[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

And the award for worst mech design of the year goes to....

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

File: latest.png (215KB, 793x766px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
215KB, 793x766px
And the award for worst mech design of the year goes to....
>>
What designs came out this year?
>>
>>14972733
nothing Just give it to seed
>>
>>14972733
The stuff from macross delta but I think the new designs are pretty good
>>
>>14972733
I was about to post some IBO suits but damn they've been good so far.
>>
>>14972721
Regalia's final mech
>>
Does the megazord from the new power rangers movie count?
>>
Argevollen?
>>
>>14973518
yeah I'd say the melted piles of grey shit and the GreyShitMeltaZord are gonna be tough to surpass
>>
File: lego-quake-beast-set-71315-15-2.jpg (123KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
lego-quake-beast-set-71315-15-2.jpg
123KB, 700x700px
>>
>>14973523
>>14973518
Fuck you, the Zord actually looks good this time around.
>>
File: 1478303350018.jpg (395KB, 2048x1921px) Image search: [Google]
1478303350018.jpg
395KB, 2048x1921px
>>14973540
>the Zord actually looks good this time around.
What
>>
File: 1479985815483.jpg (152KB, 812x650px) Image search: [Google]
1479985815483.jpg
152KB, 812x650px
>>14973540
>Fuck you, the Zord actually looks good this time around.
>>
>>14973540
I'm not even a Power Rangers fan and I have to disagree. Nice way of grabbing my (you).
>>
>>14973538
Holy shit Lego has gone to hell.

The shoulder blades look cool though.
>>
>>14972721
All mechs from Turn A
>>
>>14973567
They were told that the whole line was cancelled during mid-development of the sets and Netflix series so they simply slapped some sets together and the show turned into honestly the biggest pile of /m/ shit of the year.

What's baffling about Quake Beast is that by simple rotating some parts around it actually ends up looking really cool.
>>
>>14973586
Why was it all cancelled?
>>
>>14973586
Ooof, I see. Sad to see it happen, but the brand has only gone downhill since before Hero Factory.

I looked at the current Lego brand lineup and it was basically capeshit.

>>14972721
It definitely goes to the kike megasperg.
>>
>>14973541
That thing literally looks like some sort of Metroid reject.
>>
All the other machines in Titanfall 2 look fantastic, but this ugly fucker is just a Ball with sticks for limbs.
>>
>>14973665
I think that's what makes it great.
>>
>>14973643
there's a whole clusterfuck of reasons

> terrible marketing - they basically expected the old fans to spread the word
> story and lore catered to no one which together with G1 fans being butthurt about the CCBS building system fucked up the marketing plans
> what marketing, story and franchise bible there was was apparently all done by the design team itself; it wasn't until Ryder Windham stepped in to make sense out of it and gave sets that basically had just placeholder names actual ones (imagine if Gali, Lewa, Pohatu, etc. were still called Hook, Axe, Kick, etc. as they were during development - that's what G2 was)
> the Toa were probably too expensive and large for impulse buys
> questionable budget priorities - they wasted thousands of dollars on seven solid gold masks as prizes of competitions
> those competitions were basically unknown to most of the target audience and so it was the usual BZPower, Eurobricks, etc. circlejerk who took part where (as always) the largest clusterfuck MOC won
> some speculate that Disney has its paws in its demise, given that the sets DID actually sell reasonably well while the buildable Star Wars figures (which are ridiculously overpriced) shelfwarm HARD and yet they chug out more and more of them every half year

and finally

>classic Bionicle simply doesn't fit into Lego's homogenised, dumbed down in-house lines anymore - try google Christian Faber's deleted blog post about Hero Factory. Apparently the story bible was supposed to be WAY more complex than Bionicle, with the factory backdrop itself just being a springboard into a vast universe; what we got was just a horribly butchered version of what could have been
>>
File: Brick2x4.jpg (249KB, 1012x1016px) Image search: [Google]
Brick2x4.jpg
249KB, 1012x1016px
>>14973645
>Ooof, I see. Sad to see it happen, but the brand has only gone downhill since before Hero Factory.
>I looked at the current Lego brand lineup and it was basically capeshit.

Plastic quality and part design also took a nosedive.
They're now using clear pellets with added colors for molding and parts were redesigned to use less plastic.
Check out the standard 2x4 brick: the walls are thinner and the studs only attach to those small protrusions.
One stud wide bricks and stuff like lightsaber hilts or clips where you insert rods are also now prone to breaking.

And the less said about the obscene amount of stickers in some sets the better.
>>
File: 147843646807157.jpg (79KB, 1000x764px) Image search: [Google]
147843646807157.jpg
79KB, 1000x764px
>>
>>14973699
There's been tons of stickers for like twenty years.

>One stud wide bricks and stuff like lightsaber hilts or clips where you insert rods are also now prone to breaking.
Jesus christ how horrifying.
>>
File: GNX-704T_-_Ahead_-_Front_View.jpg (146KB, 544x600px) Image search: [Google]
GNX-704T_-_Ahead_-_Front_View.jpg
146KB, 544x600px
and this year's Hall of Fame inductee
>>
File: 6915_brickset.jpg (194KB, 624x764px) Image search: [Google]
6915_brickset.jpg
194KB, 624x764px
>>14975148
This was released twenty years ago and the only stickers are for special effects that you can't print like the heat sensitive one on top of that gun thing.
>>
>>14973541
You can clearly see how different zords fused into the Megazord, only this time instead of looking like cheap plastic schlock forced into stupid arm and leg shapes it actually looks like a unified design.
>>
>>14975168
That's ancient though.
>>
>>14975900
yeah, the melty piles of grey shit with random bits of color form a big pile of grey shit with random bits of color
like pottery
>>
>>14972733

IBO was the only mecha series this year.

Mecha is dead.
>>
>>14975900
Except it makes zero sense how it combined from the ugly new zords. It wouldn't be too bad as a standalone design but the indecisiveness of it not knowing if it wants to be colorful or grey, it didn't have those stupid feet, or it was anything BUT a combiner mech. The context of what it is makes a bad design into a truly terrible design.

This design looks like a villains power armor, not a combiner mech.
>>
>>14973681
I like how they advertised at the Comic-Con panel that the new line would be partially inspired by the Mata Nui Online Game, but that totally wasn't the case. The art style of those '15 animations was way different and none of the tone or world-building came through. The only things they had in common was that both had nice, colorful background art and overly simplistic animation.

The got it all backwards. Promoting a line almost exclusively to old fans but making it too stupid and distant for them to care about it.
>>
>>14976074
Pretty much the only thing that went right was the set design itself (at least for the winter waves).
They took the features of the old figures and perfected them, like the Mata swing arms or Phantoka combination gimmick.
>>
>>14978849
I liked the first wave, sucks that they couldn't do a more effective promo push and that so many fans were put off by CCBS. Although I do think the sets could have been improved a bit, and the designers could have added more varied pieces, like that spiky Hero Factory add-on. Though that may have made them look overdesigned.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.