[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IBO confirmed for most OP armor.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 274
Thread images: 24

File: Beams are ineffective.png (739KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
Beams are ineffective.png
739KB, 1280x738px
IBO confirmed for most OP armor.
>>
Is this a next IBO thread? Former one is on page 2 and is well over 300+ replies
Ah fuck it
I would like to say anyway that comparing Iok to Patrick is fucking slunder to the latter, at least Patrick was a decent, maybe good pilot and Iok is so shit that jollyhorn made a special railgun so he can be very far from battle, so yeah
Lmao he's a loser
I fucking hate him so much that I hope he dies sometime soon
>>
>>15011541
It's probably the strongest anti-beam defense without being an I-field variant that's for sure. It's like the anti Phase Shift. How strong would it be against conventional weapons from other Gundam shows or something like GN imbued blades?
>>
File: file.png (335KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
335KB, 500x500px
>>15011567
>>15011555
>>15011541
>>
>>15011567

I don't even know that i-fields are as strong as it. And I'm more curious if you could put nanolaminate coating over a phase shift unit and how you'd damage that unit if you could.
>>
>>15011541
I'd much rather believe this is shitty writting instead of tech demonstration.
>let's shoot this fucker in the cockpit with the KONO POWAH weapon
>let's also not damage him in the slightest because we are huge pussies and lol drama
>>
>>15011580
>I don't even know that i-fields are as strong as it
They are, Unicorn showed how powerful a I-field can get and that was early UC tech, by the time Victory rolls out they have far stronger beams to punch through i-field and yet they made the i-field stronger still
>>
>>15011567
unicorn blocked a fucking colony laser

do you even know how big colony laser is ibofag
>>
>>15011541
This is fucking retarded, a goddamn mace, katana or axe are able to demolish a gundam frame by barely hitting it while a fucking beam weapon is just shrugged off? Fucking christ, when you think IBO couldn't get more retarded it still manages to go further beyond
>>
>>15011578
I forgot about how OP this one is. Is there an upper limit of the Akatsuki's anti-beam capabilities?
>>
>>15011567
Beam shields are better
>>
>>15011604
The Unicorn has an I-field and that stupid newtype bullshit. I'm specifically talking about anti beam coating used without requiring power.
>>
I WAS RIGHT THAT IT WAS ANTI-BEAM
>>
>>15011567
The funny part is that nanolaminate armor already is a passive version of phase shift.

It's either that nanolaminate is a catchall anti-everything coating, or the beams in IBO are actually more of a stream of highly energetic particles that in an attempt to physically bore through the nanolaminate just instead get diffracted all over the place.

Either way, the IBO tech curve is insane, these are relics of a centuries old war, imagine if they didn't regress their technology.
>>
>>15011598

There were three seperate i-fields acting against the colony laser in Unicorn and it still was going to get through until Banagher got help from Marida and used a psycofield to turn the psycoframe in the Unicorn up to 11 and stop the laser. It wasn't the i-fields that were strong in Unicorn, it was the psycoframe. And the shields in Victory are mostly beam fields if I recall, not i-fields. Which a VSBR can punch through, and while you can say they got stronger by Victory to accommodate VSBR's, the actual VSBR's went through them so it's not really a solid claim either.
>>
>>15011541
>this is a grunt suit
>>
>>15011606

>MS designed specifically to counter a specific weapon actually does so

>ree fucking stupid jhlasd

it's been like this from the start. its even the reason everyone melees because its the most effective way to kill an MS
>>
>>15011627
The field gets stronger by creating layers though, I remember one guy managing to actually stop by creating three layers I thinkin the manga
>>
>>15011541

what's stupid is that no one bothered to tell that group it had a beam weapon
>>
>>15011636

Does it matter when it doesn't stop them. And I know the manga thing you're referring to, from one of the Crossbone manga if I recall. Beam shields still get penetrated on the shows though, even with layering.
>>
>>15011632
Thank you for not being completely autistic
>>
>>15011541
>one weak beam attack
>>
>>15011632
>MS designed specifically to counter a specific weapon actually does so
So this is the return of the anti-fortress cannon meme, only now without any of the sarcasm, are you going to tell me that a beam weapon, a beam made of heated energy is weaker than a fucking katana? Or a mace? Or the axes?
>>
>>15011625

This is like Warhammer 40k all over again, but with less time passage.
>>
>>15011578
Didn't that thing retreat from Shinn minus an arm and a leg?
It's been a while since I watched Destiny, but I'm pretty sure that thing got wrecked (it was Cagalli, after all).
>>
>>15011625

That would be my guess about the nature of IBO beams, low heat, low concussive force, high energy, high penetration.
>>
Wow, way to hype up beam weapons, only prove it's ineffective against even a grunt suit.

Only IBO...
>>
>>15011657
and nowhere near as cool
>>
>hunting with my Bros
>some rando comes in, he uses a heavy gunner build
>picks G Rank Hashmal
>fuck it it sounds interesting
>none of us know what we're doing
>try to ambush it in valley
>it's surrounded by trilobite things
>FUCK
>rando gunner fucking aggros Hashmal in a different zone
>FUCK
>try to cut it off before it ambushes the caravan
>light gunner bro jumps in its way
>fucking pink laser shit comes out of Hashmal WTF
>MISSION FAILED
>WHY
>gunner bro actually had the right resistances but deflected the laser shit to the caravan
>get punted to lobby, rando who fucked us over nowhere to be seen

JUST A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A MOBILE ARMOR HUNTER.
>>
>>15011664
Yes it did. It also withstood the Tanhauser without a scratch.
>>
>>15011656
>is weaker than a katana
Of course not. It instantly blew a mile-long trench in the ground when it woke up.

BUT
NLA is apparently an anti-beam coating, and beam weapons are weak against anti-beam coating so people use physical rounds instead.
How hard is this to understand?
>>
>>15011656

yes

notice that the shiden doesn't even budge when the beam hits so it probably has very little physical force behind it. on the other hand MS melee weapons are built out of the same stuff the MS are
>>
The fact beams just bounce off even a Graze makes the Hashmal seem less threatening given its main weapon is essentially a light show now.
>>
>>15011656
General rule of thumb is that if armor ever surpasses the penetrative ability of weaponry in a given time period, you move to melee weapons meant to crumple the armor and/or jostle the fleshbag within until they lose consciousness, or at the least anything that can successfully transmit kinetic force through the object in the rough equivalent of a good kick to the noggin.

So yeah it makes sense to move to hammers and maces. The katana has the argument of being used on the seams between the armor, slicing through what few and barely exposed parts remain vulnerable to sharp pointy things.

But yeah, if you can't pierce them, you go for the knockout punch. There's historical precedence for it.
>>
>>15011690
it can still zerg-rush them with the Plumas, and if they don't keep the Hashmal away from Chryse it could stil be a civilian massacre even if it can't hurt the mobile suits.

Oh, and everyone is going to starve now, btw. Or the Sakura Farm is going to get rich.
Too early to tell, really.
>>
>>15011704
>Implying the show won't handwave the destruction after it's all over in favor of more orphan "bonding"
>>
I would have honestly been more surprised if the beams did affect mobile suits, since mobile suits were made solely to counter mobile armors, so it's kind of obvious that they would be made to be immune to the mobile armor's main weapon.
>>
>>15011704
Note that the Hashmal also never went out of the way to beam mobile suits, at least onscreen.

While you can argue that was to build suspense as to when it would inevitably happen, it also can be interpreted as Hashmal knowing that it is the least effective attack in its arsenal against mobile suits, and that it should talon stomp them and hedge on its Pluma army to clear the way.

Question I have was who built these things, and were the Plumas always meant as combat weapons? I don't have full confidence that the Hashmal's creator would have the foresight to diversify its armaments, but it did give it a means of self-repair. Could it also self-modify?
>>
im glad vidar is already here but Im gonna be triggered if that minotaur MS appears just to lose to him
>>
>>15011666
> /m/ wanting more beam shit

Even /a/ is literally more consistent at its /m/bucketlist
>>
>>15011606
NANO LAMINATE ARMOR IS ANTI-BEAM YOU MONGOLOID.
>>
either nanolaminate armor is the reason the beam tech didn't work on IBO-verse, or the beams were so weak that they weren't worth using
>>
>>15011767
Beam spam is awesome though
>>
>>15011789

There's no either, it's the first.
>>
>>15011606
beams destroy things in a molecular level.
it's not about durability of armor, but about molecular composition.
if your armor is composed in a way it can resist beams, it doesn't matter if it's luna titanium, nanolaminate armor, steel or tin foil, it will resist beams for a while
>>
>>15011789
Its weak beams.
>>
>>15011789
We just saw a beam tear like a mile long trench to free the rest of the MA and decimate an entire farm. The beams are plenty strong, ms are just a hard counter which is why the MA has shit like Pluma to protect it while it makes its way to population centers. Remember, the MA came first and were built as wmd, not anti ms.
>>
>>15011797
>>15011802
I didn't watch after episode 25 and you guys are making me confused.
either way, I'd rather have weak beams.
>>
>>15011789
It's clearly the former. That thing fucked up a whole lot of rockwhen it awoke in ep35. It's fairly powerful as beam weapons go. And it is still a threat anyway. If it's smart enough, it could use that beam to cave in part of the valley and bury MS, or blast the ground under them to knock them over.
>>
>>15011794
Fuck no its not. Godamn eye cancer everywhere
>>
i remember some dumb cunt last week stating some summary about how this MA was taken care in the next single episode. welp today's just went by and it's still very much around.
>>
>>15011813
go back to evageeks
>>
File: matrix03151.jpg (33KB, 396x225px) Image search: [Google]
matrix03151.jpg
33KB, 396x225px
>>15011807
>I'd rather have weak beams.
Then I am grateful that it is not up to you.
>>
>>15011802
>weak beams
>still raze a farm even after being deflected by a mobile suit

Now I have trouble grokking physics, but I do believe any sort of beam, be it laser or whatever, is strong because it's a concentrated single direction beam of stuff. If you break it apart in any way, it should lose efficacy. This is a real problem that limits ranges of beams because of physics voodoo resulting in the "breaking down" of various kinds of beams over a distance... or something.

Splitting up the single beam into a collection of smaller tendrils should make for a collection of weaker beams, and yet it still tore apart that farm.

When even the weakened beam is still capable of mass damage, I don't think it's fair to say anything about them are weak, merely that they were situationally ineffective against Ride's Shiden, perhaps mobile suits as a whole if not all forms of nanolaminated armaments.
>>
>>15011808

For a Mobile Armor that was a weak beam.
>>
>>15011807

You don't even need to watch the episodes, there's a webm of it awakening and there's nothing weak about it there. There's a contingent saying the beams are weak because it didn't destroy Ride's suit but an anti-beam weapon resisting beams doesn't mean the beams are weak. Just that they're working as advertised.
>>
>>15011831
>keeps ignoring clear evidence

fucking /m/.
>>
>>15011831
For Patoulia, maybe.
I don't remember the Val Walo, Neue Ziel, Bigro, Agrissa, Esperanza, Elmeth, or Alvatore tunneling through rock. Only the Apsalus.
>>
>>15011863
UC stuff is weak
>>
>>15011863
half of those only work in space. Also

>ZZ Gundam's head cannon
>>
>>15011854
>>15011863

Evidence it can destroy a farm, unfortified civilian structures and corn? That it can blast through rock, its hard to gauge it's strength when nothing else fires a beam at the same angle.
>>
>>15011541
I'm pretty sure that was the epitome of plot armor.
>>
>>15011606
Deductive reasoning and analysis are your friends.

By the rules of the setting, MS were built to combat MA, thus why their armor is capable of shrugging off beams. This would very likely be the reason why MS against MS combat devolved down to bludgeons and bullets: those fancy beam weapons aren't going to do jack shit against the armor, but raw kinetic energy from a fuckhuge hammer doesn't care about that special layer of anti-beam coating you have.

>>15011737
That's sort of what I figured. If what McGillis said is true, that MS were built specifically to counter MA, then it would make sense that those ancient technologies that are used to build MS's would be able to withstand MA weapons. Plus, there's the fact that since MA's were supposedly built to kill humans, those beams are probably ill-suited to kill MS's.

As for who built them, best estimate is that it's the ultimate final weapon of the previous era's big bad, which the Gundams of that generation fought and defeated. It's already been established that all Gundam happens in a single timeline, so the Calamity War's big bads were probably psychotic on the same level as Iron Mask or Rau le Creuset.

>>15011802
>>15011807
>>15011831
>>15011880
>powerlevel wankery
Or just fucking enjoy the show for what it is, you mongoloids.
>>
>>15011891
>>powerlevel wankery
>Or just fucking enjoy the show for what it is, you mongoloids.
what's sci fi if we can't start discussing about powerlevels?
>>
File: no faces.png (576KB, 814x436px) Image search: [Google]
no faces.png
576KB, 814x436px
>>15011891
>just fucking enjoy the show for what it is
>extremely slow pacing
>half the episodes being pure filler
>constantly tone deaf
>anyone remotely likeable dies
>horrific music
>pathetic animation IE pic related
>shits on a 35+ yer franchise

Power levels are all we have left
>>
>>15011901

>shits on a 35+ yer franchise

Oh, piss off. You've probably seen shit all of it, and let me tell you, it's really not that great.
>>
>>15011910
I've seen every series, movie, ova, and most onas, IBO is the worst
>>
>>15011916

Yeah, I'm sure you have.

It's not some peerless landmark saga, and there's very little to 'piss on' to begin with. It's a cartoon about brightly-colored samurai robots, for god's sake.
>>
>>15011656
electromagnetic wave energy=/=kinetic impact damage.
>>
>>15011916
That belongs to AGE.
(Gunpla anime doesn't count as traditional gundam series.)
00 and IBO is the best on the recent show.
>>
>>15011916
>IBO is the worst
>Not SEED Destiny
>Not AGE
Ok
>>
>>15011831

What mobile weapons had stronger beams? There's the Apsalus, which came off as inconsistent with the tech of the One Year War for one. Then there's Wing/Zero/Custom, along with the Tallgeese III in Wing and X/DX and Virsago Chest Break's Satellite Cannon in X - all of which are built on the foundation of a show with colony buster beam tech. And the Gundam Virtue in 00, and only then in Burst mode. Even the Dynames with it's atmospheric penetrating beam equipment could shoot further, but the beam didn't show off the same kind of strength at all, and was precise and focused instead of destructive along the entire length of the atmosphere. That's it that I can recall.

>>15011886

Isn't it's most destructive moment destroying a building on a Moonbase? Even when it's used against the Qubeley it's ineffective and does little damage to the colony the Qubeley is knocked in to if I recall.

>>15011888

You don't need to see a beam fired at the same angle to gauge strength. There's certainly more fortified structures it could be used to gauge, but angles aren't going to tell you squat.
>>
File: authentic gundam chart.jpg (3MB, 2800x3402px) Image search: [Google]
authentic gundam chart.jpg
3MB, 2800x3402px
>>15011941
>>15011939
wrong
>>
File: file.png (577KB, 1594x894px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
577KB, 1594x894px
>>15011941
You forgot your pic.
>>
>>15011916
>ZZ has space Aztec ninjas
>0083 has retarded mini-conflict that ends in NTR, and is retconned into taking place before Zeta, one of /m/'s most favored masterpieces
>G has literal emotion-powered robots and floating space islands
>Wing has a 5-man child soldier team piloting literally indestructible Gundams
>SEED is literally a copy-paste of 0079 with more teen angst
>Destiny has Kira-Lacus self-flagellation with one of the absolute worst endings of all time
>AGE rivals Destiny for worst ending ever
>yet somehow IBO is worse than all of the above
Yeah, you're just trying to start shit, but congratulations on the replies.
>>
>>15011948
So the best is near no story and full MS fight in 30 minutes of the show.
>>
>>15011944
>Isn't it's most destructive moment destroying a building on a Moonbase?
It destroyed an asteroid
>>15011960
Yes, IBO really is worse than all of that
>>
>>15011961

Of course.

Don't you hear the complaints of nothing happening because people are talking? All anyone wants is Bayformers and Gundam to have a child.
>>
>>15011960
>with one of the absolute worst endings of all time
Kekkaishi, Tobikage, the original Macross, TV Eva, Skull Man, the first FMA, Linebarrels, Kampfer, and Southern Cross do infinitely stupider.
>>
>>15011966

The only asteroid I can think of it destroying off hand is stuff in its first appearance, and it was all around the size of a mobile suit. It didn't even use the head cannon on them.
>>
>>15011975
Pretty sure he meant in context of just the Gundam franchise
>>
>>15011863
>All these space MAs
Well no shit they didn't tunnel through rock
>Esperansa
Nigger, that's basically a mobile suit and was only in one episode.
>>
>>15011983
Age ended worse, Zeta ended worse, CCA ended worse, Endless Waltz ended worse, Turn A ended worse, 00 season 1 ended worse, SD Gundam Gaiden ended worse, even X ended worse, so this is beyond incorrect. If anything Destiny had one of the better endings
>>
>Napalm burns off Nano-Laminate Armor
>Beams just bounce off

Are beams just not hot in IBO?
>>
>>15012011
they're weak
>>
>>15012016

Their strength wouldn't make a difference to burning off armour, only their heat.
>>
Haven't followed since early on. Episode 7?

What the fuck, there are beams now? God fucking...dammit, what happened to being dedicated to kinetic armaments and actually FUCKING DOING YOUR OWN THING FOR ONCE

Whatever, fuck it.
>>
>>15012038

In fairness, that's, for the moment, solely exclusive to mobile armors, which from what we know of them are nigh-invincible wandering killbots programmed to cause as many human casualties as possible by targeting population centers. Beam weapons hasten that process significantly.
>>
>>15012038
>see screenshot with no context
>complains without looking into said context
People like you are what are ruining /m/.
>>
>>15012038
As shown in the screenshot, beams do fuckall against mobile suits.
>>
>>15011578
So not only did SEED do the Gundam that into Zoid first it also did, completely denies beams as well. Even if Destiny stole it from the Hyaku shiki and just made it do something.

That said I kinda like the way IBO did it better at least from the Screen, didn't just bounce it back.
>>
>>15011948
>Regarded by many as a low point in the Gundam franchise

I've love to actually encounter this 'many'
>>
>>15012071
which one? Turn A, G-Saviour, and Try have this con too
>>
IBO is what happens when you just have good ideas, but don't know how to implement them efficiently.
>>
>>15012085
no that's Valvrave, IBO is ideas that don't work in specific franchises and doing them as haphazardly as possible.
>>
>>15012093
No that's G-Reco, Valvrave is ideas that are so stupid that no one could possibly think they could work.
>>
>>15012093
No, VVV didn't have any good ideas and executeted everything terribly. IBO does have good ideas that don't come to full fruition at times.
>>
>>15012100
>Valvrave is ideas that are so stupid that no one could possibly think they could work.
And they didn't work.
>>
>>15012100
G-Reco succeeded. VVV's ideas could have worked if they didn't throw infinite twist and ecchi shit (and faster pacing).
>>
>>15012093
>>15012100
>>15012101
>>15012103
>>15012106
sup valvrager
>>
>>15011541
>>15011541
Still better than g-reco
>>
>>15012101
>>15012103
>>15012100
>>15012093

>LISTEN TO MY COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC AND UNSOLICITED OPINIONS

>>>/trash/
>>
>>15012106
>trainwrecko
>succeeded

At being a failure, I agree.
>>
>>15012109
except it is not
>>15012115
No, it did well
>>
I miss beam spam, we need to get Fukada back and make a third SEED
>>
>>15012125
I agree, Reco did well at being poorly made substanceless garbage that everyone on board has expressed shame in being involved with, and has successfully killed off Tomino's career once and for all.
>>
File: grekt_quality.jpg (16KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
grekt_quality.jpg
16KB, 480x270px
>>15012125
>Abysmal ratings
>Despite a clearly massive animation budget compared to other shows of the time
Just no... You don't get to use the "but it had a really shit time slot" argument when talking about how well a show actually did. It only works when you shift the goal posts and talk about how well the show did compared to other shows in the same time slot, but not in the general scenario.
>>
Can you imbeciles shut the fuck up and get back on topic, or is that too hard for you?
>>
>>15012135
>>15012147
nice bait, mates, but you're wrong again.
>>
>>15012157
>You're wrong because I sez so!!!1
Sure thing famfam...
>>
>>15012156
What, you really want the shitposter to return to accusing every episode of being filler or how beams are weak because they can't pierce a mobile suit or some other blindingly stupid post for no reason but to be stupid?

It's clear he doesn't care what he does to drown out discussion, results are all that matter.
>>
>>15012161
Yes, Samurai Flamenco is superior to this abomination of animation
>>
>>15012175
>My opinions are actual arguments so I don't need to make any!!1
As to be expected from someone actually defending a show with Ed Wood tier writing...
>>
>>15012206
Ed Wood writes better than IBO
>>
>>15012217
... and Tomino in G-Rekt for that matter.
>>
>>15012221
No, Tomino is a very good writer all things considered and G-Reco is at least better than Turn A.
>>
>>15012228
>G-Rekt writing
>Good
Just no... You have to be completely delusional and/or stupid to ignore the really bad writing in G-Rekt to say something like that. If you're going to complain about writing in IBO, then you just have to concede that G-Rekt wasn't any better on that front.
>>
>>15012274
>IBO fans believe this
>>
>>15012286
>Actually thinks G-rekt had good writing
I know you fanboys are still pissed off that your detailed hand animation orgy turned out not so great due to Tomino's alzheimer's affected writing, but it's time to let go already... It had shit writing and no sane person is going to deny that.
>>
>>15011541
hen, why don't they have and use beam saber and heat weapons? if napalm is supossed to beign able to melt the armor, why not using plasma or heat weapons?
>>
>>15012298
Hi ANN, still spreading lies it seems
>>
>>15012301
You think short range beam weapons are going to work any better on armor that reflects beam weapons? The napalm probably works only because like the real stuff, it sticks to things and won't get reflected.
>>
>>15012305
>Never posted on ANN
>G-Rekt having bad writing is a lie when even the voice actors went on to admit the scripts they had to work off were crap
Sure thing Timmy... Now isn't it about time you went to bed already?
>>
>>15012317
>when even the voice actors went on to admit the scripts they had to work off were crap
source please
>>
>>15011541
IBO is GINO which means Gundam In Name Only.
>>
>>15012309
People seem not to appreciate how fucking scary napalm is.

It's some gnarly shit being doused in flaming jelly that you can't scrub off.
>>
>>15012331
10/10
>>
>>15012323
It was posted pretty widely here on when it came to light, so you should have seen it if you were on /m/ around the time the show had been airing for a while.

I really can't be bothered to put that much effort into looking something like that up for someone so autistic they can't even admit that G-Reco had some serious writing problems.
>>
>>15012331

Well, considering that Gundam has nowhere near the recognition nor the enduring relevance that Godzilla does, I'd say that's a bit misplaced, really.
>>
>>15012344
>It was posted pretty widely here on when it came to light, so you should have seen it if you were on /m/ around the time the show had been airing for a while.
So you can't source it yourself
>>
>>15012360
Well a quick google search gave me something even better:
http://wowjapan.asia/2015/04/anime-yoshiyuki-tomino-finally-admits-gundam-reconguista-g-problems/

The man himself rated the show at 15/100, which goes to show how stupid you have to be to try to defend it when even the creator admits it's shit.
>>
>>15012377
So what's IBO that's only doing slightly better with all the attention and advertisement, and ideal timeslot that G-Reco lacked? Slightly less shit?
>>
>>15012377
>all this bad translating
So a bad source
>>
>>15012377
how is this reliable?
>>
>>15012377
he also said don't watch victory.
>>
>>15012309
napalm working mean that the armor with enought heat can be melted, beam sabers (at least in UC) are plasma inside an i field and heat weapons can block them for a little of time because they have a pretty comparable temperature, so both types of weapons would work because they will melt the armor. Plus heat would work better because solid blade meme.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2013-12-31-06h00m11s58.png (531KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2013-12-31-06h00m11s58.png
531KB, 720x540px
>go out for pizza
>come back to the IBO thread
>someone mentioned G-Reco
>now it's a G-Reco bitchfest instead of an IBO thread.
Must you assholes ruin EVERY thread by pointlessly trying to disprove other people's opinions?
>>
>>15012438
it clearly isn't doing slightly less better when they're pumping out WAAAAY more merchandise than G-Reco. Just count the number # of Gunpla, count the # of random gashapon, charm, girly shit that IBO has released, with MORE coming. It's obviously making money to warrant more iterations of merchandise.
>>
>>15012605
>it clearly isn't doing slightly less better when they're pumping out WAAAAY more merchandise than G-Reco
because G-Reco was airing alongside Try, resources had to split
>>
>>15012619
G-Reco combined with Try still doesn't have the same scale of merchandising
>>
>>15012646
>petitgguy spinoffs everywhere while airing another series
It's like you know nothing about business
>>
>>15011677
>How hard is this to understand?

Thanks to fucking UC, people expect anti-beam coatings to be complete shit at, you know, being anti-beam. So for /m/? Very.
>>
>>15012605
You are fundamentally correct but your interpretation is skewed.
The merchandise is the product, the show is just an advertisement for it. Success or failure for a Gundam show is not about ratings or dvd's sold, it's about selling model kits.

And in that area, IBO has an advantage in that its designs reuse a lot of common parts. Not just the Graze variants, but the concept of the Gundam Frame lowers production costs which means a higher profit margin per kit.
>>15012619
That's bullshit. If the kits were selling well enough, then more kits would have been made. The toys aren't advertisement for the show, the show is advertisement for the toys, and the cost of producing the show dwarfs the cost of producing model kits. Not to mention the income from the model kits dwarfs the income from television broadcasts.
>>
>>15011891
>it's already been established that all gundam happens in a single timeline
Fucking where?
>>
>>15012657
Neither do you. If something is capable of selling, don't try to split a small budget even further, you increase the budget.
>>
>>15012679
>That's bullshit.
Wrong
> If the kits were selling well enough, then more kits would have been made
And they did
>>15012700
Bandai did though
>>
>>15012736
Then don't fucking claim that it was competing with Try for resources.
>>
>>15012752
Except it was, were you drunk?
>>
>>15012736
>And they did
They did make more Reco kits than IBO kits?
Because I don't think they did.

I think you misunderstood my statement. Yes, if they're selling then they'll maintain a supply to meet the demand. But the number of kits in one line compared to the number of kits in the other line is the truest metric of how well a show is doing what Banrise wants it to do: sell plastic. Sure, they didn't discontinue the Reco suits, but they're not expanding the line all over the place either.
>>
Here's a thought:
What if it was a planned split of the beam?
The beam curves around it to hit the target anyways, the actual mobile suit doesn't get pushed back that much from the sustained impact and the Mobile Armor didnt much give a shit that the MS was in the way.

I mean, every single split of the beam curves around the fucking thing and hits the plant. Also keep in mind the targeting system was singling out groups of people that were scattered all over the plant.

At no point did the Mobile Armor try moving the beam. It literally just pointed in the same direction with no plan to "fan" out the beam to wipe off every person it tracked.
>>
>>15012777
On one hand, that sounds far fetched.

On the other, we've been informed enough times across sources about how crazy the pre-war tech was, so toothpaste lasers are in the realm of "that's bullshit, but I believe it."
>>
>>15012679
> but the concept of the Gundam Frame lowers production costs which means a higher profit margin per kit.

Which isn't true for IBO because they have made 3+ different runners labeled "Gundam Frame" in the HG line in Season 1. That was literally 1 different frame for each Gundam.

Barbatos: Frame 1
Gusion Rebake: Frame 3
Kimaris: Frame 2

And when Season 2 started, Barbatos Lupus is using Frame 4. So that idea of lower production costs is fucking bullshit when all the Gundams with Gundam frames have different frame runners.

IBO is making them money with differentiated parts.

What it really means is they were fucking retarded planning this out, and they would have been making EVEN more money if they actually utilized this shared "Gundam Frame" concept in the first place.
>>
>>15011541
the armor only refracted the beam, it didn't absorb a good chunk like other Gundam shows.

If anything, I'd say IBO has the most powerful beams given that it didn't seem to loose any energy after contacting the Shinen
>>
>>15011567
I vaguely recall the ZZ's anti-beam coating being able to scatter beams like that instead of just absorb the damage via ablating away.
>>
What the fuck is going in this thread?
>>
>>15011609
The strongest beam it's been observed deflecting is a positron cannon blast from a space battleship. Which suggests that it can somehow prevent itself from reacting with antimatter. I find that impressive.
>>
>>15012812
>IBO is making them money with differentiated parts.

A billion Grazes just for you.
>>
>>15012840

Contrary to belief I think the Graze isn't actually making them a lot of money in volume. So it's actually a good thing they re-use that frame for all these variants.

still don't understand why none of the Gundam Frames are not the same frame. They should have made it like that from the get go instead of this bull shit Gundam Frame=generic archetype name, but each Frame is actually slightly different.
>>
>>15012591
welcome to /m/.

A /v/ that's actually shit
>>
>>15012888
I've been on /m/ for years, Gundam threads have always had a bit of bickering between which show is better, which MS is stronger, etc, but that one show....if you mention it without praising it, the G-Hadis will shit all over the thread like it's their religious duty.
>>
>>15012871
>still don't understand why none of the Gundam Frames are not the same frame.
Because they're close enough. What's not to understand? The initial design time is the longest period of time. Going through designs until you finally make a good one probably takes them months.

Modifying a few parts and making a new mold? A few weeks at the most.

Even if they don't all use the same frame having them be very very similar is already saving them a ton of money because frames 2-4 are minor variations derived from a proven design.
>>
>>15011596
It was part of the season 1 setting that no one used beam weapons since they had been rendered ineffective. It's not like this comes out of nowhere.
>>
>>15012930
It's been a growing trend all over that feelings and opinions are more factual than fact, and the only metric by which anything is right is whether or not it agrees with your worldview.

Face it, this is the darkest timeline. The age of fatso is upon us.
>>
>>15012930
You must be the guy crying about hugboxes or w/e
>>
>>15011737
>Question I have was who built these things, and were the Plumas always meant as combat weapons? I don't have full confidence that the Hashmal's creator would have the foresight to diversify its armaments, but it did give it a means of self-repair. Could it also self-modify?
>>15011891
>As for who built them, best estimate is that it's the ultimate final weapon of the previous era's big bad, which the Gundams of that generation fought and defeated. It's already been established that all Gundam happens in a single timeline, so the Calamity War's big bads were probably psychotic on the same level as Iron Mask or Rau le Creuset.
I don't even think it was a "Big Bad," one faction just got their research up to Mobile Armor tech way ahead of everyone, wreaked their shit, then got BTFO'ed when MA hard counter of Mobile Suits were created.

>>15012011
>>Napalm burns off Nano-Laminate Armor
>>Beams just bounce off
>Are beams just not hot in IBO?
Well Napalm sticks...
If the beam bounces off, it can't burn through as well, meaning you could either hose a Mobile Suit down with an energy intensive Beam for a few minutes or just stab the fucker with your Whip Sword Tail.

>>15012309
>You think short range beam weapons are going to work any better on armor that reflects beam weapons? The napalm probably works only because like the real stuff, it sticks to things and won't get reflected.
Exactly!

>>15012699
>>it's already been established that all gundam happens in a single timeline
>Fucking where?
It's some Tomino Turn A bullshit...

>>15012812
>Which isn't true for IBO because they have made 3+ different runners labeled "Gundam Frame" in the HG line in Season 1.
...Do you not know how Gunpla work?

The frames alone take two or three runners, out of a total of 6-8 that make up a kit.
Even if you are reusing only one of those runners for all the Gundam Frames, or more likely several sections of each runner, that's still a HUGE cost saver when it comes to molds.
>>
>>15012930
IBO fans really hate G-Reco for dumb reasons
>>
>>15012011
I will remind you, again, that that was one line, from a scared shitless Biscuit, that if Isaribi kept being hit by the Hammerhead's napalm missiles, even the nano-laminate would melt.

That was the one and only time it was mentioned. Mobile suits don't seem to bother with napalm weaponry, only large-scale ships, and it's gotta be some kind of crazy-ass thing to be able to BURN IN THE VACCUUM OF SPACE.
>>
Now that i think about that, in Seed the dagger and ships used laminated armor against beams but it could be destroyed with heat.
>>
File: MUCH EASIER.png (317KB, 525x820px) Image search: [Google]
MUCH EASIER.png
317KB, 525x820px
>>15013009
jealousy of animation probably
>>
>>15013020
Original UC used a similar principle in Ceramic composite armor, too. The idea being that it would disperse heat to some extent to help it survive beams. Because anti-beam coating gets expensive to keep applying and miniature I-fields are a drain on the reactor. SEED also had anti-beam coated shields, which is how they kept blocking beam sabers with their shields.

The hilarious thing to me is, when IBO started, there was (at least) a rumour of a staffer saying that beams weren't being using because the armor had gotten so tough as to make them impractical, that substance weapons could chip away at the armor better than beams could melt it. But when no beams showed up and one of the kit manuals said nano-laminate was mainly durable against impacts (and that durability increased under Ahab Wave radiation, so the more or larger reactors you have the harder you are to hurt), the anti-beam thing was laughed down pretty hard. Yeah, who's laughing now?
>>
>>15013009
Its more a case of shitposters using G-reco as the fire starter
>>
File: ThisTriggersM.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
ThisTriggersM.webm
3MB, 800x450px
If SDGO is still alive. How would IBO ms fare, now that all the units there are resistant to beam weapons.
>>
>>15012699
Turn A Gundam, about 17 years ago.
>>15013018
>some kind of crazy-ass thing to be able to BURN IN THE VACCUUM OF SPACE.
Not really. You just need to have an oxidizer, it doesn't have to be an oxygen-rich atmosphere. Pic related is a blowtorch underwater. Also overheating is actually a big problem in the vacuum of space (RIP, Laika) because there's no atmosphere for heat to dissipate into. The three ways heat dissipates are conduction, convection, and radiation. Conduction is through solid matter (heat spreading through the frame of the ship), convection is heat spreading through contact with gasses (heat from the hull passing into the air inside the ship) and radiation (heat emitted in the form of energy, such as heated objects glowing visibly). Only the third one would actually work to lower the net temperature of a spacecraft, and things don't actually lose much heat in this manner.

However you are correct that the fact that MS and MW don't employ incendiary weapons means it probably isn't very effective.
>>
>>15013056
Ceramic composite dint let them really have a chance at all of surviving direct beam hits, it was more that glancing hits like to the limbs wouldn't fuck over and destroy the whole ms.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (53KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
53KB, 1280x720px
>>15013075
oops, forgot mah pic
>>
>>15013018
>and it's gotta be some kind of crazy-ass thing to be able to BURN IN THE VACCUUM OF SPACE.

Not really. We can do that fairly easily even with modern technology.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxidizing_agent
>>
>>15013079
>>15013056
That's not what ceramics are for, where are you getting this information? Ceramic armor was used in the Gundam Mark II, Kampfer, and a few other MS mainly to reduce weight. Anti-beam coating is the one that disperses heat energy from beams by ablating.

http://web.archive.org/web/20110629141829/http://www.gundamofficial.com/worlds/uc/background/glossary_technology.html

>armor
>Armor plating is used to protect the vital areas of a mobile suit or mobile weapon, such as its cockpit, engines, and joints. Early mobile suits like the MS-05 Zaku I and MS-06 Zaku II are armored with super-hard steel alloy, but later models use hybrid armor made up of layers of titanium alloy and ceramic material, which offers better impact resistance and lighter weight.

>anti-beam coating
>While armor materials like Luna Titanium and Gundarium alloy are highly effective against projectiles, they offer virtually no defense against beam weapons. However, some protection can be provided by anti-beam coating, an ablative material which partially absorbs the kinetic energy of mega particle beams. This coating evaporates due to the extreme heat, so it can only be used a few times before losing its effectiveness. During the One Year War, this coating is used on the shields of the MS-14 Gelgoog and RX-78NT-1 Gundam, and after the war it becomes a standard feature on mobile suit shields.
>>
>>15013099
The Hayaku Shinjis gold coating was anti beam im pretty sure
>>
>>15012979
Wanting one fandom to stop shitting up every thread for every other series in the franchise is a far cry from wanting a hugbox, anon.
>>
>>15013106
This. It's not "wah stop bashing IBO" it's "make your own damn thread to bash G-Reco, this thread is for bashing IBO". Just get the fuck back on topic already, we're sick to shit of hearing about asspains over G-Reco.
>>
>>15013116
that and G-Reco is better
>>
These hate Gundam threads made by gundamrager and supported by mods and janitors are so retards
>>
>>15013104
It's sort of been retconned.

Originally, the Hyaku Shiki is just gold because it's flashy. It was never shown tanking any beam shots, and Haman's funnels were able to take out parts of it fairly easily. Databooks later claimed that the gold color was due to the fact that it had brand new anti-beam coating that was recently developed. Apparently the coating used in the OYW was merely beam-resistant coating, which is an inferior version.
>>
>>15013116
No, you completely misunderstand.
It's not the people who bash *that show* that are the problem, it's the defense force that comes out every time that show is mentioned by name.
And this thread is for discussing IBO, not just bashing it. While I like the show, I'm okay with people disliking the show. But *some people* cannot handle anyone disliking their show and those people derail any thread that they are summoned to by its unholy name which I dare not speak.
>>
>>15013150
Also the Gundam Evolve short with the Red Zeta mentions the anti-beam properties. Somebody is all pissy that they made his Zeta yellow instead of grey or whatever and the technician says "but our research shows that this color is better for beam reflection".
>>
Wait so am I the only one that thought the beam split and Ride was just collateral?
Mind you there's no good reason to believe it other than the short lock on scene moments before but frankly Ride's shiden got so fucked that I can't believe it to have been anything else but a beam split that left him alive.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-12-11-18h42m17s553.png (962KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-12-11-18h42m17s553.png
962KB, 1280x738px
>>15013212
I really don't see how you could come to that conclusion.
It's clearly bouncing off the Shiden's chest. If it just forked around him, then maybe. But it clearly hits him before it splits.
>>
>>15013212
yeah the beam was split by the shinden so instead of one tight focused beam hitting the farm it became a bunch of smaller distinct ones over a wider area

Mobile suits were created as hard counters to Mobile armors due to the combination of nano-laminate paint armor re-inforced by Ahab wave particles.
>>
>>15013230
Like in the screenshot you have there the beam doesn't just split, it arcs back toward the farm. I dunno, just the impression I got.

>>15013237
That's a fair and believable explanation, although in that same air Chad is like "nah man he's completely fucked over there, there is absolutely no way he's surviving"
Could the Shiden have inferior nanolaminate to the gandamu?
>>
>>15011677
The point is it has been quite possibly 300+ years since beam weapons were wide spread. I can't see why any company or organisation would bother installing defences against weapons that aren't used anymore. If he'd soaked it on that giant shield it'd be more believable but taking it head on seems a bit much. I'm hoping it was just a low level blast due to the MA assuming it was shooting at a farm not a Mobile Suit
>>
>>15013245
I think its more nobody has seen a beam weapon in 300 years and they don't know how well it will hold against it or even realize that their ms armor can counter it. Hell, they only found out that MA are a thing just a few hours ago.
>>
>>15013249
They still coat ms in beam resistant nanolaminate because it also offers greatly improved protection against ballistics which are still in widespread use.
>>
>>15011891
But why keep coating your MS in anti beam coating when beam weapons have been out of favour for 300 years. Eventually someone's going to turn around and say "Why the hell do we keep paying for this?"
>>
>>15013275
Because it turns out it also makes bullets not as good as they used to be, so why bother investing in paint when you can have paint that confers armor bonuses?
>>
>>15013275
Because >>15013274

It's dual purpose. Reflects beams and offers ballistic protection up to a point. Just because beams fall out of use doesn't mean you don't have to worry about ballistics anymore.
>>
>>15013275
nanolaminate armor is tough as shit
>>
>>15013245
>the beam doesn't just split, it arcs back toward the farm
I'm gonna guess that has something to do with the Ahab Field of the Shiden's reactor.

The beam's path does definitely change direction twice. It bounces off the Shiden but still curves to hit the farm. Maybe that's because of some weird Ahab Wave reaction, or maybe the Hashmal can continue to control the path of the beam after it bounces off of something. Either way, it definitely doesn't look like the beam split was intentional on Hashmal's part, and no way did Ride survive because he just happened to land right where the beam was going to split. That's definitely the NLA reflecting the beam.

Of course if the Hashmal can control the smaller beams after the reflection, then theoretically it probably could split the beam to hit multiple targets but I don't think that's what happened here.
>>
>>15013249
>>15013265
>>15013274
>>15013275
>>15013284
>>15013295

-It's NOT a coating-

The armor material itself is beam resistant. they don't have to apply a special chemical layer to make it beamproof

don't you guys know it's nanolaminate ARMOR and NOT nanolaminate coating?
>>
>>15013314
You, uh...might want to look up the meaning of the word "laminate".
Just....just saiyan.
>>
>>15013311
I could dig a gravity curve, but I think it's not unreasonable to believe that a character survived 100% by luck, they've been shaking a few Ride death flags teasingly.
My thing is the right hand is pretty much slag and there's no sign of the gun, I would think the chest would show a little more wear. That's just my opinion though.
>>
>>15013275
It also offers protection from non beam weapons
>>
>>15013314
It's a coating. nanolaminate ARMOR is armor that has been treated with nanolaminate COATING.

A laminate is a protective coating applied to a material. They also call it a coating several times in the show and model manuals. I'm pretty sure it's mixed into the paint they use, as iirc the ryusei-go manual mentions that they made the pink paint for it by mixing white with some red nanolaminate coating they found in the Brewers supplies they got. It would also explain the Rebake's color scheme being the same as the Hyakuri, as they are using it's mostly made of spare and repurposed parts and they would have the coating in those colors on hand.
>>
>>15013347
The chest is the more important part of the suit so I figure it would be armored better in almost every respect, nanolaminate or otherwise
>>
>>15013342
>You, uh...might want to look up the meaning of the word "laminate".
>>15013376
>A laminate is a protective coating applied to a material.
The fuck it is, you two are probably thinking of floor laminate or laminated cards and assuming that "covering something means laminate".

In materials science and engineering, laminate means "construction in layers by heat, pressure, welding, or adhesives". It is -not- coating on top of conventional material. Fucking plywood is an example of laminate material (layers of wood pressed together by heat, pressure, and glue). Car windshields are of laminate construction (layered glass-plastic-glass fused by heat and pressure).
>>
>>15013430
Yes and quantum computers aren't superpowerful god machines that universally shit on classical computers on all fronts (qubits are a major pain in the ass even for the cool stuff they let you get away with), but when has that stopped anyone from portraying otherwise?
>>
>>15013458
>Yes..., but when has that stopped anyone from portraying otherwise?

Show me a portrayal.
>>
>>15013458
Guys...
It's not "laminate" it's "nanolaminate":
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanolamination
Nanolamination is building up a layer of material in multiple extremely thin sheets.

It *IS* a coating, at least IRL. The thickest coating created thus far was only 1 cm.
>>
>>15013347
>My thing is the right hand is pretty much slag and there's no sign of the gun
Because the Beam cooked off the Gun in that hand, and nobody probably bothers to Nanolaminate a gun.
>>
>>15013513
That's what I thought, too. Hand-held weapons might be thought of as disposable and thus more cheaply made than the mobile suits or their fuckhuge swords and axes.
>>
>>15013471
Hold on, I need to get this egg off my face first.

I swear I've seen it crop up enough times to get peeved off by it, this perception that quantum computing is always better than classical, and so if you want to make a computer come off as superpowerful and high tech you say it's a quantum computer.
>>
>>15013533
VEDA from Gundam 00 was like that.
>>
>>15013068
They'd get the same buff that SEED MS got when Phase Shift Armor was active
>>
File: qr.jpg (150KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
qr.jpg
150KB, 500x374px
>>15011656
>weaker
>thinking of weapons and defenses in terms of power levels
>not realizing each one has different properties and that different combinations interact in different ways

Some directed energy weapons like particle cannons deliver their energy to the target on a subatomic scale. The resultant deep-penetration effects means that armor thickness is largely irrelevant - the subatomic particle fired by the cannon will penetrate deep into the target and deliver their energy into delicate internal components and electronics.

The answer isn't "thickness" or "durability" or "hurr durr da stronkest" but material selection. Directed energy weapons need time to deposit their energy in a localized area in order to damage or destroy a target - erogels are lightweight and flimsy and offer zero protection against kinetic penetrators and explosives, but are very good as dissipating the energy from a laser or particle cannon across a large area, severely reducing the effectiveness.

Composite armor (laminate armor is a type of composite) uses multiple different materials in its construction. Composite armor incorporating aerogels is already on the drawing board for the day the first combat lasers are deployed on the battlefield. The idea is old, both in the real world and in fiction. The Colonial Marines from Aliens wear composite body armor that includes aerogels in its construction.

It can easily be inferred that nanolaminate armor in IBO incorporates materials that are very good at dissipating the energy from something like Hashmal's particle cannon - the Shiden lost its hand and suffered damage to exposed area, but its armor plating was largely left intact. The cockpit suffered a great deal of interference, but ultimately its electronics were protected and Ride survived while the flimsy structures behind him were annihilated.

tl;dr - you're a big dumb idiot who doesn't understand science
>>
>>15014051
>Applying science to an anime about highly impractical human shaped weapons.
>>
>>15013068
so did he get killed?
>>
File: wut3.png (687KB, 720x899px) Image search: [Google]
wut3.png
687KB, 720x899px
this is fan fiction but looks awesome
>>
>>15014178
the paint was still on the chest
>>
>>15014178

Sadly, no...
>>
>>15011948
>>15011948
Keep your trip on snapfaggot, for the love of god. There's a reason everyone has you filtered.
>>
>>15013068
>If SDGO is still alive
It's not, sadly. Neither is its replacement because Bandai hates money.

>How would IBO ms fare, now that all the units there are resistant to beam weapons
They'd probably just get flimsy breakable I-Field shields, like Quin Mantha did despite its nearly Akatsuki-level bullshit in-show.
>>
>>15013068
IBO beams are so weak
>>
>>15014345
Oh boy, this is a meme already isn't it.
>>
I thought it was already explained in supplementary info that beam has no effect against IBO that's why they use ballistic weapons
>>
>>15014355
>massive beam cannon in the multi-megawatt range that can destroy an entire outpost
>doesn't deliver as much energy on target as a cannon shell

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
>>
>>15011606
You are a complete retard and clearly have no idea what you are talking about, it makes logical sense.
>>
>>15013245
>Could the Shiden have inferior nanolaminate to the gandamu?

nah, the real asspull would be a 300 year old junk piece having better protection than a newly built MS using the same materials
>>
>>15014366
Ah yes, Blunt Object or sharp stabby object is always better than super heated energy.

I forgot. Sorry.
>>
>>15014178

the babby MAs decided to take their sweet time crushing him for some reason so he got saved by mika
>>
>>15014350
Wouldn't have to be this way if IBO was consistent.
>>
File: GuaranteedReplies.jpg (95KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
GuaranteedReplies.jpg
95KB, 1280x720px
>>15011541

Is this going to be /m/'s Sacred Blacksmith moment?
>>
>>15011541
If anyone didn't see this coming you are officially too dumb to keep up with the plot of a childrens cartoon
>>
>>15014393
IBO isn't a children's cartoon.
>>
>>15014390
But it was explained in the early episodes of S1 though /m/ is just too retarded.
>>
File: 4444.gif (44KB, 444x444px) Image search: [Google]
4444.gif
44KB, 444x444px
>>15014444
>4444
>>
>>15014444

>an extended toy commercial isn't for children

what did he mean by this?
>>
File: laughing robots.jpg (99KB, 800x812px) Image search: [Google]
laughing robots.jpg
99KB, 800x812px
>>15014444
what a thing to say on /m/
>>
>>15014465
Aren't parents still hounding over that scene in episode 3 about Mikazuki killing the two CGS adults with his signature deadpan expression?
>>
>>15014465
Adults are buying the toys.

>>15014484
Not to my knowledge.
>>
File: 1466102218734.png (836KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1466102218734.png
836KB, 960x720px
>>15014444
>>
>>15014484
Regarding that it was never proven that the show being referred to was IBO. Also they just did it again with radice a few elisodes ago being executed by takagi
>>
>>15014833
Just because some concerned people raised a minor complaint with it doesn't mean they won't do it again

that said the gunshot that killed radice was offscreen so it's far less graphic
>>
>>15011541
Oh come on. That beam was tame. And that MS barely walked out from that. I bet stuff bigger than that could wreck that shit from inside.
>>
File: 00Patrick.png (323KB, 448x473px) Image search: [Google]
00Patrick.png
323KB, 448x473px
>>15011939
>00 and IBO is the best on the recent show.
>00
>best of recent shows

go fuck yourself
>>
>>15014837
>Blows up a farm
>tame
>>
>>15014857
He isn't wrong though
>>
>>15013230
The MSs seem extremely resistant.

Though the power of the beam was enough to destroy the arm.

Still the beam-split is the only thing that bothers me.
>>
>>15011541
Why does he lower his shield and take it in the cockpit?
>>
>>15014905
He never had the shield up in the first place. He was hit by the beam as soon as he landed.
>>
>>15014183
You know?

I wouldn't be surprised if after defeating the darn thing they'll go full Monster Hunter on its scrapped remains and build a MS out of its parts.
>>
File: 1479256000928.jpg (564KB, 748x731px) Image search: [Google]
1479256000928.jpg
564KB, 748x731px
>>15014444
>>
>>15014885
Not that anon, but it is agreed that the 1st Season of 00 was good.

Then after that it was worse and worse.
>>
>Few weeks ago everyone was saying how nano laminate has an inherent design flaw that makes it weak to thermal weapons and would get BTFO by beams
>Giant beam weapon gets BTFO by nano-lam
>"w-well of course, it was designed to counter beam weapons"
These detractors are as inconsistant as the show

>>15014345
>Metal Gear Ray cleaves a mile of solid rock in a matter of seconds with its face laser in teh previous episode
>The Shiden only survived because it was a weak beam
kay
>>
File: 1480558568863.jpg (259KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1480558568863.jpg
259KB, 800x600px
>>1501444
>>
>>15012812
Cleary you have not bought or assembled a single IBO HG kit, because all of the suits have almost complete inner frames that are shared across a line of suits. All of the Gundams share almost identicle inner frame parts, as do the Grazes and even the Grimgerde shares parts of its frame with the Graze kits
>>
File: IMG_1709.jpg (272KB, 1024x963px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1709.jpg
272KB, 1024x963px
>>15014390
No, /m/ just has a vocal minority that will hate on any new Gundam because reasons, while denying anything good about it. It's hip to be contrary, even here.

G-Reco, SEED, G, UC - you can actually like all of them while admitting their flaws. Every show has high points and low points. Gundam as a whole is generally likeable, but it has so many deviations that it becomes easy for people to divide themselves along lines and argue with each other.

There's nothing wrong with discussing or highlighting a show's shortfalls to make a point, of course, but saying "This show is objectively bad" is just cause for trouble, because opinions=\=facts.
>>
>>15014178
his suit was pretty heavily damaged from the hit, but it was still in fighting condition. A second beam would have probably done him in, or the little cockroach things, if Mikazuki hadn't saved him
>>
Y'know. This whole MA plot point would actually be super cool if I cared about any of the characters or places involved. I think the problem I have with the show right now is that it doesn't have any stakes, because I need to care for it to have stakes. In the episode, Tekkadan and crew were all scared and such of the MA going to the city.
If they had actually established the Mars community as a place that not only the characters cared about, but a place that the viewer cares about then it would've had stakes. I know they tried drawing us in by making Mars the place where Mikazuki would settle after they were done fighting, and it would've worked if anyone gave a shit about him.

The only characters i really like right now is Darth "not galigali" Vidar, Iok the Fuckup and Julietta. Maybe Chocolateman if I stretch it. In season 1 i found Ein to be the most fun character, because he actually had an arc and things he cared a lot about.
>>
>>15015095

I'm in agreement. For some reason IBO keeps putting its spotlight on the villains while neglecting/being lazy with the protags.

I could literally not care less about what happens to Tekkadan, but I sort of want to know what will happen with the Vidar/McGillis feud.
>>
File: birb.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
birb.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Mr. Mobile Armor has instantly become my favorite character, as well as the true hero of IBO.

Also, his leech friends are fucking scary. That cockpit shot of them trying to eat Ride was genuinely unsettling.
>>
>>15015110
>it only took that thing 2 seconds to get behind Ioks regenlaze
spoopy
>>
>>15015028

By pretty heavily damaged you mean it was missing a hand I take it? Which was quite obviously caused by his gun exploding and not the beam. There's no damage on the rest of the suit, beyond some smoke rising off it's body. A second beam wouldn't have done squat to him. The Pluma were definitely about to get him before Mika arrived though yea.
>>
>>15015110
>>15015113
My desire to get the kit skyrocketed due to this episode.

You go kill those pesky humans MA.
>>
>>15013009
I just think G-Reco needed an extra 24 episodes.
26 obviously was too few for what Tomino really wanted to achieve.
>>
>>15014896
>Still the beam-split is the only thing that bothers me.
Well I think that's why it didn't burn the Nanolaminate like Napalm, it REFLECTS the beam instead of absorbing it.
So while an MS can survive the shot, it still fucks up everything ELSE.

>>15015120
>A second beam wouldn't have done squat to him. The Pluma were definitely about to get him before Mika arrived though yea.
But that's probably why the Pluma and the MA's own melee weapons exist; Beams might not do squat to MS, but it can still tear their shit up WITH IT'S BARE CLAWS!!!
>>
>>15015130
I think an extra 12 would have sufficed
>>
>>15016414
>still fucks up everything ELSE

Alas poor farmers. It was all too fast.
>>
>>15011541
This killed the tension of the scene and pretty much ruined its introduction scene.

Mika is just going to stomp this guy.
>>
>>15015108

I felt the exact same way coming towards the end of IBO S1. I cared way more and rooted for Gali-Gali and his feud against Chocolate Man more than the Mars Macho Young Boys.

S2 is kind of shaping up to be that, with Darth Vidar being my favorite character thus far.
>>
Machine MAs programmed to kill humans means IBO is going MD Geist.
>>
Is that 1/144 kit really to scale? I thought the Hasmal could house countless Plumas and even reproduce them, or is it just one at a time?
>>
>>15017687
Maybe produce one at a time. Then that one can help make more pluma along with the hasmal.
>>
File: Mudie.jpg (59KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
Mudie.jpg
59KB, 500x283px
>>15015110

The shit with Mudie's death in Stargazer was far more memorable. (if not for the fact that it succeeded and was far more brutal)
>>
>>15014377
>bitching about consistency
>for a scenario that has literally only happened once onscreen
>>
>>15011656
I know this may be fiction
But
Literally always

Beams are weak as piss if they don't hit shit right. This thing isn't firing megaparticles. We don't even know how it works aside from "it's not minovsky" and it's not a visible wavelength laser. If it truly only works through thermal ablation, nanolaminate would be the hardest of possible hard counters to beam weapons possible.
Thread posts: 274
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.