[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chinese knockoff anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

File: header_animate.png (93KB, 707x592px) Image search: [Google]
header_animate.png
93KB, 707x592px
Chinese knockoff anime
>>
>>14973682
Kainar's sorta not too awful.
>>
last I saw it was all up on youtube with subs that ran a bit on the crab side
not bad for something to leave as background noise
>>
>Astro Plan.jpg
>>
>>14973705
Same goes for the model kits (well, at least the 1/100 Kainar itself).
The worst I can say about it is that the kneecaps have a tendency of popping off when moved and that the rifle on the boxart is misplaced.
>>
I'm kind of curious as to why China's never been able to achieve their own identity as far as animation goes. They've done a few worthwhile animated projects in the past such as 'A Chinese Ghost Story' yet they seem to be stuck in copying Japan the same as South Korea.
>>
>>14974097
Blame the commies
>>
>>14974097
You can attribute that sort of things to a lot of different factors. Not the least of which is the already standard international "Oh China made a thing? It's probably just a shitty copy of something Japan made."
Then there's however China's animation market actually is, where in Japan it's a huge thing and almost part of a cultural identity, even in America animation is a much smaller affair. Japan can put out so much original content in that market so often because their industry is thriving. This is also assisted by Japanese consumer culture where people generally show their support by buying products pretty regularly from shows they enjoy.

This is all speculation though, I've put no research into the matter, it seems like a plausible rationale.
>>
>>14974229
I suspect that China got into the same "animation is for kids" trap that many countries fall into. From what I've seen there are lots of Chinese animation aimed at toddlers and younger kids, but almost nothing for older audience groups.

Also, remember that up until the 80's-90's China wasn't really open to foreign products and culture. Their entertainment industry has caught on to stuff like the Japanese/Korean model of idols, but maybe animation is just something that would take longer to establish. When you consider that Chinese audiences can access Japanese anime/manga relatively easily these days, it makes it even more difficult to establish a uniquely Chinese identity in the works as people would use anime as the reference point.
>>
>>14974097
In their case it's simple
>cartoon is for kids
>Jap stuff is bad and evil and poisoning
>content made by passionate individuals gets censored, banned, or discontinued literally because of evil adults in charge
chinks gonna chink, they cuck their country into watching the same shit all day. Chink civil war, japs are bad, kung fu warriors, propaganda and other soap opera garbage.
>>
File: Chiniese Knock off Zaku.jpg (533KB, 2000x1423px) Image search: [Google]
Chiniese Knock off Zaku.jpg
533KB, 2000x1423px
>>14973682
>>
>>14974405
Not bad for a bootleg
>>
what was the name of that one chinese macross? i remember it being like shortly after frontier aired
>>
File: Answers on pol.png (450KB, 789x1193px) Image search: [Google]
Answers on pol.png
450KB, 789x1193px
>>14974110
>>14974229
>>14974097
>>
File: gundam-ripoff-2.jpg (41KB, 420x326px) Image search: [Google]
gundam-ripoff-2.jpg
41KB, 420x326px
>>
>>14974617
The one with the animation that looked like it was done in flash, right? Astro Plan.
>>
File: 20161117-0003.jpg (305KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20161117-0003.jpg
305KB, 1600x1200px
>>14975281
I have it's plamo!
>>
>>14973682
So, what happened to this ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAglenpU95Y
>>
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFPlzwoH5MWcV9nVOSi1dkZUVyeQWjBis
For those haven't watch yet
>>
>>14973715
>>14973705
Haven't watched any of the show, but the kits are pretty nice if you fancy their SRW OG-looks.

>>14974110
This. The Chinese do enjoy transgressive entertainment a whole lot, but the Communist party does not. So they stop it from being made and the Chinese just pirate foreign stuff that's halfway there or stick with novels, which still have an easier time slipping through the cracks right now.

Though that comic series about the insect-themed cyborg operators and other operators and the brainwashed superhacker kid was kinda dope. Very rife with chinese nationalist sentiments, but that's genre standard anyway.

Plus there's always the taiwanese stuff, which doesn't have to deal with being from a commie dictatorship yet.
>>
File: Type H Gendum.png (302KB, 410x720px) Image search: [Google]
Type H Gendum.png
302KB, 410x720px
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFfkui6S7CU
why does it have an english trailer?
>>
>>14975780
maybe the chink want to export to us later so that they can sell their toys or something ?
>>
>>14975372
Did it ever came out?
>>
>>14975804
i too was wondering about the same thing.
Anyway, here is the comic version http://www.u17.com/comic/10536.html
if you could read chink .
>>
>>14975780
I liked the song.
>>
>>14978577
Do note that the author abandonned it ages ago and moved on to something that looks (I can't read chinese) closer to a Toku than a Mecha manhua. Still /m/, though.
We might just be unaware of the animated version's release. Hopefully.
>>
>>14974706
The fuck does what /pol/ think about Islam have to do with the chinks?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.