[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

0079 recap movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (318KB, 1089x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
318KB, 1089x1600px
Going through my first Gundam marathon, watched the 0079 TV series and LOVED it, took a long enough break before starting Zeta that I wanted to watch the 0079 recap movies before I start.

How do people prefer this? Why is this recommended, and why is this what made Gundam catch on?

It's so fast paced you can't even breathe, the characters (especially Zeon) lose almost all of their growth or depth, Amuro's growth is sped up so much it's pointless.

The original series had an occasional slow episode, but each and every episode played an important part in worldbuilding and character growth.

I just found myself cringing the whole time at all of the lost story, are the other two recap films better? Has there ever been an instance where a recap film is better than the series?

Please no spoilers for other Gundam series.
>>
>>14981114
People generally really like the third recap film.
>>
>>14981370
Is there some new content?

Also i've heard that the film trilogy is the canon version, doesn't matter to me that much but is that true as well?

Should I go production order or chronological order if I want the best out of UC?
>>
>>14981384
Production.
Yes, third film's lotsa new footage. I dunno shit about "canon".
>>
>>14981391
Thanks, friend.
>>
>>14981384
Production order is always best, but it doesn't make too much difference to be honest. The only one that really benefits from knowing later stuff is 0083, and that works fine without it.

Also, all the movies have some new content, with the third having substantially more than the second which had somewhat more than the first.
>>
>>14981384
>canon version
All that means is that the Guntank fighting in space and the G-Fighters are retconned out.
>>
>>14981114
The music and animation in the third movie is amazing
That's the one everyone praises
>>
>>14981114
It's just Zetafags who prefer the movies because it makes it more like a generic grimdark space opera with shitty pacing.
>>
>>14981114
Second and third movies benefit from completely reanimated scenes, third movie especially, but it's still pretty fast paced.
>>
>>14981384
>film trilogy is the canon version,
No such thing.
The Sunrise rule is "Animated = official", they don't give a shit about canon, only western fans care about that.

It's true that later installments have had flashbacks showing the Core Booster rather than the G-Armor but that's all it is. All else is just arguments between series and movie fans as follows:
>HA! You're such a pleb you don't even know THIS happened.
>HA! You're such a pleb you don't even know that isn't canon anymore.

Meanwhile Sunrise doesn't give 1% of a shit about "canon" as long as you buy gunpla.
>>
I always felt like the movies were good introductions, because they're shorter but hit all the key plot points.

It's been a while since I've watched either version, though so I don't remember which parts specifically were trimmed, though I've this thought that some of the sillier stuff was part of the trimming, but then I remember Amuro in a huff running off with the gundam is both silly and a major plot point.

It's probably better to go Movies then TV. Going TV then recap Movies is always going to be weird. (It's like book vs movie vs tv show, If you've seen/read the longer product, it'll always be better than the shorter one for you. )
>>
>>14983015

> The Sunrise rule is "Animated = official", they don't give a shit about canon, only western fans care about that.

This isn't actually true. The "animated = official" thing is only some producers commenting on mobile suit designs in an interview about 2000 or so, particularly in reference to the Gihren's Greed games and the original designs (or variants in most cases) that they introduced. It was never an official policy, was never made or intended to reflect everything about the franchise and is not and never has been a stance on what is and isn't canon or official in terms of time line or plot.

Also, the Japanese care plenty about canon. Ask Zelda fans. Or Macross fans. Or just think about why some magazine had to ask producers for clarification on officiality in the first place. They don't care as much, or at least not as much of them care as in the West but that does not and never has meant they don't care at all.
>>
>>14981114
It's good that you had the sense to watch the movies the right way. As a recap. They're certainly no replacement for the show. The third one has a bit more worth with more new footage.
>>
File: Saylabath.png (414KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Saylabath.png
414KB, 720x540px
just with the re animated Sayla shower scene makes the Movie Trilogy>>>

and yes the movies are cannon
>>
>>14983958
>and yes the movies are cannon
You forgot your trip Black Knight.
>>
>>14981114

Movies have added music
>>
>>14981114
Third movie is fantastic.
>>
>>14981114
I liked the first and third movies, but the 2nd one is shit and you're better off watching the tv earth arc
>>
/m/!
I ORDAH YOU TO LAUNCH GUNDAMN!
>>
File: 147843646806789.jpg (377KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
147843646806789.jpg
377KB, 700x700px
>>
File: 1476631536166.jpg (69KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1476631536166.jpg
69KB, 640x480px
>>
File: 1479961375044.jpg (38KB, 413x462px) Image search: [Google]
1479961375044.jpg
38KB, 413x462px
>>14984225
>>
>>14986554
is that what i think it is?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.