[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Battlezone 98 Redux:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 11

Been released, but no one seems to have noticed. Kinda shitty they don't automatically include the expansion, but sell it separately. I haven't played it since 1999 myself. I wonder if it holds up.

Also it has official multiplayer servers too.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/301650/
>>
>>14991967

no one?
>>
Is it sim or arcade?
>>
>>14991967
I had no idea about this at all and I'm probably the biggest Battlezone fanboy I know.

Then again, when the original game works just fine with the free patch and is available for free... why buy this?
>>
Absolutely loved the first game, though i dont know if i'd go back for this, mabe itll fate better with those new to the series
>>
>>14991967
One of my favorite games. But $19.99 though? Better wait for a steam sale, I don't even think I paid that much when it first came out.
>>
>>14991967
If it doesn't have the multiplayer chat room it's automatically shit
>>
>>
>>14998086
Definitely looks pretty.
>>
>>14991967
You've been able to download the game for free from activision's website for years. The HD textures look nice, but aren't worth $20. Great game though, criminally underrated.
>>
File: Bz98r_screen0.jpg (986KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bz98r_screen0.jpg
986KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: 566.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
566.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>14991967
I vaguely remember this. Did you end up blowing up Pluto or something at the end?
>>
>>15001976
It was a fictional moon/planet called Achilles.
>>
File: Battlezone 2 -wp-.jpg (171KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Battlezone 2 -wp-.jpg
171KB, 1024x768px
Someone know another action/strategy game like Battlezone ?

It's strange, I know we have a fuckton of Battlefield, or Survival game with vehicle that are close, but I don't feel like there anything like it.

I remember the game "Carrier Command :Gaea Mission" (steam have a Demo) but there don't seem to have a lot of vehicle

I've got a terrible secret
I started with Battlezone 2 before knowing 10 year later that the first game was better, I have its free abandonware version installed on my PC but I never got past the first 3 missions
>>
>>15003019
There are a few. Parkan Iron Strategy and a few others I remember but can't name.
>>
File: hw_0013.jpg (245KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
hw_0013.jpg
245KB, 1280x960px
>>15003019
Hostile Waters is a vehicle/strategy hybrid inspired by the original Carrier Command. No base building like Battlezone, but you get to harvest scrap and use it to build vehicles. While Carrier Command only has two player vehicle types, Hostile Waters has ten. Also, there is some light customization where you can attach any weapon to any vehicle and they some Tetris-like inventory where you can put addons like extra armor or cloaking. Gameplay elements include destroying enemy production facilities to stop their factories from creating more vehicles, avoiding enemy detection through radar, airlifting vehicles, and using a spotter vehicle for a target so that an AI-operated vehicle armed with a howitzer can hit it with indirect fire.
>>
>>15003019
How do you fail the Mars mission? It's easy; build up as fast as possible, grab the alien thingy, don't go poking the Soviet base and job jobbed.
>>
>>15003100
Also the story's great and it has Tom Baker doing narration.
>>
File: Battlezone 2 - tank.jpg (61KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
Battlezone 2 - tank.jpg
61KB, 500x450px
>>15003100
Yeah, I totally remembered that game when posting Carrier Command, it does look more complex. I wonder if there's newer game like this one too (beside CC:Gaea)

>>15003097
Thank you but it look like somewhat old. I'm hoping for something recent

>>15003101
Actually I never got past mission 3 because I didn't bother playing beyond it.
Still managed to fail it once.
Because of some lost brilliance in game design : I took my time to abuse trigger-event and discovered my superior could become impatient enough to fire me.
(it certainly didn't happen in Battlezone 2)
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (38KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
38KB, 1280x720px
>>
File: Battlezone 2 - construction.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Battlezone 2 - construction.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
>>
Played it a few months ago, and wow, the AI and balance really hasn't held up well. Still, all the vehicles are as awesome as i remember.

>>15003019
I know some guys developed Bionite as a spiritual sequel, but I've never played it.
>>
File: Battlezone 2 sympa.jpg (112KB, 496x310px) Image search: [Google]
Battlezone 2 sympa.jpg
112KB, 496x310px
>>15007751
I've seen the video, nice initiative but I won't hold my breath.or support the Early-Access because I'm an entitled cheapskate used to better product at that price

btw : I remember that at the time I was blown away by the intro mission of Battlezone 2 where you pilot those anti-grav scout and jumped the hills.
I was too young to notice how flawed their game-engines was. But to be fair, I've seen new early-access game that are even more buggy (even if much more graphical).
>>
File: 7gdf123.jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
7gdf123.jpg
7KB, 300x168px
>>
>>15008931
The early missions of Battlezone 2 were the best. The later ones just got dull for me.
>>
>>15010922
This, the small scale combat and overall atmosphere were pretty damn good.

Once you start landing on fantasy planets and have to build from scratch every mission, fight the same enemies over and over again and wear down a huge base while being attacked all the time, etc. it just turns into a shitty turtlefest. The mission scripting is pretty bad at times too.
>>
>>15010966
Yeah. At least Battlezone 1 kept things interesting by having different missions, or having you do fun stuff for half a mission, then build and attack.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.