[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could Amuro in a Scope Dog beat Luke in Iron Man's Mk III?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

File: 958723645206345.jpg (39KB, 284x195px) Image search: [Google]
958723645206345.jpg
39KB, 284x195px
Could Amuro in a Scope Dog beat Luke in Iron Man's Mk III?
>>
doesn't luke have jewdough like powers or more? how can amuro bridge that much gap in NT power levels plus such an inferior machine difference?

amuro is good but Luke is a jedi ace pilot dude.
>>
>>14985307

If Luke has a lightsaber then he can beat a Scopedog even on his own I'd imagine since Scopedogs are pretty fragile. Giving him the Mk III is just over kill given that that's loaded with guns and missiles. Putting Amuro in an M9 or even the Arbalast seems more even, since it's big without being too big and has both offensive and defensive abilities that are pretty off beat in the magic thingy it uses, and that might stymy the Force, a lightsaber, repulsors and the full on flight the Mk III offers.
>>
Amuro's way too out space wizarded here. His mech also doesn't have a Psychoframe, Bio-Sensor, or anything to boost his abilities to help him compete. Luke in a landslide.
>>
>>14985311
Force-Users have always been superior to Newtypes so when when Luke is powerful enough to scare a guy like Sidious about him reaching his full potential, a guy who can force-choke Dooku from across the galaxy with line of sight communications, then yeah NTs are generally fucked.
>>
>>14985307
What's the point of this thread? You're putting a superhuman against what is effectively an ordinary human comparatively, and to boot you're giving the superhuman a super-powered-high-flyin'-lazor-shootin power suit against a machine that is canonically known both to be a walking coffin and to violently explode.
>>
>>14985385
then lets swap it. Luke gets the Scope Dog and Amuro gets the Iron Man.

who wins then? I still think luke cause he master space wizard.
>>
>>14985358

I was just trying to recall what we've actually seen each of them do for definite, in the actual movies/tv shows they've been involved in and without relying on Legends EU for Luke since that's where a lot of the over powered nature of him and the Force in general comes from. They've both sensed stuff from afar, talked to people over large distances using telepathy and used their particular brand of space magic to improve their piloting in a fairly natural feeling way, giving them greater perception to avoid incoming fire and aim by feel instead of relying on instruments. Amuro is probably the better at that aspect, if only because we see him do a lot more of it. Luke though uses the Force to enact super human movement and calls his lightsaber to him telekinetically on several occasions at the very least, so he probably has the over all edge. Amuro can move stuff telekinetically, but only specifically made stuff like funnels as far as I recall.

>>14985388

The Scopedog seems more like a handicap for Luke than a plus honestly, since while it can be a force multiplier, it's ground bound and doesn't allow him use of his light saber. He could probably make use of it's guns and speed I guess, but I'd imagine he'd be more frustrated at lack of agility/flight and light saber than anything honestly.

I guess it'd depend on whether a lightsaber can deflect repulsor beams as well as blaster bolts. It probably can, so he might be able to hit a repulsor beam back Amuro in the Mk III, but the ability to fly takes him out of Luke's range with or without the Scope dog really, so it's a hard match to call.
>>
>>14985307
>Iron Man
Amuro is fucked. Iron Mans suit is just too maneuverable and has an extra axis of movement.

>>14985388
Luke is fucked
>>
Luke holds the upper hand until Captain Picard intervenes in his Kamen Rider Black RX suit
>>
>>14985307
What about Luke in a core fighter and amuro in an x wing?
Genuinely curious about this one
>>
>>14985760
I feel like X-wing>Core Fighter and that they're nearly equal in piloting skill.
>>
>>14985778

The core fighter is a pretty shitty unit. The X-Wing is orders of magnitude faster, has beam blasters as well as missiles, a hyperdrive and bubble shields. The Core Fighter is unlikely to actually be capable of damaging it even if it could somehow negate the massive speed difference.
>>
>>14985307

luke is a literal superhuman, he wouldnt even need the armor
>>
>>14985778
If we're counting pre-Disney canon, Luke was able to fucking SURF on a wave of plasma with an XJ5 X-Wing and also barrel roll through literally thousands of alien starfighters trying to shoot him down.
>>
luke will shit all over him unless he's literally bound and gagged while hanging upside down over a lava pit and even then he might be able to pull a w
>>
File: Rx-93.jpg (174KB, 391x700px) Image search: [Google]
Rx-93.jpg
174KB, 391x700px
Make it a fair fight: Amuro in Nu vs. Luke in X-wing
>>
>>14985865

That's hardly fair. Luke and the X-Wing win easily, since it's faster, has continuous beam shields and can hyperdrive out of range if things are for some reason going badly despite the speed and defence advantages. The only possible advantage the Nu has is the psycoframe, and the chances of Amuro using it are slim to say the least. Even in CCA, he needed the concentrated will of dozens of pilots plus the feedback of the Sazabi's psycoframe, neither of which would be in play in such a scenario. Even more f you gave Amuro the V2, Wing or G-Self none of them would match the X-Wings speed, or really even come close to it.
>>
>>14985877
>V2 wouldn't match the X-Wing's speed
Its predecessor traveled from Earth to Jupiter in a week. It could keep up well enough, especially with Amuro piloting it.
>>
>>14985877
The X Wing is less agile though. It dives and turns like a WW2 fighter, whilst the Nu can use verniers to zip about. Also he can attack from multiple angles via funnerus.
>>
>>14985910

The V2 doesn't display anything like that kind of speed in the show. Even if it did I'm not sure that's actually enough considering the X-Wing can travel from a standing start to another planet (or the Death Star) in minutes.

>>14985922

So what? That's not gonna matter if it can never even hope to catch up and enough a multi vector attack would just ping of its bubble energy shield if it somehow did get an attack in. The X-Wing's shields don't have to be directed or raised, they're just always there, always on.
>>
>>14985932
How durable are the bubble energy shields?
We see other X-wings in the death star trench run get taken down in a few shots.
>>
>>14985939

Most of them are shot down from behind because their energy shields are directed forward to help tank trench runs and the inevitable turret fire that entails. They're at least durable enough to soak up blaster bolts from within their own setting though. I can't remember if any missiles are ever taken in the films. And I can't see them failing against Gundam blasts if they work on their own, even assuming the two are equivalent. It's rather a moot point given the massive speed difference though.
>>
>>14985430
> Amuro can move stuff telekinetically, but only specifically made stuff like funnels as far as I recall.

That's... incredibly inaccurate. Newtypes do not move funnels with their minds. They move mechanically via newtonian physics. The control scheme is space wizardry. Luke has space-wizarded unguided ordinance to its target with 90 degree turns.
>>
>>14986002

Yea, that sounds like a better description of funnels. I don't think Luke used the force to turn the missile though - only to aim it. Biggs nearly made the same shot with a normal guidance system, and the Rebel leaders seemed to think it was possible for a missile to make that turn regardless. Him doing so doesn't really jibe with Obi-Wan's words either, since he urged Luke to let the force guide him and the shot, not to reach out and guide the missile itself. He can and does telekinetically move his light saber and Vader moves other items in Bespin to over whelm Luke, but I don't think it was true at the climax of A New Hope.
>>
>>14985910
I was always under the impression that V2's speed was that it would go fast enough eventually if you gave it enough time to build momentum, not it that goes fast all the time.
>>
File: 1479563103040.jpg (769KB, 1200x1686px) Image search: [Google]
1479563103040.jpg
769KB, 1200x1686px
>>
>>14985307
Amuro would lose even in the Hi-Nu with the psycoframe in full effect.

But Max wouldn't. Unless Luke is in an advanced VF, then the tech gap would be too great.
>>
>>14986661

Max would need to be in an advanced VF himself, at least his VF-22 Sturmvogel, because the VF-1 sure as shit ain't going to be fast enough. And honestly, I doubt even the VF-22 is fast enough, since even empty it's only 13:1. It's not until the VF-27 that thrust really gets up there.
>>
File: char.gif (45KB, 310x233px) Image search: [Google]
char.gif
45KB, 310x233px
>>
>>14986688
>VF-27
The VF-25 can hit similar levels of acceleration once you slap on a super/tornado pack.
>>
File: 1279675432766.jpg (17KB, 231x311px) Image search: [Google]
1279675432766.jpg
17KB, 231x311px
>>14985910
no
>>
>>14985958

As the person who made that post I was checking Youtube clips of the Battles of Yavin IV, Endor, Coruscant and Starkiller Base, the Millenium Falcon's escape of Tattoine along with some space battles from Clone Wars and I don't actually see deflector shields in evidence in any of them visually. Not even on capital ships. They talk about them constantly, from one of the team leaders in the trench run advising that the pilots put deflector shields double forward to help with the turret fire from the Death Star, Han talking about how the Falcon's deflector shields are taking a beating from Imps when they're fleeing Tattoine in A New Hope, Imperial commanders talking about how they don't want anything getting through deflector shields/screens (the in-universe name for the energy shielding) - they're just never visually indicated in any manner. Which is strange as fuck. Am I just not seeing them or what?
>>
>>14988109
They're briefly visible in Phantom Menace when Anakin goes inside the droid ship..
>>
>>14986002
>Luke has space-wizarded unguided ordinance to its target with 90 degree turns.

I don't think that was Luke, though. The terrorists thought that the other Rogue members would have been able to make that shot.
>>
>>14988941

If you mean as ray shielding to keep oxygen in on open cargo bays and such then I think we see the same on the Death Star at least, and possibly other places too. There's definitely instances of it in animation.
>>
>>14989088
No. Go watch the end of Phantom Menace again.
>>
How about Amuro in Hi-Nu vs a Hi-Nu sized Luke?
>>
Is Luke really that strong? He got his shit pushed in by Sheev.
>>
>>14989137
Lots of people got their shit pushed in by Sheev.
>>
File: Untitled-34.jpg (86KB, 690x463px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-34.jpg
86KB, 690x463px
>>14985877
You`re forgetting the part where MS beat fighters very efficiently,due to a little something called FUCKING AMBAC! SERIOUSLY FOR FUCK`S SAKE MS ARE AND WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER THAN GAY FIGHTERS. AND THEN THEN NU ALSO HAS FUCKING FUNNELS. YOU SICKEN ME FOR ASSUMING SOME GAY ASS FLIER CAN ACTUALLY FIGHT A MOBILE SUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: 1388119725267.gif (660KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1388119725267.gif
660KB, 320x180px
>>14989208
Fighters in UC are not remotely comparable to those in Star Wars.
>>
>>14989208
lol no
>>
>>14989110

Oh yea, that's definitely snubfighter shielding. Strange that depictions of it are so rare while mentions of it abound though.

>>14989137

In the actual movies? Not really. He's a good pilot and shows some superhuman movement, but it's pretty limited and he doesn't come across as undefeatable by any measure. It's in the old EU that he's really wanked off. The Force Awakens looks like it's taking some inspiration regarding what the Force can do from the old EU though, so Episode VIII may make him a beast again.

As is, I'd probably still put him above Amuro, but only by a bit and it's still be a struggle. The contest between the Nu /Hi-Nu and an X-Wing is incontestably in the X-Wing's favor in my opinion though, simply because the speed of the X-Wing is so far out of it's range.

>>14989208

I'm not forgetting, I just don't think it matters. Putting aside that mobile suits rarely actually make use of AMBAC and mostly just move however they want because it's easier to animate, the difference in speed is just to huge for agility or multi-vector attacks to make a difference. A MS needs a carrier to travel any great distance, and even in a carrier it takes like a week to get from a Side to Earth. The X-Wing can make that journey solo in about 2 minutes. X-Wings took off from a Moon of Yavin IV and reached the Death Star in a couple of minutes in A New Hope. We know they did because we can see the timer for how long the Death Star is going to take to come around the curvature of the planet and have visual range. And Star Wars snubfighters do that repeatedly, taking off from a surface and reaching deep space in what's implied to be seconds or minutes.

The only way to counter that kind of speed is with good enough targetting. Which UC machines explicitly do no have, because their technology is built around an assumption of minovsky tech. And while Amuro can use newtype senses to aim, Luke can use the Force to avoid, so that becomes a wash regardless.
>>
Depends on how strong we're taking the force to be.

https://youtu.be/mj07qh51zPI
>>
>>14989282

I love that cartoon and the depiction of the Force in it is cool, but it doesn't jibe with the movies or even a lot of the EU at all. The Force is a lot more restrained in the movies so I'd go with that personally, even if The Force Awakens was a bit looser with it than other movies given how easily Rey picked up a lot of Force things.
>>
>>14989299
Well to be fair 2003 clone wars isn't canon at all anymore. I still love it though. Shit was cool watching in shorts on toonami as a kid.
>>
>>14989308
>lightsabers acting like baseball bats
>over stylized action
>grunts blowing up tanks with pistols
Outside of the space sequences and some of the duels, the micro series was boring.
>>
>>14989308

Yea, it was kind of a dick move on Lucas' part towards Genndy though. Still, those shorts are great to watch regardless so it hardly matters I suppose.
>>
>>14989274
I`m sorry for erupting like that,but still. Amuro in the Nu can very well become aware of Luke`s speed advantage and negate it with good dodging with the Gundam via way of mind-to-machine control with the Psycoframe. And let`s not forget that the fighters go quickly to places,not so much because they are actually fast,but because they have hyperdrives. Which,at least I assume are what makes combat over such long distances possible. And besides I think that MS can and do travel long distances by themselves,it`s just that they tend not to do so,due to the fact that being carried around and deployed is more fuel efficeient and logistically sound. Also you`re forgetting the part where Amuro can just funnel-spam Luke to death via the element of surprise.
>>
>>14989392

He can dodge all he wants, he's still not going to be able to hit something that's capable of travelling hundreds of times faster than he can. And no, they don't just go quickly because they have hyperdrives. They have those too, but they're used to travel quickly between systems. It's never suggested or shown as something that helps them go from a planet's surface to beyond a planet's atmosphere. It wouldn't even make sense to use it for that. Never mind that TIE fighters do the same stuff (there's a pair that chase the Falcon when it does it), but don't have hyperdrive. Hyper drive also doesn't make combat over distance possible, at least in a direct sense. It can get a unit with a hyper drive someplace so that it can enter combat, but doesn't allow combat over multiple AUs for instance.

Also, name a single time in animation a UC unit has travelled that kind of distance on it's own. Not even at that kind of speed, just that kind of distance. The [Q]ant did. The Wing and Wing Zero did. The Freedom did. Nothing in UC ever has though.

By the way, suggesting funnel spam is pretty silly since you're acting like you can funnel spam surprise a fucking Jedi. He can no more do it than Luke could. Because they both have extra sensory powers that prevent it being a likely outcome. And yes, Luke has shown anticipation of attacks from Vader and others using the Force before.
>>
>>14985307
Could a colony drop beat Luke?
>>
>>14989413
Where are you getting the numbers for how much faster the X-wing's sublight engines are than a Gundam?
>>
>>14989932

From looking at things regularly accomplished in the movies and animation and comparing time since there's a countdown active in one particular scene as it happens (as the Death Star approaches Yavin IV and the X-Wings launch to intercept it). Which I'd have thought clear, given I've mentioned it several times.
>>
>>14985307

luke would beat amuro in every situation they were facing off against each other as equals.
He's basically a newtype+
>>
>>14989413
Doesn't really matter how fast you're going if you're going in a straight line.
X-Wings lack the ability to move freely like MS do making them easier picking than a Zaku.

Plus Amuro is a skilled pilot who's taken out MS far more advanced and threatening than his own.
>>
>>14990076

Actually, it doesn't. Because if you're going fast enough you'll have plenty of warning to avoid any shots of even just not have to worry about them at all. Never mind that Luke gas the same extra sensor powers as Amuro and there's no reason why a simple flurry of shots would hit him in the first place. Or that X-Wings generally don't just travel in straight lines. They don't have a mobile suits agility, but let's not pretend they just travel in straight lines and have no agility either.
>>
CCA Amuro and ROTJ Luke would reach UNDERSTANDING long before the first punch has a chance to be thrown; They'd end up bro as fuck. Earlier versions of both characters might have more trouble though.
>>
>>14990076
Actually, going super fast means there's less time for for weapons systems to lock on and deliver enough firepower to take it out.

That's one of the reasons why the latest anti-capital ship missiles are dangerous to navies that operate carriers and whatnot. Even with automatic CIWS systems and radar guided gun tracking, we're talking intercept times lasting mere seconds from the time that it is detected and to when it will have already reached its target. That's why CIWS exists in the first place, there's not even time for a commanding officer to give orders to intercept or for a manually operated gun system to shoot down incoming ordinance, only a computer can react that fast. Newtype/Jedi precognition is one thing, but it's not like every newtype can't ever be shot down because they always have the time or room to react to everything.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.