[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

halp>?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: trter.png (254KB, 800x513px) Image search: [Google]
trter.png
254KB, 800x513px
gahhh i know this isn't the right thread but im in need of some help in having something translated from english to japanese characters at its most accurate, and if its possible at all really.

basically, I have a 3 knob guitar fuzz pedal and I would like to designated a word to each knob/control. In this instance, KILL(volume)-THEM(tone)-ALL(fuzz). I am to sell some in japan and would like to use japanese characters for the controls over english. I relied on google translate to translate the whole phrase as a whole and this was what was given:

皆殺しにする

I then had each one translated seperately as such:

kill-殺します
them-それら
all-すべて

are each of these linguistically accurate or is one moreso than the other, or either at all? If, not, can someone tell me what would be the most appropriate use of what characters to designated and split each word to each knob. I know sometimes googletranslate can be a crapshoot and figured id ask here some i lurk from occasion. any help would be really appreciated.
>>
>>14996813
I forget, but if Tomino's nickname of kill em all is a thing in moon I would research the moonrunes for it.
>>
You should at least have some knowledge of how Japanese actually works and not use Google Translate of all things before trying to use it for anything because they're all the wrong words in the wrong order.

If you want one character on each pedal, 皆殺し would work well.
>>
Thank you so much you guys, you both have been big helps
>>
>>14996813
The problem you're having is that the words won't be in that same order in japanese, and the expression you get for "kill them all" is not a direct translation.
"Kill all of them" gives you a more direct translation (Subete o korosu) which is actually "them all kill" because sentence structure in japanese is different.
>>
I checked, the moonrunes is 皆殺しの富野
It very roughly parses as
>皆殺し
Kill Em All
>の
's
>富野
Tomino

so if we're going in the vein of Tomino's nickname

皆 殺 し
>>
File: 1479592497336.gif (870KB, 360x272px) Image search: [Google]
1479592497336.gif
870KB, 360x272px
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.