[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the coolest mecha and why is it Tekkaman Blade

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: teknoman.jpg (113KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
teknoman.jpg
113KB, 1024x819px
What is the coolest mecha and why is it Tekkaman Blade
>>
I don't know anon, Detonator Orgun is up there.
>>
>>15017095
>Tekkaman Blade
>Mecha
Fucking SRW.
>>
>>15018612
Biomechs like Tekkamen are allowed on /m/ because of the Guyver clause.
>>
>>
WOOO MY DESTINYYYYYYYY
>>
File: iu.gif (341KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
iu.gif
341KB, 360x240px
>>15018612
say that to my face NOT online
>>
>>15018612
Pegas is the loophole.
>>
Powersuits are /m/ relevant but they are not themselves a mecha.
>>
>>15017095
It's actually powered armor, but that's also /m/.

But there is Pegas.

>>15018612
Pegas.

/thread
>>
But seriously.

There will never be another Tekkaman anime.

I wish for an actual sequel. A sequel where actually D-Boy finally has a happy ending for all the shit he went through.
>>
>>15019579
Please, D-boy would just go through more misery in another sequel.
Let him rest.
>>
>>15019579
Isn't the SRW W version of TB enough? He gets a happy ending in that.
>>
>>15019620
>>15019625
What I meant a sequel where D-Boy actually has his happy ending from the get-go.

He and Aki have a family.

Their son is the MC. And he too can go Tekkaman.

Also said sequel retcons certain parts of Tekkaman 2.

Especially the planned killing off of Noal.

Yep, no kidding here. There was supposed to be a interquel OVA that would bridge Tekkaman and Tekkaman 2. There Noal was supposed to die as a reason for why he wasn't in Tekkaman 2.

AND THAT SUCKED ASS.
>>
>>15019466
I don't even see what the difference is other than scale in the case of something like Blade

Power armor is basically just the smallest possible mecha that may be piloted. It's also the simplest. It's a hollowed out set of metal plates and electronics creating a form fitting cockpit on one side and a war machine on the other.

Power suits only aren't mecha (or /m/ relevant) if they're spandex shit
>>
File: good end.jpg (60KB, 800x549px) Image search: [Google]
good end.jpg
60KB, 800x549px
>>15019669
;_;
>>
So whatever happened to that promo where Aki rapes tard-mode D-Boy and shti
>>
>>15020473
tossed and let rot like insert unreleased material of your preference here
>>
>>15019669
I haven't even watched Blade II. Just reading the synopsis makes me angry. Everything about it seems to just cheapen every sacrifice Blade made in the original show, from Noal being dead to the Radam still being a problem, to D-boy even still being alive years after the fact, let alone still having powers.
>>
File: tekkaman dagger.jpg (266KB, 1104x1552px) Image search: [Google]
tekkaman dagger.jpg
266KB, 1104x1552px
IDK I really liked Dagger. Nice and simple design, very smooth with the most military feel to it and the battle damaged eye thing looked pretty cool. The mango actually turned it into a special scope for his ranged attacks which is like the one cool thing it did. Axe'd be up there but its proportions are so completely retarded it gets bottom spot.
>>
>>15020464
That kid always felt off in this pic.

>>15020526
Indeed.

A retcon is needed or heavy alterations to it...

>>15020547
Also his damaged face is awesome.
>>
>>15017095
I remember the number of similarities to Kamen Rider Black.

Both powers were originally meant to serve main antagonist
Both saved only by their fathers
Both fathers died in the rescue
Both major rival are their own brothers, also controlled by the antagonist
The penultimate battle was the final battle against the brother.
The brother dies.
MC gets the Macguffin needed to take on the Big Bad from brother.
MC'S robot helper sacrifices itself in the last ep.

And last bit not least.

Both got shitty sequels.
>>
>>15021344
RX was fine. I came in expecting it to be shit and I enjoyed it. Only BREzilians and Failipinos hate it because of "not muh".
>>
>>15020547
There was a Tekkaman Blade manga?
>>
>>15021667
Not that anon, but yeah, but it's untranslated.

I have a ZIP of it. Will upload it on to my Mega and send it.

Maybe someone will translate it.
>>
>>15019466

Is it even a powersuit? Isn't being a Tekkaman more akin to having a carapace over you?
>>
File: invincible.png (551KB, 1022x1094px) Image search: [Google]
invincible.png
551KB, 1022x1094px
>>15017095
that is not Aquarion Logos
>>
>>15018689
>>15017095
Its power armor, not biomecha. Its not the same thing as Guyver.
>>
>>15020547
>>15021667
OK, got the manga.

If anyone here can translate the 1st volume I'll be happy.

https://mega.nz/#!ZNIiFLgQ!0IaPJp7v6O3L9oH1IfSlLNnnbUCuTEcbxJMg2u7pzLg
>>
File: 61nSWe2D7JL._SL1143_.jpg (125KB, 1000x1143px) Image search: [Google]
61nSWe2D7JL._SL1143_.jpg
125KB, 1000x1143px
>>
>>15022467
Wished I had something like this.
>>
>>15021703
Wow didn't realise there was a manga, thanks a lot anon! Do you have other volumes or is this the only one available right now?
>>
>>15024065
Sadly only got this one.

Dunno if there are even other volumes out there.
>>
>>15024079
Sweet, I could give a whack at translating but it'll be pretty slow and my Japanese is N4ish so dunno how well I'll do.

Some other anon might have a better crack at it though.
>>
BD RIP FUCKING WHEN
>>
>>15024084
Still would appreciate if it got translated.
>>
>>15024085
FUCKING THIS. BD RIP WHEN.
>>
>>15021344
>Black RX
>Shitty

When will this meme ever die? RX is good, it's just a different place from Black.
>>
>>15022467
>too small to display with figma guyver and figma samus
>other options are the armor plus and the old model kit
>all three of them are creeping up in price, with the figma being the most accesible but the most shitty of the bunch
fuck
>>
>>15017095
Does anyone who says this actually try watching Tekkaman Blade? Shit gets depressing as hell, what the fuck
>>
>>15025107
Yes, and? The design is still really cool and a really solid heroic spaceknight look, not our fault you can't separate aspects of a work.
>>
>>15025170
>not our fault you can't separate aspects of a work.
Typically when someone says that a character is cool they don't arbitrarily ignore almost everything about that character like what you're doing
>>
>>15025107
>>15025107
I don't see how being cool and being depressing are necessarily exclusive. I watched the whole series and almost cried when D-Boy unearths that recording of him and his brother from when they were kids and I still think Blade is a damn cool power-armor.
>>
>>15025255
Blade is simply all the more badass for continuing to be heroic despite all the absolute physical and emotional devastation he had to endure throughout the story

Evangelion would have been a good show if Shinji had taken a page out of his book.
>>
When does Tekkaman start getting dramatic and emotional out of interest? I watched the first 5 to 10 episodes a few years back and stopped because all I ever see anyone talk about is how cool and good it is because of the emotional drama and so on, but all I saw in those first episodes was Saturday morning cartoon cheese and I couldn't take any more of it at the time.
>>
>>15025392
Things really start heating up after the first Tekkaman (Dagger) dies. You've probably seen hints that the protag knew who he was from before, but after Dagger dies the hero's past becomes more and more important.
>>
>>15025392
To put an exact mark on it, around episode 14 or so
>>
>>15025410

Well I guess what I'm asking is if that's like episode 11 and I was only a wee bit off, or if it's lie episode 40 and there's more cheese than drama but people only discuss the latter.
>>
>>15025427

Thanks. I'll probably retry the show at some point in the next few weeks.
>>
>>15025255
They do when focusing entirely on how cool it is, which tends to boil down to their design aesthetics and what cool shit they do. Blade has a terrific aesthetic and does a lot of cool shit with Voltekka in particular being a fantastic finishing move. You can just show someone a few pictures of Blade and they'll realize he's a cool fucking spaceknight.
>>
>>15025629
It helps that he showed up for the export of Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, even when his plot isn't featured.
>>
>>15025392
When I watched Tekkaman way back I had no idea that the show was setting itself up for all the Shakespearean drama later on. Like you I was kind of bored with the first 10 episodes, but then got serious whiplash from the unexpected transition. Show are more entertaining when you don't have /m/ outlining the entire show for you before you even start watching it.
>>
>>15025719

If I didn't have someone giving that vague outline I'd never have watched it at all most likely, and certainly wouldn't have pushed through those first dozen episodes. I still haven't obviously, but I definitely wouldn't without some reason. If no outline works for you, great. It's not a blanket good though, and it's not going to work for every series and every person.
>>
>>15025732
It's true.

For example, I only watched Rayearth after hearing about that second season
And then I actually got to the second season and realized the first season was better. C'est la vie.
>>
>>15025774
The end of Rayearth's first Season is so fucking perfect.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.