[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who does it better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (96KB, 960x631px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 960x631px
Who does it better?
>>
>>15012443
the friend
>>
>>15012448
Why?
>>
>>15012443
Someone took their time, made this Reddit tier image, posted it on a Mongolian throat singing board to ask who's better.

Wow
>>
>>15012454
You didn't watch all of it and factually know less.
>>
>>15012443
The friend.

Seconding >>15012457 and >>15012463
OP's a fag.
>>
>>15012470
You are a fag. I Just don't want to watch 50 episode shows. If there is a shortcut, I'll take it.
>>
>>15012443
Nobody cares about this shit
>>
>>15012443
I can understand just watching the 0079 movies, but:
>Not going back and watching the full series anyway
>Watching A New Translation without watching the full series
>skipping ZZ
>skipping F91
>skipping Victory

The only issue the friend has is watching Re :0096, but as long as he binged watched it there's functionally no difference between it and the OVA.

Basically, OP is a fag and his thread is bait.

>>15012484
And that's why your friend is better. If you don't want to watch the whole show, you don't actually like Gundam.
>>
>>15012484
You in a hurry? kek

If you wanna watch [thing] but can't be bothered to watch it all, I dunno why you'd have wanted to watch it in the first place. This is all being done on your free time.
>>
>>15012528
Maybe, I dont have a lot o free time? Maybe, while he is sitting at home, eating chips with chopsticks, playing osu and watching anime, I'm out there either studying or working.

And I don't want to watch long shows, because I want to move on. I want to get a good overview I the UC gundam franchise and move on with other stuff. I don't want to be stuck with one thing for 250 episodes, when I can do it in 50.
>>
>>15012515
>>skipping ZZ
>>skipping F91
>>skipping Victory
There is nothing wrong with skipping garbage.
>>
>>15012562

...But most Gundam TV shows -are- 50-ish episodes. Some, like 0079, X, G and AGE, are even less.
>>
File: I came here to bark at you.jpg (177KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
I came here to bark at you.jpg
177KB, 500x500px
>>15012562
Then just read the wikipedia summaries assclown.
>>
>>15012575
Oh no, I'm not touching anything that isn't UC (aside from turn A). Rest of the franchise is crap.
>>
>>15012562
You want to watch a thing by watching as little of it as possible? kek you may as well not watch it. Who's "he"?

If you view it as being "stuck" you sound like you have the wrong attitude for watching things in general. Having things to do doesn't mean you have to cut down on what you do or watch and I don't understand why it should.
>>
>>15012562
It's just as long as a typical 26 episodes season of a live-action series. Plus it's self contained. It's not "long".
The entire Gundam franchise is probably as long as one single long live-action western series, it's nothing crazy and you can select what you want to watch and in pretty much the order you want.

>>15012443
Better what? Better at what?
It's just a entertainment show, there's no award at the end.
>>
>>15012562
And? Are you fucking dying tomorrow? Most first world people live around 70-ish years.

You have the time, just like you have the damn time to pick your ass up and exercise.

>>15012568
>these things I haven't watched are bad
>>
>>15012562
If you want a quick overview of something you can just read the wikipedia article, you know.
>>
>>15012562
Unfortunately some of the compilation movies tend to be objectively inferior. The Zeta trilogy has nice animation at times, but questionable cutting room decisions that affect pacing and storytelling. 0083 movie is a particularly bad offender as it handwaves the first couple of episodes into a minute long narration and compresses an already iffy plot.

If all you want is an overview, you might as well just read summaries of all of the movies instead of watching the movies.

At least you're not one of those retards who speedrun shows by watching them at 2x playback speed while browsing the internet or doing other shit
>>
>>15012594
>falling for reddit's memes
You have you go back.
>>
File: 1481230305583.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1481230305583.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>friend likes Gundam
>friend got to see more Gundam
Gee I wonder.
>>
Since I doubt OP is being legitimate I will just say this is an excellent bait thread. This guy knows how to wring out the (you)s.
>>
>>15012443
Neither because watching cartoons is not productive and you should instead judge people by their actions
>>
>>15012620
(you)ing you. He hit quite a few weak spots in anons, specially skipping shows and watching Z's movies without watching the show.
>>
>>15012620
>excellent
>>
>>15012641
I wouldn't call them weak spots but he's doing something generally acknowledged as fucking stupid and defending himself at the same time. It's "only pretending to be retarded" but if he's only after (you)s he got them.
Otherwise, he's just making himself look like a retard. /m/ may be easy to bait but it can be done better.

>>15012642
As bait, yes, definitely.
>>
>>15012596
No, I constantly want to move on and see new things. There are so many shows that I want to watch, but can't, because I'm slowly moving through the stuff I'm watching right now.
>>
>>15012597
>western live action show
Never watched any, so I can't use it as a point of comparison.
>>
File: 1481045577396.png (24KB, 319x201px) Image search: [Google]
1481045577396.png
24KB, 319x201px
>>15012684
>quantity over quality
>>
>>15012684
How much free time do you have? Minutes a day?
>>
>>15012691
>not ADD
Don't give him the (you)s, man.
>>
>>15012600
>>these things I haven't watched are bad
I have heard from some pretty reliable sources, that UC and Turn A are the only good things that have come out of the gundam franchise. The rest is just milking. Either it's gay, terrible or it's a toy commercial.
>>
>>15012609
I have never been to reddit >>15012720 .
>>
>>15012720
Protip: ALL of Gundam is there to sell plastic crap to kids.
>>
>>15012720
>Either it's gay, terrible or it's a toy commercial.
At least one of those three things apply to each and every UC entry, usually two or three.
>>
>>15012620
>Since I doubt OP is being legitimate
I'm 100% serious. Also, I now realize that I should have clarified this at the start of the thread, but we both just started watching gundam, and those are our watching plans. I'm at stardust memories and he is halfway through 79.
>>
File: Sexy Kamille.jpg (97KB, 500x351px) Image search: [Google]
Sexy Kamille.jpg
97KB, 500x351px
>>15012720
>Zeta is not gay.
>>
>>15012695
Two hours before going to sleep and the weekends are also a little bit slower.
>>
>>15012772
That is about four episodes a day. You'd get through a 52 episode series in 13 days. Two fucking weeks.
>>
>>15012778
Two weeks on one show? That's shit better be on par with legend of the galactic heroes and macross, for me to watch it for more than a week.
>>
How about production order you fucking cock guzzling mongoloid
>>
>>15012791
That's why we're telling you to not watch the butchered versions.
>>
>>15012443
OP, you have a choice between:
A) space runaway Ideon tv series (39 episodes) + the movie.
B) space runaway Ideon recap movie + the movie.

Choose wisely.
>>
>>15012792
Huh? What do you mean by this?
>>
>>15012798
I don't know, 39 ain't that bad, but the two movie deal is tempting.
>>
>>15012765
KAMILLE IS A MAN'S NAME
AND HE IS A MAN
>>
>>15012822
Men have dicks.
>>
>>15012443
Here you go Op:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2015-10-21/mobile-suit-gundam-where-to-start-and-what-worth-watching/.94461

This will guide you.
>>
>>15012841
Stop.
>>
>>15012515
>If you don't want to watch the whole show, you don't actually like Gundam.
THIS.
>>
Your friend.
Also I hate you, and can never forgive you for these heinous crimes. Go back to /a/frica.
>>
>>15012841
>this cruddy list
oh hell no! BTW Lauren is overdue for her Victory review, is she okay? I hope nothing bad happened to her.
>>
>>15012841
Don't bother, he already got his Intel from here:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kox5nAj2F4I
>>
>>15012802
Watch it all in order.
Idiot.
>>
>>15012484
Then you simply don't like the show and shouldn't bother to watch a shitty compilation in the first place
>>
>>15012802
That even if The Origin is a prequel, watching it without knowing the franchise is a really stupid choice
>>
>>15012562
If you watch 9 episodes a day (Which is about 4 hours tops) you can finish a 50 episode series in a week easily. Two weeks if you only do 5 a day (Two hours to watch)

>>15012594
How do you know the franchise is crap if you haven't watched it?

Also don't be a nigger and skip ZZ/F91/Victory. Zeta movies are trash too no matter how great Black_Knight tells you otherwise
>>
>origin before 0079
>>
>>15013034
>How do you know the franchise is crap if you haven't watched it?
I have heard a lot of bad about the non-UC shows. Everything that I heard sounded unappealing to me.

>Also don't be a nigger and skip ZZ/F91/Victory.
From what I heard, ZZ is absolutely shit (thanks to it being a comedy), F91 was rushed and irrelevant, and victory is an obvious and uncreative cash in.

And I'm sorry but im not interested in kids fighting in tournaments with the gundams, or racist tournament gundams, or fujoshit rehashes of the original, or kids using overpowered gundams to fight the evil adults.

I don't care about all that. What got me interested in UC was the war drama and the characters, not op giant robots.
>>
>>15013101
In that case, skip Unicorn as well. It's tainted by the recent trend of overpowered Gundams fighting evil adults and is a huge cash in created for the 30th and 35th Gundam anniversaries.

You're wrong about Victory, though. It's not a cash-in at all considering how little merchandising there is, and it has some of the most unique and entertaining combat choreagraphy and storyboard compared to most of the franchise. The main plot and some of the characters are flawed, though.

I'm still warning you that the compilation versions have worse storytelling and characterization (due to time constraints and cut content), but you seem adamant on watching the inferior version that you will probably end up dropping.
>>
>>15013101
>kids using overpowered gundams to fight the evil adults

Then you may as well not watch any Gundam. From the get go you had little autists like Amuro (15) and Kamille (17) instantly beating down trained soldiers after climbing into a mobile suit for the first time.
>>
>>15013101
>from what I heard
You are the exact kind of cancerous sheep that deserves to have your skull crushed by a hydraulic press at the slowest possible speed.

YOU.

HAVE.

TO.

GO.

BACK.
>>
>>15013125
>It's tainted by the recent trend of overpowered Gundams fighting evil adults
I wasn't aware Zeta "IS THIS HOW ADULTS BEHAVE!?" Gundam was recent.
>>
Look, if you're going to be a douche, here's my advice.

Watch Gundam Unicorn. Doesn't matter which version, but when you're done compile a list of things you liked about it, and come back with that list.

After that it's trivial to break down what Gundam entries are to your taste.

Of course, much of the veteran gunota fanservice will be lost on you, but otherwise the series is actually quite friendly as a standalone work, and draws plenty enough from the body of UC Gundam as to function as a sort of sampler.
>>
>>15013413
>has never heard of 2000s/2010s gundam
>>
>>15013454
>He is legitimately mentally impaired.
>>
>>15013407
And you deserve to get slapped by your mum, for being a rude prick.
>>
File: Ezelcunt.jpg (121KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Ezelcunt.jpg
121KB, 1600x900px
>>15013554
>he thinks this guy isn't a generic evil adult
>>
>>15012443
Ya both wrong

>Read The Origin
>08th MS Team
>Thunderbolt
>War in the Pocket
>Stardust Memory
>The first two ANT movies
>Ep. 33-50 of Zeta
>Last half of ZZ
>Char's Counterattack
>Unicorn OVA
>F91
>Victory
>>
I don't understand not wanting to watch a show because it's too long, do you really want to watch the show or are you just trying to add marks to your checklist
>>
Does anyone know where I can torrent ZZ and other UC shows/movies/OVAs, I was in the middle of ZZ but Kissanime got killyeah I used it, laugh as much as you want I can't move onto CCA until I finish ZZ
>>
>>15013803
There's a difference between long shows that are good all the way through (LOGH, 0079), and shows that waste lots of time before getting good (Zeta, ZZ).

I watched 0079 because I liked it. I suffered through the Zetas because I wanted to get through UC.
>>
>>15013845
Search in BakaBT.
>>
>>15013733
Except I NEVER FUCKING SAID THAT, YOU MENTALLY DEFUNCT ILLITERATE RETARD. LEARN TO FUCKING READ. LEARN WHAY FUCKIG CONTEXT IS.

Goddamn, Zetafags make Sonicfags look like brain surgeons.
>>
>>15013899
Fuck off, I wasn't even referring to Zeta when I said it was tainted by recent Gundams.
>>
>>15013845
BakaBT, Nyaa.se
Kissanime is going back up AFAIK, Kissanime.io or so.
>>
>>15014317
Holy shit.

You really are that dumb.

It's just going right the fuck over your dumbass head.

Zetafags. Are really. This. Dumb.
>>
>>15014349
I don't even like Zeta or want to talk about it, you just fucking started shoving words about Zeta into my mouth. Let's look at what you quoted:

>It's tainted by the recent trend of overpowered Gundams fighting evil adults

Is that an element of Zeta? Sure. Is it what I was referring to? FUCK NO.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.