[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Assault Leynos Bombed JUST

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

File: Assault suits leynos.png (225KB, 462x412px) Image search: [Google]
Assault suits leynos.png
225KB, 462x412px
>Assault Leynos Bombed

JUST
>>
>>14979631
That's really disappointing, but really, at 19.99, it's hard to see where the market is.
>>
>>14979638

And it's had no sales. A mere 20% off during the sale? At 50% I would have bought it.

Still, what were the PS4 sales like? The Japanese would be the ones who'd care the most for it.
>>
>>14979631
Sad,

Now Banrise you gargantuan faggots

AEUG vs Titan HD PC when?
>>
>>14979631
I bought it on PS4. I did my part.
>>
It's an extremely short game with little replay value.
>>
>>14980135
There is some replay value, the storyline branches
>>
>>14980142
...Really? I didn't notice anything.
>>
>>14980135
honestly I thought it was too difficult, but that seems to be a consistent issue with games that follow that mold
>>
>>14979631
just wait ten years and it'll outsell all the console versions!
>>
File: sadguts.png (92KB, 283x343px) Image search: [Google]
sadguts.png
92KB, 283x343px
>>14979631
Shit, really? I bought it on Steam sale and had hoped it would do better...feels bad man ;_; I really enjoyed it.
>>
Wish they fixed that annoying gfx bug with the water splashes. Also annoyed that the special edition content never came to steam.
>>
>>14980135

You're an extremely short game with little replay value.
>>
>>14979631

It had zero fucking advertizement. Only those super mech nerds like us even knew about it.
>>
File: Mecha games do not sell.jpg (1017KB, 2054x887px) Image search: [Google]
Mecha games do not sell.jpg
1017KB, 2054x887px
>>14979631
>>
>>14981664
Gigantic Army seemed to have done OK ;_;
>>
The guy who kept talking about it here sounded almost like he made it himself so I avoided it like the plague
>>
>>14979651
It never went on sale at all on PS4 so no one bought it. Theres way more bang for your buck on PSN. It should've been 12$
>>
File: 1476490892316.jpg (65KB, 609x470px) Image search: [Google]
1476490892316.jpg
65KB, 609x470px
>>14979631
>Expecting a 2D sidescroller remake of a twenty+ years old game to sell

It's like you have no idea of the state of the videogame audience.
>>
>>14981713

Well, it looks like we're never going to get more of these games ever again.

;_;
>>
>>14981713
Meanwhile, Nintendo is fine with recycling the New SMB template to death, while leaving Metroid side-scrollers to gather dust. Sometimes there's clearly no justice.
>>
>>14982676
Nintendo games sell on brand power alone
Except sci-fi stuff, because the only sci-fi people care about are Star Trek and Star Wars
>>
>>14982676
>Nintendo is fine with recycling the New SMB template to death,
There hasn't been a new NSMB in four years, you fucking retard.
>>
Needs a 50% sale. I'll get it during winter.
>>
>>14982676
Nintendo are just incompetent
>>
>>14982937
Super Mario Maker doesn't exist now?
>>
Graphics downgrade from the early demos on PS4 has me waiting on a sale or gift.
>>
Just port Super Robot Wars OG Moon Dwellers in the PC since it has waifus, shit should sell.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
>>
Dead Rising 4 is the next to bomb.
>>
>>14979631
I have to admit that while I like the mecha, a side-scroller Metal Slug-esque game is just not particularly interesting to me. I'd rather play an RPG even.

Why didn't they at least make it a first person or even third person shooter?

Especially at that horrendous price.
>>
>>14986783
>Why didn't they at least make it
Do you even know what this game is?

>$20
>horrendous
>>
>>14986790
I'll be honest I've seen it on steam while browsing the Mecha tag and seeing toys of it on Amiami, but I get turned off each time by the game.

The price is horrendous for a game that most people don't want to play these days, which is a 2D side scroller SHMUP.

I'd pay $50 for a mecha game with more interesting mechanics or a more immersive playstyle. Side-scrolling is not that. Hell, I paid and had a fair bit of fun for Project Nimbus.
>>
>>14981713
Especially when the western name for the old one was completely different so no one knows what its supposed to be a remake of to buy it.
And its a fucking 20$ 2D sidescroller in 2016
>>
>>14986801
This is a remake of a game that was released in 1990.

So people will shell out $60+ for boring shit that can only be played through once, but a solid action game for $20 bucks is horrendous?

>most people don't want to play these days
I understand that, but it pisses me off that because of this, people that do like these games get shat on and ignored by the industry.
>>
>>14987046
Like anon said above, I think marketing might have hurt it. Guys like us go to /m/ and we knew Target Earth was always Assault Suits Leynos, but most Westerners would have probably known it as just Target Earth, so they wouldn't have known what Leynos was about even if they would have liked a remake of "Target Earth." I also don't recall seeing many ads or much media presence about it either; in fact (speaking honestly) I almost forgot it had come out before Anon reminded me it was on sale in another thread.
>>
>>14987046
because unlike those 60 dollar blockbusters, a 2D side scrolling SHMUP can be made by some 12 year old in his free time.
>>
I also bought it while fully aware it should've been cheaper and was destined to fail. Having said that, I'm an old geezer that enjoys having physical edition of certain games so it made sense to me. Too bad we won't see more western releases of japanese mecha games unless it's fucking musou.
>>
File: 1462438481011.png (858KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1462438481011.png
858KB, 960x720px
What's the last /m/ game you bought?

Bought Gundam EXVS Force, Gundam Breaker 3, Galak Z this year.

Kickstarted - Code Hardcore
Soon to import - SD Gundam G generation genesis
>>
>>14987347
My most recent would be the Dawn of War collection off steam, and after that is Assault Suit Leynos, and Subnautica if that counts (you can craft an aquatic power armor in that). Oh, and Starbound, again I saw videos with mechs you can pilot though I haven't got that far yet.
>>
File: lol leynos.jpg (282KB, 1920x1016px) Image search: [Google]
lol leynos.jpg
282KB, 1920x1016px
Also, I just went to the concept art screen and saw this. Gee Leynos, lookin kinda Starship Troopers there!
>>
>>14987347
I just beat SRW OG Moon Dwellers and loved every second of it. I would have liked a better translation for it though. At least everything was able to be understood.

Now I am working through SD gundam Genesis. This is pretty fun and feeds my autism. I love collecting tiny tominos again. Fills the void SDGO left in me.
>>
>>14987059
>unlike those 60 dollar blockbusters
Which are for the most part (nowadays) incomplete and bug ridden on release? Fuck that.
>>
>>14987046
>ignored by the industry

This game had little to no marketing. I didn't even know this was a thing until I just happened to see it on amazon, then forgot about it until it was on a shelf one day randomly at gamestop. That's more than likely how it was to a lot of people. It was just there one day and nobody knew what it was.
>>
>>14982676
Mario has the brand power to back it up.

>>14984456
You might as well count it as SMB3 game as well.
>>
>>14979631
too short for people to expend 19 bucks on it. and they kept the BS difficulty from 90s SNES mecha games. you don't have to put bullshit sections in the game to extend its play time anymore
>>
>>14981664
I think more people would buy Nimbus if it wasn't early access.
>>
>>14979631
>we will never get Steam ports of SRW games
>>
>>14987347
Titanfall 2 of course
We Chirico nao
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.