[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are y'all watching Thunderbirds, /m/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: Untitled.png (458KB, 852x477px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
458KB, 852x477px
Are y'all watching Thunderbirds, /m/?
>>
File: came.gif (725KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
came.gif
725KB, 200x150px
>>14969400
>That entire fight
>>
>>14969400
No. Why should I?
>>
>>14969400
>Are y'all watching Thunderbirds, /m/?

Yep. Thunderbirds are go !
The only criticism I have is that stupid "shadow operative". She's completely meaningless (as her mecha). The Tracy's in the old series carried weapons, I suppose by losing them in this new remake they had to add a secret agent (that wasn't Lady Penelope).
>>
>>14969400
Is it as good as the original if you get past the CGI?
>>
>>14970452
>Is it as good as the original if you get past the CGI?

Yes it's that good. The CGI does wonders though. You cannot experience the real takoff of Thunderbird 1 or the breaking of the sound barrier of Thunderbird 3 unless you've watched this series. It's not just CGI, there are lots of physical models used as well. It's all in all a great remake. Maybe a little bit more politically correct and sanitized (like Spielberg eliminating the guns from the federal agents in ET) than the old series but what can you do. No more nuclear airplanes to save, everything is "eco-friendly" this time.
I just wish we could have all the old supermarionation series with all the technical improvements of the new Thunderbirds series.
>>
>>14970452
The only big difference is instead of miniatures and uncanny puppet people it's miniatures and uncanny cg people
>>
>>14969400
Hey I don't remember this fight in Outlaw Star
>>
>>14970406
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTEB1oP3FQE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQwgIZ__WrY
>thunderbirds 3-5 actually get to do stuff
>in one episode 3 and 4 go on a mission TOGETHER
>thunderbird 5 actually has episodes (plural!) focused on it and they're GOOD
>music is fucking fantastic
>>
>>14970761
>music is fucking fantastic
Series 1 Volume 2 soundtrack when? I really want a clean version of the classic theme arrangement from Designated Driver.
>>
>>14970874
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Iyd173NAiM
You can find a google doc file with unofficial rips in the comments.
>>
>>14970920
Yeah, I know about that. I just want the official release so I can have completely clean versions.
>>
This is a British show, right?
Do they make funny British jokes?
Like jokes about the queen, tea and brexits.
>>
>>14971048
british/new zealand, but the main characters are american, for the most part
a tea pot was a plot device once
>>
File: tumblr_nmozys9Seu1rxojvro6_1280.jpg (66KB, 1270x713px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmozys9Seu1rxojvro6_1280.jpg
66KB, 1270x713px
Evangelion Are Go
>>
>>14970487
To be fair how often did they actually use their guns in the original series? Like once that I can recall, against that one crazy scientist in the ancient spaceship pyramid, and even then they didn't kill him. And those nuclear engine planes were pat of that 50s/60s space age futurism, they weren't inherently meant to be eco-unfriendly.
>>
How do Anno and the other members of the original otaku generation feel about the reboot? I know Kawamori creamed his jeans when they asked him to design Thunderbird-S, but do they actually like the new show?
>>
bump because you guys got me to watch it and it is great.
>>
File: Tracy Island sunset.gif (1MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
Tracy Island sunset.gif
1MB, 540x304px
>>14973961
Welcome to the TAG team, bruh.
>>
>>14970487
literally the best part about Thunderbirds was the xboxhueg atomic powered everything that consistently fucks up and has to be fixed.

honestly bring back the 60s
>>
File: 56243.jpg (328KB, 666x375px) Image search: [Google]
56243.jpg
328KB, 666x375px
>>
File: tagtb4model.jpg (86KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
tagtb4model.jpg
86KB, 640x640px
>>14975216
Bump with actual content next time.

Atlantis and model TB4 this Saturday.
>>
>>14975216
This is the worst piece of marketing art. Is having them all in the same pose supposed to look cool? Because it really just looks awkward.

>>14976102
They're using a lot of TB4 this season. Not that I'm complaining but there has been a certain lack of Virgil and TB2 since the first episode...
>>
>>14969400
terrible show. couldnt even make it through the first episode.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.