[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam 00

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: 123214124.jpg (39KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
123214124.jpg
39KB, 400x400px
Alright /m/, how would you feel if Sunrise decides for 00's 10th anniversary decides to pick between one of the following scenarios and which regarding them, which would you prefer more to see:

- OVA series focusing on the Innovator Wars and its affect on humanity going into space post-00's Awakening of the Trailblazers movie

- OVA series focusing on prequel events regarding the Solar Wars and a younger Ali-Al Saachez's involvement during the initial stages of the construction of the Orbital Elevators

- OVA or Film series focusing on Aeolia and Eternal Ray's lives and the lead up to the creation of Celestial Being
>>
The innovator conflict (not war) was very short according to the writings.
The solar power wars would be a legit subject, since you have plenty of shifting in between alliances for the Union, AEU, and HRL. Celestial being was said to keep their involvement completely minimal, so you'd end up with a nice world War mech series rather than a Gundam show.
Aeolia's building of Celestial being would work much better as a novel with illustrations of the gn drives and such.
>>
>>14996254
Well the Solar Wars did last like 20+ years or something so it would be nice to see it finally fleshed out.
>>
>>14996239
Number 2 since there's so much we don't know about the Solar Wars, and possibly weaving in the circumstances of each of the meisters' recruitment into CB (I'm not counting mangas/side stories).

As for sequels ideally I want to see a series/OVA (with a new cast, but cameos from the old) less focused on wars and more on deep space exploration. The ending of the movie already sets up that particular scenario going foward so why waste it?
>>
>>14996267
Meister recruitment is explained in the side Mangas.
Also deep space exploration could lead to some more brief conflicts with another alien species, etc. There's a good amount of plots that can be used but it can always stray from being a Gundam series.
>>
>>14996258
The AEU had retired that mobile army given to Ali in season one, so it would've been a legit trump card against the HRL, which it was mainly fighting. Then there's the whole battle where Kujo and Kati fuck up big time and the Union and AEU end up butchering each other.
>>
>>14996239
Just animate one of the manga stories
>>
Solar Wars Gaiden: Rise of Russia's White Bear
>>
>>14996239
I just want a chance to buy the series on bluray at not-rape prices.
>>
I know exactly what I want to see
>>
>>14997030
who
>>
>>14996239
Could I get that stupid movie RetCond and exchanged for something good plx?

I know some people might feel that way about the second season but...

...The Second Season wasnt as good as the first... The Movie is just bad .. I wish i never watched it
>>
never gonna happen
>>
Someday I still want a proper 00 sequel set in 2370 or something along those lines, with the crew of a deep space exploration ship like the Sumeragi, consisting of innovators and ELS hybrids. I'd love to see a mix of Star Trek: The Next Generation and Turn-A, where there's a few episodes of ship board life and conflict before they come across an alien species, but because both crews are in space ships and in reality quite a ways from each other the telepathic abilities of the innovators aren't able to prevent a misunderstanding that leads to conflict - maybe something like in B5, where one ship approaches the other using what they think of as a sign of peace/respect (gunports open but not used in B5's case) but the other misreads it as hostility. They try to settle things via peace talks but the conflict keeps escalating and they have to re-purpose some of their peaceful worker suits in to mobile suits to defend themselves, stepping up after a few episodes in to preventative attacks to help defend themselves before they're at all out war before they can eventually settle things peacefully and a combined force has to settle things with the hold outs on both sides or something.

It's difficult to do though, not just because any sequel inevitably has to tackle the interstellar capabilities of post 00 Earth, but because the crew of a deep space exploration ship has to be made up of innovators and ELS hybrids according to the movie epilogue, which means the entire crew are psychic superhumans with better strength/reflexes etc. who live twice as long as humans at the very least. And the ELS part isn't mentioned, but would presumably make them more so again.

Still, 00 is one of my favorite Gundams and I'd love to see a proper space opera Gundam with aliens and high tech and so on someday.
>>
>>14996239
I would pick the option to let 00 die in peace.

It had a good run, but it can only go downhill from there.
>>
>>14996239
Interested to see the first choice but what I really want is to see Setsuna and Quanta going around space as a peace ambassador and seeing Quanta in action.
>>
>>14996992
>I just want a chance to buy the series on bluray at not-rape prices.

I want it too. Not interested in the old stuff, just give me 0083, ms 8th team and 00 in glorious high definition.
>>
>>14997118

Amia Lee, the high school girl who gets half her body ELS'd in the movie when she tries opening her front door.

She's shown to have become an innovator and part ELS in the prologue, similar to Setsuna but only half her body is affected. She's joined the crew of the Sumeragi for their voyage.
>>
>>14996239
Solar Wars would be the best. Realdos and Hellions and Anfs oh my.
>>
00 is fucking overrated, I tried watching watching it and I keep dropping it because it's more boring than IBO and the dialogue is more cringeworthy than Wing or SEED Destiny
On top of that, Exia and Raiser look like fucking SHIT

The only reason any self-respecting /m/an would watch this show and like it is because of Graham Aker who is Best Boy and Best Char
>>
File: 345436776809.png (9KB, 141x100px) Image search: [Google]
345436776809.png
9KB, 141x100px
>>14998065
>>
>>14998267
Ur blak
>>
>>14998065
I can tell you're a faggot cus you refer to graham as a Char.
Also, Shoo Shoo Tomino Troll
>>
>>14996239
OVA series about space whales wiping out the ELS and the ensuing destruction of the South American orbital elevator as described in the Adeskan legends.
>>
File: ELS.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ELS.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>14996239
The third option.

Gundam 00, in retrospect, looking back at the entirety of the series + movie, was a pretty cool sci-fi show about the future of human development, technology, and transhumanism. The plot thread involving Aeolia's master scheme was the most interesting part of the story, especially regarding those themes, and seeing how events unfold along the lines of his predictions and plans as the stakes were raised and things got more intense (topping off with a fucking alien invasion) was what I loved the most about it. Seeing how all the dots and lines connect in the end, and Celestial Being realizing its true function, which was unknown even to the main cast for the most part, was a pretty good end to the series IMO.

It's a shame that characterization and dialogue were so fucked up at times. There was so much unnecessary schlock and drama that focused on what were mostly inconsequential characters and events.
>>
>>14998463
>space whales can't even navigate asteroids
>"wipe out the ELS"
>>
>>14997155
those worker suits incorporate ELS into their structure, so I'm sure they can turn from "Peaceful" to "Hostile" in a snap.

00 Star Trek would be really cool though.
>>
>>14996239
This is what I want.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm5804408
A Flag Fighter animu. Ideally a series of vingettes where they each achieved whatever earned them a spot on that team.
>>
Maybe a short video just showing what happened to all the characters after the ELS war unlike the movie which only showed what happened with Setsuna and Marina. It doesn't even need to be that long, just 5-10 minutes of vignettes with music playing in the background.
>>
>>14998500
That's the only spacewhale to ever be confirmed dead, though, and he was probably just stupid.
Also...
>implying the ELS stand a chance against the spacewhales secret weapon: THE MARS RAY
>>
>>14998587
But they raped Jupiter. What does Mars have on Jupiter? NOTHING.
>>
>>14999038
that's just what Mars wants you to think
how many probes have "accidents" around Jupiter?
>>
>>14999039
>not even the biggest planet in the solar system
>beating Jupiter
Martians pls
>>
>>14998456
Fuck off fagg00t, I'm not a tomino fag. Greco isnt even particularly good IMO but at least it's not obnoxious like 00.
Graham wears a mask doesn't he, doesnt that make him somewhat of a Char? Idk he's just the one character that kept me coming back to watch despite how much i hate Setsuna, the autistic glasses guy and p much all the other "Gundam ~MEISTERS~" in the show (and lets not even get into that useless civvy fuckwit who just jerks off and says hi to Setsuna a lot).

AND THEY KILLED GRAHAM OFF IN THE MOVIE. So there's like, no reason to even revisit the series.
>>
>>14999070
Retard.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.