[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Death Stranding - Hideo Kojima

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

File: image.png (959KB, 1437x2735px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
959KB, 1437x2735px
I said I'll be back and here I am. For those that don't know me, I'm the man on Del Toro's team that leaked stuff on Death Stranding on /v/ before (we are responsible as creatives to help Kojima). To recap from my first post, all the information from cast to story to features are presented in the picture
>>
File: joostie.jpg (65KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
joostie.jpg
65KB, 540x540px
No Joost, no buy
>>
>>14982661
To sum it up, right before TGS, I said the following which got confirmed by the man himself from tweets and reports

>Game design taken from West World & Predator, story influenced by Time Wanderers & Shutter Island

>Late 2018 release near Christmas

>Mikkelsen, Durand; Del Toro and us involved

>Open World and community based multiplayer like PT

>Casting was still underway

Among other things listed in that pic got confirmed.

Yesterday I promised to make another thread since I didn't take everyone's Q+A. https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/359236786/#359242778

>>14982664
Sorry
>>
No ending, no buy
>>
>>14982661
So why are you in /m/
>>
File: image.jpg (195KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
195KB, 1200x600px
>>14982669
In yesterday's thread, I tackled the following

>The role of Eve, Norman's rival and love interest, had been casted down to two people. Gillian Anderson & Blake Lively. Unfortunately, he chose Blake (we recommended both, I personally would have liked Gillian). We turned down suggestions from Kojima like Godot and Eva Green to not break the budget and Donna Burke as well as Ms. Joosten as they weren't great choices.

>Eve is intended to be modeled after Bionic Woman (Wagner turned the role down but they went with it) as well as Lady Armaroid/Royale Sisters of Cobra animated series

>Ryan Gosling finally agreed to join the cast

>Idris Elba will be playing a supporting role for Norman Reedus

>We didn't choose Benedict Cumberbatch in the end, as he wasn't interested and had creative differences. That and he was too much for the budget. We then came to agree on Ryan Reynolds

>The enemy force has a very strong parallel to Nazis. To be frank with all of you, it was originally intended to be Nazis. We had to convince Kojima for a very long period to drop Nazi imagery and references; as that would surely have had the game canned (Kojima has had issues with Sony on this issue). While we did end up convincing him, the design on the enemies are obvious. This might not seem like a big deal in retrospect, but one of the core elements of the story in the end is that they were right all along. And that the story behind them was distorted (That is, Nazi legacy and intentions)

>Yes, Eve is part of this enemy faction.
>>
>>14982672
There is an ending, see the pic on >>14982661
I didn't spoil the real twist though. Read at your own warning

>>14982685
The game involves mechs, a lot of them. Not clunky mechs to that of the MGS legacy but mechs similar to that of Pacific Rim and Policenauts

>>14982687
The game tackles philosophical/ethical questions such as
>Why does the Government suppress science and technology
>Why does it lie to the masses
>Why isn't man inherently bad than good
>Why shouldn't we question God for creating such flawed beings
And more, such as the secret space program, the "real" reason for going to space, and more

There's also the case of a mystery actor. I won't comment to who that is, it's off limits. But it's an actor who did a role for MGS

So in total, you have Mikkelsen, Durand, Reynolds, Gosling, and "???" that are the main bossss of the game

I'm here to take any questions until night about the story, weapons, environment, etc regarding the game. Ask away
>>
Lemme guess, the twist ending is that you're David Cage and this is a Quantic Dream game.
>>
>>14982710
>The game involves mechs, a lot of them. Not clunky mechs to that of the MGS legacy but mechs similar to that of Pacific Rim and Policenauts
Have any mecha concepts? And does gameplay involve piloting them?
>>
>>14982710
Sounds fun. Hopefully the PC version's not shit.
>>
will there be wrasslin-related content
>>
>>14982661
Sounds nice, just one question: why post this on /m/??

>>>/v/
>>
>>14982710
does the game have mech piloting stages of some sort? or the mechs are merely decorative ( like in the whole metal gear , you fight em , but almost never use one )
>>
>>14982664
Nudes when?
>>
>>14982710
how would you qualify the desings , metal gearesque, or more techno-magical like zone of the enders
>>
>>14982746
No David Cage here

>>14982846
We've seen them, and yes it does involve piloting them. One of the gimmicks is bringing the VR to link up into them; similar to GitS.

>>14982923
No Wrasslin

>>14982936
I will make one there shortly, it's a lot more tame here. While the first thread I ever made there wasn't an issue, the recent second one yesterday was a mess. Just waiting a bit. Plus anyway, I'm sure you'll guys enjoy the game the most due to its resemblance to other mediums on this board

>>14982969
In this, you'll actually pilot the mechs. There are different stages to them, you're in the right track of thought

>>14983007
Not that magical as the enders. Think of the tone of what policenauts/snatcher gives. Very nitty gritty but advanced

There are monsters (kaijus) in this game though
>>
>>14983050
>No Wrasslin
now that I think about it I don't think Kojima's done wrassle references in his stuff, has he
>>
>>14983050
any ninja or cyborg characters?
and one last question , is kojima going to self insert himself somehow in the game? ( mgsv had him as a npc)
>>
Why are you spoiling things? I mean, it's kinda dickish
>>
>>14983150
>any ninja or cyborg characters?
Yes to the latter

>is kojima going to self insert himself somehow in the game? ( mgsv had him as a npc)
Yes, I've mentioned before one of the first demonstrations we saw was a rescue mission

>>14983160
Didn't spoil anything, only about elements and features from the story and mechanics
>>
>>14983067
No, that's more of Mikami and Suda's thing.
>>
>>14982661

> I'm not gonna talk about the real twist
> The twist will blow people's minds
> It'll be the twist to end all twists

Can't say as I was interested in the game before, and the summary both of gameplay and plot sounds unnecessarily complicated and not something I'd be interested in but the focus on shocking people with a convoluted tweeest is a pretty final nail for me.
>>
Who is the target audience?
>>
>>14983193
>only about elements and features from the story and mechanics

Fair enough. Isn't it risky for you? I mean, wouldn't be surprised if del Totoro actually browses this shit and stuff
>>
File: image.jpg (143KB, 750x841px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143KB, 750x841px
>>14983221
It's a pretty big twist

>>14983224
PT fans, MGS fans, fans of science fiction, suspense/thrillers, action/adventure, people who play games and people who watch movies. Pretty broad in general

>>14983225
It is risky for me, there was a witch hunt late October. A month after I posted here, and luckily they couldn't figure out who.

After the mess of a thread yesterday on the video game board, this happened (see pic). I cover my tracks well with the time I post these things, so it's not an issue as of yet
>>
>>14983307
>It's a pretty big twist
You're playing as a simulation or robot.
>>
>>14982661
Great, you spoiled the whole shit. No buy, and fuck off back to /v/.
>>
>>14983307
After the whole no mans sky fiasco i find your information reassuring. although i agree , please use the spoiler bar more on future ocasions for those less curious or easily angried
>>
I was immediately uninterested when I heard and saw Norman Reedus was having a major role in the project.
>>
>>14983307

> It's a pretty big twist

It doesn't matter. No twist survives the first viewing, and most of them are spoiled for those experiencing them before that point. And most twists are pretty boring once they've been revealed. I'll take a good story told well and straight with the viewer any day over someone trying to shock and surprise the viewer by hiding things everywhere and building up to a big shock.
>>
Why does anyone believe this guy again?
>>
>>14983433
He got 6-7 stuff right so far, right on the fucking target and nothing wrong.

If anything else gets confirmed further, it's ogre
>>
wtf he was right
>>
>>14983526
And that was just a sample for what is to come later next year. In the mean while, look forward to PSX!
>>
>>14983592
Have you ever sent any of this (anonymously) to anyone on game's media? Your info would definitely seem more believable after all this.

Also, how big are the mechas? Pacific Rim big or more subdued stuff like in MGS?
>>
Could you go into more detail about the nazi stuff? Like, was Kojima actually trying to glorify/legitimize nazis?
>>
File: Arkham Knight Spoilers.png (796KB, 1888x3250px) Image search: [Google]
Arkham Knight Spoilers.png
796KB, 1888x3250px
>>14982661
Why should we believe this guy, people post fake stuff all the time, just because he has a trip doesn't make him credible
>>
>>14982873
No PC version. Kojima doesn't want it data mined.
>>
>>14983630
Reread that part of OP's image. PC version is to be released later than PS4, not never.
>>
>>14983630
That's disappointing.
>>
OP = faggot
>>
>>14983716
>>14983627
He literally got information right before TGS by 2 days

While people like Yong & Neogaf memes stuff about Suckerpunch engine and casting already being done; he got

>Open world
>late 2018 release
>PT like connectivity between players as a community multiplayer
>Details on weaponry and environment
>casting still under way
>casting details like Durand
>story details
>and very fucking specific things

All right. I thought he was a faggot but this is just sealing the deal. Either he's lucky, a wizard, or legitimate.
>>
>>14983600
>Have you ever sent any of this (anonymously) to anyone on game's media? Your info would definitely seem more believable after all this.
It's less of an issue of being believable; my legitimacy runs on what I share and so far I do this to gain everyone's trust here. By going to media, I'm jeapordizing myself to blackmail & the fans will be skeptical. That and I'd just garner too much attention

Sharing it with the people has a better effect. It gets straight to everyone, and if media wants to pick it up they could without putting me in risk.

>Also, how big are the mechas? Pacific Rim big or more subdued stuff like in MGS?
Not too big, more like Gundam big (taller than buildings but not gigantic like orbital frames). It's somewhere in between the heights of Pacific rim and MGS.

>>14983603
>Could you go into more detail about the Nazi stuff

If I do, this game is going to get shit canned faster than you say "Ryan Gosling." We are working hard to ease the references and implications he's trying to make, but no he wasn't intending to glorify. If you read through the spoilers of my initial picture here >>14982661
Then you'll realize where he was going with this. Remember how he tried to tell an alternative untold side of history in his past franchise? He's doing the same here, except we have to be extra careful how he does it.

>>14983630
>>14983645
There's a PC port due much later from what we were told; however when that hits everyone will still be on the same page until then
>>
>>14983785
You're full of shit. It won't come to PC if it is running on Sony's engine, its funded by sony, it has sony employees on it, and is tradmarked by sony.

Nothing you have said is specific enough to be believable. Everything has either been known, been speculated for months, or is broad as fuck.
>>
>>14983759
Guess what? The suckerpunch engine was confirmed just now. If this leaker was legit, this is one of the first things he would have known.
http://www.gamepur.com/news/25206-decima-engine-powers-death-stranding-modified-sucker-punchs-infamous-second.html

>Open world
Kojima said this day one
>late 2018 release
Very easy to guess AAA games take at least 3 years
>PT like connectivity between players as a community multiplayer
Kojima said this day one
>Details on weaponry and environment
Easy to guess seeing kojima's work
>casting still under way
Nothing confirmed could be made up
>casting details like Durand
People speculated this looking at Kojima's social media
>story details
Nothing confirmed could be made up
>and very fucking specific things
Like what? What has he said that as of now is 100% confirmed that was not already floating around?
>>
>>14984103

As I recall if this guy is the same guy as the last one then he wasn't part of the programming team
>>
>psx

Do you know anything about Ace Combat 7?
>>
>>14984103
>day one
He didn't and no one knew it was open world, check the time stamps for him and the announcement of open world

>easy to guess
Bull cucking shit, people thought it will be in 2020 and days before he said 2018 and late near Christmas. Low and behold he announces its in late 2018 in TGS

>said this day one
He didn't and no one knew DS was going to have PT like multiplayer, check the time stamps

>made up
He literally said this and Kojima confirmed it the day after TGS

>people speculated Durand
No they speculated Mikkelsen, Durand wasn't on the fuckin radar then

>made up
The story details got fucking confirmed today shit head

>like what
Read the fucking picture and the thread that followed it

He wasn't part of the programming team; he's part of the creative. He's with Del Toro, he isn't guy that knows about the engine

Stop being butt hurt and grow up; you are acting very salty now and aren't checking yourself with what happened these past months
>>
Leaks or no leaks; regardless of the retardd on both sides here I'm glad this is going to involve Nazis and mechas

Gosling would make me hyper
>>
File: image.jpg (69KB, 842x956px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 842x956px
>>14984821
>>14984103
Can you retards get a room and hate fuck somewhere else?

>>14984833
Same
>>
funny how these leaks come out right when the trailer is shown

sorry but I need more than some shitty fanficiton. Like actual proof for example.
>>
>>14984843
Times tamp is literally 3 days before TGS & VGAs respectively. All the proof is in tbe pictures and what he wrote
>>
We all know Death Stranding is part of MGS. What are the nazie aliens?
Norman is skullface? Come one what's really going on.
>>
Okay guys so Death Stranding would be a loose adaptation of Flann O'Brien's The Third Policeman, and the ending would reveal that you, the player, are stuck in hell.
>>
>>14986224
MGS is fucking dead, let it go already.
>>
File: 1473233631782.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1473233631782.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
>>14982664
>>
It could be a WWII Cobra Unit game. The eye that the guy is bleeding over is the same eye that bleeds in MGS3 on the sorrow.
>>
File: hideo-kojima.jpg (98KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hideo-kojima.jpg
98KB, 1280x720px
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.