[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mobile Armors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Shamblo-ova.png (426KB, 1155x455px) Image search: [Google]
Shamblo-ova.png
426KB, 1155x455px
What do you think makes a mobile armor /m/? A mobile suit has a pretty obvious definition as a human shaped war machine with high mobility via AMBAC, thrusters etc. but from what I can tell a mobile armor can basically be any size, any shape and doesn't even need to have high mobility as the name mobile suggests. I've looked up the wikia out of interest and their definition didn't help. Mobile armor seems to be a catch all term for one person or small crew fighters that aren't mobile suits and really just a franchise specific name for space fighters in the same way Star Wars has snubfighters.
>>
Ginormous, impractical super weapon piloted by unstable female antagonist who die near the end.
>>
Any mobile weapon that's smaller than a battleship but bigger than a contemporary mobile suit. The Psyco Gundam is classed as an MA despite being humanoid in form because its size is much larger than a Gryps-era mobile suit.
>>
>>15013686
To add a corollary, the Cosmic Era setting also uses the term mobile armor for their spacefighters. It's the only setting that makes any significant use of fighter craft, so it's the only setting that uses the term MA in this manner.
>>
mobile armor is the middle term between mechas and battleships, it seems
bigger than a mobile suit and smaller than a battleship
>>
The way I see it is that if it's larger than a standard mobile suit and it's too large to just be a fighter or tank (or a pod), then it's a mobile armor.

>>15013686
I don't mean to be nitpicking, but there are a few that don't quite fit. Stuff like the Z'od-iacok or the Patulia are basically battleship-sized by themselves. I think the Psyco Gundams are called mobile armors because they can transform into mobile armor modes. Machines like the Quin Mantha are just as large but are still called mobile suits.

Also, the Neo Zeong is called a mobile armor despite having a more or less humanoid form (with propellant tanks instead of legs), while the Zeong (and Perfect Zeong) is called a mobile suit because it was intended to have legs.
>>
File: 4897148163235654.jpg (9KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
4897148163235654.jpg
9KB, 256x192px
>>15013678
>piloted by unstable female antagonist

Nigga, you trippin'...
>>
The way I see it, the intent behind them is to have one very big gun dedicated to a task, while being generally cheaper to produce than a full-on battleship.

Like those Nazi artillery guns that used battleship cannons, and were transported via railroads.
>>
When the show calls it a mobile armor, then it is a mobile armor
>>
>>15014363
If you stood an x and a y up, they would be less stable than two x...
>>
>>15014580
same thing for gundams, isn't it?
>>
>>15013654
>What do you think makes a mobile armor /m/?

There is no sensible definition of a mobile armour because it's a concept that has no utility within the Gundam franchise. This is basically the writers putting themselves at 90 degrees and taking it from the toy companies. Of course fans being fans will try to rationalize the existence of these things, but you cannot.
>>
>>15013654
>What do you think makes a mobile armor /m/?

Its mechanical, nuff said
>>
File: 45454.jpg (10KB, 244x207px) Image search: [Google]
45454.jpg
10KB, 244x207px
Gundam-Jaburo
>>
File: ama-x7-shamblo.jpg (98KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ama-x7-shamblo.jpg
98KB, 1280x720px
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.