[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zeta Gundam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (73KB, 353x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 353x500px
4 episodes in

Am I missing something or is this conflict not supposed to make sense until later?

The way they obfuscate information is a huge change of pace from 0079.
>>
File: quattro sip.png (376KB, 404x435px) Image search: [Google]
quattro sip.png
376KB, 404x435px
Early eps are really vague faction-wise. Who does what becomes clearer later.
>>
>>14991656
>>14991656
>>14991656
Watching Zeta as well, but I'm in the last quarter. Indeed the two main conflicting parties of the series should be soon cleared out, the 5-6 first episodes are quite rush-y in-universe but they take a break at some point.

Now though there is some opposition, I'd say they aren't as obvious as in 0079 where the two antagonists make more sense (imho). The One Year War is basically an indenpendance war turned super ugly, the conflict in Zeta is much less obvious, with basically a military subsection of the Federation (the Titans - which are some sort of space waffen SS really) being fought by a group (the AEUG) deeming that the Federation went too far after the OYW (and the destruction of the last Zeon bits). It's two groups fighting each other, not two nations as in 0079 and sometimes it's hard to get how it could turn into something that big, though there is some explanations (which aren't super satisfactory I think).

And among all that, there are some weird allegiances I still don't quite get myself. As in how does everyone from 0079 especially is cool with Lt Quattro (nudge nudge) exactly? Some like Amuro I can understand, but others like Bright...? I mean, it's cool to see Quattro as some sort of mentor figure and for him it makes sense to be there, why is he tolerated by the others is a little bit more dubious, especially when they plain get friendly and all.
>>
>>14991656

You have Titans, who are a subsection of the federation, and AEUG who are rebels fighting against this subsection of the federation. Sometimes the feddies get involved as well in helping the Titans.

>>14991936

>As in how does everyone from 0079 especially is cool with Lt Quattro (nudge nudge) exactly?

Kai's letter was a thing. Other than with Amuro, it isn't totally clear that he is Char at first. That and Char is known as someone who was actually fighting against the Zabis all along, so it's not like he is a hardline Zabist like Haman, who they did have issues allying with. The rest really had no reason to think poorly of Char beyond him being a former enemy combatant, which isn't a reason.
>>
>>14992011
OP probably shouldn't read this cause spoilers...

But anyway
>Char is known as someone who was actually fighting against the Zabis all along
Is he? I've only watch MSG (UC wise) but his Zabi revenge quest seems to be quite private, and though Amuro ends up knowing it at the very last episode, he is never known to have been killing Zabi left and right before that. I mean, Zeta is 8 years later so I can understand that he has been revealed as a two-sided figure of the OYW, but nothing in Zeta can give you this kind of hindsight in-universe. Char seems just to be an extremely famous Zeon Ace of 8 years ago, not some kind of traitor who was somehow doing the Fed's work on his own mind.

Then again, the AEUG had trouble allying with Haman because of Char in the first place! Wong was quite happy about the potential alliance, and it's only because Char couldn't have any of it that it failed. Haman probably wouldn't have wanted too much of it anyway, but the AEUG was quite into siding with her and Mineva before Char blew it up.

Amuro I can understand him trying to recouncile with Char as two old rivals, it's the kind of thing you see frequently with WW2 aces for instance (Tuck and Galland), plus there has always been some sort of connection between them, especially with Lalah's death.
But Bright... he was the commanding officer of the vessel Char tried to blow up multiple times, he had no special connection at all with Char, who was a pain in the ass for quite the whole duration of 0079. I mean, he could have at least been a little bit grumpy about an old enemy being close to him, especially since he didn't turned away from the Federation. But nope, he can shake his hand no problem and talk to him like an old chap. Same with Hayato for that matter. Not that I see Bright being super into big grudge against anyone, but to see him being pretty friendly with Char was strange to me, also because there was no inner-thoughts about this quite peculiar situation.
>>
>>14992091

It is either in Zeta or CCA where you have characters openly talking about Char's quest to kill off the Zabis. I'm not sure which one, I thought it was in Zeta though.

Some of the individuals were quite reluctant to join up with Haman though, particularly all the kids. Even Bright seemed a bit uneasy about it, especially when he visited their ship and saw that they really were the same old Zabis. Char would have none of it of course.

With Bright, it isn't totally clear at which point every individual character realizes that Quattro is Char, Tomino rarely gives us internal monologues ( to my preference, but it changes how we get information). It could be that by the time he realized who Char was that they were already allies, and since he had no strong reason to hate Char and they had shared goals now, there was no reason to get mad that that one ACE who your team could never quite beat is now working with you to help further your goals.
>>
>>14991656

To put it in the simplest terms, essentially after the events of 0083 (retconned it when a crowbar essentially, it makes just as much sense as a reaction to the One Year War), the Federation decided that what happened with Zeon can never happen again. Last time it did, half of humanity was killed.

So the Federation set up an extrajudicial military force whose purpose it was to quell any potential of future uprising. That group was the Titans. The problem is the Titans essentially became less like a military police and more like an occupying army that uses every opportunity to treat spacenoids like shit. So eventually a group within the Federation as formed called the Anti-Earth Union Group (AEUG), whose purpose it was to weaken the Titans politically and militarily. And the show starts basically with an AEUG infiltration of the colony where the Titans have just finished developing the newest model of Gundam.
>>
Keep watching. I was lost until about episode 10
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.