[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who are the most overestimated characters by the simple fact

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 12

File: shit.png (226KB, 475x474px) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
226KB, 475x474px
>>
File: Hitomi_Kanzaki.jpg (61KB, 468x768px) Image search: [Google]
Hitomi_Kanzaki.jpg
61KB, 468x768px
>>15014573
this
>>
File: 4546.jpg (91KB, 427x753px) Image search: [Google]
4546.jpg
91KB, 427x753px
Sheryl
>>
>>15014573
She beat a veteran so idk what you mean by 'overestimated.' Even in the show they say she can't use the Alex to its full potential because she isn't a newtype, not because she's a woman.

Who's the girl that knocked over your sandcastle, anon?
>>
>>15014573
>the most overestimated characters

What the fuck does that even mean?
>>
>>15014573
97% of the anime female characters are overrated.
Any waifushit is like a GOD to the western fans.
>>
>>15014646
She got the drop on a vet who was in a laughably armored speed machine when he was surprised his massive demolition chain was shrugged off by her suit's reactive armor. And filled him full of holes while he hurriedly re-engaged. However...

>>15014573
You're a fucking idiot if you think anyone thinks she's some amazing pilot. People like Chris because she's cute, not for her piloting skills.
>>
File: Fa_2.jpg (20KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
Fa_2.jpg
20KB, 225x350px
She's a shit girlfriend, a silver medalist and almost as immature as her autistic lesbian partner. She even managed to lose the latter's bedridden retard ass twice lmao 0/10
>>
>>15014661
It means OP has severe autism preventing basic communication with it.
>>
File: 1472609224412.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472609224412.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
Freyja
>>
>>15014573
What are you complaining about? There's tons of /m/en for either the female or fag that you are.
>>
>>15014593
She could run fast and had decent cardio.

Which frankly makes her less worthless than 95% of actual women.
>>
>>15014720
nice shitposting ANN anon
>>
File: worst_pilot_gundam_of_all_time.jpg (49KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
worst_pilot_gundam_of_all_time.jpg
49KB, 720x480px
>>
>>15014698
>>15014737
Zeta Gundam has worse writing than Naruto.
>>
>>15014744
>hate Zeta
Are you gundamrager from the hate gundam threads, right?
>>
File: 22074-sayla.png (309KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
22074-sayla.png
309KB, 640x480px
>>15014741
>worst_pilot_gundam_of_all_time

That's not Sayla.
>>
>>15014705
>You're a fucking idiot if you think anyone thinks she's some amazing pilot.

People think she's an amazing pilot because that's literally her job. You don't even get considered as a test pilot if you're not above average.

Why do people not get this? If you're testing experimental and dangerous vehicles you don't give it to some rookie, you give it the person who is going to run it to it's absolute peak and make it cream itself performance wise and will be able to deal with shit if problems arise.
>>
>>15014784
No she's a woman so she's bad.
>>
>>15014784
newtype kid in gundam beats experienced pilot every time.
>>
>>15014736
>She could run fast and had decent cardio.
>Which frankly makes her less worthless than 95% of Americlaps of both genders
fixed
>>
File: 1471215023386.jpg (80KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
1471215023386.jpg
80KB, 766x960px
>>15014573
>the shitposting has gotten to the point where people are shitting on specific characters

My love of robots is dead
>>
>overestimated
Go home, Pablo.
>>15014763
To be fair she was at least good in the G Fighter
>>
Is OP that /pol/tard who went on some long spiel about how female pilots would be useless in the real world
>>
>>15014784
I have to question your logic. It's a newtype machine that Chris is not actually capable of pushing to its absolute peak, she knows it, the team knows it. There's only one pilot the Federation can use to push it to it's limit, and they didn't use him.

I also doubt she's an amazing pilot, there's only 1200 GMs/pilots the federation can call on, taking aces away from a developing field of war when they can teach and lead other squads seems like a questionable call to me. An experienced pilot, i don't doubt. That being said, this paragraph is conjecture that I don't put too much stock in myself.
>>
>>15014831
There's only one pilot the Federation can use to push it to it's limit, and they didn't use him.

And that kid is in frontline and cannot be disposed for some mundane test. I believe they choose Chris just because being a Test pilot is her job. I'm pretty sure her skill as a pilot is above average. Just like Shiro.
>>
>>15014903
If she piloted jets or something, sure. That's surprisingly transferable, Io Fleming started with biplanes (maybe mono I don't recall exactly), Kamille started with the Homo Avis/Robot Jock things, and Amuro started with mobile suits and by Zeta he's crashing cargo planes into mobile suits.
>>
This is ridiculous, people are always shitting on male characters, but no one says anything, but as we have a female character, these disgusting feminists and SJWs automatically appear in the thread, vomiting their faeces and secretions.
>>
>>15014903
>I'm pretty sure her skill as a pilot is above average. Just like Shiro.
>Yeah, Imaginary skills that have never been displayed by the show.
nice headcanon fag
>>
>>15014784
Test pilots are people who can do very regimented and progressive investigations of vehicle performance. It is rare that they bring it to any kind of peak, and normally it's to explore what happens. It's not about sticking an "above average pilot" in there who can bring it to peak, but bringing in a smart person who can tell you what the plane is doing at all times. A prototype isn't a finished model. They are still working on it and need feedback, not only from instruments, to work out deficiencies.

Really, I have no problem so long as she has the proper training. Trouble is, feddie suits haven't been around long enough at that point for someone to be experienced. So really, anyone would have done if they had a modicum of training.
>>
>>15014831

> taking aces away from a developing field of war when they can teach and lead other squads seems like a questionable call to me.

Wasn't this exactly what the US did? And what the Germans didn't? The US took experienced and proven aces from the front and used them both to train new recruits and test equipment so as to improve the performance of all future pilots if I recall, while Germany just used them on the front line.
>>
>>15014989
Germany used many aces lead by none other than Adolf Galland to test the Me 262 though.
>>
>>15014989
They did? Well I wasn't claiming it was illogical, I'm just questioning it, because it's not a convincing claim at face value. If anything, the fact that both the US and Germany came to two different positions on the matter of test pilots proves that the matter is questionable.
>>
File: 147843646806293.jpg (77KB, 239x296px) Image search: [Google]
147843646806293.jpg
77KB, 239x296px
>>
File: Bernie's Burgers.jpg (23KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
Bernie's Burgers.jpg
23KB, 225x350px
>>15014573
I think if Chris was a guy he would be shitted on pretty hard for losing/drawing to a Zaku, doubly so if Bernie was a chick.

The flipside of the gender flip would be female Bernie beng praised for beating/drawing a Gundam with a Zaku, so ultimately the same thing would happen.
>>
>>15015101

> he would be shitted on pretty hard for losing/drawing to a Zaku
> female Bernie beating/drawing with a Zaku

Putting aside that Chris pretty clearly won given that she survived and killed Bernie and that Bernie didn't even achieve a pyrrhic victory by still managing to complete an objective or anything both of those things already happen. People do shit on Chris for getting the Alex damaged by a Zaku and people do praise Bernie for giving a Gundam such a good run for it's money using a Zaku. You don't have to flip gender or imagine to get either of those things.
>>
>>15014784
The most important quality is that a test pilot can keep their cool even when things go tits up out of nowhere.

It's usually a very multitask driven career and you need to be able to take the pressure of a million things going on all at once and if you lose your shit because the red lamp flipped on then you're not fit for test piloting.
>>
Kamille
>>
>>15014964
Well there is like a hundred times more male characters than there are female ones. When the pool is so small, you can't be terribly picky. Using Wing as an example there's what, probably 3-4 named male characters for every 1 named female character?
>>
>>15014964

> people are always shitting on male characters, but no one says anything

Not really. I'm not sure there's a single male character you could shit on that wouldn't get some defence. And yes I'm including Katz and Hathaway in that statement, since I'd defend them myself at the very least. Both thematically, as foils for the protagonist to show relative growth and as pilots or people. I wouldn't claim either was a great pilot, just that they had reason, at least as they saw it, to sortie and to think lack of training or skill wasn't an impediment or excuse. When people defend male characters they're not social justice warriors though. It's only when someone defends a female character that that accusation gets used, regardless of what's actually said.
>>
>>15014736

Recently watched Escaflowne for the first time with a friend. We started a game where someone had to call out 'track and field!' every time Hitomi ran somewhere... but honestly her ability to run away from shit was actually pretty useful.

That and her future visions... Hitomi solved more problems than Van or Allen did, despite not having a mech.
>>
Chris should have got to pilot the GP-01, and had a lesbian affair with Nina
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.