[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hashmal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

File: FotorCreated 1.jpg (286KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
FotorCreated 1.jpg
286KB, 1366x768px
Hashmals design and the rival unit on the picture look alike. Same Feet and shoulders/wings
>>
Glad someone else noticed this too.
>>
>>14998530

Not really. They both have long pointy shoulders and rounded triangular feet, even though they're really claws in Hasmal's case, but they're still clear differences in design in both parts of both units. You might as well say they both have identical shoulders to the Qubeley.
>>
The rival kind of reminds me of the units from Hathaway's Fart.
>>
Hashmal is love, Hashmal is life...

https://streamable.com/c2k8
>>
>>14998530
We've already seen a picture of Hashmals tail "Jacked" into one of those Little Black Drone Drills already

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hashmal, or a similar Mobile Armour, jack into another mobile armour to create a super mobile armour mobile suit
>>
>>14998709
>that scream it makes
I love that shit, makes me wonder how monstrous the other MAs were.
>>
>>14998530
>DESIGN COMPETITION
What's your point, here? One is an official design from the show, the other is a fanart.
>>
>>14998735
Design competition is where multiple designers submit their designs to be selected so they can be hired as the chief mechanical designer.

See:
Zeta sketches
ZZ sketches
>>
>>14998724
Sameeeee
That screeching scream was music to my ears
>>
>>14998724
Nevermind just the Big Boss Mobile Armours, those little things fuck shit up. I wonder what other little bits are lying around the Solar System.

Could anyone explain to me exactly how the Seven Stars ranking system works again? If you kill a mobile armour do you become one OF Seven Stars? Or do they add a star?
>>
>>14998783
Not entirely sure how it works. It is said that each 7 stars family had 1 gundam yet there were 72 gundams made. Also the creator of Gjallarhorn Agnika Kaieru piloted a Gundam and probably defeated MAs yet he is not listed as one of the 7 stars so. . . not sure.

They did state however that the more MA kills a family got the higher in rank they grew.
>>
>>14998806
>Agnika Kaieru not a Seven Star
Maybe he had no family to pass on his name? Maybe someone in the Seven Stars is his kin, i mean hes probably dead (or a robot) its been 300 years
>Each Family has a Gundam
I have no idea what the qualifiers to get a gundam were. assuming the Ars Goetia Gundams were created in perfect sequence as the Ars Goetia is written someone would have gotten Barbados number 8, Gusion number 45, before Kimaris number 66.
>>
>>14998847
Agnika could very well be alive. They did say humans could live upwards of 200 years with modern medicine. Hmmm idk if they would to that tho.
>>
Isn't McGillis a descendant of Agnika Kaieru? I just assumed that was the poor family he was separated from and that his revenge plot against Gjallarhorn is partly motivated by why his ancestor was screwed out of position. It's mostly because it seems fitting for a Char though admittedly.
>>
>>14998880
He might actually be from the Montag Company's founding family, but considering all the weird societal shit in IBO, he could be both or neither.
>>
>>14998890

Wasn't Montag a company he bought to help enact revenge plans in secret? Has there even been any more mentioned about them than that they're a company he owns? I haven't watched any of season two yet, I'm just vaguely aware of what's happening due to time on /m/.
>>
>>14998880
That would be interesting. Maybe Agnika Kaieru is Bael, hes just sitting in the fish tank locked up by the Seven Stars.
>>
>>14998896
The relationship is super vague. All we know is that they're willing to let him use their name and money in whatever way he wants.
>>
>>14998735
In Japanese "competition" (コンペ) is where various staff members make proposals and they choose the best one, like in 企画コンペ or in this case デザインコンペ.

Do your research before proudly displaying your blatant ignorance, moron.
>>
>>14998806
Either Agnika died before the Seven Stars were established or something else happened.

>>14998877
They might.Usually if one character claims they are carrying out the ideals of a character everyone thinks is dead, the dead character is actually alive and the mastermind.Alternatively, the dead guy who was actually alive is pissed off that their ideals are being perverted by a madman.

>>14998880
McGillis is not descended from him.Chocolate Man claims he read a book about Agnika's philosophy and adopted his ideals.We just are not sure if Chocolate Man is really following Agnika's beliefs or if he's twisted them to suit his own purposes.
>>
>>14998946
I just assumed McGuillis wanted a world ending robots since he was little
>>
Mcgillis being related to agnika actually makes sense. Kind of
>>
>>14998709
>https://streamable.com/c2k8

that beam...could it reach into orbit and dick a battleship?
>>
I was never interested in MA model kits like the Dendrobium, GN Arms, or Neo Zeong, but I'm tempted to get this one even if it jobs.
>>
Washio tried to remake Arche, and now Hasmal is a Gadelaza rehash.
>>
>>14999289

Well, Hashmal is more like an Arche rehash in mobile armor form. lol

>>14998904

Surprise plot twist: Mika is actually Agnika's ancestor, hence the high compatibility with AV system.
>>
>>14999388
>Mika is actually Agnika's ancestor
Descendant
>>
>>14999214

What I find most interesting about it in s that it appears to be using a continuous fire model of beam weapon, because the beam is still firing as it's getting up and must be shooting off for at least 10 seconds even if there's some editing of several simultaneous things happening. It's unusual to see a model of beam that can just fire continuously and sweep around like that.

That aside that's a really well directed scene with a lot of impact. I gave up on IBO and haven't watched any of season two because season one was so boring after the first few episodes, but that scene is making me consider watching it again. Still, one good scene isn't enough so I'll wait and see what people are saying about following episodes, whether the Hashmal has any staying power etc. I can just binge it if nothing else.
>>
>>
>>14998724
>>14998763

the scream and the beam sound effect. for a second there I was scaroused, but then I realized they probably are going to fuck up this whole mobile armor thing, no matter how thretning it is and how interesting its backstory ties to gundam frames' and gjallarhorn's origin.
>>
>>15000825
I like IBO more than most people and I had the same reaction - first I was hyped, then I remembered how Graze Ein went and now I'm worried that this is where S2 slides back into the problems of S1.

Or maybe it'll redeem itself, but I've learned not to expect anything from anything ever.
>>
>>15000825
>>15000952
Then, ideally, in your minds, how should the following events play out?
>>
File: Bael.jpg (143KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Bael.jpg
143KB, 1200x1200px
>>14998530

Could it be possible that something quite like the machine on the right might actually be a Mobile Suit in this series at some point? (the non-conventional visual direction also implying it is angelic in name also much like the Hashmal?)
>>
>>15001111
I think there's any number of ways it could play out. Really I think it's more productive to say it *shouldn't* play out, which would be:

>don't have Hashmal job (what many people fear will happen)
>don't have it pretend not to job and then have it accomplish nothing (what Graze Ein did)

Graze Ein threatened/defeated three named characters, all of whom were hit in the cockpit. Then it manhandled Mika, requiring him to deepen his ambiguous connection with Barbatos, costing him an arm and an eye in the process.

Mika made a sacrifice and the victory was hard-won - but then all the named character defeated by Graze Ein survived without even a scratch. The danger it posed was overblown and it ended up with a grand total of zero kills to its name. It would have made sense for at least one character to die - and the dramatic tension of waiting to see who didn't make it out alive would have been great. Instead, everybody lived, and most of us felt some kind of dissatisfaction with that.

Hashmal stands to threaten most of the main cast. I expect that - given we've seen it plugged into Barbatos - either it'll be killed and salvaged, or Mika will somehow "tame" it, which will probably have something to do with the bond he's developed with Barbatos since the Ein fight. I don't think it needs to kill a named character (though I wouldn't mind it killing Iok, now that his stupidity has made him a danger - I genuinely think it would be a good way to conclude the character), but it needs to COMPLICATE the story in some way. It has to be a point of departure from the current chain of events.

Ein lacked that. This might retroactively change in S2 as Mika's relationship with Barbatos is expanded (Ein was the impetus for this), but as it stands we've spent all this time thinking that Ein had essentially accomplished nothing - it could have been completely absent from the narrative and we would have wound up in almost the same exact place. Hashmal can't do that.
>>
>>15001260
>given we've seen it plugged into Barbatos
I don't think that's a given. What was seen was a photoshopped mockup.
>>
>>15001294
Shiiiiiiiiit
>>
>>15001294

No, a while back there was release info for both Barbatos and the Hashmal together.

It's the reason why they were badly photoshopped together in the first place.
>>
File: Capture+_2016-12-07-18-20-34.png (687KB, 720x899px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2016-12-07-18-20-34.png
687KB, 720x899px
Oh hey
>>
>>15001696
>Hashbatos
>Barbamal
>>
>>15001696
This doesnt look like gundam anymore.
>>
>>15001702

There's nothing of Barbatos in there. There's nothing of IBO suits in general in there really. It just looks like fanart of a mobile suit based on Hashmal.
>>
>>14998530
>hashmal is just a damaged version of the true MA
>>
>>15001696
Tekkaman?
>>
>>15001753
>>15001815
The feet kinda remind me of Graze Ein.

Kinda.
>>
>>15001696
I know it's a fanart but this one uses valkyria frame than gundam frame.
>>
>>14998806
Given how crazy powerful the MAs are assumed to be and the fact that the Seven Stars presumably formed after the war was over, I wouldn't be shocked if the original 'Seven Stars' were the only surviving pilots to have killed MAs. Given how we keep being told subtly about the AV system merging pilots with their Gundams I kinda think Agnika has merged with Bael and was assumed dead. Two-thirds of the Gundams created were destroyed fighting the MAs, so it stands to reason that only a small handful of pilots actually succeeded in killing a Mobile Armour and fewer still survived the war. The Issue family's scion got the highest kill count of the Seven Stars, but that could still be as little as three if killing one more would put McGillis (and by extension House Fareed) on top.
>>
>>15001260
>Graze Ein threatened/defeated three named characters, all of whom were hit in the cockpit.
>but then all the named character defeated by Graze Ein survived without even a scratch.
I actually didn't mind this because A) Ein was a super shit character whose only saving grace was his memetic child murder boner and B) it was nice to see female pilots NOT get curbstomped, especially since at that point, there were only 4 in the entire series, and one had really died.

I wouldn't have minded Shino biting it, but as it was, I didn't mind them walking back all the deaths because they were so narratively unsatisfying.
>>
>>15002005
It's always possible that there were more than 7 Gundam pilots who beat a MA and survived, but were cast out of/abstained from joining Gollyhorn's new world order (possibly the Astaroth guys or whoever sealed Flauros and Hashmal?) or were straight up murdered for being politically inconvenient.
>>
>>15001696
holy shit its teknoman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5GpjHVq8aE
>>
>>15003027
I laugh at how ridiculously cheesy american opening for this series was given it's serious atmosphere and heavy violence, yet I bow in respect of this amazing, terrific and perfect masterpiece of a theme song.
>>
>>15003033

> serious atmosphere and heavy violence

Maybe later in the show, but the start of Tekkaman is cheesy as hell. They literally name the main character Dangerous Boy, and his love interest goes in to coma after falling down while walking around. There's even an army dude who wants to use D-Boy while being comically evil early in the show.
>>
>>15003108
Pretty much what happens when Tatsunoko tries to do dark(er) reboots. They're at their best when having an underlying sense of honest cheesiness in their shows, but without going full grimdark.
>>
>>14999193
So literally char being deikun zeon's son?
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.