[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the meaning of the AT Field /m/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

What was the meaning of the AT Field /m/?
>>
>>15011570
it's a metaphor for how we have pyschological barriers between us
it's a magic force field
it's the thing keeping you from bursting into tang at any moment
>>
>>15011570
ABSOLUTE TERROR FIELD
It flashes in the intro sequence. Kaworu says it's the wall that encloses every mind.
So it's the difference between shutting something out because you're afraid of it and being open minded about it.

You have to remember that the original NGE was entirely metaphorical, which is why the ending is about Shinji learning to be self-determined and not about the final battle with the aliens. All that giant robot stuff was just the framework of the metaphor.

BUT a bunch of people were so invested with the story that they weren't happy with the punch line and insisted Anno give a literal ending to the story, and that's where the Asuka quote comes from so it's meaningless in regards to the original metaphor. It's just Asuka talking to herself.
>>
>>15011647
The last two episodes were gainax running out of money and pulling shit from their ass. You can clearly see it at the end of episode 24, they only show storyboards as the preview, the original EoE ending was planned, but everything went to shit. Metaphors don't exist, it's just Anno trying to make things look deep for fun. At most there's references to freudian shit to insult the characters but nothing more.
>>
>>15011647
>NGE was entirely metaphorical
What really pisses me off about both the TV ending and EoE is that after spending an entire serie building up their characters, plot and myhto around those "metaphors" they just give up, directly adress the viewer and go "here's the message, bye".
>>
>>15011570
The AT field is literally their personal bubble/space
>>
File: 1440564963426.jpg (67KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1440564963426.jpg
67KB, 960x720px
>>15011953
Here, have 10$ dollars left of the budget, your job is to create the most awe inspiring ending that tie together and complete the deep psychological messages built in the story.
Don't forget to do it for every important characters.

If it help, Imagine you are Shinji in this scene and that I'm telling you that as Gendo in his voice
>>
>>15015040
At least Shinji gets a robot at the end of this. All we get is your $10, and $10 can't buy many robots.
>>
File: VOTOMS ending.jpg (43KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
VOTOMS ending.jpg
43KB, 512x384px
>>15011570
post si/m/psons
>>
File: 1245297013005.jpg (18KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1245297013005.jpg
18KB, 720x480px
>>15015049
> gets a robot
more like
> get linked to a lobotomized eldritch alien that share its pain and go berserk after you screw up
hope you like psychic attack, void space & parasite intrusion
>>
>>15015257
If I got to pilot the alien I wouldn't care.
>>
>>15015641
What if the alien end up piloting you ?
>>
File: spock_1024.jpg (66KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
spock_1024.jpg
66KB, 620x465px
>>15015054
>>
>>
>>15015054
There's a Milhouse / Toku Giant Robo parody on one of the comic covers
>>
File: 123.png (302KB, 960x504px) Image search: [Google]
123.png
302KB, 960x504px
>>
>>15015040
delete this
>>
>>15021746
>>
>>15020966
The comics did a big Death Note parody too a while back.
>>
>>15011570
GTFO
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.