[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it interesting to have mechs capable of being taken down

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

is it interesting to have mechs capable of being taken down by a single human?
>>
>>14979151
It's probably more interesting that the human is capable of taking down a mech in the first place
>>
>>14979157
in the MG universe its usually just done via using a rocket launcher (or setting bombs on the exposed areas near the feet IIRC)
>>
>>14979151
well I mean if we look at empire strikes back luke took out a AT-AT by slicing open a hatch and throwing a grenade in there. so yeah it could be interesting because it can show a flaw in the design of a mech.
>>
File: Mellowlink.jpg (232KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Mellowlink.jpg
232KB, 1920x1080px
>>14979151
Yeah.

AT's are the shit but Pic related murdered them on foot.
>>
>>14979151
>is it interesting to have mechs capable of being taken down by a single human?

Depends on the tone of the narrative: If it's supposed to resemble reality, then no, it's just dumb and totally undermines the point of building the mech in the first place.

However if the work is meant to be OTT, then I don't mind when a Ray learns the rules of nature.
>>
Not necessarily.
1: There needs to be a good reason for how they're taken down.
2: There needs to be a good reason for why they're used even if they can be taken down by a person on foot.

For instance, look at the AT-ATs and ATs which were mentioned in this thread. An AT-AT isn't very versatile and they're surprisingly easy to take down if you get close, especially compared to the AT-TE but the entire point of using them is to inspire fear. ATs are lightly armored enough to where it doesn't take much to cripple or destroy it outright, but they're also fast as shit and cheap to produce.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.