[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gunpla/Plamo General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9

File: 73597410.jpg (104KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
73597410.jpg
104KB, 500x281px
***READ THE GUIDE***

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1Tr8UyF2Xg5Ojqw0sxcO7oIG7IIsJPes3lMO5pHZKu5o

***READ THE GUIDE***

For those new to gunpla/plamo or even just new to this thread; please read the guide. Please read it before asking questions, as there is a chance it has already been answered there.
For those unfamiliar, "plamo" is a shortened form of "plastic model". If it's made of plastic, someone can probably help you here!
If you're new, you're gonna fuck up. Don't worry! If you're experienced, don't make the new people worry!
>Why won't anyone answer my question?
Try being specific, especially about your materials and process. Post pictures whenever possible; even if the kit/part looks bad, you are more likely to get help posting pictures.

>Links
A guide to other types of plamo:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/1vf1aw7v91pz5pa/Airfix%20Model%20World%20Specia%20-By-Step
Kawaguchi Gunpla tips:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJV1h9xQ7Hx-SoCOivVEHNDOl16VWLB3A
Gundam Lineart:
http://seesaawiki.jp/nuriesozai/lite/d/MenuBar1
https://gundma.imgur.com/
Another gunpla guide:
http://funakatown.com/images/Building_Gunpla_Final.pdf

November restock:
http://bandai-hobby.net/site/schedule_images/nouhin.pdf

>IRC Channel
>Server
Rizon
>Channel
#gunpla

Previous Thread >>14978812
>>
File: grazeoff.jpg (376KB, 900x597px) Image search: [Google]
grazeoff.jpg
376KB, 900x597px
***Graze Group Build***
Rules:
Pick any 1/144 or 1/100 kit from the Graze family (Pic Related), and paint and customize it. As far as customizing it, I'm going to place a limit on that. The limit is 50% additions to the kit.
To define 50%, look at it like this, you could take a Graze Ritter and replace the arms (including shoulders), legs, and backpack and I'd call that 50%. I'm not counting handheld bits in that. If you're unsure of something please ask in IRC, the thread, or email.

Start Date: 12/1/16
Due Date: 2/1/17
Submissions go to
[email protected]
Submission format
Please submit photos in jpg via a compressed file (zip, rar, or 7zip), please don't link images to imgur or photobucket or the like. Please also include some WIP photos of the kits being constructed/painted/etc as validation that it's your custom.
>>
>>14983671
>start date
>12th of January 2016

So this group build is a year long one?
>>
What is the abc shroud
>>
File: item_0000001095_01.jpg (112KB, 500x403px) Image search: [Google]
item_0000001095_01.jpg
112KB, 500x403px
>>14983744
No idea, brother. Robo Damashiis have interesting blends of paints, its more or less the same with the Gadessa I have.

Also its quite the honor to have one of the pics I took with my crappy PSP Vita camera be featured in the OP.
>>
File: image.jpg (109KB, 749x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109KB, 749x1000px
I want to make a kit of a GM but with cute Nobel Gundam proportions, like pic related, but don't want to buy the kits unless I know it'll work.

Anyone know if the classic HGUC GM's chest vents and head would be small enough to fit decently onto the Nobel?
If not that, what about the GM command/cold districts?
>>
>>14983818
So you want to make a girl GM? That would basically involve taking the parts from the Nobel and UC-ifying them. If you're not at the point where you can make it look good regardless of it fitting chances are this might not be easy. Also check Dalong for model comparisons, they have direct size related to a cigarette box and from there by mixing photos you can check.
>>
File: timbs.jpg (122KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
timbs.jpg
122KB, 600x800px
what's your favorite kit you've ever built?
>>
What's a good dom kit? I built the dom test type and loved it and I want another dom. I'd prefer a mg and it doesn't have to be a basic dom
>>
Y'all niggas is posting in a snapfag thread.

Real new thread when?
>>
File: 1461532567489.jpg (22KB, 286x286px) Image search: [Google]
1461532567489.jpg
22KB, 286x286px
>>14983671
About the customization limit, how would some pla plate additions count towards the limit?
>>
>>14983825
Looked at both kits on Dalong, the head seems to be the right size.
Modifying/scratch building pieces isn't much of a problem, I've built some pieces from pla-plate and clay before, the Nobel is already so close to the RX-78, and the GM so simple it shouldn't be that hard, but I can't scratchbuild a GM's clear visor.
I mainly needed to make sure the head wouldn't be ridiculously oversized, and it isn't.

Thanks anon!

>>14983844
I don't have it yet but from reviews the HGUC Dom/Rick Dom seems fairly nice compared to other 0079 kits, a surprising amount of articulation and a good monoeye, I ordered one to modify it's proportions and paint early next year.
>>
>>14983850
who gives a fuck anymore other than autists like you
>>
>>14983868
Mind showing some of those pieces and explaining the process, tools, etc? Just starting to be a scratchbuilder. I've got some styrene sheets and epoxy putty.
>>
>>14983818
just build the GN archer
>>
File: 1285798811436.jpg (23KB, 525x481px) Image search: [Google]
1285798811436.jpg
23KB, 525x481px
>>14983874
>>
>>14983828
Either the Strike IWSP or the GP04 Gerbera.
>>
File: IMG_1171.jpg (211KB, 640x1032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1171.jpg
211KB, 640x1032px
I like how they made the 1/144 rapier blades for gundam vidar. You can simply make them usable individually simply by cutting the connectors
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1936x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1936x1936px
>>14983883
I haven't done a whole lot, mainly just little things for fun, from left to right:
- An alternate muzzle brake on for the ground gundam's cannon, because I broke the original one, built from five small pieces of 1mm pla-plate, sanded into symmetrical shape and holes made with a small hand drill.
- Beginnings of a torso for my own mech design, pieces cut/sanded into shape, achieved decent symmetry by very lightly glueing left and right pieces together and making sure all the edges were even, then breaking them apart to be glued to the middle pieces, gaps were filled with clay(which also helped with further symmetry refinements), and I painted over it in black to look for edges and cracks that needed to be sanded to get a smooth surface, still needs a lot of work.
- Torso of a Garma's zaku I've been occasionally messing about with for months, used 1mm plaplate along with clay to make the sides of the torso bulkier and not round, reminiscent of the Zaku FZ.
- Tiny gun mantlet for a 1/76 Sherman tank, gray part is original piece, still not finished.
- simple zaku commander fin above that
- a couple of simple swords made for fun, 1mm pla-plate for blades and hilts, made the edges by putting sandpaper on a table and grinding the pieces into it for awhile, lower one's hilt wrapped in masking tape. The upper one could definately have been a bit less rough and the paint on both looks like shit.
- Giant gouf style sword, blade is two 1mm thick pieces glued together and ground into shape, guard is 3mm thick, handle texture made by wrapping it in wire, damage to blade just made by cutting out chunks with an exacto knife.

Supplies and tools I used were 1mm pla-plate, modeling clay, super glue, a dull hobby knife, a hand drill, sandpaper, and a nail file.

Hope this helps you.

>>14983891
That's not a GM tho
I prefer glorious UC suits, not 00 trash.
>>
>>14984005
the bad part is that it won't have much use until gunpla battle becomes real
>>
>>14984031
You can use them as makeshift toothpick when applying stickers pr decals
>>
>>14983670
Stop encouraging potatocam
>>
>>14983828
The O

but Ima get it soon
>>
I'm going to make a concerted effort to finish building the gunpla I've had sitting around for a long time, I think the main issue is that I don't have a good space to work in.

Currently I've got a cutting board on a dinner tray that I pull out and slap on my desk when I want to do some building, but it's really not ideal, is there any portable work station someone can recommend? I want a comfy and decent sized space to work on that I can easily put away when I want to use the desk for other things.
>>
>>14984517
Your taste is shit.
>>
RX-78-2 The origin or 2.0, which is better?
>>
>>14984533
Personally the Origin because you get a few more pieces with it.
>>
>>14984005
I'm going to be really disappointed if the Vidar can't launch the rapier blades a la Silver Chariot.
>>
>>14984549
Get a better camera.

Ever heard of panel lining? How about topcoat?
>>
Better, non kun thread
>>14984572
>>14984572
>>14984572
>>
>>14984549
>2016
>Makes fotos with a lower quality than even IS fighters
Git gud
>>
>>14984549
I do it every night anon, don't need to even ask.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.