for the first time, I thought: holy shit, blood, head rips and even tits. Pretty edgy. However, it was aired after midnight and got only 25 eps.

In essence, Toei don't have the balls to do something like this. They just ignore the old audience - the guys who can spend $$$ buying an expensive collectible, dvds, BDs and shit like that. Even Disney realized it and changed a lot: they license e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g, for all age$.

Financially speaking, Toei is retard.

>>15042184
I saw an enterview with that guy. Crazy as fuck. Even Shouhei Kusaka (Jiban actor) got surprised, lol.
>>
>>15042649
>However, it was aired after midnight and got only 25 eps.

And, you know, all those sequels and prequels.
>>
>>15042649
>>15042657
Plus, Garo owes much of its success to pachinko.
>>
>>15037587
>>15037092
Worth noting that the crossover tries pretty hard to ignore the awful second half of Blue Swat. Queen gets almost no screen time, they bring back the Back to the Future theme, and they even go so far as to cut out Platinum entirely from the flashback explaining who Blue Swat are. Thank god for that. Sieg's beard is weird though.

It's a much better note to end Blue Swat on then the actual show. Actually, it's also one of the only really fun episodes of B-Fighter after the drop the Goahm Zone. Maybe that's just my love for Bill Goldy talking though.
>>
File: burn baby burn.png (264KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
burn baby burn.png
264KB, 640x480px
>>15042800
>Bill Goldy
I can hardly wait until MBE gets this far, Tatewaki has been glorious at the moment.
>>
File: police brutality.png (573KB, 634x478px) Image search: [Google]
police brutality.png
573KB, 634x478px
Episode 26: The Detective's Trap

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=882936

When a notorious corporate bomber is struck by a car near a police station and loses his memory, the detective from Public Safety responsible for his interrogation shifts his tactics into high gear. His intense and cruel interrogation methods put him at odds with Solbrain. As the detective attempts to use the injured man as a trap to lure the other bombers out of hiding, Solbrain is forced to confront not the bombers, but the concept of brutality among the police force.

Notes: A fantastic Ogizawa episode, and one of the most amazing of the series. Solbrain is forced to confront the ideas of excessive force and brutality among the police. In today's modern society where headlines are frequently dominated by questions about how much policing is too much, and what constitutes torture, this is an interesting character piece that asks how far does one go -- how far CAN one go before what they do is worse than what the criminals themselves do, and is it worth going that far if it saves others?
>>
>>15043112
Thanks a million, SO, it feels nice to see another Oogisawa episode.
>>
File: IMG56452.jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG56452.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
>>15043112
Based detective did nothing wrong. Solbrain is too soft.
>>
>>15043374
This is another episode where it reiterates how different writers characterize Solbrain differently. Solbrain isn't willing to use this detective's trap to stop a serial bomber when Daiki recently used a plasma gatling cannon to threaten people who killed a bird.
>>
>>15045627
On a side note, when you put the sillier/weirder episodes aside, the show seems to be more serious overall than Winspector. Doesn't even have a prominent recurring kid character. Is there an equivalent to that episode with the bomb threat to the HQ/Misaki?
>>
>>15045662
It's definitely more serious than Winspector, probably because Bikel is persistent comic relief.

There is a character who will be coming in soon who effectively is the "last boss", a recurring villain, who cooks up some truly twisted schemes in many episodes. There's not one as intense as the boy with the bomb, but there are some really mindbending episodes to come including one that seriously fucked me up because it's one of the most terrifying things I can imagine.
>>
>>15045627
Are you going to do Blue Swat too?
>>
>>15045627
>when Daiki recently used a plasma gatling cannon to threaten people who killed a bird.

Not to mention that when using the Gigastreamer he was negligent as fuck and set the warehouse on fire - seriously threatening the kidnapped birdwatcher who they had to rescue as the warehouse was collapsing.

A pretty stark contrast to the Daiki who tries to take the moral high ground.
>>
>>15045992
It's probably best to ask about that (and other cyber cops) after he's done with Exceedraft.
>>
File: cybercop_fuck helmet.webm (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
cybercop_fuck helmet.webm
2MB, 400x300px
>>15046343
>(and other cyber cops)
Cybercop? There's only one.
FUCK HELMET.
>>
>>15046387
Just meant armored police heroes in general (although that is one prime candidate).
>>
File: oh god.png (558KB, 636x476px) Image search: [Google]
oh god.png
558KB, 636x476px
https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=883285

Episode 27: The Secret of the Talking Plant
A little girl accidentally takes a potentially deadly genetically engineered organism out of her father's laboratory, but discovers that the organism is capable of speech and thought! Now, a group of men who have broken in to steal the research for profit will stop at nothing to get it back... unless Solbrain stops them first!

WARNING: SAGIYAMA. Sagiyama's favorite stuff: little girls and magical creatures, only she does stick to science this time instead of magic, and she doesn't have a heartbreaking ending, though maybe she wanted to, because they certainly set up for that. That being said, it's not a bad episode. I enjoyed translating this one, even though the premise is a little silly. I do notice that Sagiyama seems to enjoy writing for Jun, and he certainly is probably the main character in this one. It's a goofy episode but well written and fairly enjoyable.
>>
File: argggggggghhhhhhhhh.jpg (27KB, 704x464px) Image search: [Google]
argggggggghhhhhhhhh.jpg
27KB, 704x464px
>>15047004
Attack of the killer plants. Kill it with fire.
>>
>>15047004
It's reassuring when she can do good episodes (although I am not sure if Janperson's incoming ninja DNA episode is one of those).
>>
>>15048056
Sounds stupid enough to be entertaining at least.
>>
File: ss1 danger.png (418KB, 619x475px) Image search: [Google]
ss1 danger.png
418KB, 619x475px
https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=883480

Episode 28: Hurry! Lifesaving Mothership

The SS-1 is hijacked by a desperate criminal during his getaway. When he takes a hostage, only Daiki and Reiko are left on board, forced to fly him to Hong Kong. But when an attempt to subdue the criminal goes awry, the hostage is injured and the SS-1 damaged in the chaos. Barely able to fly and with the hostage dying, this could be a mission that no one returns alive from.

Notes:
Main writer Sugimura writes this intense episode about the mothership SS-1 being hijacked. They use the "rare blood type" story element once again as they've done already once in this series, and once in Winspector, but you know what -- it works. Also like Winspector, once again, we get an amazing scene of the main hero doing a Standing Death of Benkei scene, where Daiki pushes himself so hard that he ends up unconscious while standing, which in Japanese culture is one of those story tropes that is heroic beyond heroic: where you're so devoted to your mission that you will die before you will fall down.
>>
>>15048845
Thanks again, Sailor Otaku, this one should be a real treat.
>>
>>15048845
Psycho with a gun + sister issues. Those are the most dangerous. Great episode.

But where are the combined trainning/stealth mode to disarm a guy with hostage? Jesus, Soljeanne...
>>
File: new benikiba + mad gallant 2.0.jpg (104KB, 667x960px) Image search: [Google]
new benikiba + mad gallant 2.0.jpg
104KB, 667x960px
HOLY SHIT - busty benikiba, mad gallant and Juspion (at the bottom).

Seriously, Toei: do the shit RIGHT. Avoid to fuck this movie, please.
>>
>>15049603
Sakamoto and Arakawa are working on this, so it may be left alone. Then again, Sakamoto's working on Polymar too.
>in before the Dekarangers are honorary Rescue Police
>>
>>15049280
It's unfortunate how pitiful they make her at times.
>>
>>15049858
It's telling when Junko managed to do more, and she wasn't suited! No wonder why they just went back with three dudes for Exceed.

I wonder if the gal in Blue Swat fares any better.
>>
File: japan's leader.png (554KB, 634x476px) Image search: [Google]
japan's leader.png
554KB, 634x476px
https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=883566

Episode 29: Revolution of the Children's Empire

Jun meets an elementary school boy with a shocking understanding of technology and computers and gives him a tour of Solbrain. But this young man has his sights set on one thing: reverse engineering the GigaStreamer and using its fearsome power to overthrow grown ups and become the ruler of Japan! Can Solbrain stop this young terror without harming him?

Notes:
Someone asked me earlier if Solbrain had any episodes that matched the shocking scenes in the episode with the boy with the bomb in Winspector. I had forgotten a scene at the end of this one. This episode by Takashi Yamada has a handful of shocking moments, including one where Daiki is firing (though intending to miss) at a vehicle carrying a child. In his defense, he's returning fire and never aims at the car. The mini GigaStreamer that appears in this episode is, amusingly, the actual toy used as a prop.

Another scene I thought was interesting in this episode was how SolDozer greets Akira, and is completely ignored. Perhaps mirroring childrens' responses to SolDozer? I don't know.

Lastly, the name Akira is almost certainly chosen in reference to the original psychic experimental child from the legendary Akira manga series and anime film.
>>
File: snapshot_65378.jpg (34KB, 708x452px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot_65378.jpg
34KB, 708x452px
>>15049873
>I wonder if the gal in Blue Swat fares any better.
Absolutely. She does exactly the same shit the other 2 guys do. BTW, solbrain has different actions for each one of the trio, while blue swat both are equal in terms of fighting capabilities - reason why they always need to finish the monster together (and holy shit, the guys got fucked a lot till kill the bastard).
>>
File: mini terrorist.jpg (35KB, 704x464px) Image search: [Google]
mini terrorist.jpg
35KB, 704x464px
>>15049972
THIS FUCKING KID.
>>
File: Sol-ar-boswinder.jpg (30KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
Sol-ar-boswinder.jpg
30KB, 240x180px
>>
>>15050027
>Absolutely. She does exactly the same shit the other 2 guys do.
Until the second half. Then it's all Shou, all the time. Sarah probably does the most during the early episodes though.
>>
>>15049972
Welp, that is certainly an unexpectedly brutal episode. Gonna catch up to that in a bit.
>The mini GigaStreamer that appears in this episode is, amusingly, the actual toy used as a prop.
Gotta promote it for selling, after all.

>>15050760
That's the tip of the iceberg in regard to the latter half's issues that I heard of.
>>
File: benikiba+hellvira.jpg (145KB, 660x960px) Image search: [Google]
benikiba+hellvira.jpg
145KB, 660x960px
>>15049603
Hellvira from Spielban confirmed in the girls movie (Girls In Trouble). Benikiba + Hellvira kicking SPD girls. N-E-A-T.
>>
File: spielban_hellvira.webm (2MB, 512x388px) Image search: [Google]
spielban_hellvira.webm
2MB, 512x388px
>>15052242
>>
File: juspion x satan goth.jpg (148KB, 787x496px) Image search: [Google]
juspion x satan goth.jpg
148KB, 787x496px
>>15052242
>>15052244
Benikiba will probably use some dark ninjutsu to revive Hellvira in "Girls in trouble" and Mad Gallant in "Gavan x Dekaranger". The Juspion scene will be probably a flashback (to show the character for beginners) or Juspion's Tarzan as a second generation (pretty hard to believe).

But who fucking knows...
>>
Can someone give a overview of the issues in BLUE SWAT I'm curious,
>>
>>15056573
Banana guy.
>>
>>15018115
>We are finishing a Metal Heroes Guide and will make a Metal Heroes General

I'm excited
>>
>>15056573
My issues are as follows:
Less focus on teamwork, Shou becomes significantly more powerful than the other members (the rest just watch him fight the main villain in the final episode)

Total revision of the villains from literally being the space mafia to just being generic ancient evil aliens dedicated to doing evil shit in the universe for no good reason. Earlier they have plans that actually make sense like intending to redevelop the earth as a tourist spot for rich aliens.

Platinum is a non-character who has no personality, consists almost entirely of stock footage, and has no purpose other than to sell toys. He almost never even talks to the other characters because, again, almost all of his footage is stock clips. His debut at around episode 23 is where the show quickly starts to go downhill. He even has a giant banana on his chest for no reason.

Villain suits are revised to be less organic and intimidating and more like Sentai villain suits.

More fist-fighting and less focus on gunplay. Unlike the second half of Janperson, Blue Swat doesn't have good enough choreography to make this decent.

Episodes get much more generic and have less interesting plots. Lots more Space Mafia sends MOTW to kill Blue Swat. The worst episode is still probably an alien abduction/male pregnancy episode in the first half that can't decide if it wants to be Junior or Alien (the tone literally changes from scene-to-scene).

They drop the Back to the Future music. On the plus side the insert songs in the second half are mostly really good. Platinum's is the only redeeming aspect of his character besides the totally bungled "Alien Space Jesus" concept.

Really the second half's worst sin is dropping near every good element that made the first half unique while retaining all its problems and adding new ones on top. Pic is what the prop department considers a strange alien surgical implement to look like.
>>
>>15056765
No wonder they turned to what was basically Super Sentai but with cooler looking suits the following year.
>>
>>15056842
Technically, Juukou started out as Super Sentai mashed with a Space Sheriff show, but went "screw it" and ditched the latter part after a while.

Overall, the mid-to-late 90s quickly became the dark age of Metal Hero with its attempts to keep the viewer audience, considering everything Miyashita had to put up with until Robotack.
>>
>>15049873
I guess girls have to be unsuited. I always liked Junko more in Winspector than Bikel and Walter, when I found out SolJeanne was gonna be a thing I thought she was gonna do more.
>>
File: spielban_29.jpg (48KB, 720x544px) Image search: [Google]
spielban_29.jpg
48KB, 720x544px
>>15057583
Only show where metal chicks were REALLY useful (got fights AND screentime) was Diana + Helen in Spielban (they got even gal x gal fight); and Sara in Blue Swat, specially during 1st half.

Annie in Shaider has some exceptions, did a lot of action scenes by her own, but she got no armor, so... not the best example.

The rest (Emiha in Jiraiya, Yoko in Jiban, Junko in Winspector...) was just "secondary female sidekicks" with small timescreen and 1-2 own episodes in the middle of 50.
>>
>>15057660
Still a better track record than Kamen Rider though.
>>
is chronologically a good way to start with the metal heroes?
>>
>>15058297
Probably not viable unless you know Japanese.
>>
>>15056842
I would say that the general tone of the second half of Blue Swat is pretty similar to B-Fighter.
>>
>>15058310
but it's subbed
>>
>>15058375
Not all of them are. Some of the series that have hkdvd subs (Sharivan, Shaider, etc) that existed at one point are also hard to find.
>>
File: metal only.jpg (55KB, 400x326px) Image search: [Google]
metal only.jpg
55KB, 400x326px
>>15058297
If you are going to watch a trilogy show (Gavan-Sharivan-Shaider, Winspector-Solbrain-Exceedraft) or duology (B.Fighter-B.Fighter Kabuto), it's nice to start at the beginning. You can watch as a solo show without major issues, but you'll miss some references/flashbacks/camebacks. So, avoid it.

If you want to watch a independent show (Juspion, Spielban, Jiraiya, Metalder, Jiban, Janperson or Blue Swat), no trouble.

Basically, that's it.

In my shitty opinion, I think you should just take a look, see the theme you like more (space cop, ninja, police x monsters, police x criminals, robots) and choose one. In THIS case, I think you should start watching Gavan, Winspector or Juspion: both got 100% subbed episodes, the first 2 are the beginning of their respective trilogies and Juspion is a closed show.

Go for it.
>>
>>15058688
I think I will start with Gavan and do the Space Sheriff trilogy, the robots look quite cool. Also what's the deal with the Next Generation movies? Are they rebooting the series with them or something?
>>
>>15058477
Khoddri put them on Nyaa. Pitiful seeds though.
https://www.nyaa.se/?user=137416
>>
File: 040104_143.jpg (155KB, 400x3364px) Image search: [Google]
040104_143.jpg
155KB, 400x3364px
>>15022836
>>
>>15058730
I wish someone would seed that Kikaider 01 complete torrent. I only need 1% ffs....
>>
>>15058718
Space Sheriff Trilogy: Gavan (82) --> Sharivan (83) --> Shaider (84) TV SERIES. 45-50 episodes for each one (+2 short movies with 20 minutes for Shaider. Basically 2 extra episodes).

The Space Sheriff Trilogy NEXT GENERATION is the next generation of these cops, in long cinema format. Started with Gavan, The Movie (2012) --> Sharivan NEXT (2014) --> Shaider NEXT (2014). They are not reboots / remakes, just sequels in movie format.

You don't have to watch the old series trilogy to understand the recent movies trilogy.
>>
>>15059729
BTW, they are good shows, but talking about "space MH heroes" (space sheriff trilogy, Juspion and Spielban), I choose Juspion for many reasons: it's shorter and better produced.

Unfortunately, I feel people don't "like" Juspion at first sight because of the actor and his blackpower + zany style in the very beginning of the show. It's understandable, but also wrong.

Technically speaking, the show is pretty superior comparing to the Space Sheriffs in every single aspect: designs, effects, enemies, OST, violence and the plot has a really bigger ending.

Juspion aged well. Gavan? Not so much. Download the first episode of each one and take a look. 3 years gap (and $$$) that made a big difference.
>>
>>15059758
>Unfortunately, I feel people don't "like" Juspion at first sight because of the actor and his blackpower + zany style in the very beginning of the show. It's understandable, but also wrong.
The best way to gauge if they'll like Hikaru's Juspion is by seeing Bioman first, in-which he played a guest character with a thing for Jun.
>>
File: 62435623476.jpg (143KB, 1357x860px) Image search: [Google]
62435623476.jpg
143KB, 1357x860px
>>15059801
>Hikaru's Juspion is by seeing Bioman first
If the viewer watched Sentai before, probably.
>>
>>15059758
I don't think there is anything particularly wrong with Juspion himself. He's fun in the beginning but understandably becomes more serious as the series progresses.

All that said though, I don't think Kurosaki is as charismatic a lead as Kenji Ohba in Gavan.
>>
File: never forget.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
never forget.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>15060163
>I don't think there is anything particularly wrong with Juspion himself.
Me neither. About the character CONCEPT, I think it's acceptable because the show got deadlier menaces and shit got more serious.

About the character DESIGN, well... producers should have let his blackpower until the end, but jap kids - unlike BRs - didn't like. What a shame.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-27-12-32-22.png (1MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-27-12-32-22.png
1MB, 1280x800px
Uhhhh juspion just straight up murdered a dude
>>
Oh so its okay to kill them if they profit from pointless civil wars.

...maybe don't tell juspion that america exists
>>
>>15060273
I don't think the hair style change was because anybody had a problem with the permed hair. I think it was mainly because that style of hair was considered "funny" and after a while it just didn't match the image the show was headed toward.

My only problem with it was that they didn't change the opening credits to match the changes in the show.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-27-12-20-49.png (905KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-27-12-20-49.png
905KB, 1280x800px
>>15060509

Forgot pic
>>
>>15060509
Didn't Boomerang go to America?
>>
>>15060502
He doesn't fuck around. Something threatens the inhabitants of worlds at large, he snuffs them out (unless they can be saved from brainwashing).
>>
File: C0klEH8VQAA5VRA.jpg (699KB, 2039x2048px) Image search: [Google]
C0klEH8VQAA5VRA.jpg
699KB, 2039x2048px
Even though it's a few days after, Merry Christmas. Here's me flipping off the script to "Save the Goshawk" with a bottle of whiskey in hand.
>>
I like that the original name of the episode was, "Champion of the Skies, the Goshawk".

Sora no Ouja, Ootaka.
>>
>>15061062
I never even thought about being rude to the script's face instead of just talking shit about it online.
Truly you are the bleeding edge of hating on media.
>>
>>15061062
> Not putting it in the dishwasher
>>
>>15058870
https://mega.nz/#F!KR5lWRAB!PxXs3rt4eG5cr8lXa4sW2g
>>
>>15062541
Thanks for that...that's fucking awesome.
>>
>>15062541
Happen to know where i can find:

Mechanical Violator Hakaider?
>>
>>15063122
On nyaa.
>>
>>15063172
Yeah i found it right after i asked. Oops.
>>
>>15062541
Was Inazuman Flash never subbed?
>>
>>15065394
Nope.
>>
File: come on, boy.jpg (88KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
come on, boy.jpg
88KB, 600x800px
>>15060512
Kurosaki said that in 2002, m8. The show was supposed to follow the "space opera" style & "galactic tarzan" concept from beginning to end, and have 50 eps. However, the audience of the first 3 episodes was not higher than Shaider, so producers decide to stuck Juspion on Earth early, from ep.4. Same shit for the 3 types of hair styles and change of tone - all of them were tentatives to "correct" the show (and Kurosaki said he was a bit sad about that).

It's pretty usual to change things in long productions. Writers/producers/directors always have to modify the script.

But to me, no trouble about that. I love this shit the way it is.

>>15060502
BRs was discussing this scene some days ago. Retard. Aliens, monsters, cyborgs, robots, spirits, humans, whatever. If it's evil, just blow the fuck out without mercy - 80's allow this.
>>
>>15066007
>The show was supposed to follow the "space opera" style & "galactic tarzan" concept from beginning to end
I wonder if Kyuranger will have better luck with that (sans the "space tarzan" part, obviously), since it has an actual representative of a TV channel company as the producer. Still, it's a wonder that Jupion worked as well as it did when the changes got done organically.

>>15065394
>>15065897
You'd think the Hawaiians would have been interested about watching the sequel by now.
>>
>>15062129
No amount of washing will wash the taint of corruption from that script.
>>
File: img64928.jpg (56KB, 564x410px) Image search: [Google]
img64928.jpg
56KB, 564x410px
>>15066038
>I wonder if Kyuranger will have better luck with that
Hmmm, it's possible, but hard to tell. Audience nowadays are too damn low, Bandai change Toei plots always (focus in toys) and even Saban put some cards on the table now (focus in int.market). I'll watch, but with zero hype.

>>15066038
>Still, it's a wonder that Jupion worked as well as it did when the changes got done organically.
No doubt about it. Some people still complain, but I think it's pointless: Juspion has great overall production and Toei opened the wallet for this show.
>>
File: 823143.jpg (16KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
823143.jpg
16KB, 640x480px
>>15066248
Where, and how, did you grab those scripts?
>>
>>15066300
>and even Saban put some cards on the table now (focus in int.market)
Saban's staff does like space stuff though, so that would actually favor keeping it as a space faring series.
>>
>>15068001
As long as Tzachor stays far away from the producer's chair.
>>
File: C0zZaDkVEAAzWKG.jpg (229KB, 896x1199px) Image search: [Google]
C0zZaDkVEAAzWKG.jpg
229KB, 896x1199px
On a more thread-relevant note, here are some Rescue Police-themed calendars and related stuff for a booth.
https://twitter.com/k2blues/status/814265396438056960?lang=fr
https://twitter.com/k2blues/status/814264755980419072?lang=fr
https://twitter.com/WeeabooShogun/status/814283786691248132?lang=fr
>>
File: gavan in go-busters 31.jpg (44KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
gavan in go-busters 31.jpg
44KB, 704x396px
>>15068001
I know, but I'm still cautelous. Remember Go-Busters? High tech cockpits, MCs with motorbikes, robots in the middle of the city, modern suits, even use of "Megazords" and "It's morphing time" terms (!). Technically perfect to US viewers, but... Saban magically ignored it, giving dumb excuses ("hard to adapt"). Jesus fucking Christ...

That's why my hype is zero: old fags like me want X (and will be ignored for obvious reasons), actual child audience want Y (and don't give a fuck) and lazy Toei try to offer Z (and accepting the numbers). This logic don't fit anymore.
>>
File: C0zYmh8UoAAFw-4.jpg (271KB, 896x1199px) Image search: [Google]
C0zYmh8UoAAFw-4.jpg
271KB, 896x1199px
>>15068278
Cool stuff. The robot guys are nice, but I must admit I have some difficulty to recognize the human guys at first sight, hah.
>>
>>15068359
That's what happens when actors become manga characters, really.

>>15066300
>>15068281
https://twitter.com/TheRealShougo/status/813247724988616704
>IIRC, on Toei's Go-busters site, they mentioned Nobuhiro Mouri is a huge Sentai fan. Hopefully, this bodes well for Kyuranger.
Take it with a grain of salt, but they could still turn this around.
>>
>>15068023
He's not likely to ever come back, after what he did during Super Megaforce
>>
File: C07mIuNUkAECt7L.jpg (114KB, 896x1199px) Image search: [Google]
C07mIuNUkAECt7L.jpg
114KB, 896x1199px
https://twitter.com/WeeabooShogun/status/814899375486836736?lang=fr
>This will make sense to Solbrain watchers soon. A major turning point.
I have to wonder what significance this building has. In the meantime, cautiously getting hyped.
>>
Not exactly Metal Heroes related, but are there any raws for Moero!! Robocon? Seems like one of those shows that would've been on people's radars.
>>
>>15066300
> and even Saban put some cards on the table now
I have yet to see proof of this. Saban has no influence on the sentai whatsoever, only, obviously, on its PR version.
>>
File: MH Zyzz.jpg (36KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
MH Zyzz.jpg
36KB, 620x620px
>>15068992
This is something we'll never know simply because both Toei and Saban have no intent to say. It's internal business.

However, we can easily feel it and imagine: nipo-american actors from PR as cameos in Sentais; japs from coreography leaving Toei to work with Saban for years; Japan airing PR shows and mocking PR in Akibaranger; the new PR movie reboot for the international market with darker tone (and approved by Toei); Toei marketing calling non-officially the next Gavan movie as "Toei Avengers" (pathetic BTW); comicons/comikets... Seriously, the list here is big.

And do not forget: obtain one of those IPs are expensive (350.000 to 500.000 US$ for each show in 1989-1990, just partial license, not full. I do not have any idea how much it costs today...). And Saban acquired back all Sentai licenses for non-JP markets for the next years, everything 100% exclusive.

Analysing market, long time contracts and ca$h involved, it would be strange if they are NOT "exchanging cards" among them.
>>
File: 414235.jpg (60KB, 500x722px) Image search: [Google]
414235.jpg
60KB, 500x722px
>>15068804
From what episode exactly?

BTW, this French site (http://users.skynet.be/x-or/page_gavan_decors.htm) listed some locations in Toei MH shows (Gavan, Jiraiya, Sharivan, Juspion, Shaider...) - and don't forget the fucking Toei Quarry.
>>
>>15069332

Hi I really liked Chroma Squad tell your countrymen good work :thumbsupemoji:
>>
>>15026782
Definitely Scouser. Geordieland's closest equivalent is Sapporo.
>>
>>15068962
I don't think I have ever seen raws for it. Generally speaking, not many seem to have an interest in pre-2000 tokusatsu family comedies.
>>
>>15068962
there was somebody who upped a ton of old shows raw with their moonrune titles to... nyaa? I think.
I got Mighty Jack, Saru no Gundan, Giant Robo, a bunch of stuff from those. I think it was more the older stuff but there might be robocon.
>>
>>15069630
Incidentally, Sailor Otaku is one of those people (and would likely jump at the first chance to do a Fushigi Comedy show). At the very least, Shushutorian or however it's spelt ought to be tackled at one point, since Kakuranger referenced it.
>>
>>15068992
I heard they were the main reason this changed
>>
>>15069667
Wasn't the episode with Ultraman subbed at one point?
>>
oh, on the subject of 80sish shows
the subbed version of Sukeban Deka II has some parts where the audio is replaced from the original with what sounds like modern recordings and production music
I assume they're covering up licensed music they couldn't get for the dvd.
Are there copies out there of the scenes as they were on tv?
>>
>>15069705
Couldn't say. The only FC release I heard of is MBE's April Fools for a Poitrine episode.
>>
>>15069752
For whomever else who dares to try and take on this show, this is excellent news.
>>
>>15069691
Lol...

no.
>>
>>15069818
Well it certainly wasn't for anything story related.
>>
File: 6534234.jpg (163KB, 1024x730px) Image search: [Google]
6534234.jpg
163KB, 1024x730px
Some BR guy translated the 6 pages of the magazine, giving tips about the 2 movies: Girls In Trouble (episode 0) and Gavan x Dekaranger (sequel).

Will be an evil group of 12 villains, each one from a different Metal Hero show (Mad Gallant from Juspion, Benikiba from Jiraiya, Hellvira from Spielban + another 9). Maybe they put some Dekaranger villain inside it.

Benikiba will appear in both movies, using her disguise ninjutsu to invade Gavan's ship and blow the fuck out the Dekarangers inside it.

During 1st movie, Hellvira will join forces with Benikiba to fight the Deka chicks.

During 2nd movie, Dekarangers will pursue Mad Gallant. Geki/new Gavan try to help, but his laser blade will be destroyed by Juspion's nemesis. Dekared will save him and old Gavan will appear to give a new sword (duh).

Juspion scene will probably be just a fast flashback to show the character to younger viewers.
>>
>>15071089
Do you think they might throw in villains from Metalder, Jiban and Janperson? As for Rescue Police, I doubt there's any folks that are iconic enough beyond business suit Satan and Brian (who is really brainwashed).
>>
File: metalder_jiban_janperson.jpg (135KB, 1440x360px) Image search: [Google]
metalder_jiban_janperson.jpg
135KB, 1440x360px
>>15071108
About Police Rescue Trilogy, hard to know... They don't have the classic "evil organization" core: they use some random humans or robots. In the case of Winspector, maybe the T-800 rip off from ep.1 and ep.49, lol.

About Metalder, Jiban and Janperson, I think the best of them are Arthur, Madogarbo and Bill Goldy (all of them were already defeated, but who cares, right?).
>>
>>15071149
>(all of them were already defeated, but who cares, right?)
There is precedence to this, since Bill Goldy got revived once anyways. Also, it's the best excuse to see more of Shun Sugata going full-on ham.
>>
>>15071108
>Brian
Almost impossibru: too similar to Mad Gallant and also used some parts of him.
>>
File: evil soldozer.jpg (59KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
evil soldozer.jpg
59KB, 640x480px
>>15071108
>any folks that are iconic enough
>Brian (who is really brainwashed)
They have to brainwash SolDozer and swap the extinguinshers for flamethrowers, turning him into 1 ton of cybernetic despair.
>>
>>15071149
Solbrain does have a recurring human villain who pulls off some really fucked up schemes. He'll be showing up soon. But they would have to raise the dead, though it would not be so hard to do that when you have Satan
>>
>>15068962
>>15069667
Truth. I have several Fushigi Comedy shows, most of them non-robot themed (Thutmose of the Nile, Poitrine) but there's others that I don't have that I like -- Robocon, Robomaru, and the two Kid Detective shows which are not on DVD from what I understand.
>>
>>15071201
No, SolDozer is pure and innocent! He doesn't deserve this fate.

>>15071594
Although the only problem is whether Yuji Abe still does acting, if he possibly has to come back as Satan.

>>15071600
>Robocon
Is Moero! accessible at least?
>>
File: tumblr_m6iyesCT0F1r3eyr4o1_250.gif (640KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m6iyesCT0F1r3eyr4o1_250.gif
640KB, 250x188px
>>15069664

>Mighty Jack

They triiiiiiiied to kill him with a forkliiiiiift
>>
>>15071771
The forklift song is from Fugitive Alien (Star Wolf). I got raws of that too from that batch.
Saru no gundan was another tsuburaya show from Time of the Apes.
>>
https://twitter.com/strongest_human/status/815342426319716352
https://twitter.com/strongest_human/status/815355935262670850

Between this and Solbrain, 2017 is gonna start with a bang, if nothing else.
>>
>>15071848

pretty sure it was in mighty jack as well and they just reused it, or maybe I'm going crazy
>>
File: 1481419303125.jpg (12KB, 247x355px) Image search: [Google]
1481419303125.jpg
12KB, 247x355px
Even though Janperson came out before I was born, I still had fun watching it.
>mfw I realise there's a jacket mode
I just recently got into the Metal Heroes series, could anyone recommend me what to watch while I wait for Janperson?
>>
>>15072562
Gavan (the most dated of the lot, but fun in the right mindset)
Juspion
Winspector
Metalder (although that gets a brief retool)

The latter is a more intense version of similar themes in Janperson, but with a less charismatic lead.
>>
>>15072088
Joel and the bots might have sung it as a riff, but the forklift song is actually the theme song of Star Wolf https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6qxA__mnE0. (Similarly the Sandy Frank Song from Time of the Apes is actually the theme song to Saru no Gundan) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEdjwxa8IWY

Mighty Jack was made ten years before Star Wolf. Maybe Sandy Frank lifted a track in the dubbing?
>>
>>15069332
>This is something we'll never know simply because both Toei and Saban have no intent to say.
then you can't say it for sure.

>nipo-american actors from PR as cameos in Sentais
That was just yoshi having a trip to Japan, it's toei being cool about it, not a Saban mandate.

>mocking PR in Akibaranger
It doesn't mock PR at all. If you actually watched the episode and/or aren't delusional you woul'd know.

> the new PR movie reboot for the international market with darker tone (and approved by Toei)
..that's just a PR product

>Toei marketing calling non-officially the next Gavan movie as "Toei Avengers" (pathetic BTW); comicons/comikets
Saban doesn't own avengers.

>Seriously, the list here is big
Not really, the only examples of them working together are them sharing stuntmen and Japan airing PR, which only means they do some work together, but not that Saban has any sort of influence on Sentai's production.

>And do not forget: obtain one of those IPs are expensive (350.000 to 500.000 US$ for each show in 1989-1990, just partial license, not full. I do not have any idea how much it costs today...). And Saban acquired back all Sentai licenses for non-JP markets for the next years, everything 100% exclusive.
Toei is not Tsuburaya though, they have no interest on showing their toku outside Japan and a few asian countries. They didn't ask Saban to make PR, it was the other way around.
>>
File: METAL HEROES GUIDE 1.0.jpg (4MB, 2634x4319px) Image search: [Google]
METAL HEROES GUIDE 1.0.jpg
4MB, 2634x4319px
Greetings, gentleman.

>>15072562
As I promised, here is the METAL HEROES GUIDE 1.0 for download.

Let's continue with this thread, letting the Metal Heroes General for a near future, after the end of this show/releases. ;)

I hope all of you enjoy these franchises as much as I do and happy 2017.

>>15073210
>>.......................
LOL, OW GOD. This kind of non-stop conversation is pointless and the subject, after 3-4 lines, start to become boring as fuck to many people, anon. None of us are shareholders or distributors, so let's spend energy producing more useful things.
>>
>>15073287
Figuarts are 1/12, not 1/10
>>
https://twitter.com/WeeabooShogun/status/815407276630671360?lang=fr
>When I get home, there's gonna be several great episodes of Solbrain in a row.
It's gonna get exciting real soon around here.
>>
>>15073287
If you were trying to list countries that aired shows, I definitely remember that Winspector aired in Germany around '93 or '94 or something.
We never got any others as far as I know, though.
>>
Just saw the first episode of Space Sheriff Gavan without previous knowledge of the Metal Heroes and I gotta say it looks like they invested a lot of money on it, every minute or so there's miniatures, explosions, some sort of visual fx or something flashy going on. With all of that said it's still amazing to see how hard the main actor carries everything and doesn't get overshadowed by all the madness going on, dude looks awesome in the fight scenes without the suit and plays it completely straight.
>>
>>15073513
That's Kenji Ohba for you. He was JAC member, so he had a lot of experience in stunt combat.

Toei also really wanted to draw a lot of eyes to Gavan because it was meant to be a new series that they fully owned, unlike KR or Sentai which have Ishinomori's fingerprints on them.
>>
>>15073533
Yeah I had to wiki him up cause he quite impressed me and it kinda makes sense he managed to look good considering he was a stunt double.
>>
File: haruta-watari.jpg (122KB, 896x739px) Image search: [Google]
haruta-watari.jpg
122KB, 896x739px
>>15073397
Thanks. Will be changed in v1.1.

>>15073496
>If you were trying to list countries that aired shows...
That's the spirit. However, I must admit this kind of info is hard to confirm without help. Another problem: France, for example, aired Juspion, but only 5-6 episodes so it's not the same case of BR, who got all episodes. I'm still thinking which one can be the more fair: aired or fully aired.

If anons from each country could tell and CONFIRM, I'll be very grateful.

>>15073513
>it's still amazing to see how hard the main actor carries everything
Welcome to the 80's, place where chances were given to stunts, not only to agency actors.

Ohba (Gavan), Watari (Sharivan/Spielban) and Haruta (Mad Gallant) were pupils from JAC/JAE stunt school, hardcore shit (03:03, bellow).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhJzkHS52DQ

Even Morinaga (girl from Shaider), Kurosaki (Juspion), Tsutsui (Jiraiya), Kusaka (Jiban), Yamashita (Winspector) and many other "normal' actors tried to do a bit more in "civilian" mode. Suit actors only in non-closed shots and, obviously, danger scenes.

These guys are from another time.
>>
>>15073764
>which one can be the more fair: aired or fully aired

I think it would just be easier and less cluttered if only the fully aired were included. Btw a small mistake at the end of question 1 in the Q & A, it should read "Be patient".

>hardcore shit
Yeah I was surprised when I saw the dude running around with explosions happening really close to him during the final fight in the Makku space cause it wasn't just the regular sparks flying but big ball of fire type explosions.
>>
>>15073287
>This kind of non-stop conversation is pointless and the subject, after 3-4 lines, start to become boring as fuck to many people, anon.
>I have ADHD and no argument but I'll act like you're the one in the wrong.

Just say Saban has no influence on sentai production, its easier that way.
>>
File: byclosser_underwater.webm (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
byclosser_underwater.webm
2MB, 400x300px
>>15073832
Thanks, man.

>>15073832
>wasn't just the regular sparks flying but big ball of fire type explosions.
Stunts from Byclosser liked it.
>>
File: METAL HEROES GUIDE 1.1.jpg (4MB, 2634x4319px) Image search: [Google]
METAL HEROES GUIDE 1.1.jpg
4MB, 2634x4319px
>>15073397
>>15073496
>>15073832
Thanks for the help: v.1.1 done.

>>15073210
>>Multi-quoting almost line by line.
>>15073858
>>Thinking we are in a fatal dispute of "right x wrong".
>>Trying to "win" a "discussion" of subjective nature.
>>Typical depreciative adjectives.
Good night, anon.
>>
>>15072797

I would expect no less from that villainous Sandy Frank
>>
>>15073890

Wow, okay, didn't realize this show was the real deal. Downloading.
>>
Hey I just wanna say Sailor you always make the best threads because you bring out the actual fans instead of the people just jacking off to the ladies and I love that about you.
>>
>>15073287
I don't think big arsenal is a pro for B-Fighter. They have so much stuff that gets dumped or rarely used. My favorite is how they need to build the drill because Black Beet is immune to regular weapons, only to never have that problem again and never use the drill again. Then again, Blue Beet does lose the final battle so maybe Black Beet was immune to everything that wasn't cellular degeneration.
>>
>>15073764
> Get to the part around 7 minutes in where they mess up the explosives.
> Burns marks on his pants and arm.

Jesus christ.
>>
>>15073287
I'm not sure if I agree that Exceedraft is "low budget" as such, or lower than Solbrain/Winspector was, nor that the trilogy were light buddy cop shows. A great number of the episodes were pretty dark, maybe darker than the Space Sheriffs because the violence depicted was realistic and frequently possible. They were police procedurals with simplified plots and a superhero element aimed at a slightly younger audience than your average nighttime cop show. It was Exceedraft that had more action and stunts and somewhat less police procedure, but I gotta tell you, the fans for Exceed are some of the most devoted I've ever seen despite the fact that the end of the show is about the final battle between God and Satan. Maybe that's exactly WHY they love it so much, I don't know. But in any case, this looks really good.

You could add "Satan" to Exceedraft's theme, since he's the major villain.
>>
>>15074545
Cool beans. My suggestions would be to correct "overral" to "overall" and possibly mention the lack of availability for Kabutack and Robotack.

The "Known As" sections seem a little bit pointless and it'd probably be better to replace it with international titles used by Toei. The bit about Janperson being the only 100% robotic MC is also factually wrong.
>>
>>15073496
Not German, but can confirm. Winspector aired in Germany in it's entirety.

http://www.fernsehserien.de/winspector/sendetermine/-1
>>
>>15074676
I think most of us just have the good sense not to gush so much about which actors and actresses we would have fugged to the point where it ruins everything.
>>
>>Multi-quoting almost line by line.
Yes, as you can imply more than one thing on a sentence. Nothing wrong with that at all.

>>Trying to "win" a "discussion" of subjective nature.
I was asking for proof on a claim. Its also not a subjective discussion at all, since we're discussing whether a fact happens.
>>
>>15075182
Meant for >>15074545
>>
>>15074545

That thing's way too dense and it doesn't even mention which series have been subbed.
>>
>>15074545
You didn't mention how Kabuto pretty much steals everyone's thunder in the second B-Fighter series, as a proto-Tendou.
>>
Didn't Shaider have some really good HK subs? I remember seeing them on Youtube awhile back
>>
>>15074545
Is Spielban actually that lewd?
>>
>>15074545
You've misspelt overall
>>
>>15075783
It's actually an old release supposedly done by some guy during his spare time. Garbage vid quality though (plus I doubt people seed it nowadays).
https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6801062/Uchuu_Keiji_Shaider_(COMPLETE)_1-49
>>
File: img_0.jpg (85KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
img_0.jpg
85KB, 480x640px
>>15075881
I think showing lots of leg and upskirt shots is the extent of it visually, which is about as much as you can expect out of a children's show.
>>
>>15075783
Having translated that one episode of Shaider, I can tell you, it's either guess subs, or it's was subtitled in English based upon the Filipino Tagalog dub. There are many lines that are WAY OFF from what is being said in Japanese.
>>
Thanks SO MUCH for the feedback, m8s.

>>15074695
>>B-Fighter.
I understand the point. I described it because, numerically speaking, I think they are probably the heroes with more weapons (Cybercops and Blue Swat in second, maybe). But in practical terms, well... not so much.

>>15074669
>>Byclosser
Visually is simple (aired together with Juspion, inevitable comparison), but it's cool.

>>15074767
>>Exceedraft
Thanks a lot. I think it was not "really low budget", just a "simplified" show with less helicopters shots, cars & henshin scenes. Don't know if Toei did that because of $. However, the satan "theme" and the destruction of the first suits are definitely more darker than Winspector-Solbrain. No doubt. That's why I think fans liked it: they bring back some mid 80's vibe.

>>15074809
Yeap. The international title Toei used is the 1st line, but not all of them are 100% correct because I found some variation, like Metalder: "Cyborg" x "Super Human". About the "tags-known as", I used just as ultra-fast-search because hurried people, usually from SSG, liked it. BTW, besides Janperson (and the guys from Kabutack), which MC is also 100% robot? (Jiban don't count... That guy is a mystery even for Toei, rah).

>>15074822
>Winspector aired in Germany in it's entirety.
Thanks SO MUCH, man. Added too. That's the spirit.

>>15075291
>That thing's way too dense and it doesn't even mention which series have been subbed.
Like others, it's a guide about the SHOWS, not FANSUBS. We already have this (https://lovexcare.wordpress.com/releases/metal-hero-guide/) and I'm also creating a DDL list.

>>15075326
Well remembered. How can I put it into a very few words?

>>15075881
>Is Spielban actually that lewd?
Well, we need to be realistic: for Toei level... "yes" (pic).

>>15074676
>Hey I just wanna say Sailor you always make the best threads because you bring out the actual fans.
Agreed. That's why I created the guide: people here CAN help.
>>
File: cybercops.jpg (65KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
cybercops.jpg
65KB, 800x600px
About fansubs, I'm also creating this DDL list for beginners.

01. Uchuu Keiji GAVAN (1982) + movies (2012+): https://mega.nz/#F!0d1iiRDR!oIY-ai1XCD5ldqzA2nKe-Q
02. Uchuu Keiji SHARIVAN (1983) + movie (2013+): ?
03. Uchuu Keiji SHAIDER (1984) + movies (2014+): ?
--> Seiun Kamen MACHINEMAN (1984): ?
04. Kyojuu Tokusou JUSPION (1985): https://mega.nz/#F!wQ9F0RQC!bKq0wvPn--PiCNNfYNRt5g or https://mega.nz/#F!OFBwmDqJ!309z7HbqQjsEKVF4G89yDw (my account)
--> Kyodai Ken BYCLOSSER (1985): https://mega.nz/#F!go4QQSKD!2VduSqpbOwEVEgIztA7Fog
05. Jikuu Senshi SPIELBAN (1986): ?
06. Choujinki METALDER (1987): ?
--> Denno Keisatsu CYBERCOP (1987): ?
--> Gakuen Tokusou HIKARUON (1987): ?
07. Sekai Sen Ninja JIRAIYA (1998): ?
08. Kidou Keiji JIBAN (1989): ?
--> Lady Battle Cop (1990): ?
09. Tokkei WINSPECTOR (1990): https://mega.nz/#F!z8MVSR6K!Zkfu0Yq0XmEaMssYQRREYg
10. Tokkyuu Shirei SOLBRAIN (1991): ?
11. Tokusou EXCEEDRAFT (1992): ?
12. Tokusou Robo JANPERSON (1993): https://mega.nz/#F!UNcjFTxY!xKLg8RE3y3-8eNXWm8b3OQ
13. Blue SWAT (1994): ?
14. Juukou B-FIGHTER (1995): ?
15. Juukou B-FIGHTER KABUTO (1996): ?
--> Choukou Senshi CHANGÉRÍON (1996): ?
--> Shichisei Toshin GUYFERD (1996): ?
16. B-Robo KABUTACK (1997): ?
17. Tetsuwan Tantei ROBOTACK (1998): ?

INB4: torrents? Nyaa is our (temporary) friend.

>>15076046
>https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6801062/Uchuu_Keiji_Shaider_(COMPLETE)_1-49
I saw it individually on nyaa some days ago. Zero seeds everywhere.

>>15076039
Thanks. Will be correct in v.1.2. ;)
>>
>>15076203
>>PIC
MH chicks "operate on another level".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uss9UH1Lldg

P.S: maybe that's why Spielban got kicked so much, lol.
>>
>>15074545
A minor error, but the chibi Gavan on the image for the first series is based on the Type G suit, not the original.
>>
>>15074545
Some additions:
-Janperson also aired on Indonesia on RCTI, I know this since as a kid the cable tv company we were subscribed on had RCTI.
-Machine Man was also aired on the Philippines on IBC 13, Fighting Ball was renamed to "Buknoy the Fighting Ball" in the dub.
-Jiban also saw broadcast in Panama and Honduras too.
>>
File: C1LByfYUoAEy-aY.jpg (99KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
C1LByfYUoAEy-aY.jpg
99KB, 800x600px
>>15076177
So, still stuck at square one then.

>>15076203
>How can I put it into a very few words?
Kabuto has too much focus.
>which MC is also 100% robot?
Robotack, of course.
>>
File: jiraiya+sharivan.jpg (34KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
jiraiya+sharivan.jpg
34KB, 480x640px
>>15076399
>>15076433
>>15076524
Thanks.
>>
>>15076203
Metalder is completely a robot, despite having a human disguise. He's basically Kikaider.

And yeah, there is Kabutack and Robotack.

I think a better distinction would be that Janperson is the first central protagonist without a face actor.
>>
File: DREDD.jpg (202KB, 994x479px) Image search: [Google]
DREDD.jpg
202KB, 994x479px
>>15076565
THIS. Janperson is like Dredd: "Justice has no face".
>>
Watched 9 episodes of Juspion today. Really loved the first two episodes but does the rest of the show take place on Earth?
>>
>>15076713
Yes. Doesn't take away from the awesomeness of it though, you still get Juspion liberall whacking fiends and Satan Goth taking the occasional potshot at him.

>>15076588
Amusingly enough, it's Jiban that shows Dredd levels of brutality.
>>
New thread, since we hit limit. Episode 30 posted in there!

>>15077453
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 115

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.