[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> Evengelion is the aborted result of a depressed individual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

File: 1199315461845.png (371KB, 608x448px) Image search: [Google]
1199315461845.png
371KB, 608x448px
>
Evengelion is the aborted result of a depressed individual yearning for love and success. It is a completely masturbatory splash of low budget animation hyper-focused for otaku merchandising. Self-referential to the point of parody, this anime is chock full of near plagiarist homages in a hodge podge of diluted and undirected plots which ultimately collide into an unimpressive and ambiguously empty finale. The ensuing End of Evangelion movie only furthers these repulsive traits, a Frankenstein patchwork of references and lifted imagery that eventually ends like a certain manga that deeply impacted the director's youth. A fitting conclusion to a self-indulgent series made by a man who just can't grow up. Its passive-aggressive jeers and jerks at its own audience only further solidifies the repulsive nature of Evangelion.

Is he right?
>>
File: 147980270025.jpg (2MB, 2816x2176px) Image search: [Google]
147980270025.jpg
2MB, 2816x2176px
>>14995178
>>
File: 147832770466.jpg (3MB, 3767x2218px) Image search: [Google]
147832770466.jpg
3MB, 3767x2218px
generic harem shit
>>
>>14995178
Yes
>>
>>14995182
>literal lightsabers in Ideon
Shit, man, I've been putting off on downloading that show for the longest time, I should really get off my ass and just watch it.
>>
>>14995178
Yes, entirely right.
But we're still gonna pretend that he's not, because arguing is fun.

It's like asukafags vs reifags

Nobody who has watched more than five shows seriously believes that Eva characters are likable. But they still think it's fun to engage in waifu wars so they pretend to like rei or asuka (or other evangelion characters) just so they can insult each other.
>>
>>14995178
EoE was better than that description and that's pretty harsh on the overall franchise, but those are some good points. I personally think it's just ok, so this kind of thing doesn't really bug me.
>>
>>14995184
Look at all that stupid shit, Trinity Seven had a great ost though, never bothered to watch the actual show.
>>
>>14995193
Misato is still best though
>>
> Action at the forefront = people complain and say it's mindless
> Exploration of characters and emphasis on smaller moments = people complain and say it's pretentious
> Combination of both = people complain and say it's unfocused
> Drawing influence from preexisting works is a bad thing

Will we ever be satisfied?
>>
>>14995184
>Hagure Yusha
The only alpha MC in this pic
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (96KB, 700x702px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
96KB, 700x702px
>>14995193
>It's like asukafags vs reifags
Such churlish behaviour.

Especially in the face of who the true queen of the harem is.
>>
Why is Gunbuster completely forgotten but Evangelion is held up as a masterpiece?

that makes no sense
>>
>>14995233
Because Gunbuster is shit
>>
>>14995234
No, shut up.
>>
>>14995233
This is a great example of why Eva is popular and highly praised: marketing. Another example of this is any anime that is yet to be released but already has huge followings.
>>
>>14995192
I to hate originality in my korean picture shows
>>
>>14995178
The characters ruin the show for me.
>>
>>14995178
Let's see

>Shinji is a generic-self-insert-beta-harem-MC that is always suffering physical and psychological abuses without any reason of a violent generic tsundere heroine called Asuka
Check

>Asuka is a generic violent tsundere heroine that is always physically and psychologically abusing without any reason of a generic-self-insert-beta-harem-MC called Shinji.
Check

>Rei is a generic kuudere heroine without emotions
Check

Conclussion: This generic shit garbage called Evangelion is extremely overrated, even if it's a generic harem shit with a generic-self-insert-beta-harem-MC that is always suffering physical and psychological abuses without any reason of a violent generic tsundere heroine, and two generic sterotyped harem heroines, Asuka a generic violent tsundere heroine that is always physically and psychologically abusing without any reason of a generic-self-insert-beta-harem-MC and Rei is a generic kuudere heroine without emotions. Evangelion is one of the worst shit shows of all time and. Only the retardeds weebshits and persons with serious mental problems really like of this generic shit garbage

>>14995233
>Evangelion is held up as a masterpiece
Nice joke, anon!

>>14995244
>This is a great example of why this generic shit garbage called Eva is falsely popular and highly overrated: Weebshits and persons with serious mental problems like myself. Another example of this is any generic shit garbageis sufficient to please the preferences and tastes of the weebshits and persons with serious mental problems like myself.
I agree with you, delusional weebshit.
>>
>>14995425
I agree that it's overrated, but it wasn't cliched and generic when it aired.
>>
>>14995234
Eva is even shittier though.
>>
>>14995178
Outside of the animation remark, because I think the animation is perfectly fine, it's pretty accurate. Tho to be fair it's painting it in an overly negative light and didn't mention any strengths of the show such as the actual meat and potatoes which is a look into social interactions and how various neuroses can severely hamper that and turn talented people into train wrecks. While being very stark and direct with it, having some of the most painfully obvious metaphors representing this, it shows this was the true message buried in the show and it makes sense as these are issues the antisocial mess known as Anno is very well acquainted with. It was all done with a stylish flair from a director that has a keen eye for visuals, just he is very bad at expressing any deeper meaning in his compositions or scenes because he's a very blunt man and often includes symbolism pretty much entirely because it "looks cool." It's not ground breaking, but it's significant and what it aimed to do it did fairly well. It's a solid show that both the hatred and adoration are horridly overblown, it ranks somewhere from the average good spectrum as an overall package in my option.

EoE is absolute fucking tripe that has its head so far up its ass the one person who truly has no idea what the meaning was is the creator himself. Empty visuals, messy layers of metaphors that are stacked on top of each other in a hope one sticks, and ultimately a shittier ending than the stupid and obtuse but actually somewhat poignant ending of the original (Shinji has the chance to create a world where he can make anything happen, and he just wishes for his loved ones to smile and congratulate his efforts because that's all any person, especially Anno, wants. People you respect to be proud of you.)
>>
>>14996081
Continued

Rebuild is literal cash in, fan pandering of the lowest degree and is the height of Anno's creative bankruptcy. I thought he was returning to some form with Shin Godzilla, you know actually working on things he enjoyed out of passion and for love/respect of his obvious influences, but now that he admitted he just wants money and the rebuilds will go on forever proves he truly prefers to be a business man rather than an author with integrity.

I can't blame him because I'd probably sell out for half the amount he's raking in, but sitting on my high horse of criticizing him I can't deny it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
>>
>>14995178
>eventually ends like a certain manga that deeply impacted the director's youth.

Devilman?
>>
>>14995425

So what shows did those tropes before EVA ?
>>
>>14996081
>somewhat poignant ending of the original (Shinji has the chance to create a world where he can make anything happen, and he just wishes for his loved ones to smile and congratulate his efforts because that's all any person, especially Anno, wants. People you respect to be proud of you.)
I don't think you understand Eva.

The congratulation part is them congratulating Shinji in growing up, not his "perfect" world.
>>
>>14996984
It's both, those people he saw at the end was a construction of his own mind and included several people Shinji respected/loved who wouldn't give a fuck if he grew up. By rejecting instrumentality Shinji was now able to forge a world in an image he desired, and that end scene is it.
>>
>>14997009
Not really, he's going back to the real world.

The point of Eva is that dream and reality are fine, but fantasy is not.
>>
>>14995226
This. Too bad the show never went anywhere
Also
>>14995184
Where is chrome shelled regios.
>>
>>14997013
Except almost all those people fully accepted instrumentality and moved on to become one with everyone else, they aren't coming back.
>>
>>14997051
Source? Because we don't know how many is coming back.

Asuka came back, and so did Rei.
>>
>>14997056
You realize NONE were supposed to come back right? Evangelion was not made with EoE in mind, EoE was entirely due to the massively negative reaction to the ending of the TV series.
>>
>>14997059
I know the ending of the TV series is supposed to be Shinji coming back.
>>
>>14997063
He didn't quite come back, due to vagueness and sort of sloppy execution Shinjis fate isn't super clear. It's just mainly that he broke down the walls of his negative emotions and realized he can't live in isolation, that his own negativity is what pushes people away. It's even unclear if he rejected instrumentality or if that IS the world behind the LCL. There's only really two things we know: Shinji was not on earth/his original plane of existence anymore and that was what he wanted to see.

The only thing really unclear is whether Shinji rejected instrumentality and created a world to his liking, or if that world where everyone accepted him WAS instrumentality.

Either way this pissed off viewers to the point Anno got death threats and they farted EoE out a year later.
>>
>>14997067
It's not really ambigious, Shinji briefly experienced a peaceful world without EVA, and he found that in that world, he's still fine, therefore defining that existence that with or without EVA, he can still live.

This combined with the fact that his mother comes out to preach that self-hate will destroy Shinji's ego means that Shinji has grown up, and the whole cast congratulate him.
>>
>>14997067
>>14997069
Btw, these are the infamous "death threats"
http://wiki.evageeks.org/End_of_Evangelion_Death_Threats

Most of them sound like they actually understand EVA.
>>
>>14995178

Yes and the best part is that Anno is fucking rich now and has a wife and kids. Stay fucking made Eva haters.
>>
>>14997069
I didn't say if contents like that are ambiguous, the only thing unclear is if he was still in the tang or not. He was talking with his dead mom, a bunch of people who were absorbed came back and acted out of character, all while they stand in some weird foreign landscape that looks abstract. Since the congratulations and acceptance of these people is what he wanted and he's not on earth, who is to say he still isn't in the tang or if he rejected it and forged it himself.

It's sloppy in execution because Anno didn't seem to care about it or think that out, he just wanted to get to the moral lesson/epiphany because Shinji was just an insert for himself to work through his own antisocial and negative tendencies.

>>14997071
It doesn't surprise me that they are tame, Anno strikes me as one who fears rejection and is overly self-conscious of what people think of him much like Shinji. These alone or even one extremely negative letter would probably be enough combined with the mixed/negative fan and critical response that he would feel insecure enough to try and appease them.
>>
>>14995178
Despite how huge of a bitch she is and how derpy a face she's making in that pic, Asuka on all fours with her tits hanging down like that makes me want to fuck the angry right out of her.
>>
>>14997087
It's clear under he's in a sorta illusion in the congratulation scene, but he's not in any perfect world, just an "ending scene".

This is complimented by the EoE, because both of them are about the same thing at the end of the day, Shinji growing up and taking the pain of reality.

I think you are just hating on Anno for some reasons.
>>
>>14997097
>It's clear under he's in a sorta illusion in the congratulation scene, but he's not in any perfect world, just an "ending scene".
But to Shinji that was a perfect world. A perfect world doesn't mean you are a cyborg superhuman with thirty wives, a gorillion dollars, foot long penis, and a solid gold rocket car that transforms into your robot best friend whom you solve mysteries with. When it comes to depressed and antisocial people, all a perfect world means is a world where they can be happy and accepted rather than be a sad misanthrope.

>This is complimented by the EoE, because both of them are about the same thing at the end of the day, Shinji growing up and taking the pain of reality.
I disagree, I think EoE is weighed down by so much unnecessary shit and frivolous details that don't add anything. It's pretentious and rather than the simplistic happiness of the end of the show it attempts to make it big/bombastic while not only trying to convey the simplistic original message but also shoving it's head up its ass and drowning the film in empty "deep" imagery. I truly feel EoE is a pretentious film.

>I think you are just hating on Anno for some reasons.
But I'm not? I can respect most of his decisions as a creator and i like Eva, finding it interesting as Shinji feels like a journal straight into Anno's mind. I'm one of the people who, tho he can get on my nerves, I sympathize with Shinji more than almost anyone else in the show.
>>
>>14997114
Uhm, so Shinji's perfect world is a world where people congratulates him all days? Hmm, I don't think that's even stated or even implied in the show, Shinji longs to a world where he feels needed, and not a world everyone kisses his ass.

EoE is actually a pretty simplistic film all said and done, it just elaborates on what connects the show with the TV ending since we have no way of knowing what happened to NERV with just the TV ending, the imageries are cool but they are meaningless, just like the religious imageries in the TV series.

>But I'm not? I can respect most of his decisions as a creator and i like Eva, finding it interesting as Shinji feels like a journal straight into Anno's mind. I'm one of the people who, tho he can get on my nerves, I sympathize with Shinji more than almost anyone else in the show.
OK, anon. What can I say? Shinji is kinda my guy but I never take it as the whole Anno = Shinji thing, and per my opinion, Anno has been wrong plenty of times, just that the show itself is alright.
>>
>>14997125
>Uhm, so Shinji's perfect world is a world where people congratulates him all days?
Are you reading what I said? Did you actually think that all eternity was then congratulating him? We only see that snippet, because the only thing Shinji wanted was to be accepted by those he loves and to make them proud. You wanna know why we don't see more or get resolute answers about what we are seeing or what will happen? Because Anno didn't think of any at the time. That scene was the culmination of everything, the climax and denouement all wrapped into one scene. It's anticlimactic in the terms of execution or when viewing an objective work, but for the story and moral it explored it was a logical end point.

>Anno has been wrong plenty of times
Yeah like thinking it's okay to turn Eva into a cash cow or in the fact he admits he changes the meaning of Eva every few years essentially because he's influenced by his fans and wants to go with what pleases them the most.

>just that the show itself is alright
I always say it ranges somewhere from average to good.
>>
>>14997138
I thought it was short because it's supposed to be the ending scene, where Shinji finally grows up, not that it's a snippet of his "perfect world", because it sure does not look the part.
>You wanna know why we don't see more or get resolute answers about what we are seeing or what will happen? Because Anno didn't think of any at the time.
How did you know that?
>It's anticlimactic in the terms of execution or when viewing an objective work, but for the story and moral it explored it was a logical end point.
So the logical end point of EVA is Shinji stepping into the perfect world, despite just moment ago, he steps out of another perfect world?

>Yeah like thinking it's okay to turn Eva into a cash cow or in the fact he admits he changes the meaning of Eva every few years essentially because he's influenced by his fans and wants to go with what pleases them the most.
Yeah, nah, stupid shit like "Asuka and Misato being strong female characters" and "Rei fans would get mad if they see her pregnant", those stupid shit. Him making Rebuild is just him being a business man.
>I always say it ranges somewhere from average to good.
OK brah.
>>
>>14997146
>I thought it was short because it's supposed to be the ending scene, where Shinji finally grows up, not that it's a snippet of his "perfect world", because it sure does not look the part.
It doesn't look like a perfect world to you, but to Shinji that scene is literally all he ever wanted the entire show.

>How did you know that?
Inferring based on Anno's character, writing, and the fact that he does things like include angel and Bible imagery solely because it looked and sounded cool to him.

>So the logical end point of EVA is Shinji stepping into the perfect world, despite just moment ago, he steps out of another perfect world?
It serves for a terrible end point in a story perspective, but for the message and point of the show with almost everything being able interpersonal relations it is a logical end point. Again, the ending is stupid and sloppy in execution but it's the best end point offered for the series.
>>
>>14997153
>It doesn't look like a perfect world to you, but to Shinji that scene is literally all he ever wanted the entire show.
What Shinji wants is a world he feels that he's okay to be in, thus the realization that he can live in either reality with or without EVA, you are proposing that the congratulation scene is his perfect world which is frankly quite wrong, because that's just the cast kissing his ass.
>Inferring based on Anno's character, writing, and the fact that he does things like include angel and Bible imagery solely because it looked and sounded cool to him.
Which is?
>It serves for a terrible end point in a story perspective, but for the message and point of the show with almost everything being able interpersonal relations it is a logical end point.
It's not even logical. Moments ago, he just shatters the perfect world without EVA, and now he steps right into another?

What's the point? If he wants a perfect world where he's comfortable in and everyone pays attention to him, he could have stayed in the world without EVA.
>>
>>14995178
Big boobs for a 14 year old
>>
>>14995425

the difference is that evangelion explores the consequences of those actions and characters.

Asuka abuses shinji constantly which Is one reason he has the breakdown.
he's actually torn between those people and SUFFERS for it psychologically.

compair that to haram anime 487 where the characters laugh everything off or get ANGRY or SO SAD for half an episode before reverting to their 2D personality.
>>
>>14997212
Can say the same thing about you, you chubby little queer
>>
We can all agree that EoE has some interesting visuals when instrumentality happens and it hits the fan
>>
>>14997234
Love you too, babe.
>>
File: 1478015619381.png (24KB, 319x201px) Image search: [Google]
1478015619381.png
24KB, 319x201px
>>14997602
>>
>>14997232
>Asuka abuses shinji constantly which Is one reason he has the breakdown. he's actually torn between those people and SUFFERS for it psychologically

Is that why shinji masturbates in front of Asuka while she's unconcious ? To get back to her because of her abuses ?
Oh boy, all the characters in Evangelion are broken, they're parodies of real human beings.
>>
The problem with Shinji is that he's more pathetic than is realistic
>>
>>14995223
/m/anchildren won't because Eva is more popular than their favorite shit shows from the 80s so they'll do anything to masturbate over their "hot" opinions that it's not as good as their favorite shit shows from the 80s.
>>
>>14998863
Eva isn't more popular than my favorite show from the 80s, though
>>
>>14998981
>denial
You poor thing. You're still in the first stage of grief.
>>
>>14998981
which one has more crap for sale on ebay
>>
File: download (7).jpg (8KB, 110x177px) Image search: [Google]
download (7).jpg
8KB, 110x177px
>>14998985
But it's literally not
>>
>>14998992
>>14998988
> 41,183 results for evangelion
> 2,277 results for "fist of the north star"
> 880 results for "hokuto no ken"
> 8 results for Ken il guerriero
> 2 results for Ken le Survivant
>>
>>14999002
What an amazing form of empirical evidence, truly there is no hole to this logic. Also tell me this, if it's so much more popular how come everyone is so quick to sell their Eva stuff in eBay but hold onto Hokuto no Ken stuff dearly? Checkmate, kisama.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.