[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I believe that one day a new subspecies of human specially

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: madmancharlatan.png (577KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
madmancharlatan.png
577KB, 1280x720px
>I believe that one day a new subspecies of human specially adapted to life in space will emerge.

Yeah, that seems like a pretty reasonable prediction.

>And they'll be psychics!

What? How does that logically follo-

>AND THEY WILL BE ABLE TO PERFECTLY UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER AND WILL BRING ABOUT A NEW AGE FOR MANKIND!

Newtypes are one giant non sequitur..
>>
File: Screen - Aeolia_Schenberg.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screen - Aeolia_Schenberg.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>14977129
worked out fine for me
>>
>>14977129
In the official stuff I'm pretty sure it's never mentioned what he thought a newtype would be and people abuse that for their own agendas, no idea for how it works in Origin.
>>
>>14977129
Oh, and 70+ years before they actually start showing up and there is absolutely no precedent or reason to believe this crazy shit will ever happen, we should put in our constitution that if they ever happen we should automatically hand over control of the government to them.

This was approved by a world government for some reason.
>>
Well, he was sorta right... kinda.
>>
>>14977129
>madman charlatan
>was right
I'll grant you that newtypes being able to understand each other perfectly was maybe a bit of naivety from Zeon, but he did predict newtypes to a more specific degree than anyone else.
>>
>>14977159
Origin has him explicitly stating that they will be the next evolution of mankind and that the Oldtypes should be left behind in the dustbin of history. Basically the Zabis and their genocidal mania aren't portrayed as being too big a deviation from Zeon's own ideas. Not really sure about all 'will be psychics who share emotions stuff' though.

>>14977173
To be fair, the constitution simply says a new space adapted type of human. Which I think is an entirely reasonable prediction. Putting the new mutants at the head of the line for government positions doesn't really follow though. I would think as a simple matter of easy administration that people living in space would make up most of the officials running the colonies anyway.
>>
>>14977217
I guess my point though is that his predictions don't actually logically connect to each other. He was only right because Tomino wrote him to be right.
>>
>>14977231
I don't see how "oldtypes should be left behind in the dustbin of history" isn't too big a deviation from genocidal mania. Regardless of genocide or not, by definition oldytpes will be left behind, newtypes are a space adapted race in the space age.

>>14977261
Yeah I got your point, and you have a point regarding the writing. But not everything in the world is immediately logical, so not only logical predictions can be right. My point is there''s a world of difference between a madman charlatan a potential madman who predicted the most important development of the UC.
>>
>>14977129
Can you call newtypes a subspecies?
It seems like calling people who can touch their nose with their tongue a subspecies.
>>
>>14977261
>He was only right because Tomino wrote him to be right.

Most fictional characters are only right because their writer writes them to be right.
>>
>>14977305
By that logic, Kira and Lacus are good characters.
>>
>>14977310

In-universe, they are. From the viewer's perspective, they're whatever we want to think about them.
>>
>>14977321
>objectivity doesn't exist
lel
>>
>>14977159
Origin is fucking amazing. But Deikun only properly appears in a short sidestory set in 0057. He comes across as a fanatic, comparing the birth of Casval/Char to Jesus being born in Bethlehem.

That story is great for a bunch of other reasons though. Deikun is a radical university professor, Degwin the Dean helping to hide him. Dolze is a delinquent gang member who beats up Feddie riot cops. Kindergarten aged Kycilia is already super clever. Crowley Hamon is established as a kid while Ral is already fully grown, showing just how much older he is than her.
>>
>>14977302
The exact lines that divide clines from wholly separate species are usually vague and arbitrary. Taxonomy is often more an art than science.
>>
>>14977173
It doesn't say that, though. Clause 2 of Article 15 says that priority will be given to involving them in the administrative process. Or, in other words, that the fact that they're not human doesn't mean that the governments who signed the charter can deny them representation. If spacemen evolve, you have to put effort into making them part of the government, you can't just leave them out in the cold. The interpretation that it would grant them any special authority over the administrative process would be a violation of Article 11, which forbids any consideration of race in granting representation in the Earth Federation government. Article 15 isn't a big deal because of what it contains, it's because the fact that it was hidden in the first place would damage faith in the EF.
>>
>>14977421
Upon rewatching Unicorn in TV series form, I realized that Riddhe actually directly addresses the issue of how important the deleted clause really is in a monologue I somehow failed to absorb when I watched the OVA. Basically, it doesn't matter in and of itself. It probably never mattered really, it was never some existential threat to the Earth Federation. Even in the first years of the UC calendar the revelation of the coverup probably wouldn't have destroyed the Federation, though it would have brought down an administration and been a big, messy scandal.

But by 0096, in light of Zeon's talk of Newtypes, the revelation that the EF had always known something like this might happen would have served as a rallying point and reinvigorated a space independence movement that was finally nearly exhausted from decades of continuous uprisings.
>>
>>14977326
>He doesn't realize their intervention in battles massively increases the casualties due to the resulting chaos.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.