[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Super Rescue Solbrain 18

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 26

File: solbrain18.png (434KB, 631x480px) Image search: [Google]
solbrain18.png
434KB, 631x480px
https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=876996

A group of land speculators aggressively drive cyclists out of a local private park, claiming that they are about to build a factory there. When their deed on the land checks out, the local community rallies around Mr. Tsuruoka, the local bike shop owner, and his son Hiroshi, a longtime friend of Solbrain. The campaign against the land speculators seems to be going well, until Mr. Tsuruoka suddenly drops his support. Tsuruoka has a shocking secret in his past, and it may be something that ruins both him and the community.

Notes:

A Sagiyama episode. But surprisingly, this episode doesn't have any magical psychic girls, talking stuffed animals, or other unthematic elements. This is a rather dramatic episode about the cycle shop owner, Mr. Tsuruoka, who appears in the ending credits and a handful of episodes throughout the series (I believe this is actually his last). He's grown a beard in this episode. Turns out that he has a secret past that led him to open his cycling shop.

I actually really like this episode all things considered. I think that even though it's a low-threat episode, it's a good piece about human beings. The writing was sharp and fun to translate. For a Sagiyama episode it's by far one of her most interesting. Hope you enjoy.
>>
>>14988323
It's interesting/good that even Sagiyama shows some restraint every once in a while.

That being said, thanks yet again. Also, how is the Solbrain backlog coming along?
>>
File: 543545.jpg (80KB, 900x673px) Image search: [Google]
543545.jpg
80KB, 900x673px
Thanks as always, m8.
>>
>>14988323
There's no way this thread deserves to be on page 10 yet.

Thanks again for the Metal Hero goodness.
>>
>>14990719
>There's no way this thread deserves to be on page 10 yet.
I'll create a Metal Heroes Guide, and a metal heroes general thread, in a few days. Hope things got better.

I hope with the help of all metal fans.
>>
>>14991963
For starters, it might help to check the MH sub guide here: https://lovexcare.wordpress.com/releases/metal-hero-guide/
>>
File: 62456.jpg (68KB, 480x709px) Image search: [Google]
62456.jpg
68KB, 480x709px
>>14992013
Nice. More links, better thread. Will also try to put them inside some pastebin/txt/whatever for easy access.
>>
>>14991963
I think having more Metal Heroes threads is great as well as putting together resources for ease of info, but would a /mhg/ really be sustainable?
Despite the revival of subbing efforts and rare V-Cinemas, this is all but a dead franchise.

I don't mean to be a downer, but unless we see something big happen for the 35th anniversary, threads like these will continue to languish.
>>
File: metal only.jpg (120KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
metal only.jpg
120KB, 480x640px
>>14993419
I got your point. Solo threads, like this one, are essential. You, me, Sailor Otaku and a few anons will always support it.

The bigger question is the non-MH audience: a MHG thread can be used to unite subs info, download links and a fast guide (pic related, pre-alpha version), like the guys in Sentai/PR do. To be honest, the main focus here is about to "give it a try" and make some organized place for non-MH fans do the first contact, not primarily "for us" (but of course we can discuss, I hope for it).

I completely agree with the fact it's a dead franchise. But I must admit the next Gavan movie with Mad Gallant give me some hope... You may know, hype's a bitch.

Let's see until 2017, till the next Gavan movie. Maybe it'll be a better timming for this.
>>
>>14994137
At least MFC and MBE are still doing MH stuff at the moment, too (even if B-Fighter is being done behind the scenes).
>>
>>14994137
Can I get this guide in non-potato quality?
>>
>>14994814
Sure. But can you just wait a couple days? I'm trying to finish it for version 1.0 release.

By the way, is there some user from France, Indonesia, Malaysia or Filipines here? Need to know which MHs got aired in these countries.
>>
File: Winspector.jpg (260KB, 1335x793px) Image search: [Google]
Winspector.jpg
260KB, 1335x793px
>>
File: fc5d6-winspectoresolbrain1.jpg (40KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
fc5d6-winspectoresolbrain1.jpg
40KB, 400x299px
>>
File: solbrai.jpg (120KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
solbrai.jpg
120KB, 900x675px
>>
>>14988323
Thanks for the episodes, dude. Really appreciate the continued effort.
>>
>>14994137
>lady battle cop
>metal hero
Since when?
>>
File: changerion pose.webm (1MB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
changerion pose.webm
1MB, 704x480px
>>14994137
>>14996561

I do kind of question the inclusion of series that are considered "similar" at the bottom, but on the other hand I'm always down for giving non-franchise shows an awareness boost.

Anyway, keep up the good work.
>>
File: cybercop_jupiter.jpg (124KB, 1024x741px) Image search: [Google]
cybercop_jupiter.jpg
124KB, 1024x741px
>>15000956
Payed by... Toei.
Produced by... Toei.
Non-canon sequel of Jiban from... Toei.
Should I continue? :^D

>>15001222
That's the big point here: I'm trying to start an ultimate MH guide with a list of "official" and "non-official" shows to everyone: oldschoolers and rookies. Something a little bit better than those Mech Guides we see around...

In essence, bottom shows are just metal heroes outside the official production order (Machineman, Byclosser, Changerion and Guyferd). However, I realize people don't give a fuck about this info. Same for Hikaruon (an anime, but also an homage) and Toho's Cybercops (a fucking great show ahead of its time). If we put them outside, we'll just make a big injustice - and I want to avoid it.
>>
>>15001541
>Payed by... Toei.
>Produced by... Toei.
>Non-canon sequel of Jiban from... Toei.
>Should I continue? :^D

Yes because none of that actually makes it a Metal Hero show.
>>
>>15001541
Fair enough, I just thought it was a weird decision is all.

One more thing though, you probably shouldn't be counting Guyferd with Machineman, Byclosser, and Changerion. Like Cybercop, it's also a Toho produced show.
>>
>>15001558
I thought it was just an adult V-Cinema movie. With a villain that speaks in English with Japanese subtitles and Kamen Rider Black RX's soundtrack outright reused.
>>
File: mhg_some banners.jpg (344KB, 990x400px) Image search: [Google]
mhg_some banners.jpg
344KB, 990x400px
>>15001594
Yeap.

BTW, I'm doing some banners for future MHG. Nothing serious.
>>
Indofag here.

They aired practically all of MH here. Gavan was really famous when it was aired in the late 80s, and starting from late 90s they aired practically the rest. The ones I remember the most are Sharivan, SpielbanJiraiya,Jiban, and the Rescue Trilogy, but I also have faint memories of watching Blue SWAT (was boring as hell for kids, IIRC), Metalder, B-Fighter, even Robotack/Kabutack, and I might be remembering it wrong but they also aired Janperson... so yeah, all of it. Even VR Troopers and Beetleborg + Metallix.

And while we're at it, I'm fairly sure they aired every Ultra series from OG Ultra up to Max and used to air Ultra movies for kids movies slot, every Rider series from Super-1 to Kabuto/Den-O? (though I think they skipped Hibiki) AND Masked Rider, and a bunch of Sentai and Ranger, starting from Google-V (was booming in the 80s just like Gavan) to GoGoV I think? for Sentai and MMPR to I dunno, I think I remember SPD but I dunno if they air the rest.

To be fair they probably still air the newer ones right now, but I dunno, I don't watch much TV anymore.
>>
>>15004105
Forgot to quote >>14996561
>>
>>14988323
>new solbrain
Nice.
>>
>>15004105
Thanks for the support.

About all those MHs you said, I did a research and I knew Gavan, Winspector and Jiban got aired in your country (Jiban was a surprise to me, I thought only BR got it).

However, did they got 100% finished? From first to last episode? I'm asking this because France got Juspion with only 5-6 episodes and canceled it... So, it's NOT the same case.

About the other shows, do you guarantee the information?
>>
>>15004242
Yeah, I wanted to mention it, but kinda forgot.

Since I was just a kid back then, unfortunately I can't remember/guarantee that they finish their run or not. Wasn't even born when Gavan/Google-V aired, only heard about it from my older relatives.

As far as my memory goes:
- I think they aired Sharivan all the way to the end. I know that I saw the Sharivan episode where Gavan appears (I'm a sucker for crossovers) , and I'm fairly sure that is on the last/near to last episodes.
- They also probably aired Jiraiya/Jiban all the way to the end as well. I remember watching episodes with their upgrade forms (Perfect Jiban, shoulder pads/eye visor for Jiraiya and his giant robot) and that only happens on the late 30s. Plus, they're one of the more famous MH shows, I think.

For show completion, those are the only ones I can guarantee, I guess. I'm fairly sure they aired all of them, though.

For MHs that aired in the late 90s/early 00s the popularity is probably something like Jiraiya=Jiban>>Winspector>Sharivan>Kabutack>Everything else>Blue SWAT.
(Take this with a grain of salt, though, I might be a bit biased)

Gavan aired a decade before and thus popular to older generation and not mine. A famous comedian made a parody of it, etc. Was really surprised that my sister was so into it.
>>
>>15004410
Oh, and they aired Bycrosser/Changerion/Guyferd here as well.
>>
File: deeper.jpg (32KB, 483x314px) Image search: [Google]
deeper.jpg
32KB, 483x314px
>>15004410
Thanks again.

BR got a really vast info around wikipedia, YT and blogs. France also got some specialized boards, but I'm having some issues looking for the other 3 (Indonesia, Malaysia, Phillipines).

By the way, is there any Indonesian site where I can grab these infos? You know: we need to go deeper.
>>
File: sq4.png (745KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
sq4.png
745KB, 720x540px
>>
Thread must not die yet.
>>
https://twitter.com/WeeabooShogun/status/807278468786520069?lang=fr
Someone please give him a hug and remind him that Masaki comes back in Exceedraft.
>>
>>15008791
No you do it.
>>
File: CzQHVRdWIAA3KaE.jpg (48KB, 636x478px) Image search: [Google]
CzQHVRdWIAA3KaE.jpg
48KB, 636x478px
>>
File: masaki helicopter.png (229KB, 637x334px) Image search: [Google]
masaki helicopter.png
229KB, 637x334px
>>
File: 662546.jpg (189KB, 1024x630px) Image search: [Google]
662546.jpg
189KB, 1024x630px
Almost finishing the guide with lots of information. Hope to create a MHG and release it till the end of the month. Now I'm looking for links to make a complete pastebin.

>>14988323
Hey, Sailor. Check it out:

Jump to 01:43
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laEChmi7zuQ

This guy got a complete Brazilian VHS collection of Solbrain.
>>
>>14994137
Isn't Gavan the "official" spelling?
Also, the 10-11-12 ones are officially called the Rescue Police Trilogy, not Rescue Heroes.
>>
>>15014529
I have seen "Gyaban" thrown around occasionally but always by fans that I assume are just unaware that "Gavan" is the official spelling.
>>
https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=879599

Satan Claus v2.
>>
>>14996561
Flip here, so:
The Philippines had their share of MH too, In fact we did air Gavan (As Sky Ranger), Shaider, Jiban (YThey named Naoto Marco there), Solbrain (The only one that was in English), Janperson.

And also, on an unrelated note, so was Guyferd. Gavan, Janperson and Guyferd all aired on the same channel, currently TV5. Shaider was last aired on GMA 7, Jiban and Solbrain were on ABC 13, the former even airing on primetime.
>>
Since episode 19 is out, will there be a release post or does this thread do the job well enough?
>>
File: fuck you, janperson.jpg (114KB, 720x800px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you, janperson.jpg
114KB, 720x800px
>>15014529
Understood. I'll change it for the international name.

All because of the weird jap pronunciation that pisses me off. Officially writing as "Uchuu Keiji Gyaban", they said "Gavan / Gaban" many times, even in the last movies. And there's the inverse way: "Uchuu Keiji Sharivan" spelled as "ShariBAN" during the musics. But "Juspion" was the worst: write as JUSpion, spelled as "JASUpion". That's why BRs decided to use "JASpion" instead of JUSpion: it's closer.

Anyway, I'll put both names and use the original international name. It's less complicated.

>>15014791
Thanks. By the way, do you know which of these series got fully aired in your country? Or some of them got cancelled earlier? I'm asking this to avoid imprecise info (like Juspion, who got aired in France, but only 5-6 episodes).

Can you check it?
>>
File: img5673.jpg (85KB, 378x500px) Image search: [Google]
img5673.jpg
85KB, 378x500px
>>15014529
Blame Toei and their conflict between original vs distribution names. They can't even spell the first one properly, lol.

>>15015152
Let's wait for OP.
>>
>>15015182
Only Janperson was aired completely, but the rest I have no idea, since I was a kid that time so I can't fully remember the rest.
>>
>>15004415
>>15015513
Thanks, m8. If you remember anything more or find a site of your country, feel free to share.
>>
>>15015198
Was Spielban ever fansubbed?
>>
>>15015717
Dead Fish Fansubs subbed the first episode of Spielban waaaay back when. To my knowledge, nothing else of it has been subbed.
>>
>>15015737
Gah, that sucks. Having Den's actor in something else besides Sharivan plus continuing Juspion's giant mecha fights is a big plus.
>>
>>15015152
I actually did a release post, mostly for anyone searching for it.
>>
>>15015778
Thanks a bunch then.

>>15015737
>>15015750
https://lovexcare.wordpress.com/releases/metal-hero-guide/
Correct, nothing else was done. Also, there's a Showa Rider guide on here now.
>>
Spielban got dubbed in Hue and... nothing more.

Watari is really a good actor, I prefer him here than Sharivan. However, it's undeniable Sharivan was his true success.

In essence, I like the suit. It's almost a darker Juspion version. Aesthetically speaking, they could be a duo without any visual problem.

>>15015750
>continuing Juspion's giant mecha fights is a big plus.
Down the hype, mate... Spielban's battleship can transform into a robot, but........... they used stop-motion animation with infinite restock footage use. If you expect something neat like Daileon's suit actor doing double jumps and shit, definitely forget it. Be happy to see it crushing a tank...

Best thing? The waifus. Believe me.
>>
>>15015750
It does suck, but look on the bright side. The Metal Heroes fansub situation has improved quite a bit over the past year and will probably get even better.

I know this doesn't mean that Spielban is for sure going to be picked up by anyone in the future, but I've got hope anyway.
>>
>>15015826
>Down the hype, mate... Spielban's battleship can transform into a robot, but........... they used stop-motion animation with infinite restock footage use. If you expect something neat like Daileon's suit actor doing double jumps and shit, definitely forget it. Be happy to see it crushing a tank...
It's amazing how Toei took one step forward, two steps back in regards to this show. At least Metalder came after this and just had ground fights in compensation.
>>
File: gran nazca_robot mode.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
gran nazca_robot mode.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>15015826
>>15015750
Check it out.
>>
>>15015826
>infinite restock footage use

So, basically, the same problems that Dolgiran in Space Sheriff Gavan had?

>>15015857
> that arm flailing

Jesus christ, my sides.
>>
https://twitter.com/bignovasubs/status/807298861987495936
Changerion is definitely in the planning stages for next year.
>>
>>15015927
I'm ready.

https://p.fuwafuwa.moe/ztfxpq.webm
>>
File: henshin on beach.gif (203KB, 224x147px) Image search: [Google]
henshin on beach.gif
203KB, 224x147px
>>15015850
>It's amazing how Toei took one step forward, two steps back in regards to this show. At least Metalder came after this and just had ground fights in compensation.
Definitely. In this case, the show has some really nice designs, but the mech scenes were a complete waste. Unbelievable this kind of scene before Juspion. "Nothing" would be better.

However, thank god girls did well. Diana is cute as hell, 5 star waifu material. Jesus.

>>15015904
>So, basically, the same problems that Dolgiran in Space Sheriff Gavan had?
Yes. Toei is always heavy-handed in some points.

>>15015927
>Changerion is definitely in the planning stages for next year.
Good news but I think they are not changing wisely: there are better and funnier shows around... To me, Changerion was one of the last in priority.
>>
>>15016074
Honestly, I think it's a good thing to have a fansubber that does shows that are not in a lot of demand.

I don't recall there ever being a big demand for Bycrosser to subbed and I had never heard of Dengeki! Strada 5 before BigNovaSubs brought it up as their next project. But, you know what? I'm glad that an effort to get them subbed exists.

Personally speaking, I like Changerion. It's not a perfect show by any means, but it's a very unique experience. Whether that experience is a good one is very subjective. If you go in expecting it to be like Kamen Rider, Metal Heroes, or Ultraman then you're going to hate the show. Hell, it even has an episode parodying that.
>>
>>15015857
Hahaha! That's incredible! Did they just use the toy because the suit was too heavy and bulky or was it a case of it being stolen like what happened with Supaidaman?
>>
File: the end.png (621KB, 634x477px) Image search: [Google]
the end.png
621KB, 634x477px
hay guiz what's goin on in this thread
>>
File: Shatterhand.jpg (41KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Shatterhand.jpg
41KB, 1280x720px
It's a shame we never got an English release of Solbrain as Shatterhand in the US.
The video game was good.
>>
>>15016264
Nice to see that preparations are complete now, but how will this affect the release methods? Also, I hope you're ready for Miyashita's first wild ride.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>
File: UlocP.jpg (120KB, 720x544px) Image search: [Google]
UlocP.jpg
120KB, 720x544px
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.