[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why don't they ever get the same kind of love that Zeeks do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

File: tumblr_m44wmcaLqT1rt05b1o1_1280.png (820KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m44wmcaLqT1rt05b1o1_1280.png
820KB, 1280x800px
So why don't they ever get the same kind of love that Zeeks do?
>>
>>14986076

Because they're just an imitation of Zeon. Why go for the imitation when the real thing is right there, with more support and vitality.
>>
>>14986083
Zeon isn't space pirates
>>
>>14986115

Neither are the F91 Crossbone Vangaurd.

> But they have a vaguely piratey flag and are an unregistered military force, which means they're pirates

No, it means their flag looks kind piratey and that they're a militia, not that they're space pirates.
>>
>>14986128
Technically Pirates are just militias at sea
>>
>>14986147

Yes, and they're distinct by more than just being at sea, which technically isn't even true of the Crossbone Vanguard.
>>
>>14986076
Nobody loves Late UC enough.
>>
>>14986083
>Zeon
>fighting against perceived injustices against space colonies, and for spacenoid independence
>easily recognized by their mono-eye mobile suits and Nazi-esque stylings

>Crossbone Vanguard
>an aristocracy that rules Jupiter, and attempts to conquer space colonies and Earth via mass murder with robotic circular saws
>their trademark is their miniaturized mobile suits sporting next-generation Minovsky reactors that allow them to use beam shields, and old world French/Italian aristocracy stylings

How are they even similar to each other, outside of the fact that they're both the side that gets defeated by the Gundam?
>>
>>14986170
To be honest, Late UC might as well be an AU.
>>
>>14986076

Because NOT MUH OYW
>>
>>14986219
You try imply Zeon were styled after nazis, but the crossbone vangard were totally different, but it's the crossbone vanguard who get scenes made of literal copypasted scenes of the nazis rise to power. They traced the photos from WWII.

>how are they even similar
I don't think that you even fully believe yourself that there are no similarities.
>>
>>14986219

> fighting against perceived injustices against space colonies, and for spacenoid independence

Why are you saying this like it's true? Zeon was in reality a group of faux nobles fighting to take over the entire Earthspere. Road's noblesse oblige comes across about as genuine as the Zabi's apparent goals too. They used rhetoric about more selfless goals on occasion, but we as a viewer are never left under any delusion that it's true. And where the Crossbone Vanguard used Bugs, Zeon just used gas and dropped colonies. Both groups also had pretty obvious Nazi influence as >>14986237 said.
>>
>>14986076

Because much like the news report says in the movie, they're basically like a drunk starting shit in a bar and you just need to wait for it to blow over, not an army. And that's just what happens.
>>
>>14986258
>but we as a viewer are never left under any delusion that it's true.
Elaborate?
>And where the Crossbone Vanguard used Bugs
Iron Mask did, and it's a secret project.
> Zeon just used gas and dropped colonies.
To defeat the corrupted EF.
>>
>>14986237
>They traced the photos from WWII.
Source?
>>
>>14986291
Are you the same anon from the Mashymere thread
>>
>>14986318
Indeed.

Stop having your damn prejudice for every damn spacenoid movement.

Unless it's the precious AEUG, which is just EF's controlled opposition.
>>
File: Berga Giros stab.jpg (93KB, 688x528px) Image search: [Google]
Berga Giros stab.jpg
93KB, 688x528px
>>14986076

They weren't the first, or second antagonist faction. I think their look is iconic, both MS and uniforms. The Shot Lancer definitely, their goal wasn't really thoroughly expanded on and things don't really end with Iron Mask's death. They do get some love when its literally not the Crossbone Vanguard anymore but Cecily's pirate crew.

I think a lack of memorable members doesn't help, Zabine like his faction didn't have very well defined ambitions but he had them apparently.
>>
>>14986291

Elaborate on what? We see repeatedly that the various Zabis have no real interest in Zeon as a spacenoid independence movement and are more interested in familial power struggles and becoming the new status quo instead of the EF.

Also, Iron Mask wasn't in charge of the Crossbone Vanguard. He couldn't have commissioned the Bugs without someone higher up knowing. People below him might not know, but people above him certainly would have, since they'd need to sign off on it and all.
>>
>>14986374
>Elaborate on what? We see repeatedly that the various Zabis have no real interest in Zeon as a spacenoid independence movement and are more interested in familial power struggles and becoming the new status quo instead of the EF.
There are only two Zabi who are corrupted by power, that is Gihren and Kycillia, the other Zabi are fine as fuck and garma would have been perfect as Augustus and Dolze his Agrippa.
>Also, Iron Mask wasn't in charge of the Crossbone Vanguard.
Iron Mask leads the Crossbone Vanguard, which is the Vanguard of Cosmo Babylonia.
>>
>>14986291
>Iron Mask did, and it's a secret project.

Iron Mask literally says that he was ordered to unleash the Bugs, which means the higher ups of CV had to know. The only one who says otherwise is Zabine, and Zabine is a nobody.

>To defeat the corrupted EF.
>It's ok to murder billions of Spacenoids for the goal of liberating Spacenoids

Just the kind of logic one expects from a retard who thinks that warlordism is the best form of government.
>>
>>14986396
>Iron Mask literally says that he was ordered to unleash the Bugs, which means the higher ups of CV had to know. The only one who says otherwise is Zabine, and Zabine is a nobody.
I don't remember this, I might have to rewatch F91.
>It's ok to murder billions of Spacenoids for the goal of liberating Spacenoids
Yes, it's ok to use these billion spacenoids to liberate billions more of spacenoids.
>>
>>14986388

Saying only half the Zabi kids aren't corrupt isn't really reassuring and doesn't mean the other half isn't corrupt. It's especially not reassuring when the corrupted half are the ones in charge. You are right about the Crossbone Vanguard though, since I'd forgotten about the distinction between them and Cosmo Babylonia. He still had superiors who'd need to sign off on whatever he was doing though. Unless you're suggesting he had so little oversight that he could design and mass produce genocide machines. Which is just as much an indictment of Cosmo Babylonia through negligence as knowing about it is through intent.
>>
>>14986404
>Yes, it's ok to use these billion spacenoids to liberate billions more of spacenoids.

Zeon blew up 3 Sides and killed the majority of Spacenoids, you idiot.
>>
>>14986422
>Saying only half the Zabi kids aren't corrupt isn't really reassuring and doesn't mean the other half isn't corrupt.
As a viewer, I trust Garma, Dolze and Minerva more than any EF officials. These guys would usher a supreme galactic empire that would expand well over Jupiter.
>Unless you're suggesting he had so little oversight that he could design and mass produce genocide machines.
There aren't a lot of bugs, it's just a way to test things out and it's an inefficient killing machine.
>>
>>14986432
Didn't they kill half of humanity?
>>
File: Gundam0364.png (116KB, 589x494px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam0364.png
116KB, 589x494px
>>14986441
Yeah, and most of that half were fellow Spacenoids, putting paid to the nonsense that they were fighting for 'Spacenoid independence'.
>>
>>14986434

Mineva was a literal baby in 0079. We also never see any EF officials. It's not hard to trust someone with a face over faceless entities. Though I'd think it slightly harder to trust people who never show any political ability like either Garma or Dozle. Them being nice military commanders doesn't make them good politicians or leaders, since they're two separate disciplines. There's some overlap, but nothing Garma or Dozle do indicate them as having those shared skills. Also, there were enough bugs to decimate a colony at the least. That might not be full production, but it's enough that someone should have noticed and it's enough to call them either callous or ignorant of their own organisation even if Iron Mask really did manage to manufacture them completely in secret.
>>
>>14986463
There's still half of humanity still worth fighting for, brah.
>>
>>14986477
The EF is a faceless organization of rich people doing shit nobody know.

Garma and Dolze believe in spacenoid independence and fought for a good cause, they are not politicians which make them even better.

>That might not be full production, but it's enough that someone should have noticed and it's enough to call them either callous or ignorant of their own organisation even if Iron Mask really did manage to manufacture them completely in secret.
It's entirely possible Iron Mask and his supporters built them in secret.
>>
>>14986486

It doesn't matter how f they did build them in secret is my point, since it means the organisation they are part of is so badly run that someone can at least partly mass produce genocide machines using their resources without them knowing. Which is a bad thing on it's own. Also, giving almost sole power of state to people underprepared for it generally doesn't work our well. Actually, we could just amend that to giving almost sole power to anyone generally doesn't work out well, prepared or not.
>>
>>14986504
Every organization have its secrets, and I'm gonna defend that.

I do not expect perfect organization.
>>
>>14986504
>Also, giving almost sole power of state to people underprepared for it generally doesn't work our well.
There is no peaceful state.
>Actually, we could just amend that to giving almost sole power to anyone generally doesn't work out well, prepared or not.
Democracies are even worse, because it's just slow kill.
>>
>>14986510

Genocide machines is a hell of a secret to just brush aside as one of those things that can't be helped.

>>14986517

Everything is slow kill. Democracies and big government are responsible for almost every technology you could name though, since the environment they provide fosters innovation and freedom of thought far more than any authoritarian government does.
>>
>>14986534
>Genocide machines is a hell of a secret to just brush aside as one of those things that can't be helped.
They are easier as shit to make, as well as being in very little numbers. If Iron mask can make secret prototypes, sure he can make bugs.
>Everything is slow kill. Democracies and big government are responsible for almost every technology you could name though, since the environment they provide fosters innovation and freedom of thought far more than any authoritarian government does.
I have no desire for technology meant to control people, people now are objectively less free and more dependent on the government than 50s ago or 100 years ago, when people still live off the land instead of urban supermarket.
>>
>>14986556
>I have no desire for technology meant to control people, people now are objectively less free and more dependent on the government than 50s ago or 100 years ago, when people still live off the land instead of urban supermarket.
yeah but now we don't die of polio and can argue about stupid shit with strangers around the world
fuck farming
if I had to farm I wouldn't have time for online stuff
>>
>>14986578
OK, whatever, bro.

I'm off.

This idle chatter is mind cancer.
>>
>>14986556

His "little number" wiped out a colony. And did it in short order. And despite you're assertion of simplicity, they show a lot of sophisticated autonomy for a UC machine, so I wouldn't be taking them as simple despite their relatively small size either. Most technology also isn't meant to or capable of controlling people. Some is. Most aren't. Trading away the stuff you do use, like the computer you're viewing this on out of fear of what might happen is pretty silly. People also aren't objectively less free now than any number of decades or centuries ago you want to mention by the way, since any difference in dietary need is at least tied to a difference in martial and social obligation in most countries. Not to mention that "but supermarkets" is probably the lamest argument for government control I've ever seen.
>>
>>14986556
>Goes on an anti-technology rant while using a computer and posting on an internet message board

Why the fuck are you even here, you retard?
>>
File: modernnotion.jpg (157KB, 750x479px) Image search: [Google]
modernnotion.jpg
157KB, 750x479px
>>14986296
F91? Watch the scenes where they're marching and it's obvious. Here's one of the images they copy.
>>
>>14986556
>I have no desire for technology meant to control people, people now are objectively less free and more dependent on the government than 50s ago or 100 years ago, when people still live off the land instead of urban supermarket.
Extrapolating from there, that must mean people had even more freedom during feudal times! Next week, on Time Bokan 24...
>>
File: 1480300655564.jpg (144KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1480300655564.jpg
144KB, 1920x1040px
>>
File: 14c5520c.jpg (177KB, 1840x996px) Image search: [Google]
14c5520c.jpg
177KB, 1840x996px
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.