[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he a Newtype? Or was the Turn A itself just that OP?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: latest[1].jpg (34KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
34KB, 225x350px
Was he a Newtype? Or was the Turn A itself just that OP?
>>
>>14988802
Pretty sure he communicated telepathically at some point.

I think him, Gym and the loli were definitely newtypes. Not sure about Harry.
>>
>>14988802

He was literate.
>>
>>14988802
Turn A was hilariously OP. Among the things it supposedly can be able to do include warp its beam rifle's shots straight into the cockpits of enemy mobile suits, warp weapons from elsewhere straight into its empty chest storage bays, and extend the reach of its Moonlight Butterfly all the way to Jupiter.
>>
File: main protag is evil as hell.png (495KB, 837x462px) Image search: [Google]
main protag is evil as hell.png
495KB, 837x462px
>>14988802
worst gundam protag before this monster
>>
At one point he and Gym have a conversation in slow mo in the middle of a brawl
I'm pretty sure that points to at least budding space autism
>>
>>14988802

Nothing about his piloting leaves an impression he has to be a newtype or that the unit is completely over powered. All th really over powered stuff is in fluff or side materials.

Tomino also said there are no newtype in Turn-A. That the entire cast might become newtypes in future, but that none of them are during the show.

>>14988888

It also suggests dramatic convention.
>>
>>14988802
Nah, it was the MS. The exact limits of the capabilities of the ∀ Gundam and its nanomachines are left as ill-defined newtype-ism iteself which often leads to moments of convenient ass-pulls.
>>
>>14988802
The latter.

Now imagine what if Amuro, Char, or any other Newtype got his hand on Turn A...
>>
Turn A itself is sentient and is newtype.
>>
>>14989005

It's a pretty hard imagine really, since we don't actually know the non-newtype limitations on performance. You don't need to be a newtype to use the Moonlight Butterfly for you instance, and that is the units single most dangerous feature. Unless you're suggesting Joseph was a newtype. And if that's not like credit behind a psychic wall, then it's possible the other stuff is broke. Or just wasn't there because it wasn't imagined or deemed necessary for the show and so not included.
>>
>>14988906
If I recall right Guin pilots a Psyco Gundam in the novelization, but again, yeah, side materials.
>>
d
>>
>>14989079
>>14989005
How do we know that not everyone in Turn A was a Newtype? I mean, by that point human evolution should've made everyone a newtype as per Zeon's theories.
>>
>>14989202
Newtypes are an evolutionary fluke created by exposure to minovsky particles.
>>
>>14989202
Zeon Deikun was wrong.
>>
>>14988875
so you've watched 2 gundams
>>
>>14988875
jesus it's the animesuki shitposter again
>>
>>14989202

We know for a start because Tomino said so in interview. We also just can look at the animation and outside two instances of Loran talking to people in a way that's depicted oddly in the animation there's nothing like newtype moments in the show though. And even those moments don't share the normal newtype signals (like the newtype flashes) and can easily be put down to dramatic convenience and flair. Also, Deikun only had a rather flimsy theory and newtypes didn't even emerge for several years after he died. He's repeatedly shown as wrong about what he thinks newtypes can be, since he propounded them as a peaceful future thing if I recall, so him being wrong about their evolution or numbers isn't surprising.

As for him saying it: http://www.toonzone.net/nyaf2009-yoshiyuki-tomino-q-ampa-panel-report/

> Q: Why are there no Newtypes in Turn A Gundam?

> TOMINO: I didn’t include specific Newtypes in Turn A because those who appear in it are destined to become Newtypes. Otherwise, they would not have lived the way they did on Earth.

The cast are destined to become newtypes by his word, but aren't yet actually newtypes and that was a conscious decision on his part.
>>
>>14988802
>he
>>
>>14989296
Yes, that is what he said.
>>
>>14988872
It still saddens me we will never know how ridiculously OP the ELS 00 Qan[t]a is.
>>
>>14989064
DEEPEST LORE
>>
Probably cause most cute Gundam boys turn out to be newtypes
>>
>>14989290
But what about the people on the moon? If there were Newtypes earlier in the UC, then there should be Newtypes at least under the pople that lived in space. I mean, is the child of a Newtype also a Newtype? Or does it become a Newtype later in his life, if at all?
>>
>>14991142

We have no idea. And the people of the Moon aren't the descendants of newtypes. It's not mentioned in show that I recall, but all the newtypes converted their colonies in to deep space ships of some kind and left long ago. They're the ones who made the Turn-X. At least according to the Turn-X's manual, though the idea was floating around long before the MG got made, probably from a data book or something.

So again, no newtypes. I've no idea why people find that so hard to accept.
>>
>>14991188
Probably because Newtypes (or their AU equivalent) were such a staple in the Gundam shows before this one.
>>
>>14989318
It's effectively immortal because psychic hivemind, it can teleport interstellar distances, has all of 00's hilariously silly abilities, and can also pull from anything the ELS have ever eaten - which, you know, could be literally anything in the setting. It also quite possibly has functionally limitless GN particles since ELS can regen and are able to create particles so they can just teleport more in, which might mean infinite Trans-Am.

But of course, the entire point is that there won't be any more wars by the time it's formed. And if there is, it's with other spacefaring species, but the hope is that it won't happen.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.