[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

seriously though did he really mean this fucking autism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

seriously though did he really mean this fucking autism
>>
>>14986823
char is an asshole and says a lot of shit
>>
I think he meant that he was always fighting for himself
>>
File: betrayed.jpg (46KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
betrayed.jpg
46KB, 480x480px
>>14986823
One of either two things happened:

Tomino and the writers were were trying to retcon Char with a noble disposition as a character which comes off as lazy and bad on the part of the writers.

OR

Char was written intelligently as a character that is so dead set on his ideals that he takes no responsibility for his actions of malice.
>>
>>14986823
Char was never on the Zabi side, too bad for them to believe he was loyal but in his head, he couldn't betray people he swore to kill (in his head).

But then having just watched this, it also felt like he couldn't stand Haman and it was basically a kid play of "no YOU're the one who is wrong nanana".
>>
Tomino is a bad writer.
>>
For those who just like memeing and don't like watching here is roughly the context:
The Argama bunch are introduced to Mineva. Haman goads Char into talking to her ("Guy with the glasses, step forward").
Mineva is like "I know you":
Char is like "You remember what happened when you were two?".
She gets confused, looks to Haman and starts reciting " Thank you for your reconnaissance work. Lend us a hand in reviving the Zabi family and bringing Zeon to it's former glory etc.etc."
during which rant Char loses it and physically assaults Haman.
After everyone gets locked up Char runs away and while Wong is like "Don't worry. He has a plan how to get us out of here." Char storms off after Haman and is like:
"I'll be having your life"
and this exchange follows:
"It's treason then?"
”I am not betraying you at all in the first place."
"I sent you on this recon mission because of your good work in the OYW and this is how you repay me."
to which he makes a now-you've-gone-and-done-it face and points his gun at her.

Here is the proverbial line:
Moto moto, watashi wa uragiri wa issai shiteinai yo, Haman.
"moto moto" being "from the start", "issai" being "at all"
Since the implied object in Haman's sentence is "us" (me?) it stands to reason that the implied object in Char's sentence would be "you".
"betray" is used in it's continuous form (shiteinai).
The whole thing could translate to "I was not with you to begin with."

From the context you can conclude that they are talking about their current situation. She is implying that he still owes them something, while he believes he made it clear he wants nothing to do with them and their schemes years ago.
From Haman's consistently smug behaviour you could deduce that she on one hand means to spite him as a punishment for leaving her (she succeeds), and on the other hopes that if she shows her dominance by being obnoxious he might be intimidated and join her (she fails).
Poor girl never realized he prefers submissive women.
>>
He wasn't loyal to anyone other than himself and possibly Sayla.
>>
>>14987580
>"It's treason then?"
Wow wait... when does Haman spins in all that?

Nice post though.
>>
>>14986823
How can you betray someone you were never truly with?
>>
File: 1479970585982.jpg (64KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1479970585982.jpg
64KB, 720x480px
>>
>>14986823
How can you be so retarded?
Everyone Char "betrayed" at that point was his enemy. None of them were ever his friend. You can only betray your friends. As far as Char was concerned, he was taking out his enemies. Zeon scum, or anyone who was a risk to him taking out more Zeon scum. There is no way in hell he would think "Boy I sure do betray a lot of people"

lol bad writing xD
Tomino writes some fucking nonsense, and some objectively terrible shit, but this line isn't one of them. Do you seriously think it would make more sense for him to say "Yes I betray people all the time."?

The only person Char ever genuinely cares for is Lalah, and even his interest in her was selfish until he grew to love her.
>>
>>14986823
cool mouth, does it talk with dialogue?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.