[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can any Brits tell me if this is any good? https://youtu.be/Z7GFU5ncKhU

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_2242.jpg (272KB, 500x658px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2242.jpg
272KB, 500x658px
Can any Brits tell me if this is any good?

https://youtu.be/Z7GFU5ncKhU
>>
>>14983521
It's alright from what I remember. Has that typical 70s Speed Racer style dubbing. Isn't Discotek releasing this subbed as the original X-Bomber?
>>
>>14983521
Forgotten go Nagai robot
>>
File: scream.gif (929KB, 264x320px) Image search: [Google]
scream.gif
929KB, 264x320px
>>14983521
>SUDDENLY 80s HAIR BAND GUY APPEARS FROM A STAR
>>
>>14983521
It seemed fine from what I watched. It's a dub of X-Bomber which involved Go Nagai in production.
>>
>>14983662
I thought they were only releasing the dub, it's not very clear.
https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/742051495168856066
>>
>>14983521
It's pretty cool. Don't expect Thunderbolt Fantasy for the rod puppets or anything, more of a lower-budget Supermarionation.
But still, cool scifi stuff with spaceships and robots and stuff.
The dub isn't so hot. Not as sharply written as Monkey. I've read they mashed the last couple of eps into one like how they handled the ending of Sailor Moon (first series end where they die).
Also they mispronounce the lead's name. "Shiro" is pronounce "Shy Row", like a bashful means of propelling a boat. I can deal with it but I could see how some people couldn't.

Definitely worth checking out, though.
>>
>>14983521

And after X-bomber we badly need San Ku Kai Japan's TV answer to america's Star Wars. You've got the monkey man (Chewbacca), R2D2 and C3PO mixed into one funny looking robot, Han and Luke (but in this version they can trasform into samurai warriors and take on the bad guys). There is even a copy of the millenium falcon. The bad guys have ships and uniforms that look a lot like spiders and the only bit of originality is the space galeon (that harbours some kind of divine messeger, obviously a Leia-like figure). The show was written by Ishinomori.
It's still a very low budget tv science fiction series but it's better than X-bomber. Everything is fucking better than X-bomber though.
>>
File: Bryger.png (230KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Bryger.png
230KB, 640x480px
>>14984335
It's Brian May.
You may know him for the Rise of the Robots soundtrack, and he played in some obscure band from time to time.
>>
>>
>>14984816
one of the people playing on that is Eddie Van Halen
he was in some band
AC/DC I think
>>
>>
File: fcfa269d.jpg (286KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
fcfa269d.jpg
286KB, 1024x768px
>>
>>14984512
> The show was written by Ishinomori.
It was not. He barely made a few designs for it.
>>
>>14984478
All hope would be lost if it was a company other than Discotek.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.