[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final Fantasy XV

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 43

File: Diamond_Weapon_Kingsglaive_Art.png (993KB, 1343x902px) Image search: [Google]
Diamond_Weapon_Kingsglaive_Art.png
993KB, 1343x902px
Hey, so XV just came out. I am yet to be able to get into the game itself as of yet, but was able to watch Kingsglaive. And at the bare minimum, it's pretty /m/ as fuck.

Niflheim's Magitek is very well designed, with everything from power armor to walkers and this big ol' boy with crazy missile spam.

Then we've got what more or less amounts to super robot knights zipping around with their teleporting weapons

So, let's talk some more about this. How do you all feel about XV in general, those that have gotten their hands on any of it? Specifically the /m/ stuff? I know I like the magitek aesthetic a lot in this world so far, it does a great job imho of updating the concept sensibly from VI's more steampunk magitek, since this is a world where magic is far more understood and malleable.
>>
>>14981526
I stopped feeling for Final Fantasy in general ever since they started being obvious bait for a particular group.

In this case, the fujoshi targeting is so blatant that I can't even bear to look at the gameplay footage.

And I'm someone who enjoyed the older final fantasy titles.
>>
>>14981547
My biggest concern about XV is that it's an ARPG. I love Final Fantasy largely out of my fondness for good old-fashioned turn based combat. The ATB can't really be beat.

Also, character progression. Materia, Espers, Junction, Jobs, that stuff is where it is all at for me. I hope XV can deliver in that regard.

Does it really scream Fujo targeting that much to you? I'll give you that the main characters are fairly young and pretty, but they're trying hard to keep things as "based in reality" this time around, so making the people look more realistic (while still being very visually distinct) could result in some of that.
>>
>>14981557
>Does it really scream Fujo targeting that much to you?
You know how many popular shonen jump series got many homo doujin and fanart by many fujo at Pixiv?
Despite said series are actually popular among teenager boys who's the target audience of its magazine?
That's probably that anon's line of thought.
>>
File: tmp_20876-images1590864152.jpg (11KB, 212x237px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_20876-images1590864152.jpg
11KB, 212x237px
FF occasionally has some pretty kickass mech designs

I know they show up in VI, VII, X, XIII, and XV. pic related is from VI and the opening level is the protag piloting one. I'm almost hoping for an aRPG remake just so we get to experience that

I also loved XIII's biomechanical take on things
>>
File: Ff12-airship-leviathan2.jpg (77KB, 680x380px) Image search: [Google]
Ff12-airship-leviathan2.jpg
77KB, 680x380px
>>14981935
>no XII
Pleb. it had the best Airships designs and there is several of them.
>>
>>14981941
>>
>>14981941
Never owned a ps2 so I haven't played it yet. Am waiting on remaster and it looks like it might take at least a top 3 spot on my GOAT FF list if it's as good as I hear
>>
File: 01-12-2016_14-24-14.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
01-12-2016_14-24-14.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
A-woo. The game itself is... okay, but I honestly expected better. Lighting Returns is a much better and entertaining game. Still, I've only played for just over an hour so maybe it'll get better. Who knows.

>>14981526
>Kingsglaive
Saw it in cinema recently and it was worse than my first time seeing the film months ago. The CGI should have been a lot better.
>>
>>14981526
>A Final Fantasy game these days is more /m/ than /tg/

So what's the surprise?
>>
I really really wish the game had remained Versus and in Nomura's hands.

Maybe it's my own fault for getting so invested in the original version but after seeing the ending, gameplay and character changes that amounted to them doing less or the entire first chapter being cut out for Kingsglaive I was disappointed.

In case anyone thinks I'm kidding just watch this trailer, it pretty much has the entire plot of Kingsglaive in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkZvdT3QS4k

I don't know why they decided to take out the emotional investment of having Noctis in Insomnia as the invasion happens. Most of the VSXIII->XV changes don't make sense to me.

All of that blogging aside I don't think it's necessarily bad just...incredibly disappointing.
>>
>>14981557
>Does it really scream Fujo targeting that much to you?
All the fucking way.

They look like a boy's band.
>>
I haven't really been keeping up with the news for the game since I don't own a PS4 and haven't played most of the last 5 or 6 Final Fantasy titles (only XIII, which was okay) but I do enjoy the aesthetic the game is using. By which I mean I like that a lot of it seems to be about a road trip between friends in a fairly cool looking car across a fantasy landscape. I don't know how much of that is in the game mind, but it's fairly prominent in the trailers that I recall seeing and I watched the Brotherhood Youtube series, which concentrated on that aspect as well as laying out the relationship between the main character and his companions in a series of vignettes, and which I enjoyed. If I ever get a PS4 I'll probably end up getting it because I liked Brotherhood.
>>
>>14981526
>So, let's talk some more about this. How do you all feel about XV in general,

I think it gets shit on way too much to be honest with you, like I get that it's no longer Versus XIII, but they're going for more casual fans now, so I didn't expect it to appeal to older FF fans.

While some of its aspects are dissapointing I don't think it's complete trash like most people on /v/ have been claiming.

While it seems to have its issues I think it's still a solid game

>those that have gotten their hands on any of it?
not yet

>Specifically the /m/ stuff?
I saw some of that stuff in Kingsglaive and god I hope it shows up in the game.
>>
Just so we're clear FFXI is still the best one.
>>
It reminds me a lot of Witcher 3 in its gameplay, and apparently the director made the gameplay devs play that so that's why.
>>
>>14982076

That's jusy how asians obsessed with fashion dress. No really, just fucking go to Shibuya and you'll see plenty of Noctis's
>>
It's fine. I kinda wish it kept KH combat like the older trailers showed, but the gameplay we have isn't bad, just...different. As it stands I haven't really gotten the hang of it yet so even with the scoring system I don't know if I'm playing correctly or not.

It's very obviously a game that was dropped and then picked up again at some point, because you can generally tell where things seem sloppy, and the sloppiness seems like it came from gaps in the development on the design stage. But even with that being said, I can't bring myself to call it a bad game, even when divorcing myself from the wait. The worst I can say is that it's a kinda average FF game, but that's still a pretty high bar in general which is why XIII gets as much shit as it does.

>>14982601
>While some of its aspects are dissapointing I don't think it's complete trash like most people on /v/ have been claiming.

/v/ literally wants it to bomb because it's new and because of the legacy behind its development. This isn't like MGSV where even if it's a game I love, I acknowledge there are problems with it large enough to drive a truck through. This is a game people said would be the greatest thing ever and not only won't they accept a game that turns out to be average, but they won't accept anything less than a 10/10. Plus, some of it is just pure shitposting, like the people who organized a raid to bomb its metacritic user score with 0s.
>>
>>14982076

Then you'll feel better that everyone dies in the end. [/spoiler}
>>
The idea of an MC that genuinely enjoys fishing as a hobby never ceases to amuse me for some reason.

It just seems like something an old person would do.

I've heard about the endgame for the plot, I'm aware there's some semblance of irony in my observation.
>>
>>14982866
>The idea of an MC that genuinely enjoys fishing as a hobby never ceases to amuse me for some reason.
You must have not played BoF games then.
>>
File: 2197731-shrug.png (292KB, 444x336px) Image search: [Google]
2197731-shrug.png
292KB, 444x336px
>>14981557
>>14982076
>mfw I have a friend who couldn't care less about most turn-based RPGs, but loves ARPGs
At least he can get into the franchise in some way. Also, the game does have waifus.
>>
File: Carbuncle.jpg (60KB, 680x300px) Image search: [Google]
Carbuncle.jpg
60KB, 680x300px
>>14981941
It was neat how the airships in XII were named after classic summons like Shiva and Carbuncle, while the Espers you did get were bosses from FF Tactics.
>>
>>14982944
And of course the not-Death Star was called Bahamut.
>>
File: Bashamut2.png (431KB, 552x584px) Image search: [Google]
Bashamut2.png
431KB, 552x584px
>>14983554

It reminds me of something else, but for the life of me I can't remember what. There's some spaceship that looks kinda like a cone with rings around it.
>>
>>14983562
The Damocles from Code Geass?
>>
>>14983765

No that looked like a sword-castle
>>
>>14983562
First thing that comes to mind is that ship from the 1986 Transformers movie, though that was more ovals than rings.
>>
File: 01-12-2016_14-24-07.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
01-12-2016_14-24-07.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>14982695
Then you haven't played much video games.

>>14983562
Literally the Death Star with the "rebels" attacking it at the end of the game like Return of the Jedi. Too many Star Wars overtones in FF12 for me.
>>
>>14984418

I meant in terms of design. Plus if we're going for Star Wars parallels it's more like the Executor than the Death Star in terms of function.

>Then you haven't played much video games.

It's just what comes to mind with the battle system, I didn't mean anything else about the game.
>>
File: wallhaven-342412.jpg (452KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-342412.jpg
452KB, 1920x1080px
Kingsglaive was fucking awful tho.
Like off the top of my head it was one of the worst fucking movies i've watched in over 6 years, The plot barely made any sense and none of the characters were likeable or in any way good. the gay fujoshi haircuts are extremely out of hand and the only thing the movie has going for it are the empire designs (except the fucking Chancellor) and the fucking beautiful environments (Insomnia palace is fucking beautiful)

fuck Kingsglaive.

Game is p good if not a bit repetitive and the characters are certainly likeable
>>
>>14984457
Yeah, gorgeous environments, eh plot, and proof that CGI isn't good enough to escape the Uncanny Valley just yet.

Great action sequences, both visually and coreographically (sp?)
>>
File: 1439910911186.jpg (58KB, 470x483px) Image search: [Google]
1439910911186.jpg
58KB, 470x483px
>>14984418
>Balthier is Han Solo with a fucking sexy ass chewie in the form of Fran
Hey. This is BETTER than Star Wars.
>>
File: 1466293473571.jpg (424KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1466293473571.jpg
424KB, 1280x720px
>>14982068
>or the entire first chapter being cut out for Kingsglaive I was disappointed.

SERIOUSLY, WHY WAS THIS DONE?

It must have cost millions to make that movie when they already pretty much hax it in the game to begin with.

All they ended up doing was making a lesser game and a shitty movie. Qhat is wrong with Tabata?

Also, removing Stella was a mistake. Luna is such a shit-tier FF girl it's not even funny. At least Stella could have had an interesting rivalry with romantic undertones with Noctis.
>>
>>14984883
Luna is so shit tier it's amazing, it's even funnier when you read this

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/08/05/final-fantasy-xv-director-responds-to-criticism-for-stellas-removal-explains-why-luna-was-chosen/

>Luna
>Stronger and more determined female character
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
File: q.png (110KB, 185x200px) Image search: [Google]
q.png
110KB, 185x200px
>anons still upset about the combat system in a fucking Final Fantasy game
I will never understand this
>>
>>14984883
Okay, I was 11 when Versus got announced and while hyped, never followed it extremely closely because info was so sparse. What major changes were there?
>>
>>14984979
I'm hoping someone will release a compilation of changes soon complete with all trailers
>>
File: 02-12-2016_14-36-19.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
02-12-2016_14-36-19.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>14984914
The combat system is one of the main elements, moron. Still, the change is different, but basic.
>>
>>14985029
Combat systems have never been the forefront of FF games with the exception of maybe V if you lump in its Job System
>>
>>14984588
I disagree with Coreography, the fight against what's his name imperial commander knight dude was just awful camera work. Nearly every action sequence broke the 180 rule and the random octopus monster thing was so busy and shitly thought out I couldn't tell what the fuck was going on.

Every character that wasn't touched by Tetsuya nomura looked p good though. Regis' attire is fucking amazing and his personal knights/council looked great too.
>>
>>14984894
He and Koji Igarashi would have had an interesting conversation on that topic, to say the least.

Seriously though, Tabata is almost as bad a FF director as Toriyama, if not equally.
>>
>>14981526
I'm playing through it currently.

Its okay. But in all honesty though, I'm pretty disappointed with it. I really don't like the open world of it. Big and pretty, but very empty.
Line, in all honesty, this gameplay has the exact oppsite problem of XIII. XIII's areas were too linear, but XV's are too open. And at where I am, its almost all been in, as I said, big empty areas, with occasional dungeons.
Would it have been bad to have some actual city or town levels? (I've only just gotten Ramuh's mark and am going to get the car back, so I don't know yet if this gets fixed later on.)

Honestly, the plot feels very... like its not explaining things it should. Like the very beginning. No exposition on the world. Then it just drops you into things with barely minimal explanation of what your character is doing. Story just does not feel properly fleshed out.

Combat is admittedly a bit fun, but because most of the areas in the game, the warp ability isn't able to be taken full advantage of like it could have been in a city or town. But I do get annoyed with how squishy the characters seem thus far.

XV so far is a game I really want to like more than I do.
>>
File: Versus_XIII_Noctis_VS_Robe_Man.png (3MB, 1511x848px) Image search: [Google]
Versus_XIII_Noctis_VS_Robe_Man.png
3MB, 1511x848px
>>14984999
Everything that was in the Versus trailers, which was more or less the intro chapter to the game, was cut and either put into that admittedly okay Kingsglaive film or disposed of entirely.

Instead, the game starts with you pushing a broken down car and hunting desert animals to pay for the repairs.
>>
>>14984999

Well, the most obvious effects of changes are reflected in almost everyone from Niflheim and Lunafreya's entire character.

Shame about Stella.
>>
>>14985316
>Seriously though, Tabata is almost as bad a FF director as Toriyama, if not equally.

You didn't like Crisis Core? My only complaint is the Genesis stuff. And I liked Type-0.
>>
>>14985476
>Genesis
I actually liked Genesis even if the plot was fucking stupid
>>
>>14985497

Genesis is literally EVERYTHING bad with the game. Remove him and I actually have problems coming up with plot-related flaws with CC.
>>
>>14985507
I love the idea of him being such a stuck-on-himself asshole that he ruined the lives of his friends and unleashed a murderous force upon the planet that would later try to fuck the world up
>>
>>14985517

But he ruins one of the most important scenes in the original game (Sephiroth realizing he's an experiment) by just spelling it out to him.
>>
>>14985526
I thought it kinda made more sense for Sephy to have a break down because it was one of his closet friends (who had just inadvertently gotten their other best friend killed) who threw the evidence in his face instead.

Sorta kinda related, I also enjoyed Sephiroth's characterization more in CC since we see him as more of a humble intellectual versus always being an edgelord. FFVII is still superior
>>
>>14985542

See I disagree, the whole reason he went crazy is because he saw those mako mutants and jumped to conclusions, thinking that's what he was. The reality is that he's not them, he's just a person that had mako injected in his mother's womb to make him the ultimate soldier. His insanity is based on not understanding the facts.

But in CC Genesis tells him he's a monster which means he's deliberately being misled to believe something. It's entirely different. And as a side note while I did enjoy Sephiroth receving more depth as a character, remember that you only meet him like twice in the original game (the flashback and the very end), all the other times it's just JENOVA pieces carrying out his will.
>>
File: GenesisCGModel-CrisisCore.png (236KB, 590x657px) Image search: [Google]
GenesisCGModel-CrisisCore.png
236KB, 590x657px
>>14985507
>Genesis is literally EVERYTHING bad with the game.
This.

That said, his sword is fucking cool.
>>
>>14985603

Of course it is, it's a Flamberge
>>
>>14985605
And by that I mean a literal fire-sword, not the irl wiggly sword
>>
>>14985603
Genesis is the worst villain of not 1, but 2 FF games. That's is an accomplishment.
>>
>>14985464
I don't get the complaints about Stella, since we knew jack shit about her before she was removed.
>>
>>14985622

Well, that much is true, but it's the fragments that did exist - from what little information was known, Stella was advertised as an active antagonist and simultaneous platonic interest, and was essentially completely opposite to Noctis in personality - charismatic and assertive as opposed to Noctis being quiet and introverted in early info. She also fought, so no doubt that drew people to her.

How Lunafreya was handled in the finished product also increased the bitterness even further - fans being denied what they wanted and having it replaced with something they perceive as lacking, all the rest.
>>
>>14985622

MGSV effect, what "could have been" based on fan perception is always stronger than what you get.
>>
>>14985110
>Random octopus monster thing

Fuck you man, Ultros is the best character in Final Fantasy
>>
>>14985542
>FFVII is still superior
On that note, any chances of the remake getting a Switch version?
>>
Should I play the game with English voices or japanese?
>>
>>14985110
>Every character that wasn't touched by Tetsuya nomura looked p good though.

The only thing left of Nomura's influence is the weapon designs.

That said, old Noctis and Regis designs was superior. Noctis's new attire just looks like boring-ass clothes witb a retarded fingerless glove on one hand, and the casual alt is just cringy.

Everyone else, I agree.
>>
>>14985771
What's sasuke doing in ff
>>
>>14985689
Someone has their stinger out. He was talking about the action scenes in Kingsglaive with Ultros being impossible to follow.
>>
File: Cys2GJrW8AA3thI.jpg (147KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Cys2GJrW8AA3thI.jpg
147KB, 1920x1080px
Some amazing graphics.
>>
>tfw playing Dissidia 012 today
>checking out icons
>two of them are Noctis [Versus XIII]
...it hurts...
>>
File: Squall.png (1MB, 1440x1524px) Image search: [Google]
Squall.png
1MB, 1440x1524px
>>14985771
Noctis in general is kind of a shit design, but Nomura designed Squall, who I hold as the standard for FF character aesthetic, so I can't fault him too much.

>tfw I'm black so my hair will never be as nice as squall's.
>>
>>14982068
Man, seeing that trailer again after all this time just enhances my disappointment
>>
>>14987159
I've been watching it over and over for a few weeks now it's depressing watching it
>>
>>14987168
The feel that trailer gives off is the kind of feel I'd rather have.

And on another note, personally, a big gripe of mine is that XV is too much like a western rpg for my liking. I'm not a fan of them.
>>
Well I saw Kingsglaive, and boy does shit make a lot more sense in-game now.
>>
>>14981547
>fujoshi targeting is so blatant
A bunch of guys together doesn't equal fujobait, and it's not usually the audience FF looks for or really gets. They went out of their way to make Noctis straight for Luna and there's nothing even slightly homo about the group interactions. Now shit like Free! or just about any sports anime is bait.
>>
>>14981526
shit game.
shit design.
shit character design.
nomura should just quit.
>>
>>14987509

You're misdirecting blame, I'm afraid, because Nomura was removed from this project three years before it was released and when Tabata got his hands on what was then Versus XIII, the game was apparently a quarter finished at best.
>>
>>14987498
It doesn't matter. Th designs turn me off. FF producers seem more concerned about making ridiculous fashion statements than actually giving us a good game with good gameplay and story. FF 8 was showing signs of it and it just got worse as things went on.
>>
File: Type-Omega resize.jpg (842KB, 1000x1376px) Image search: [Google]
Type-Omega resize.jpg
842KB, 1000x1376px
>>14985044
FFII was the only game with focus on the combat system, that fortunately lead to the SaGa series as Kawazu went on to do his own thing instead of being tied to FF.

SaGa is also the more /m/ series of the two.
>>
File: Final-Fantasy-XV_Cover_(2016).jpg (77KB, 800x444px) Image search: [Google]
Final-Fantasy-XV_Cover_(2016).jpg
77KB, 800x444px
>>
File: Mercenary_of_Balamb.png (213KB, 464x640px) Image search: [Google]
Mercenary_of_Balamb.png
213KB, 464x640px
>>14987652
FFVIII may have been pretty /fa/ntasy, but it was such in that it complemented the setting and atmosphere. There's nothing wrong with lack of practicality in clothing. I mean, fuck, I was one of the very few people that -liked- Cloud's movie design.

Noctis just looks like he's a visual kei idol headed to a Tokyo night club. Conan hit the nail on the head with that remark.
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (318KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
318KB, 1920x1080px
>>14988318
On a side note, I hope we get Squall's outfit as DLC so I don't have to look at Roen's shitty clothing
>>
>>14988325
I just hope we get Dissidia 2015 fucking soon
literally the #1 reason I want a ps4
>>
>>14988334
Me too, though they still seem to be working on it. They haven't even added all the old characters to the arcade version yet.

Hopefully we get some more new characters soon.
>>
File: Qatormagitek.png (2MB, 1265x897px) Image search: [Google]
Qatormagitek.png
2MB, 1265x897px
Type-0 had a lot of cool mecha designs.
>>
>>14981526
I've never really cared about FF, but if there are mecha, consider my interest piqued.

Are there any in XIII? How to get to them?
>>
>>14988753
They're in XIII, but not playable. One of the recurring enemies pilots a mecha.

Those the summons in XIII are all transformers
>>
File: Bioblaster_Machinery_Weapon_FFXV.jpg (362KB, 1865x1090px) Image search: [Google]
Bioblaster_Machinery_Weapon_FFXV.jpg
362KB, 1865x1090px
>>14988318
>Noctis just looks like he's a visual kei idol headed to a Tokyo night club.
So does Squall. Don't get me wrong, I also like his design but it's way more flamboyant than Noct's attire.

>>14988325
Classic FF suits for the whole team would be cool. I'd put a SOLDIER uniform on Gladio for example, or Edgar's armor on Noct (it could even buff the tools you get).
>>
>>14984914
Except the combat system is fucking boring in 15, I have tried to defeat Adamantoise a few times but became so fucking bored after a while I simply gave up

Speaking of Adamantoise it just makes pissed at the open world elements of the game, who the fuck thought that putting the camera so fucking close to Noctis was a good thing? Most of the time I'm only able to see a goddamn flipper and at times Noctis and his party simply vanish and I only see the swords flying around
>>
>>14985733
I doubt it BUT since it aparently supports UE4 who knows
>>
File: FFXV_Noctis.png (127KB, 224x644px) Image search: [Google]
FFXV_Noctis.png
127KB, 224x644px
>>14988834
No, Squall looks like he nudt walked out of a Gackt Music video, which is still kind of fantasy.

Noct is wearing actual japanese designer clothing. The shirt alone is over 1000 usd.
>>
>>14989225
I hate those pants so much
>>
>>14989229
Not enough belts and zippers
>>
File: 1478890936244m.jpg (41KB, 1024x525px) Image search: [Google]
1478890936244m.jpg
41KB, 1024x525px
>>14989240
No, it's the fact that they aren't quite shorts but not quite pants. They look like shit. Same goes for that singular fingerless glove. There's so much about this ensemble of shitty fashion sense that triggers my autism.
>>
>>14989269
Old noct is a far better design.
>>
>>14989269
Basically this. Tightly Closed off at the end, so you're not cool in hot weather, yet exposes the skin on the legs, so your not warm in cold, windy weather.

Those pants just look plain uncomfortable.
>>
File: Judges_1.jpg (487KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Judges_1.jpg
487KB, 1024x768px
>>14984620
>What if there were FIVE Darth Vaders?
It's a shame that we had to wait until IZJS for a proper battle against all of them, but it was worth it.
>>
>>14989560
It pisses me off to no end how FF went from dudes in armor or other fantastical clothing to just bishies in fashinista cloth though at least XIV still has that fantastical setting instead of fantasy tokyo
>>
>>14989654
go play literally any other series
>>
>>14990007
More like 1-5, 9 and 12.
>>
>>14988834
>Edgar armor

I'd buy the fuck out of that. Noct works great with lance and machinery.

What weapon loadouts are you guys using?

I'm currently doing:
Engine Blade II
Masamune
Thundara/Auto Crossbow
Drain Lance II

Just started chapter 2, mainly because I couldn't hit Hunter Rank 3 before doing so.
>>
I'm still waiting for my copy in the mail but after playing the demos and watching the movie. I think this will be a mixed bag for me, I really enjoyed World of Final Fantasy and I get the feeling XV is far removed from that. I don't think I'll enjoy the story of XV, I wish they had more variety in the main characters clothing too. Hopefully things will be different when I do get it but I don't think it will be.
>>
>>14981526
I don't remember anything /m/ about XV. It's just a bunch of flying garbage trucks which you see once in a while in the game.
>>
File: 1480255939156.gif (2MB, 268x336px) Image search: [Google]
1480255939156.gif
2MB, 268x336px
Final Fantasy, huh?
>>
>>14981526
Cleared it.

It's shit.

The plot is nonsense and expects you to care about characters who have like two minutes of screentime (Regis and Luna) before dying while important shit like Ignis going blind or Grauca or the FUCKING EMPEROR dying happens off-screen. And then there's a retarded 10 year timeskip at the end where none of the characters actually change at all, except for Noctis who now has a new haircut and personality even though the timeskip was supposed to be instantaneous for him.

Played it at my own pace doing only sidequests that looked like fun (i.e. not retarded fetch quest shit after the first 3-4 turned out to be literally nothing but "drive to another town, pick up an item, drive back") and cleared it in 27 hours.
>>
>>14981557
>Does it really scream Fujo targeting that much to you? I'll give you that the main characters are fairly young and pretty, but they're trying hard to keep things as "based in reality" this time around, so making the people look more realistic (while still being very visually distinct) could result in some of that.
I didn't mind it that much but HOLY SHIT the main characters are all fucking shallow caricatures of the archetypes loved by fujoshi, especially Ignis the perfect flawless butler with higher joshiryoku than the average woman.
>>
>>14984457
>Insomnia palace is fucking beautiful)
That's because they didn't make it up, it's the Tokyo metropolitan government building. Actually all of Insomnia is just parts of Tokyo mashed up together, you can see the Rainbow Bridge and bits of Ginza and Shinjuku and Tokyo Station in there.

And Kingsglaive had some problems with properly introducing characters, but it was still way better than the game itself.
>>
>>14984894
>2015

Go look up the leaks from earlier this year which turned out to be 100% true. Just six months ago they were still rewriting the script over and over because it was nonsensical garbage.

They never fixed it, it's still nonsensical garbage.
>>
>>14993024
I love that ending.
>>
>>14985741
English voices is a load of literal whos talking through their noses

Japanese voices is Setsuna from 00 and Simon from GL in your party with Sawashiro Miyuki as a guest member and Ali/Holland as the main villain.
>>
>>14985771
>the casual alt is just cringy
If you put it on final chapter bearded Noctis he looks like a homeless hobo though
>>
>>14993109
I have little knowledge of Japanese, but it really bugs me when the subs doesn't actually translate the stuff the character says, instead it is just a sub of the dub.
>>
>>14993153
That's the case in FFXV, and the translation is VERY liberal (and also pretty bad) FYI.
>>
>>14981526
I enjoy FFXIII a lot and the suits and armor as well as robots are pretty great.
>>
>>14981526
>Those Diamond Weapon looking things are really cool!
>look in the artbook
>They're literally called Diaweapons
>Mass produced Diamond Weapons
>Movie makes it look like the empire frequently uses them
>Oh boy can't wait to fight one in the game

>they aren't in the game
>>
>>14993457

Well it died in the movie
>>
>>14993580
There are multiple
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_odbfE1pH8&list=PLyaU6eWzn2ES8qLckreEK5Uqji2DPgInF&index=11

>Japanese Ardyn is prince Ali

>Japanese Ignis is ORE WA GUNDUM DA
>>
>>14993096
So basically Tabata was talking out of his ass the entire time for the last year

Good to know
>>
>>14993907
Just reposting them here. These were from March 2016:

"Gentianas role in the story."
Gentiana is Shiva in human disguise. dogs are Shiva servants.

"who dies? who is final boss?"
Luna and the dad die, final boss is Ardyn, the red head guy
Luna dies
>King dies
Where the f*** is the happy ending then?
Noctis will get to see loli ghost Luna so it's okay. Also his bros are fine.

"can u romance aranea pls answer this"
You can't romance anybody

"What are all the summons, and how do they look?"
Titan, ramuh, carbuncle, leviathan, shiva, ifrit, bahamut.

"is pic related still in the game
and are any of the outfits from Versus XIII in the game?" -> pic http://i.imgur.com/809NrhX.jpg
He's not. If he is, it's literally some unrecognizable unamed side role.
Also I can't promise they're in the game because the costumes are kind of the last thing on the devs mind right now, but it is up for consideration

" What recent changes have they made?"
Nothing they've changed recently would be interesting. They've got a lot of Luna/Noctis flashbacks they made to be thrown around in the last act of the game and they don't know what to do with them really

"Will Noctis become a King?
I guess you could say he becomes King, but doesn't have much to rule over by the end

"Can you explore Lucis and the other cities? how big are the cities"
You only go into Lucis for the final boss fight, so don't get excited about it. The other cities are JRPG town sized, nothing special. Most of the map is empty land.

"Does the game have a lot of towns and cities?"
No
>>
>>14993916
"Give a basic plot outline. The script may not be finalised but you must have some idea."
There's a full script as of nov, its just changing because it's a mess.
>opens 10 years in the future fighting ifrit
>real game starts, being sent off for wedding
>on the way hear city got invaded
>set out to collect weapons of dead kings to be powerful and take back crystal
>also have to catch up to luna who's waking up summons
>when you get to luna red haired guy kills her
>everybody is sad for a while
>red hair guy reveals he's 2000 years old
>Noctis has to sleep for 10 years to gather magic into kings ring to fight him
>Noctis gets out and the group fights him in main city
>Ifrit first, then normal red head, then monster version of him
>Noctis wins
that's it.

"So whats the design like for 10 years older Noctis?"
it's not modeled yet, when you play it now it's just young him. I haven't seen concept art but ghost Regis notes that he looks older, so he probably has new defining features.

"How do summon fights go? Does Noctis really push back Titan with just his sword? Why are the weapons of past Lucis Kings spread throughout the world instead of in Lucis?"
They're like normal boss fights but large scale, and for stuff like titan you have to do mini dungeons around him while he's whailing at you to get to him. You can parry them like any other boss. The weapons are spread out because they're buried in sacred places related to the crystal

"tell me about attires, can you change the clothes?
I know about the suit, anything else?"
You actually can change the party members clothes, but it's pointless, you aren't getting anything that isn't black
>>
>>14993919
"1.Why did they change Regis' design
2.Why did Nomura leave FFXV
3.How long is the game (playtime) and is the map really as big as they say?"
1.Because they had to rewrite a lot of story to cut it down from a trilogy to one game and the dad character got changed a lot. Also to make him look more like the Kingsglave design
2.Because of said Nomura trilogy hopes, and because Square would rather have him on KH3 and FF7 remake. With Nomura it would have been good, but would have taken way more time just to get part 1 out, like an extra 2 years
3.~40 hours right now, but they're trying to bump it to about 50 by strongly encouraging more fetch quests. The map isn't done in a playable form, it's segmented levels right now, some of which work and some don't

"Any dlc they are preparing?
Any info you have on kh3 and ff7r? release date or something?"
Yeah, its coming, but they don't know what yet except one about Gladio since there's almost nothing about him in game. They're more worried about main game now.
No news on those, not a lot of communication about them going on

"1.Is the combat still s***, or are they actually fixing it?
2.why did they change the battle system from E3 2013?"
1.Its virtually identical to how it is when you fight as older Noctis in the plat demo. They changed team specials to L1 from the old demo. If you liked plat demo its fine. If you didn't it's s*** for good.
2.E3 2013 was a proof of concept based on Noruma's version of what the game would have been and nothing more. Tabata was already changing it and the characters/story while it was being made to show at e3.

"Plase tell me they fixed the phantom swords, it's impossible to control that s***. Please say they did."
the swords are a little less like in the first demo now and a little more like when you went final form in KH2 if that makes you feel better. But don't get too excited, its like half way between both
>>
>>14993921
">>Tabata was already changing it and the characters/story while it was being made to show at e3
But Nomura was still the director back then, Tabata said he became the director in December of 2013."
that's not how things like that work. You don't just jarringly shift production like that, its gradual. Nomura did direct the trailer they showed at e3 in 2013

"Is FFXVI being worked on right now? and by who?"
FFXVI is only going to happen if XV does well

"I don't believe you. Even if XV only sells 3 millions, XVI would happen, even with a much smaller scale. They're probably working on XVI as we speak."
I can promise you they aren't. Everything is going into XV main team, Other teams are working on 7 remake and KH3. There's nobody sitting around somewhere doing XVI in secret

"The game is being made in Japan with the localization team being in Japan with them. No one believes you"
its been tested in the US in english and in 7 languages in EU right now

"Stella was replaced with Luna and Regis is still in the game, his design changing means nothing towards his role. Prompto design also changed idiot. Kill yourself "
You're treating Luna and Stella like they're comparable. They aren't. As I've said before, a lot of the shift from V13 to 15 was about maintaining an image to keep fans and hype from V13 going, so they needed a blonde chick to replace Stella, and that's Luna. Luna isn't a slightly rewritten Stella, its a completely different character. The point is, things have significantly changed in the game since then. And they're still changing now, 4 months before release
>>
>>14993922
"Do you know anything about the Japanese voice actor of Iedolas? was he changed? i heard he died not long ago."
I don't know much, but they're rerecording a lot of dialogue for the game anyway because it's still in rewrites, especially for the 2nd half. It's in about the same state as bioshock infinite where they showed trailers with the same scenes as the release game, but the release game had 100% different dialogue over a different plot

"How could the game be so unfinished, yet still being worked on, a few months from release? "
It's not normal. The lock for english voice recording is supposed to be in 3 weeks, but they keep re-writing lines. Everybody is nervous as f*** about Sept30 release. Expect big day 1 patch

"Will it have PS4K compatible features?"
Nobody is touching it right now. There's only like 2 hours "playable" on ps4 and xbox version barely turns on. Nobody is thinking about PS4k, just porting and optimizing for PS4. Xbox build is like 3 weeks behind

"You're lying. They already confirmed in December last year that the game is playable from start to finish and all the content was done, and all that all they have left is polishing and debugging."
It was finished and you could play it start to finish on the high end PCs they made it on, but the PS4 port is a mess, and they started design and re-writes after the normal wrap because it's going over like s*** with people, like pick up shots to fix a movie.

">>Nobody is touching it right now. There's only like 2 hours "playable" on ps4 and xbox version barely turns on. Nobody is thinking about PS4k, just porting and optimizing for PS4. Xbox build is like 3 weeks behind.
Oh come on. It would have been delayed to December or early 2017 if that were the case. Come up with more believable bulls***."
I know what it sounds like, but its true
>>
>>14993925
">>There's only like 2 hours "playable" on ps4
But Episode Duscae 2.0 ran fine on PS4. Is that the 2 hours you mean?"
That was given months and months and months of dedicaded care and a 2.0 patch. And believe it or not that part of the game does not actually run as well as the demo right now. Really only the opening 2 hours "run"

that's all
>>
>>14981526
>can't pilot any robots
>all you get is shitty turret segments
I fail to see XV being /m/ at all.
>>14981557
>My biggest concern about XV is that it's an ARPG. I love Final Fantasy largely out of my fondness for good old-fashioned turn based combat. The ATB can't really be beat.
pretty bad ARPG as well, I don't think I've played worse action gameplay in RPG since ever.
>>
File: FINAL FANTASY XV_20161205063515.jpg (399KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FINAL FANTASY XV_20161205063515.jpg
399KB, 1920x1080px
>>14990142
I got my engine blade upgraded to Ultima, and I usually have a lance, great sword and shield handy (switching out one for whatever spell I need at the time). I also like to rock the suit that came with the limited edition.

Gladio: Force Stealer II/Absorb Shield II
Ignis: Delta Daggers/Drain Lance II
Prompto: Valiant II/Circular Saw Plus (and other upgraded machinery)
>>
It's a 7/10.

I said this about XII too, but it really could have used more cutscenes and stuff.
>>
>>14993071

Yeah, that was pretty bad. I think the 10-year time skip is bullshit, especially since your friends don't age!

The ending is good, but it's also a gigantic slap in the face. The bad guy won at EVERYTHING. He got everything he ever wanted! In fact, Noctis only won because Ardyn let him win. Technically, Ardyn could have killed him at any point.

Not having a proper conversation with Luna sucked, too. Noctis - game-wise - never feels strong, because all your attacks hit like wiffle bats. You also can't control summons, and your only real magical attack is Warp Strike.

The funniest part is, you can't give your friends orders in combat. So magic is damn hard to use, because you'll fucking incinerate them if you tried it.
>>
File: q.jpg (244KB, 769x639px) Image search: [Google]
q.jpg
244KB, 769x639px
>>14993173
my man
>>
File: 1469759748519.jpg (15KB, 339x271px) Image search: [Google]
1469759748519.jpg
15KB, 339x271px
>>14989225
>Game actually refers to this and your companions clothing as official Lucian battle dress for the prince and his crownsguard.

I don't know how to articulate how stupid that is. They should have just been honest and called it the Prince's expensive designer clothing. Not like they were headed off to battle as it was, anyway.
>>
>>14994717
>I don't know how to articulate how stupid that is.
It's a game that's basically about a magical idoru-group.
>>
>>14994761
Well, that game for the wiiu that I forget the name was also about about magical idol group and they didn't pull bullshit like this and say the expensive designer clothing was for battler or some shit
>>
when will we ever get a FF game that lets us side with the magitek people...
>>
>>14989560
>>14981526
>>>14984620

I only played about 20 hours into a PS2 copy of XII, heavily debating dropping that progress and grabbing IZJS.

Who is the best character to turn into a Dragoon/Lancer class? That was my Vaan.

Also, I truly wish there was a Bangaa party member, those dudes are the best.
>>
World of final Fantasy is better.
>>
>>14996491
>Just bought IZJS
>It's English voices only
>Literally the same day after buying it, hear about the PS4 remaster

fuck this
>>
>>14997134
nobody cares
>>
File: Cxn1Uf6UsAAzDIA.jpg (75KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Cxn1Uf6UsAAzDIA.jpg
75KB, 1200x675px
>>14997300
>>
>>14997311
no seriously nobody cares go whine somewhere else
>>
>>14997356
lol k
>>
>>14997300
World of Final Fantasy is a load of cringey Tumblr tier writing.
>>
>>14997383
whatever

>>14997439
okay
>>
File: 1478842597240.jpg (175KB, 825x823px) Image search: [Google]
1478842597240.jpg
175KB, 825x823px
>>14997576
>>
File: 1480699461678.jpg (94KB, 501x689px) Image search: [Google]
1480699461678.jpg
94KB, 501x689px
>>14996620
>>
>>14998399
literally no argument
>>
File: 05-12-2016_16-11-56.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
05-12-2016_16-11-56.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Dude, food lmao
>>
File: 05-12-2016_16-11-49_compressed.jpg (155KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
05-12-2016_16-11-49_compressed.jpg
155KB, 1920x1080px
This annoying fucker.
>>
>>14999657
I like Brooklyn accents. Or whatever the hell he has.
>>
>>14999654
I liked the gourmet road trip aspect of the game myself. It was pretty much the only bit that I don't have any complaints about.
>>
File: 07-12-2016_14-52-52.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
07-12-2016_14-52-52.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
So this is the power of an Xbox One.

>>14999759
Yeah, it is kinds cool.

>>14999666
But what place does it have in a FF game?
>>
>>
>>15000466
is this an older poster? Prompto doesn't look like a wet rat in this one
>>
File: 1450166743480.jpg (144KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1450166743480.jpg
144KB, 1024x768px
I'm fine with the casual wear but it would have been radical if Noctis could conjure up some magic armor when you use the Armiger. Sorta like that Garo homage in XIV.
>>
>>14982700
I've been saying this forever.
>>
>>14993076
Gladiolus is just straight up pandering
>>
>>15001122

Wait, is that a player character thing or just an NPC? If you can actually do a Garo-style armor summon I might actually play FFXIV.
>>
>>14981557
Welcome to the club
Also nice dubs
>>
>>15001761
I haven't played in a while, but I'd assume it's an NPC. That golden armour was just a PVP reward for Paladins iirc.
>>
>>14999994
Had something like that happen on PS4 for the northern food/quest owner in Lestallum.
>>
File: 20160401final-fantasy-xv.jpg (62KB, 830x440px) Image search: [Google]
20160401final-fantasy-xv.jpg
62KB, 830x440px
Thread posts: 159
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.