[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth getting into AC with this? Does anyone still play

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

File: Armored-Core-Verdict-Day.jpg (239KB, 650x361px) Image search: [Google]
Armored-Core-Verdict-Day.jpg
239KB, 650x361px
Is it worth getting into AC with this?

Does anyone still play this online? Is the offline content enough to make one satisfied?
>>
no
no
no
>>
>>15013793

Why? Which one should I get instead?
>>
>>15013732
I recommend the original trilogy. They're a little clunky until Master of Arena, but a lot of fun.

On the PS2, Armored Core 2, 3, and Silent Line were great. I never got to play Another Age, and I didn't like Nexus, Ninebreaker, or Last Raven.

AC4 and 5 (as well as their expansions) are bad, unfortunately.
>>
>>15013800
start from 1 and work your way up
>>
>>15013802
4 and 4A arent bad, people dont like it because it goes for more ultrafast mechs than what people were used to previously. 5 is hot garbage and VD is only slightly better
>>
>>15013870

Is 4 worth getting before 4A, or should I just go for 4A directly?
>>
>>15013732
>is it worth getting into AC with this
Worked for me
>is the offline content enough to make one satisfied
It satisfied me, I don't pay for online.

Keep in mind I got it for 23$ on sale.

Depends on what sorta mecha you want. Do you like them just a little heavy and slow? Go with VD.
But if you like GOFASTBOOSTFUCKINGEVERYWHERE then pick up 4A

I won't talk about the PS2 games, since I haven't played them.
>>
>>15013933

The online is paid? Or are you talking about xbox live?
>>
>>15013910
4A improves on 4 a lot so not really unless you just want to play in order
>>
File: nexus3607iq.jpg (90KB, 1024x529px) Image search: [Google]
nexus3607iq.jpg
90KB, 1024x529px
There's lots of places to start Armored Core, but I would not recommend 5. It's not godawful but there's enough wrong with it to possibly turn someone away from an otherwise great series.
On the PS2 I'd say start with AC3 or Nexus. AC3 is the best starting point gameplay wise, but it has an old-school, rather awkward control scheme that takes a lot of getting used to. Nexus fixes this problem with proper dual-analog controls.
AC4 and fA can be good. Lots of people love them but I had a few gripes, almost all of them exclusively about the multiplayer, the single player is perfectly fine for the most part. Those games are the fastest, most energetic games in the franchise, almost t the degree of Zone of the Enders, while the rest of the series is a bit slower and more rounded.
Or you could wait for AC6
>>
>>15013995
>Or you could wait for AC6
Thats a funny joke anon
>>
>>15014100
we already know a new one is being made so it's just a matter of time
>>
>>15013995
>>15014100
AC7 soon, buddies!
>>
>>15013940
xbawks
>>
>>15014131
But steel battalion 4 never
>>
>>15013870
4A is a fun, but easy game due to the way the energy works. 4 is good, but slightly harder in my opinion.
>>
>>15014714
depends on the ruleset for 4A. you can switch between different patches in the game menu so it affects difficulty and balance
>>
Why are melee weapons so bad in VD goddamn
All I want is to hit a stationary helicopter on the ground but I'm always hitting either above or below the stupid helicopter.
>>
get a psp emulator get last raven and learn to hate your self and all the bad decisions you make when building a robot
>>
Don't play the first games, the controls are no fun utter shit. The people who thought those controls are OK were literal retards.
>>
>>15014946
The controls were okay for the PS1, since it's the best they could do without Dual Analogs at that time.
However, that's no fucking excuse for forcing the same control scheme in AC2/AC3.
At least the PSP versions of 3 and SL can offer dual analogs if you use a controller in tandem with an emulator (>>15014945).
>>
>>15014952
maybe for you but I have no problem with the old control scheme.

I still play silent line to this day and it's still very fun.
>>
4ぐらいのホワイトグリントとかぐらいからだ
>>
>>15013732
Hardly anyone played the game 1 year after release so you're going to have even a harder time now trying to get a game.
>>
Just play the first game, or one of the good PS2 games that you can get your hands on.
>>
>>15013732
check the general on /vg/
>>
>>15013732
>>
>>15014853
You need to jump/QB into your swings, as opposed to past games where they just slung you forwards for free. You have to really work for it in VD, because most melee weapons are either autokillers or so much damage that it's near-impossible to make up for a few swings. Especially that 60K Pilebunker.
>>
This late in the game your choices are: retro, emulation, or wait for Miyazaki to bring back Frame Gride.

That's about it.
(But to specifically answer your question, no don't try to get involved with VD, the remaining players are retards. Even the JP servers are barely populated. Its not geared toward a single player experience.)
>>
Wait for news on the new one. FROM says they're working on it.
>>
Is Sony ever going to put PP and MoA on PSN?
>>
>>
File: Armored-Core-Verdict-Day-3.jpg (176KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Armored-Core-Verdict-Day-3.jpg
176KB, 1280x720px
>>
File: nein-ball.png (1MB, 1250x1123px) Image search: [Google]
nein-ball.png
1MB, 1250x1123px
>>
File: bulkheadss.gif (752KB, 200x141px) Image search: [Google]
bulkheadss.gif
752KB, 200x141px
>>15013732

It is the best Armored Core game because it is the most like Chromehounds.

Unmanned unit AI customization, armored core customization is pretty great. 360 is dead but people still play on ps3. The offline story is pretty good. It's only fun to play on a team with a friend or two vs another team online after you beat the story mode and make a few decent bots.

Hardcore mode is great.

AC6 is confirmed and is probably out next year, personally I'm waiting for that but if you want a AC game that has a somewhat steep learning curve an a fun online (when you get a match anyway) then try it out.
>>
>>15013802

Didn't like Last Raven UGH

Can't take you seriously man.

AC4a and ACVD were nice. Didn't care for AC4 or AC5 though.

I agree that AC2 is a good starting point but if anon wants an online match he's better off with VD.
>>
>>15013870
>>15013910

4 is like a pretty version of the ps2 games and is a solid game.

4a is super easy, short and customization is more cosmetic and less important than the other titles.

V is shit.

VD is what V Should have been and improves on literally everything. UNAC customization and Super Hard Mode made me love this game.
>>
>>15014853

You need to boost then attack to increase momentum and damage. Boost Charging people is effective though Piledrivers and laser blades aren't that hard to use on a faster mech.

This is a get gud scenario.
>>
File: portal chair.jpg (54KB, 900x505px) Image search: [Google]
portal chair.jpg
54KB, 900x505px
>>15015310

/m/ and /vg/ armored core threads are always nice. People are so polite and knowledgeable. I can't stand /v/ or /vg/ unless they are talking about AC.
>>
File: mech.png (351KB, 550x458px) Image search: [Google]
mech.png
351KB, 550x458px
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.